France's Presidential elections April 2022

Pintu

Saw this now.

"Macron, ostensibly in the position of having to defend a "record", is turning the tables, using Le Pen's and RN's votes as his opponent's own "record". Their no vote on energy price cap, their no vote on Russian sanction, their no vote on covid stimulus. "

Redfrog

To vote Lepen you really have to be brainless. That’s what hate do, it makes you brainless. Macron is really disliked, that’s why Lepen is so high. But even if I don’t like him, Le Pen is the absolute worse that can happen to my country

Redfrog

She's currently saying it's an outrage that people should have to wait until 65 to retire
Well, people don’t want to work until 65 in France. There was a big protest before covid when Macron wanted to change the system.
But she would say anything to gain so votes anyway…

Pintu

Surprised the moderators aren’t counter questioning
It is not their job. This is not an interview. It is a debate between the 2 candidates. They are there to make sure all subjects get discussed and time is respected.

Pintu

This. Who the f*** is this guy? Willingly and consciously voting for an awful candidate.

"Let's agree: I don't like @EmmanuelMacron and I will vote for @MLP_officiel but she sucks! And honestly in debate she lets herself be dominated! It's awful! "

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Well, people don’t want to work until 65 in France. There was a big protest before covid when Macron wanted to change the system.
But she would say anything to gain so votes anyway…
I was saying it for the benefit of the UK posters who have not known a standard retirement age below 65. My Uk retirement age is 66 years and 4 months and it's going up.

The best part is she never says coherently how she can finance anything.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I was saying it for the benefit of the UK posters who have not known a standard retirement age below 65. My Uk retirement age is 66 years and 4 months and it's going up.

MLP:"I know a bank that can lend us the money."

Redfrog

I know, most countries works until 65. It can seems weird to work so little for other countries…

Since covid nobody cares about financing in France weirdly. The debt was a major subject before it, now nobody cares.

Redfrog

How old are you to know your retirement age ?

RedDevilQuebecois

God, I swear I would punch that silly woman in the face if she stood in front of me. She keeps on spouting the same drivel that drove an asshole into shooting innocents in a mosque in Quebec City.

MoskvaRed

It"s still going on;. Now we're onto immigrants causing the violence per Le Pen
I had tuned out after hearing details-free, “cake and eat it” nonsense from Le Pen regarding France and the EU. She is not as good at blatantly lying as Johnson or Farage. It seems Macron was adjudged to have won the debate and the CAC 40 is up today. Hopefully no repeat of June 2016 on Sunday.

Paul the Wolf

I had tuned out after hearing details-free, “cake and eat it” nonsense from Le Pen regarding France and the EU. She is not as good at blatantly lying as Johnson or Farage. It seems Macron was adjudged to have won the debate and the CAC 40 is up today. Hopefully no repeat of June 2016 on Sunday.
She cannot debate. She has a fixed speech, if you go into details she's lost. With Johnson and Farage, it was obvious they were lying too to any sensible people, but they can get away with it in the UK because there's so little opposition.
PS. What I mean is the debate is now being dissected and analysed by the press, television etc without the biased views of what the British media would do .

There's always a section of the population who will believe any nonsense that these charlatans say.

Macron was very kind to Le Pen because he was advised not to humiliate her , he just responded with little prods which made her look confused and ignorant, which she is.

I know one couldn't really imagine Johnson as the PM of the UK but Le Pen is so far out of her depth it's embarrassing to imagine her as president of France.

Last edited:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Yes but I retired at 60 with a private pension. I should get a state pension from the UK in the summer but it's smaller than in France.
Just out of interest, what is the typical state pension in France, assuming someone is entitled to the full amount at 65?
The UK figure is £141.85 if you reached state pension age before 2016, and £185.15 for after 2016.
My wife and I are unfortunately 2nd class pensioners because we were before 2016.

Paul the Wolf

Just out of interest, what is the typical state pension in France, assuming someone is entitled to the full amount at 65?
The UK figure is £141.85 if you reached state pension age before 2016, and £185.15 for after 2016.
My wife and I are unfortunately 2nd class pensioners because we were before 2016.
French pensions are extremely complicated and I've never got my head around it as I've not contributed enough towards it. Luckily I'd just contributed enough for the UK one.
But there were 42 different regimes depending on your job, salary and other factors, but I saw the average figure last year was €1393 per month.
But I think the minimum is €930 intending to be raised to €1100 per month.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
French pensions are extremely complicated and I've never got my head around it as I've not contributed enough towards it. Luckily I'd just contributed enough for the UK one.
But there were 42 different regimes depending on your job, salary and other factors, but I saw the average figure last year was €1393 per month.
But I think the minimum is €930 intending to be raised to €1100 per month.

Appreciate that. And the figures I mentioned are the basic. Similar to France, the UK state pension system is overly complex. But one thing is certain, you can not live on the basic state pension. And that is even before the cost of living crisis.

Pintu

This was fun.

Interview of RN’s acting president. RN is Marine LePen’s party.

– Do you need to have friends to get a loan?
- Yes.
– When a bank decides whether or not to lend, is it political?
- Sure ! And it..
– So when a Russian bank lends you, it's political too
–of course it—But

Fergies Gum

This is pretty much a done deal. Only question left to answer is whether Macron wins by 10-15% or 15-20%.

SirAF

Ageist

Interview of RN’s acting president. RN is Marine LePen’s party.

– Do you need to have friends to get a loan?
- Yes.
– When a bank decides whether or not to lend, is it political?
- Sure ! And it..
– So when a Russian bank lends you, it's political too
–of course it—But
:lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The funny thing about RN/FN and the russian banks is that the reason they haven't been able to get loans from french banks is because they filed for bankruptcy and failed to pay their debts on several occasions which has led to sale of their former HQ nicknamed Le Paquebot. RN are full of it, they are historically a party of incompetents and terrible at managing their own finances.
So they are a bit stuck on that one, if they tell the truth they expose their incompetence and if they make it about politics than they expose the fact that they are rolling with Putin.

Paul the Wolf

The funny thing about RN/FN and the russian banks is that the reason they haven't been able to get loans from french banks is because they filed for bankruptcy and failed to pay their debts on several occasions which has led to sale of their former HQ nicknamed Le Paquebot. RN are full of it, they are historically a party of incompetents and terrible at managing their own finances.
So they are a bit stuck on that one, if they tell the truth they expose their incompetence and if they make it about politics than they expose the fact that they are rolling with Putin.
Imagine them in charge of France's finances with Poutine telling them what to do.

Pintu

So when do we get some first signs of a result? Exit polls?
French media can’t publish anything before 20:00… But we will get some exit polls leaked by Belgian outlets in about 3 to 4 hours from now. At around 17:30 (CET).