5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_irish123

He comes from a very organized team offensively to a team where players are told to improvise.. I don't really blame him.

NinjaFletch

Can't pretend like I saw a lot of him before we signed him, but that performance was like every single one I did see. Erratic, inconsistent, and rash. There's a player in there, I think, but he's far from the finished article.

el3mel

Reality check.

Crap everywhere on the pitch today. He still has a long time to adjust to the EPL.

RK

Honestly thought he was one of our better players today - at least looking move the ball quickly and pass it forward (with realistic passes).
Hard to analyse in the context of that game though.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Quite bad and thats me being polite. Fellaini should have started.

AndyJ1985

It's difficult to judge most of our players because our manager & coaching staff aren't fit for purpose.

forevrared

He’s the least of our worries right now. New league, new country, an injury which shortened his first pre-season with the club, etc.

He was always going to take a while to bed in. As high as our hopes for Pereira are, he was obviously bought to play with Matic. We raved about him after Leicester, so there’s no reason that he of all people should be the target of abuse after today.

marktan

I like him. He has the attributes to see there's a very good player in there.

Can't blame him too much when passing to Mata, Lingard and Rashford means the ball will either be lost or come straight back to him.

the_irish123

Nobody can talk about individual performances.

Even small clubs have a more structured offense than us. Wolves, Everton, Watford etc.

Ban

Did you see Keita last weekend? He’s also new to the PL and was very good. Obviously early days though, just first impressions.
Keira wouldn't be the 1sr player to look good and then disappear and vice versa Fred wouldn't be the 1st player to look bad than shine. It's silly to judge a player after 2 games.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Keira wouldn't be the 1sr player to look good and then disappear and vice versa Fred wouldn't be the 1st player to look bad than shine. It's silly to judge a player after 2 games.
I think it’s unfair to judge any player in this shambles of a (non) system. That was more my point.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a new signing and all but was down there with the worst on the pitch today IMO.

KranjskaKlobasa

The mental aspect of his game is worrying me - falling down to easily, rolling on the pitch (fortunately Lindelof picked him up) in the overtime when we were behind...

Irrational.

His touch is very poor, and he doesn't respond well to being closed down. Very disappointing today, but he deserves time - unlike some of the other "superstars" in our team.

Hitchez

Was quite lucky that Bailly was on the same pitch to distract people from his own shit show.

Coops73

Not great, my brother was giving him pelters but it’s 2 games in, I’ll keep my powder dry on him for now.

Devil may care

Too early to say much, he's a bit of a Jack of all trades CM so when no one is getting on the ball and running the midfield he'll look less effective.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
He looked like a someone who was trying to play football after watching a few videos on YouTube. All of his attempts to win the ball reminded me of someone new at football; running at players extending a leg hoping he will intercept. It was shambles. I'm hoping he'd get better once he gets accustomed to the football in England.

Alabaster Codify7

2 games in, my opinion is exactly the same as after the first game:

He's a clogger. A pretty expensive clogger.

His best attributes are his engine (seems awesome) and his tenacity (needs reigning in a little). He's a tidy enough passer, but not game-changing good. More of a midfielder to keep things ticking over and hassle the opposition.

We've basically signed Herrera's replacement - he's probably advised us he's leaving in the summer.

Kag

I prefer Fred so far for the primary reason that he isn't a coward. Herrera is always safety first since Van Gaal got hold of him. He could have been a much better player.
If Fred can put in the sort of performances Herrera has in big matches I'd be very surprised. Herrera is sometimes guilty of turning back, but he can spot a through ball to an overlapping full back (Valencia) better than most.

I'm unsure of Fred. I don't really see what he's going to do that is better than what we already have. But then I genuinely rate Herrera and think he'd be a brilliant in a high tempo, attacking team. Just my opinion, of course.

Fer

Who do you prefer between Fred and Pereira to play next to Matic-Pogba?

Canagel

Nobody can talk about individual performances.

Even small clubs have a more structured offense than us. Wolves, Everton, Watford etc.
This. If Man City wanted him he must be quite good. We'll have to be patient but then again who performs in this team? Everyone we sign is made to look poor by our tactics and style.

izec

He got praised too much last game, he was average. Shit today. Needs time, i see hope, not like Lindelöf

Treble

Will need time to settle and make a positive impact. Hopefully Herrera and Matic will be ready for Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.