Gaming Football Manager 2016

Meller

Getting a bit bored with FM at the moment (as you can tell by my post above), so will try out a journeyman save which a few people in here did some time ago. Starting with the lowest rep and unemployed, with only random countries/leagues selected. Hopefully I'll enjoy this.

EDIT: So, got offered the job as Persika manager in the Indonesian Premier League, where for some reason 22 of the 24 teams begin with the letter P.

They actually agreed to pay for my next coaching badge, what a great club this is.

Last edited:

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
At the 'business end' of my 2nd season with Spurs. Just beat Chelsea in the fa cup semi final and have a final against Wolves coming up. In the Champions League I just beat Chelsea 2-1 again in the 1st leg of the semi final. In the League, I am second, 1 point behind United with a game in hand. I play them at OT on the last day of the season :). I could have been 2 points clear had I not rested players for the CL semi against Watford. Icardi has 35 for me in all competitons and Kane has chipped in with 18 and Gabigol with 20.
Bottled it in the league! Drew 2-2 with my old team Sunderland at home and then drew 0-0 with 19th place Norwich at home to hand United the title. Last PL game of the season with United and they celebrated in style by thrashing me 4-0. I was on one hell of a run and over the past 3 games, my team all of sudden forgot how to cross and pass! My next game is the FA cup final against Wolves who also got relegated and then our 1st ever champions league final against Arsenal.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Bottled it in the league! Drew 2-2 with my old team Sunderland at home and then drew 0-0 with 19th place Norwich at home to hand United the title. Last PL game of the season with United and they celebrated in style by thrashing me 4-0. I was on one hell of a run and over the past 3 games, my team all of sudden forgot how to cross and pass! My next game is the FA cup final against Wolves who also got relegated and then our 1st ever champions league final against Arsenal.
A 1-0 win over Wolves gave me the FA cup. On to the CL final and my left back Layvin Kurzawa stole the show late into the game despite having a stinker all game. Took the lead in the 10th minute only for Arsenal to score 2 before half time. Threw everyone forward to get the equaliser and in the 84th minute, my LB beat 2 men and beat the Arsenal keeper at his near post to take us to extra time. I parked the bus to see out extra time and Arsenal could have easily scored 3 or 4 if it wasnt for Lloris. During the shootout, Lloris saved 3 of theirs and up stepped Kurzawa to score the winning penalty.

I've signed loads of brazilian regens. I'm going to spend 1 more season at spurs and give them a chance as well as have another stab at the title before jumping ship to another club. My squad is pretty strong but i'm tempted to get Donnarumma as Lloris is getting old.

2E_MUFC

Started off a save with RB Leipzig. First season should be a simple task winning the league. Nearly
Halfway through the season and 4 points clear so. Also beat Schalke in the German cup.

Tosicsleftpeg

In my second season with Milan had a bit of a mare 1st season finished 4th been trying out loads of downloaded tactics and they just don't work like they would on older versions of the game.

I reverted to a balanced 4231 wide putting everyone in positions they are comfortable with and its working wonders, make a few tactical changes depending on the opposition sometimes but my squad is decent so can handle pretty much anyone but do struggle against Juventus.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Started off a save with RB Leipzig. First season should be a simple task winning the league. Nearly
Halfway through the season and 4 points clear so. Also beat Schalke in the German cup.
They have some very tidy young players, Klostermann, Selke, but especially Massimo Bruno, the poor man's De Bruyne.

2E_MUFC

They have some very tidy young players, Klostermann, Selke, but especially Massimo Bruno, the poor man's De Bruyne.
Yeah they are all very good players. But Kaiser has been the standout. Not convinced by Forsberg or Sabitzer though. Very hit and miss.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Yeah they are all very good players. But Kaiser has been the standout. Not convinced by Forsberg or Sabitzer though. Very hit and miss.
I chucked Sabitzer to Swansea for all too much money, and somehow the FM gods smiled down on me, and there was an (just)affordable and interested, transfer listed Julian Brandt. Talk about an upgrade. :lol:

2E_MUFC

I chucked Sabitzer to Swansea for all too much money, and somehow the FM gods smiled down on me, and there was an (just)affordable and interested, transfer listed Julian Brandt. Talk about an upgrade. :lol:
:lol: Funny you should say that because he's the player I would want for when I get promoted. Koln are bottom at the minute so hoping to take Timo Horn off them.

2E_MUFC

Of course, but there's a good chance he'd go to you anyway.
He used to have a cheap release clause but that seems to have disappeard. Not sure how much I'll get to spend in the second season but them going down would help a lot. With Brandt he wants to join me but he doesn't want to join on loan which I find odd. They are asking for £18mil at the min

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
He used to have a cheap release clause but that seems to have disappeard. Not sure how much I'll get to spend in the second season but them going down would help a lot. With Brandt he wants to join me but he doesn't want to join on loan which I find odd. They are asking for £18mil at the min
6.5m was Horn's release, strange if it's gone, I can't see him extending with them and without a release in their situation.

I'd try and get Brandt at that price, too, if you can structure it in such a way that you still have funds to work on other areas with. I'd also try and chuck Sabitzer on the transfer list, see if you get any bites. I think I offered him for 15m pounds, and got 12.5m.

2E_MUFC

6.5m was Horn's release, strange if it's gone, I can't see him extending with them and without a release in their situation.

I'd try and get Brandt at that price, too, if you can structure it in such a way that you still have funds to work on other areas with. I'd also try and chuck Sabitzer on the transfer list, see if you get any bites. I think I offered him for 15m pounds, and got 12.5m.
Yeah I wouldn't of thought he'd sign a new deal. Scouted him to see if it shown up but nope definitely not there for some strange reason.

I keep getting offers for Sabitzer so will see if I can sell him for a good price. But if not I'm pretty sure Brandt will still be there in the summer so will push for a deal then.

Minkaro

A 35 year old Odegaard retiring through injury (he was actually still my first choice AMC right up to then) means that I have finally reached the point in game where my entire team is regens.

This has never actually happened to me before, I usually get bored of a save way sooner. I think because I've forced myself to go by a "loyalty" system, where I only let players go if I've no choice, it's made it more fun, watching players spend their careers with United.

I usually start a new game when the transfer updates come through, but I've a 17 year old goalkeeper who's made 33 league appearances for me, and I want to see if I can break Giggs' appearance record with him.

Macern

Pee pee pants
A 35 year old Odegaard retiring through injury (he was actually still my first choice AMC right up to then) means that I have finally reached the point in game where my entire team is regens.

This has never actually happened to me before, I usually get bored of a save way sooner. I think because I've forced myself to go by a "loyalty" system, where I only let players go if I've no choice, it's made it more fun, watching players spend their careers with United.

I usually start a new game when the transfer updates come through, but I've a 17 year old goalkeeper who's made 33 league appearances for me, and I want to see if I can break Giggs' appearance record with him.
Which trophies have you won?

2E_MUFC

Promoted with Leipzig with 6 games remaining. Need one point to be champions. Pretty much what I expected really. Initial budget is £20m for next season. Looking forward to starting the next season

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I forgot to give contracts to my last intake of regens :mad: I was sure I had told my assistant manager to do it (Jose Mourinho) but it seems like he forgot. That man really hates young players

My under 18 is all greyed out players and two guys called Indy Boonen and Chrozapaka.

Is there any way of playing the Under 21 matches yourself without sacking Warren Joyce. Also how do you arrange matches for the U-21 and U-18 squads

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Going to sack Nicky Butt as Head of Youth development. How did he let this happen!!

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I forgot to give contracts to my last intake of regens :mad: I was sure I had told my assistant manager to do it (Jose Mourinho) but it seems like he forgot. That man really hates young players

My under 18 is all greyed out players and two guys called Indy Boonen and Chrozapaka.

Is there any way of playing the Under 21 matches yourself without sacking Warren Joyce. Also how do you arrange matches for the U-21 and U-18 squads
Probably in the staff responsibilities pages.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

How do you get Jose as assistant manager lmao.

2E_MUFC

So my first game with Leipzig in the Bundesliga was away at Bayern. And I come out with the best result I've got on this fm and beat them 2-0 :drool:

Macern

Pee pee pants
I've just started a new game as, hold your hats, the chairman of Man Utd

Mourinho is the assistant, and in charge of everything besides player/staff recruitment

Let's see how this goes :D

Member 5225

I've just started a new game as, hold your hats, the chairman of Man Utd

Mourinho is the assistant, and in charge of everything besides player/staff recruitment

Let's see how this goes :D
eh? Chairman?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol: I did something similar before. Made myself 'chairman' of a lower league club and financed them towards dominance. Sacked the managers using the editor when I felt things weren't going well.

Aussie_Red_Devil

I hate my board at FC United. Struggled to score goals last season in League 2. Along comes a hell of a striker in my youth intake, and he goes straight into the first team. Scores 6 goals in 9 games.

Come the start of next season and he signs a pre contact and then the offers start to roll in and the board decides that 700,000 offer is to good to refuse and he is off to Derby. And now I'm struggling to score goals again.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Just finished my 3rd season as a chairman for Man Utd. Last season we (me and Mourinho) won the PL and the FA Cup, but we got knocked out in the first knockout round of the CL.
This season we won the fecking treble!! Not only that, but we beat City 2-1 in the CL final with Memphis scoring in extra time!

Here's the XI:

DDG
Darmian - Stones - Laporte - Shaw
Pogba - Koke
Dybala - Bernardo Silva - Memphis
Lewandowski

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Just finished my 3rd season as a chairman for Man Utd. Last season we (me and Mourinho) won the PL and the FA Cup, but we got knocked out in the first knockout round of the CL.
This season we won the fecking treble!! Not only that, but we beat City 2-1 in the CL final with Memphis scoring in extra time!

Here's the XI:

DDG
Darmian - Stones - Laporte - Shaw
Pogba - Koke
Dybala - Bernardo Silva - Memphis
Lewandowski
So how does that work? Do you simply make yourself an unemployed manager, add money through the editor, and that's it?

Macern

Pee pee pants
So how does that work? Do you simply make yourself an unemployed manager, add money through the editor, and that's it?
Huh what? No, I take over the club as a manager, and I force Mourinho to be my assistant through the editor. I gave him an 80 year long contract so he wouldn't bugger off to be the manager of other clubs. Then I put him in charge of everything a manager normally would be in charge of, like training and tactics. I holiday between the transfer windows and all I really do is hiring people, selling/buying players and setting up the scouting.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Huh what? No, I take over the club as a manager, and I force Mourinho to be my assistant through the editor. I gave him an 80 year long contract so he wouldn't bugger off to be the manager of other clubs. Then I put him in charge of everything a manager normally would be in charge of, like training and tactics. I holiday between the transfer windows and all I really do is hiring people, selling/buying players and setting up the scouting.
Oh that sounds interesting, may have to give it a go at some point.

Member 5225

sounds absolutely bonkers!!