Gaming FM2017 Football Legends - Classic Player Draft - S2 Holiday Updates

Should I allow Managers/Clubs to make transfer every summer or should I lock in the teams drafted fo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
:lol: so typical of an Anto side. Not a single player worthy of mention in the various player stats, none in the Team of the Month, no remarkable team stat, nothing... Second.

Very happy with that last result, looks like the team are starting to grasp what they are supposed to be doing. Was a derby as well :keano:

BTW @oneniltothearsenal, who did I draw with? I assume that was an away game?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
:lol: so typical of an Anto side. Not a single player worthy of mention in the various player stats, none in the Team of the Month, no remarkable team stat, nothing... Second.

Very happy with that last result, looks like the team are starting to grasp what they are supposed to be doing. Was a derby as well :keano:

BTW @oneniltothearsenal, who did I draw with? I assume that was an away game?
Away to @Invictus @Ecstatic 2-2

antohan

@oneniltothearsenal when can we fire the manager? This 442 is getting ridiculous.

Goodbye Cloughie!
Not any time soon I'm afraid:

@oneniltothearsenal

Name: FC Full Kit Wankers
Short name: FK Wankers
Six Letter Name: FKWank
Nickname: La Wankella

Primary kit/logo color: Fleshy Pink
Secondary color: Milky White

Supporter Profile:
Loyalty: 20

Passion: 20
Patience: 20
Affluence: 20
Temperament: 16

Rivals:
Skizzo/joga (Lobanovskyi)
Sjor (A. Ferguson)
Adjudicator (B. Robson)

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Not a good start after that demolishion of Gio's even though Lattek is playing those whom I expected of him, maybe apart from the DM. Disappointing, but we have enough to catch up with the leaders.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Feck, knew we should have lowered the patience!
I thought about mentioning the downside to high supporter stats like Patience but thought it would be more fun for exactly this reason

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Still Cerezo on the right wing and Jarni /gullit midfield :lol:

Cheers for the update @oneniltothearsenal .

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
@oneniltothearsenal , thanks for this, great detailed update.

Looking at the match stats and considering @2mufc0 is a high flier, I'll take a draw but what is that line-up? It looks like Laudrup as RB, ? (Irwin or McGrain) in MF and Tommy Taylor as LW?!!

I could part understand it if it was ages (players from longest ago get picked) but if that was the case, Irwin would get picked over Cole and Taylor would play up front?

P.S. who did I thump (as GD is +5)? :)

League Table Sept.28th
]

antohan

It's refreshing to see we are all better than these legendary managers :lol:

@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson you are Michels, all players should be capable of switching positions with others so McGrain in midfield and Laudrup at RB makes sense. Sort of.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
It's refreshing to see we are all better than these legendary managers :lol:

@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson you are Michels, all players should be capable of switching positions with others so McGrain in midfield and Laudrup at RB makes sense. Sort of.
If it was Krol or Rijkaard fine, but Laudrup at RB is xxxxxxx ridiculous.

Just hope I can hang on midtable until the younger players mature.

antohan

If it was Krol or Rijkaard fine, but Laudrup at RB is xxxxxxx ridiculous.

Just hope I can hang on midtable until the younger players mature.
I have three of my first six picks on the bench while my best player was picked in R21 :lol:

Have a sneaky feeling I'll sink like a lead balloon scouse-style by January. Should have gone for obvious wide players rather than getting all creative trying to uncover a gem.

RedTiger

Half mast
@Enigma_87 and myself drafted what we thought was a well balanced in terms of different skill sets and overall ages... Yet we're 1 place off relegation:(

Have any of our strikers actually scored a fecking goal? Pele is down as the 10 so not included.

Are there any domestic cups? I'd like to think that our season isn't over yet.

antohan

@Enigma_87 and myself drafted what we thought was a well balanced in terms of different skill sets and overall ages... Yet we're 1 place off relegation:(

Have any of our strikers actually scored a fecking goal? Pele is down as the 10 so not included.

Are there any domestic cups? I'd like to think that our season isn't over yet.
The only teamsheet of yours I saw he was playing CF.

Yes, there are cups, which should mix things up nicely in age profiles.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
The only teamsheet of yours I saw he was playing CF.

Yes, there are cups, which should mix things up nicely in age profiles.
Actually there isn't. I guess I needed to manually add one :(
At least some of you will get EL and CL
I'll try to see if I can add in In-Game editor

UPDATE 2 - OCTOBER

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports

Update 2 - End of October-ish

Early Match of the Month: @NM vs. @Skizzo @Joga Bonito

Socrates pick: NM

BBC Pick: Skizzonito

Here is the match of the day tactical preview of the NM vs. Skizzonito match of the week

NM brings his free flowing and high scoring front four of Ronaldo and Piola flanked by Orsi and Rahn. Skizzo counters with deadly Ademir in front of the fluid Pedernera, Hidegkuti and Tirnanic. The midfield battle of V. Mazzola+Duncan Edwards vs. Didi and Tardelli looks epic.

Socrates believes that NM’s offense is irresistible. He reminds us that “football is a sport made from spontaneity and discernment, luxury and freedom”. The pragmatic Shearer reminds him “football is not just about scoring goals, it’s about winning”. Edgar Allan Pillow is spotted in the stands with a Skizzo voodoo doll while Spontaneous has been overheard shouting at any random FA official he can find about scheduling.
Beckenbauer has been all over Ronaldo and Piola. Mazzola scores a crazy free kick. 1-0. Scirea steals pass from Ademir. Piola brings it level right been the half breaking free on end of Ronaldo pass. 1-1
Result

@spontaneus1 vs. @Tuppet

Again I really like Spontaneous’ side as its a 343 built around Maradona. Jim Baxter makes it into the side for this one next to Sammer. Savicevic has forced his way into Tuppet’s side. Tuppet is seeking a balance after the pressure of being the odds favorites and a few injuries have disrupted his flow. Spontaneous’ squad looks happy to just be given a match finally - on Oct. 15th. I expect the end of the season to contain more Spontaneous matches than the start. For now Diego seems unable with his midfield after Bremner went out injured.

Tactical Preview

Result

@P-Nut0712 vs @RedTiger @Enigma_87

Seemingly unhappy with how tough this league is, Pep has benched his “next Xavi” favorite in Verratti. Instead this midfield gets harder with Roy Keane behind Veron and Redondo. Redondo is fired up because he saw some people on Twitter calling him a “DLP”. Redondo doesn’t conform to hair regulations let alone video game positions and he is ready to prove his critics wrong. Robson-Netzer are Enigma’s pivot with Bobek dropping back. Some in the media want to see more of Baggio though who is currently benched by Hugo Sanchez.

Tactical Preview

Guntzer Netzer took a dribble in the center and shot a dart into the net in the 4th minute. But George Best, who some say are carrying P-Nut’s team at the moment, dribbles right past Camacho and gives Zoltan Czibor a beautiful pass which Zoltan fires a 20 yard screamer. 1-1 approaching the half. Redondo steals the ball from Pele. Zoltan puts the Waterhead side ahead 2-1. Happel has shifted formation. Andrea Moller comes on. The Red’nigma Army is chanting Pele’s name.

Match Results

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
@Moby @Raees vs. @Igor

433 vs 4231. Sindelar flanked by Milutinovic and Billy Liddel against Kocsis flanked by Overmars and Rivelino. Meazza in the hole for Igor while the MobyRae side relies on box to box and roaming playmakers in Falcao and Blanchflower. Igor’s defense is I believe the oldest in the league with three players at 24 and 22 year young’un John Charles (controversially not in his best position according to some pundits). Socrates has already wildly criticized Matt Busby for not playing Zico and young prodigy 18 year old Messi. The media is not happy with these team sheets. These sides battle to a 1-1 draw in the 70th minute while the League Dictator yells for Zico to be brought on.

Tactical Preview

Result

And since he has been trailing behind in matches, a @spontaneous match again. Against @simonhch

I thought the Maradona placement in a 35 variation would be a solid for maximizing Diego but the game might rate him lower this young. He might need a year or two to get going.

But Maradona get Spontaneous off to a great start dribbling then feeding Zsengeller for an early lead. Bobby Charlton swung it back even. Did Spontaneous get his first win ?

Tactical Preview

Result

@antohan vs @2mufc0

This match must be shown to calm tactical fears (or maybe cause other fears haha).Tactical Preview straight out the gate:

As we can see Jarni is on the left back position as appropriate and the midfield is Gullit-Coluna. Sadly though Krol is still on the bench. Andreolo is also looking to be an early Cruyff favorite with some great passes. Keegan and van Basten is the combo that Lippi and his cigar are relying on.

Tactical Preview

Result

Sjor Bepo vs B4Keane

Rinus still going with crazy offensive midfield of Zidane and Giresse behind Laudrup. Ferguson counters with a pragmatic 4231. Davids-Scholes is the base with Florian Albert in front. The ROBSON side is boasting Garrincha in fine form although perhaps a little off from the rest of the team tactically. Rinus is maintaining possession while Ferguson’s side is deadly on the counters. Davids is ferocious winning balls to spring the counter.

Tactical Preview

Result

@Invictus @Ecstatic vs. @RedTiger @Enigma_87

A battle of the pragmatist continent traveling managers playing for cartoon inspired teams this match should sport the wildest outfits in the fans. And scantily clad women! Ancelotti and his Puskas - Suarez Miramontes led side. Sadly the Red Enigmas, Pele has received a 3 week injury :( Tostao takes his place. Without O Rei Pele, The Red’nigmas will be relying their wings of Lato and Dzajic.

Tactical Preview

Result

And to make up for lost time, yet another Spontaneous update! His lobbying has got his team some matches! Well mostly because @harms needs a match. Udo Lattek definitely has a preferred XI and now it’s time to see if the training has paid off. Di Stefano started off to an up and down beginning but during the match with Anto Di Stefano seemed to shift into a higher gear.

Result

Final Match Before Update is @ADJUDICATOR and Bobby Robson against @Macern and Bob Paisely. Paisely has been relying a lot on Boniek and Ronaldinho for creativity from the wings. The Battle Bob will now begin. For Adjudicator an injury to Paul van Himst has cause a switch of personnel. Thierry Henry and Kubala are now playing in front of Zola creating a definite PL heavy side. This match is close to my heart. They said it couldn’t be done. But in this match...the impossible has happened.

Tactical Preview

Result

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Overview - October

As we approach the end of October there are four teams that stand out. Two teams still haven’t tasted defeat. While two others are yet to celebrate a victory.

Team of October: @harms

Udo Lattek, Arsenio Erico and Di Stefano were important here shooting harms back into the Champions League slots.

Player of the Month: no one. Not enough matches due to international break. Will combine Oct-Nov for PotM.

League Table

Team Stats

Player Stats

Latest Team of the Week

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Gio vs Anto is my next match btw. I might do a mini update but next big one ill be about 24 hours probably