Gaming Football Manager 2024

saik

Just trawled through all the kits when deciding who to play as in lates attempt of the English 9th tier (I said 10th tier earlier by mistake). I'll be looking at it a lot so should pick something that's pleasing to my eye.

Going for Fairfield Town.
I'd also suggest trying a save with FC United of Manchester if you are looking for some challenge. Since its fan owned, there will elections held every 2 years for a new managing director or something which basically means you'll never get a tycoon takeover. :lol:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Rebuild as in sell the whole squad and buy a new one? Doesn't that wreck your team dynamics?

I usually sign all the released Prem youngsters that you get in that email and if you are lucky enough to snap them all up when you are in Vanarama, they are going to easily carry you till championship. Players like Forson, Ethan Williams, Musa, Dudziak, Kacurri, Danns, and few other youngsters I'm forgetting from Chelsea and Tottenham.

Also, I noticed in this year's version there's this thing where players who are too good for that level randomly signing for a club at that level. I was able to sign McAtee who was still lower Prem/championship quality as a Vanarama club as he was released by Sheffield. Same with Patino who was released by Arsenal when he was easily Prem quality and was signed by Bromley or some other Vanarama club. Also, WorktheSpace signing Irogebunam and Scarlett in his YouTube save.
Yes. A bit of both. Loan signings at lower levels are key so most of your first team leave at the end of the season. I might keep a small core but I pretty much start from the ground up at the end of the season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Title went down to the final day but Wigan winning meant our win didn't matter. A penultimate game loss to Northampton cost us in the end, so no trophy but onwards to League One.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Rebuild as in sell the whole squad and buy a new one? Doesn't that wreck your team dynamics?

I usually sign all the released Prem youngsters that you get in that email and if you are lucky enough to snap them all up when you are in Vanarama, they are going to easily carry you till championship. Players like Forson, Ethan Williams, Musa, Dudziak, Kacurri, Danns, and few other youngsters I'm forgetting from Chelsea and Tottenham.

Also, I noticed in this year's version there's this thing where players who are too good for that level randomly signing for a club at that level. I was able to sign McAtee who was still lower Prem/championship quality as a Vanarama club as he was released by Sheffield. Same with Patino who was released by Arsenal when he was easily Prem quality and was signed by Bromley or some other Vanarama club. Also, WorktheSpace signing Irogebunam and Scarlett in his YouTube save.
I thought this too initially, but you are fine after a few months. I think it’s a bit overblown how delicate it is. I take the players that are way too good for the level over team dynamics.

As long as you are winning, they correct themselves pretty sharpish.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought this too initially, but you are fine after a few months. I think it’s a bit overblown how delicate it is. I take the players that are way too good for the level over team dynamics.

As long as you are winning, they correct themselves pretty sharpish.
Yeah the high turnover usually means you start the season terribly but it evens out. I did get stuck in an awful run with terrible morale at one point though which wasn't fun.

Maluco

Title went down to the final day but Wigan winning meant our win didn't matter. A penultimate game loss to Northampton cost us in the end, so no trophy but onwards to League One.

Did you have some sort of affiliate relationship with Newport that has survived you both being in the same division?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Did you have some sort of affiliate relationship with Newport that has survived you both being in the same division?
That's who I was playing on the last day so I think that's why they're highlighted there as the screenshot is from the end of match screen.

Maluco

That's who I was playing on the last day so I think that's why they're highlighted there as the screenshot is from the end of match screen.
Ah ok! Have you looked into getting a senior affiliate? I remember lucking out and getting Arsenal last year and I was able to get two of their players for free on loan every season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ah ok! Have you looked into getting a senior affiliate? I remember lucking out and getting Arsenal last year and I was able to get two of their players for free on loan every season.
Yeah I asked the board and they recommended teams in leagues lower than I was in :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Halifax won the play-offs and are also going straight up after coming from the Vanarama. Can't escape these cnuts.

My new kit deal is worth £1M. The previous was worth £75k :lol:

saik

Halifax won the play-offs and are also going straight up after coming from the Vanarama. Can't escape these cnuts.

My new kit deal is worth £1M. The previous was worth £75k :lol:
That reputation doing wonders. :wenger:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Finished 2nd in the league again. PSG are really strong and hard to get past. I've finished roughly 10 points behind each season but our financial muscle is pitiful compared to them. We did win the French Cup though so that was nice.

Also I got offered the France job randomly so I'm doing a joint venture. They got knocked out of the Euro QF so it's up to me to lead them to back to back WCs. (They won in 2030).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You were right! I didn't realise I wasn't choosing 'senior' affiliate. I got the option of Chelsea, Arsenal, Brentford or Palace. Went with Chelsea as their youth players seemed the best and they also pay me an annual fee of £91k which is nice.

Maluco

Finished 2nd in the league again. PSG are really strong and hard to get past. I've finished roughly 10 points behind each season but our financial muscle is pitiful compared to them. We did win the French Cup though so that was nice.

Also I got offered the France job randomly so I'm doing a joint venture. They got knocked out of the Euro QF so it's up to me to lead them to back to back WCs. (They won in 2030).
This will feel so good when you finally overthrow them. I have flirted with the idea of a Paris FC save to attempt this, but I am wondering if it would be too frustrating. Even on the save I am on now, their young players that come up on the transfer list are insane.

You were right! I didn't realise I wasn't choosing 'senior' affiliate. I got the option of Chelsea, Arsenal, Brentford or Palace. Went with Chelsea as their youth players seemed the best and they also pay me an annual fee of £91k which is nice.
Yes! Chelsea is a great one. You have to be patient because they can be quite picky about which players to let play at that level, but it’s worth it when you do get a couple of great ones and money is tight.

I ended up getting in the loans first, because it might well be two wingers you can get from them, so you can use your wage budget elsewhere.

pascell

This will feel so good when you finally overthrow them. I have flirted with the idea of a Paris FC save to attempt this, but I am wondering if it would be too frustrating. Even on the save I am on now, their young players that come up on the transfer list are insane.
You have to be careful with the team you select with regards to youth as iirc they're brought in based on the region your club is located. Paris FC may get the odd good youngster but PSG will likely take the exceptional level players.

Growing your fanbase being another sticking point.

Maluco

You have to be careful with the team you select with regards to youth as iirc they're brought in based on the region your club is located. Paris FC may get the odd good youngster but PSG will likely take the exceptional level players.

Growing your fanbase being another sticking point.
Yeah, I just liked the stylish kits/badge of Paris FC and thought it would make a good story.

I will maybe have a look down the leagues both in France and in Germany and see what sticks out. Maybe a club in a city without a proper big club is the one to do.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Spend ages scouting multiple countries youth teams, free agents, etc..

Find a hidden gem. Offer contract.

"Team Y has offered this player a contract. We have also offered them a contract"

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The player actually chose me for once. Quite fun the nationalities you find at this level.

My new goalkeeper is Iraqi, my RB is Barbadian and my two CBs are from Mozambique and Indonesia.

Maluco

Back to life at Viz!

After the cup final loss, we had a few shaky performances in the league, but started to build momentum once again.

We were drawn against Spurs in the last 16 of the CL and by the time that came round, we were 7 points ahead in the league table. We also added a few more very promising young players for a pittance (Colombia and Mexico are goldmines)

I decided to go with 3 in midfield in the away leg to have any chance of keeping it tight, and Tottenham absolutely Spursed it. We were 3-0 up after 15 minutes and won the tie 4-0. We ended up losing 1-2 at home, but we were through to the CL quarter finals!

We got a very good 3-0 win over Benfica in the Portuguese Cup semi final first leg and had to navigate that away leg in between our clash with…Liverpool. The worst team you can draw in this game.

We got absolutely smashed at home, 0-2 but we didn’t have a sniff, and although we drew, 1-1 in the away leg, we were out. We have to be proud of that run though, considering we were in the Portuguese Second Division less than 2 years before it.

We continued our good form in the league, and although we lost on the final day to Sporting, we lifted the trophy with only 3 losses and 0 draws all season to finish on 93 points and take the title.

Fortune favored us in the Portuguese Cup, as we drew Boavista in the final. It was a terrible performance, and we went in at the break 0-1 down, but some bottle throwing and a raft of half time changes meant we just did enough with star man Reiner equalizing, before we forced an own goal and saw out the game. 2-1 and it allowed us to complete the set of Portuguese trophies over two seasons.

Reiner finished the season with 21 goals and 20 assists from AMC. Defensive full back Relva made us so solid and rarely had a bad game and a 22 goal season from Delap rounded out our top 3 performers of the season

Only 10 million to spend, which we used to make Veloso permanent, and despite Delap being brilliant for us in the league, the fact that it was Stoke who gave us a 20 million offer, meant he leaves to cover our summer spending.

Sander Berge and Fabio Carvalho seemed like no brainers to fill out the squad on frees and we have launched a 2.9 mil offer for Caleb Okali whose physicals alone make him a great option for this league.

Our strong finish to the season was made even better by the fact that we finished it with our own players, only really using one CB and one winger from our loans.

With the squad signings and the 4-5 young players from abroad we picked up over the course of the season, we should be able to pick out 2-3 of the best loans next season rather than depending on them. Our squad is finally standing on its own!

Maluco

The player actually chose me for once. Quite fun the nationalities you find at this level.

My new goalkeeper is Iraqi, my RB is Barbadian and my two CBs are from Mozambique and Indonesia.
I don’t think I have been chosen once in this save. In fact, I have had players resign with their own clubs to avoid playing for me!!

Dan_F

Yeah I will do that if it keeps up. You basically cannot grow organically without the editor. Our stadium is still a rented 6k place but I'm refusing to edit any of that as getting the board to build a stadium of our own eventually will be really satisfying I think and I don't want to just create one for myself.
Not sure why I refused to do this previously. Must have been FM19 where about seven years in, I took a Slovenian Club to a Champions League semi and it was infuriating that I had about £150 million in the bank and couldn’t grow the club.

My top players were on £5k a week and I was competing with Man City. I was winning 1-0 up to 70 minutes and they broke my heart. Should have just done it and it still would have been less cheating than what city have done in real life.

Santos J

Yeah, I just liked the stylish kits/badge of Paris FC and thought it would make a good story.

I will maybe have a look down the leagues both in France and in Germany and see what sticks out. Maybe a club in a city without a proper big club is the one to do.
Just started at Sochaux who are a decent shout for this, record for most seasons in Ligue 1 but now 3rd tier after being administratively relegated last season because of shite owners, a great youth system with some already great youngsters in.

Maluco

Just started at Sochaux who are a decent shout for this, record for most seasons in Ligue 1 but now 3rd tier after being administratively relegated last season because of shite owners, a great youth system with some already great youngsters in.
Funny you should say this, I just googled the third division after I posted that, and then and Le Mans jumped out at me.

That might be the next save after this one!

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Managing Dulwich Hamlet at the moment (used the editor to put them in the National League South). Picked up Sam Curtis on a free from St. Patrick's Athletic in my first season as the Irish league ends in November. Just sold him 18 months later for 8.5m. Happy days!

Chipper

Adulterer.
Halfway through the first season with that Fairford Town (called them Fairfield the other day they're that obscure) :lol:.

Unbeaten in the league but just lost my best central by far who was on one of those non-contract deals. Luckily not got got many players on that sort of contract as every new signing I made I was able to lock down on £20-£30 a week 1 year part time contracts.

Just two Central defenders left now. One mediocre one plus a youth team player who I've used on occasion.

This is more fun than the attempt with Bury. Got nowhere near the standard of player I could attract with them but still unbeaten! Wins are much closer, drawn a few more and only top by 6 points.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Wahey! I'm not sure what it means by plans finalised by then. Does that mean they won't even start building it until 2032?

If that's the finish date then if we get two straight promotions we'll be in the Prem by then but I doubt it after my League One start. Would be a Kenilworth Road type thing if we did though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Wahey! I'm not sure what it means by plans finalised by then. Does that mean they won't even start building it until 2032?

If that's the finish date then if we get two straight promotions we'll be in the Prem by then but I doubt it after my League One start. Would be a Kenilworth Road type thing if we did though.
Thnk so. Then you might need to wait another year for it to be built.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bittersweet end to the 4th season with Havre. Won the title at last by about 10 points. PSG were wank in the league.

I managed to get to the final of the French Cup, CL and Club World Cup.

Lost all of them. :lol:

Think it is time to move on. Applied for some big clubs (Bayern, Milan and City). Bayern rejected me and went with the City manager so waiting on their response.

I did win one cup this year though. The Nations League with France.

Maluco

Managing Dulwich Hamlet at the moment (used the editor to put them in the National League South). Picked up Sam Curtis on a free from St. Patrick's Athletic in my first season as the Irish league ends in November. Just sold him 18 months later for 8.5m. Happy days!
Thats a crazy signing! I got him in a free in my game too and he was playing in the CL for me with no issue. I will have to remember him for future saves!

Maluco

Bittersweet end to the 4th season with Havre. Won the title at last by about 10 points. PSG were wank in the league.

I managed to get to the final of the French Cup, CL and Club World Cup.

Lost all of them. :lol:

Think it is time to move on. Applied for some big clubs (Bayern, Milan and City). Bayern rejected me and went with the City manager so waiting on their response.

I did win one cup this year though. The Nations League with France.
CL final with Havre is amazing though, what a run! I think there is another season in that for you.

I would be tempted to add a couple of top, top players and go for it one final time.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
CL final with Havre is amazing though, what a run! I think there is another season in that for you.

I would be tempted to add a couple of top, top players and go for it one final time.
TBF I was only aiming to win the league before I moved on. Just want to do a save where I win every top league! CL is a bonus.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Hellenic Football League Premier Division champions!

Extended contracts for my 6 best players, the rest of the squad can go.

It's handy there's no transfer deadline down here, clubs bidding for my players I want rid of after the end of the season saves me paying them in June. They're all on £20-£30 a week but every penny counts.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hellenic Football League Premier Division champions!

Extended contracts for my 6 best players, the rest of the squad can go.

It's handy there's no transfer deadline down here, clubs bidding for my players after the end of the season saves me paying them in June. They're all on £20-£30 a week but every penny counts.
Surprised you're getting bids. I've sold like 3 players still and one was my back-up GK for a club record fee of £98k :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Feels like the game creates AI comebacks for the sake of it. To make it dramatic. 3 - 0 up absolutely dominating Cambridge and they get two penalties followed by a last minute goal when they created zero for the entire game. Not the first time this has happened either.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Surprised you're getting bids. I've sold like 3 players still and one was my back-up GK for a club record fee of £98k :lol:
They're for £0 :lol:

There's absolutely no money down here as I'm sure you'll know!