Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Dan_F

Won the Bundesliga in the first season with Dortmund. Haaland and Reus were quality but really struggled getting Sancho going. Played well throughout the season and should’ve had the cup double. But my team started to burnout towards the end of the season.

I play a gegenpress with extremely high intensity. Is there a way to stop the burnout or should I just be rotating more?
Signed Sancho for United on the right. The first season wasnt too bad, a bit inconsistent. Second season he’s destroying and playing better than Rashford.

I tend to rest players fairly regularly. If I play two games in a week, unless they are both hard games, I’d more than likely swap out most of the team. If you don’t control the training, then keep an eye on it, as sometimes they don’t set up the pre season properly. Or they put friendly games in the middle of the winter break, when you can give them a week off. I’ve also had players come back from a summer tournament and not been given the option to let them go on holiday like usual. Had to go in and do it manually.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Someone is ending up with Burnley in this online game.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It's two days from payday and I got nothing else to spend my cash on so I'm going to buy this now.

Never been that interested in delving too deep into the tactics but I can't use time as an excuse right now can I.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Is it the full game you guys are buying from steam to play online?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Sacked the Everton save off as it annoyed me so decided to start as Sunderland instead. I think i'm trying to give myself an excuse to buy the game. If I manage to get them promoted to the PL in a week then I probably will.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Obviously there is interest, so next step is deciding which format it takes, seems like the main 2 ideas is we get players to take over premier league teams, or create a draft league as was suggested before.

As for when to play, how does Wednesday and Sunday nights suit everyone?

If we can get some sort of consensus here I will create a separate thread for the game.

2E_MUFC

Signed Sancho for United on the right. The first season wasnt too bad, a bit inconsistent. Second season he’s destroying and playing better than Rashford.

I tend to rest players fairly regularly. If I play two games in a week, unless they are both hard games, I’d more than likely swap out most of the team. If you don’t control the training, then keep an eye on it, as sometimes they don’t set up the pre season properly. Or they put friendly games in the middle of the winter break, when you can give them a week off. I’ve also had players come back from a summer tournament and not been given the option to let them go on holiday like usual. Had to go in and do it manually.
Will keep an eye on the training. I’ve noticed that regarding the international tournaments. I have the euros coming up in the summer so will try and give the players called up and extended rest.

What role have you been using for Sancho? I also use him on the right.

Dan_F

Will keep an eye on the training. I’ve noticed that regarding the international tournaments. I have the euros coming up in the summer so will try and give the players called up and extended rest.

What role have you been using for Sancho? I also use him on the right.
Attacking right winger. Make sure you’re training him in that position too, as his initial favourite position is left midfield (weirdly).

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Obviously there is interest, so next step is deciding which format it takes, seems like the main 2 ideas is we get players to take over premier league teams, or create a draft league as was suggested before.

If we can get some sort of consensus here I will create a separate thread for the game.
The nights don't matter to me I think I would prefer a premier league set up though out of choice.

sebsheep

Sacked the Everton save off as it annoyed me so decided to start as Sunderland instead. I think i'm trying to give myself an excuse to buy the game. If I manage to get them promoted to the PL in a week then I probably will.
I get sucked in by new positions. Inverted wingers in the more advanced wing positions? Sign me up. One day they'll finally make it so decent central midfielders can play in the cm d/s/a roles.

sebsheep

If I can charm the missus into letting me make the unnecessary purchase I'll be up for it. Would prefer taking over in an actual league, don't mind if it's EPL or another though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Signed Garner, Parrott and Gomes on loan. Also bought O'Hara who was at Burton. Didn't mean to go full United O'Hara was only 200k and Garner and Gomes go straight into the first team at this level. Garner didn't cost anything in wages either. Parrott has been poor so far but Gomes is quality. Top of the table with 5 wins and a draw. Should win the league with ease which is to be expected.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hadn't played this sort of game for about 15 years but took the chance with all that's going on with the free trial.

Enjoyed Woodward signing Bellingham for 22m when his value was about 9m.

Didn't enjoy how fees were so ludicrous the chance of signing anyone decent was pretty low. Quoted 120m for Max Arrons :)

Nickosaur

Hadn't played this sort of game for about 15 years but took the chance with all that's going on with the free trial.

Didn't enjoy how fees were so ludicrous the chance of signing anyone decent was pretty low. Quoted 120m for Max Arrons :)
Getting any premier league teams best player will cost you an arm and a leg.

Look abroad. Make sure your scouts are constantly looking in the french, italian, Spanish, german leagues etc. Should be able to find some good squad players at reasonable prices.

Edit: also keep checking the transfer list. Can get some surprising ones in there. I got Phil Foden for £30m in season 5 for Brighton :eek:

sebsheep

Just signed Bellingham in January, cost me about 30m with a 25% sell on clause. Should've asked Woodward to do it. :lol:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Yeah those nights are fine for me, I'm off work till May so anytime is good.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Getting any premier league teams best player will cost you an arm and a leg.

Look abroad. Make sure your scouts are constantly looking in the french, italian, Spanish, german leagues etc. Should be able to find some good squad players at reasonable prices.

Edit: also keep checking the transfer list. Can get some surprising ones in there. I got Phil Foden for £30m in season 5 for Brighton :eek:
Ta brother, but I think my days of sitting playing this for 7-8 hour shifts are long long gone.

I think there's way too much in it now, in the old days it was all about buying the players, watching the games in quick mo.
Not watching these ultra crap representations of players trudging round a pitch.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just signed Bellingham in January, cost me about 30m with a 25% sell on clause. Should've asked Woodward to do it. :lol:
My biggest gaff was when one of our crap young wingers that we all know will never make it for us came in for a contract, I put his 10/20 game clause down to barely any extra wage.
But when it came back I didn't know it'd changed, and only realised i'd agree to bump him up from 20k a week to 45k after 10 games!

Oh well, he won't get 10 games here!

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
The online game needs us all to be online at the same time by the way so I suggest we split up in 2 groups so it makes it easier to manage the time.

sebsheep

Might struggle to progress in the Europa League after getting smashed 4-0 away from home against Napoli, unsurprisingly we had more shots on target and more clear cut chances.

Dan_F

It was probably discussed when the game came out, but what do people think about the rating of United’s players on the game, particularly the potential.

Biggest surprises for me were Angel Gomes being a mile of ever making it, compared to Brandon Williams who has massive potential. Even Chong quite a lot more than Gomes.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm a bit confused by the responsibility menu on this game. I swear that I have set the transfers so I'm the only one that can finalise transfers but we have just signed a player randomly. It hasn't made any adjustment to my transfer or wage budget either.

Nickosaur

I'm a bit confused by the responsibility menu on this game. I swear that I have set the transfers so I'm the only one that can finalise transfers but we have just signed a player randomly. It hasn't made any adjustment to my transfer or wage budget either.
Is it for the first team squad? or the u23s/u18s. You can customise the responsibilities depending on the team.

I let my Head of Youth Development bring in players for the u23s/u18s, just to keep numbers up. Usually on frees/end of contract, so has no effect on budget.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is it for the first team squad? or the u23s/u18s. You can customise the responsibilities depending on the team.

I let my Head of Youth Development bring in players for the u23s/u18s, just to keep numbers up. Usually on frees/end of contract, so has no effect on budget.
It was for the first team and it was immediately after a takeover. It was odd too as they made a bid for a player for 2m (I only had 500k in my budget). I'm playing as Sunderland so the first season is dominated by takeover bids.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It was for the first team and it was immediately after a takeover. It was odd too as they made a bid for a player for 2m (I only had 500k in my budget). I'm playing as Sunderland so the first season is dominated by takeover bids.
Your board might have bought the player for you as part of the takeover. Same thing happened to my friend at Chelsea. they Bought him Ruben Neves which he didn't expect :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Your board might have bought the player for you as part of the takeover. Same thing happened to my friend at Chelsea. they Bought him Ruben Neves which he didn't expect :lol:
Cool! Never seen that before. Lucky him, I was given a shitty Spanish CB.

Coxy

Tempted to buy this. This is perfect for WFH - can get a game going and then back to my work. Wish they were doing a sale though. Playing the trial still (got 5 days left) but no access to the database so I'm going to have to start again (I always lower the injury proneness).

Njord

Just finished the 20/21 season with United, where I only conceced 9 goals in the PL. Had no idea it was that low before I saw De Gea getting the Golden Gloves, with 28 clean sheets (Henderson had 2).

diarm

I'm playing an online game with a mate at the moment. He's a Newcastle fan so I picked Palace as they seemed to be the closest in terms of budget and reputation etc.

Turns out they're a fecking nightmare! Your wage bill is all taken up by mediocre players who are highly influential in your dressing room and nobody else wants to take off your hands, even for free. And the board aren't willing to play ball in terms of finances at all - they even block transfers in and out for silly reasons.

It's probably making me better at the game though as I've had to spend way more time on tactics and training, to develop what I have rather than just replacing them all!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm playing an online game with a mate at the moment. He's a Newcastle fan so I picked Palace as they seemed to be the closest in terms of budget and reputation etc.

Turns out they're a fecking nightmare! Your wage bill is all taken up by mediocre players who are highly influential in your dressing room and nobody else wants to take off your hands, even for free. And the board aren't willing to play ball in terms of finances at all - they even block transfers in and out for silly reasons.

It's probably making me better at the game though as I've had to spend way more time on tactics and training, to develop what I have rather than just replacing them all!
That’s the problem with Sunderland too. They have players who are on 10k like Lafferty and decent mid 20s players like Wattmore on 15k but I just can’t justify that in League 1. Problem is that nobody wants them and I don’t want to give them a contract so will probably lose them on a free at the end of this season. Oh well. I have 5 games left and I’m 10 points clear. Only lost two games all year.

We have stunk ourselves to the title. Most of my games have been 1-0 wins.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I went and signed Ravel Morrison on 8k a week, 2 year deal. Scored in his first game in the Championship of course. :cool:

sebsheep

Tempted to buy this. This is perfect for WFH - can get a game going and then back to my work. Wish they were doing a sale though. Playing the trial still (got 5 days left) but no access to the database so I'm going to have to start again (I always lower the injury proneness).
It is on cdkeys at around £10-£11 cheaper atm I think.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What sort of personality does he have on FM?
He's okay in terms of conduct so far, doesn't get too many cards and his professionalism has been fine. He doesn't gel with any of the squad though in terms of dynamics which might be a bit of an issue. He either plays amazingly or really poor though, no consistency at all.

I generally play something like this. Actually works way better than I thought. Parrott and Meshino are insanely good. Played 10 now in the Championship and I've won 4, drawn 4 and lost 2. Expected to be tussling for relegation so I'm pleasantly surprised and reckon we will easily stay up. One of the losses was against Watford who are running away with the league already and have a stupid squad for the Champ. Lamela and Sarr running the show on the wings for them.

Despite what I said before with Everton I'm enjoying it now. Been well and truly sucked in. It's been refreshing how difficult it is to find players (Maybe that's only me). I've not been able to scout players as well in other games which has made it more challenging to sign people which is good.