Gaming FM2017 Football Legends - Classic Player Draft - S2 Holiday Updates

Should I allow Managers/Clubs to make transfer every summer or should I lock in the teams drafted fo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Season 1 FINISH

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
@antohan
To be honest I am not sure exactly what Anto was wanting info on anymore but you lot can look at me like Dr. Seuss not Shakespeare. My stories don’t always make sense. They do not follow this thing called logic but hopefully they entertain for a minute!
These last few matches I am just going to include a variety of screen shots.
Here is Anto schedule.

@NM @Igor Drefljak
A final check in on two sides that had divergent paths this season. NM started strong and has been sputtering ever since. Munoz’ side on the other hand has been a bit inconsistent all season but has won 21 points out of the last 9 matches to make a bid for European competition.
A loss here to NM and Igor allows Anto, Harms and the Red’nigma all have a shout at Europe. A win for Igor and he can control his own future. Sindelar returns for Igor while Ronaldo looks in fine form for the Guttman idealists.
Results

@mazhar13 vs. @simonhch
Two teams fighting for different things. Sacchi’s aptly named Low Expectations club has struggled all season to gain consistent form. Capello’s side led by Leonidas, Charlton and Finney are looking like a good bet for CL perhaps. Sacchi’s side plays for pride and for Arrigo to keep his job. Not a situation the mastermind of Milan has been in before.
Results

@Gio vs @Skizzo @Joga Bonito
Look at Club Gio. Apparently I only made Shankly an interim manager and he got sacked when Sir Alex Ferguson was hired by Gio. Poor @Sjor Bepo. But it’s hilarious to me. My apologies.
Of special interest this match is how Hans-Jurgen Dorner is in midfield while Beckenbauer is in defense. I have to give credit to this wonderful player that is under the radar historically due to playing his entire career for Dynamo Dresden and East Germany. Been researching this player and he is truly a fabulous libero.

@harms vs.

@Invictus @Ecstatic

skizzonito
Results

@RedTiger @Enigma_87 vs.
@spontaneus1

Here are league table and player stats.

Unfortunately I fast forwarded by mistake and lost all the team stats for the season :(

I was debating replaying the last 6 matches to be able to collect team stats but I already posted from this save so I don’t want to go back and replay. My greatest apologies. I will be able to cobble together some team stats but sadly I don’t think I can pull assists only goals and appearances for teams.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks for the update @oneniltothearsenal

I'm relieved that we didn't finish bottom. We looked like the worst team out of all this season, but I'm glad that the players are slowly adjusting to Sacchi's demands. I think that this is Platini's first good performance of the season as well!

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
It looks like next season We only get 3 Champions League slots - no competitors in this year hurt our Co-efficient - so European competition next year will be more intense

I think I will fold the last season details into a Preview since I don't have as many stats. I will have a Best XI, goals and appearances and some other random ones.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Thanks for the update.

At least I won the highest number of draws league.

Tuppet

w00t !!

Its funny seeing Herrera's side with highest possession and passing accuracy, I was hoping he'll go full catenaccio and kick everyone to submission. Guess After Barca and Inter he tailored his tactic one more time to get the championship. Take a bow Herrera !!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
feck yes! What a surge to come second, and only miss the title by 3 points. Capello earned his salary.

I'm excited to see how my youthful reserves of Neymar, C.Ronaldo and Weah mature next season. Neymar is already out on loan.

And Madrid want my reserve full back, Benarrivo, for 119M :lol:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

:eek: 22 goals from 53 shots is ridiculous from Ronaldo.

''Huge non-negotiable offer''

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
w00t !!

Its funny seeing Herrera's side with highest possession and passing accuracy.
More to the point, it's funny seeing him win a league of superstars.

I took my time picking the manager mulling over Guttmann, Cruyff and Herrera. Crossed out Guttmann as I expected it to be way too tactically naive and better suited to Edgar. Then crossed out Herrera (against my personal hardwired preference for solid defending and counter-attacking) on the grounds that 1. His style could struggle in a 3 points per win environment, and 2. If I missed out on Facchetti I would lose the will to live.

As it turns out, I wound up with the most infuriatingly naive of managers who keeps snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and systematically drops points at home against sound counterattacking approaches.

:mad:

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Least games lost, 3 points off top spot and least conceded. Can't complain given our pre-season odds. Redondo was my first choice for midfield so that would be a snip, though that would make 8 midfielders with Zanetti getting a surprising amount of turnouts in midfield and Vidal out on loan. Great tackling from Vieira, but surprising seeing Buffon near the top for mistakes :lol:

Great season on the whole @oneniltothearsenal , looking forward to the next update.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Mini Transfer Update July 2nd as I put together Team Summer profiles

TRANSFER WINDOW END S1-S2

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Complete Transfer Update and Media Predictions for Season Two

Not sure if it was all your overly generous supporter profiles or the way I locked the league from relegation and the fact all teams are rich but no other manager movements. So Gio has SAF and Sjor has Jose and the rest of you all have your original managers. Big difference than the modern experiment iirc.

Almost £400 million was spent on transfers!

Yet all of your squads are virtually unchanged. The biggest transfers out of the league were Luigi Riva going to Roma (sorry @harms) and @Invictus @Ecstatic selling Raul to Inter Milan. The biggest transfer between all of you was just @altodevil86 Pillow selling Guardiola to @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson

Oops for some reason I thought harms had Riva hah

@Edgar Allan Pillow Alto and @2mufc0 essentially traded John Terry for Robert Pires. Big move but relatively unexciting given all the big names that didn't switch clubs.

Most activity was all of you loaning out your wonderkids to get playing time and bringing in some grizzled golden oldie to fill in. Sadly because of the weird way I set this up the game is not recording a Players Player of the Year or Footballer of the Year for the league :(

Ultimately though this transfer window which ended July30th as I tried to set it has been for me the best of both worlds. Not too much chaos activity but enough changes to keep things interesting for next season.

@NM and Bela Guttman are notably for NO incoming or outgoing transfers. I think thats actually a first for me as I have never seen - at least with the teams I watched. It probably happened.

So we are already ready for the next season and I am not sure I need to spend 2 hours on team profiles. Maybe I do that in Nov. so you all get stats on your new teams.

All I know is you lot better collectively run through Europe. We dropped down to 4th!
Time to bulldoze these Serie A and La Liga pretenders.

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Feck sake, Terry is a beast in this database. Sell Clough.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
who the feck are billy mccracken and len asshurts:o:o:o sack mourinho.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Added some age to the defence and shipped some youth out.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Pat Rice and Ray Wilson on a free? Not too bad. No players in the dream XI though :(