Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Glad for him. At least y'all know what he can bring now...

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I liked how He stood up against PSG players when They tried to annoy Rashford.
He looked at home playing in CL more than in PL. Very rare case.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Out best player tonight imo.

Fred was the only midfielder today who had the nerves to keep the ball for himself when needed. Inteligent passing for 90 minutes and never stopped working for the team. He is a player who can beat a man one on one, he is nifty in those tight spaces.

Still think he can do better! Once he get more minutes under his belt his confidence will be better and we can maybe get a glimpse of his real potential. Against a lesser side than PSG he can get the chances to really get into the box and maybe get some shots from outside the box. The comments made by Ole after the game should encourage him, hope Ole plays him from start against Arsenal.

OT:
McTominay is a good player when you have to defend. Great positional awernes and he is really good blocking passing lanes. Sadly he offers very little going forward, but perhaps Carrick can help him to develop his playmaking skills.

Reactions: KM

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was especially quality in the last 30 minutes. Kept possession well and got out of trouble so many times and just played really well. So happy for him. We have midfield depth!

predator

Youth NITK
Very good. His capability of using both feet under pressure is a good as anyone in our squad if you ask me. He's also so agile and strong. I want to see him scoring goals because I've seen that he can before but I hope Ole finds a place for him

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
My MOM tonight, Shaw a close second, but the whole team worked their socks off. Not sure what the problem with Baillie was, just didn't seem switched on at all.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I liked how He stood up against PSG players when They tried to annoy Rashford.
He looked at home playing in CL more than in PL. Very rare case.
Was the same with Veron, different class in Europe.

Wasn't he complete dogshit and a championship player only two weeks ago?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Was the same with Veron, different class in Europe.

Wasn't he complete dogshit and a championship player only two weeks ago?
He was under performing but today He was good. Also tried to calm Rashford down just before the penalty kick and got a lot more involved, looked very different.

Maybe He just needs more time to adapt in PL. I'd give him one more season before judging him. Lindelof also started slowly for us.

Ekeke

He was under performing but today He was good. Also tried to calm Rashford down just before the penalty kick and got a lot more involved, looked very different.

Maybe He just needs more time to adapt in PL. I'd give him one more season before judging him. Lindelof also started slowly for us.
Also helps that he was playing in a midfield duo both holding, like he did at his previous club. I'd like to see him and Ander play it together at some point

Djemba-Djemba

Very very encouraging.

Hopefully it settles him down and boosts his confidence, he was very good tonight.

Loved him telling the PSG to feck off when they were trying to put Rashford off.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I noticed a player pushing PSG players away from Rashford before the penalty. Turns out it was Fred, brilliant performance and excellent camaraderie given he hasn't been involved much.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
OGS called it in his post-match. Saying Fred was more suited to the CL games. Worked really hard tonight. Feel happy for him.

Brightonian

I mean he's by no means played himself into the first choice midfield - McTominay was even better and we won't expect him to start when everyone's fit - but he's 100% arrived at this club. Let's see him use this performance as a foundation to build on.

roseguy64

Only just noticed it watching the replay of the pen incident in full, but there's a bit after the penalty area has been cleared out and Rashford is getting ready to take the kick - Bernat sneaks in trying to get in his face and Fred sprints over from the other side and fecks him off before he can even get there. I can't embed, but it's at 3:25 here.

Top looking out :devil:

PepsiCola

After tonight I really REALLY want the lad to settle in the PL.

Great showing

TheNextNo7

I thought he was a mistake waiting to happen tonight judging on his passing against Palace, but his decision making with passes out from the back was excellent and he was in the right place at the right time countless times for key interceptions, glad he proved me wrong and seized his opportunity with both hands, hope it continues

ash_86

Was brilliant today. Circulated the ball very well and played maturely.

Peter Brewer

Fred has shown fantastic progress last month. 3-4 matches ago really unsecure, defensive passes, improving fast last two matches with game time. Now against PSG, he really shone. So glad for him. He brought big value to the team. he WILL score in the CL for us soon. It is the next natural step. It's written in the stars.

An Irish Red

His talent has always been obvious, it's just his consistency, and his concentration, that's been his issues so far.

He definitely has what it takes technically though, and his tenacity suits the team down to the ground. He's similar to Herrera in that regard.

Josh 76

How football changes so quickly.
I posted after we beat Fulham and said, "our midfield back up is shocking. Mctomminy, Fred and Perrira. What a joke' :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good performance. Like Ole said maybe this is the game that will start his ManUtd career.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Wow. What a performance when we needed it most.

Combative off the ball, calm and composed with it. Well done Fredge, we need more of the same!

dogwithabone

He was excellent. Tackles, interceptions and I thought he used the ball really well and was a calming influence. Mature performance. Great stuff !

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’ve never doubted his ability he’s a very capable player and this performance will give him a huge confidence boost. MOTM for me.

steakpie

Best player on the pitch 2nd half, he has a very very good football brain.

sp_107

Not surprised by this. He's been good in the CL for a few years now. Looks to me as if he's a player that has been shocked by the pace and physicality of the PL.
Hopefully he won't turn out to be another Veron but adapt premiere league too

Peter Brewer

He was excellent. Tackles, interceptions and I thought he used the ball really well and was a calming influence. Mature performance. Great stuff !
Exactly. Clever passess, made up for Pogba missing. One of few who didn't overlook Shaw on a run on the left.
One of the side effects of not having the injured stars on the pitch this night, was the incredible selfless organic team performance. It wasn't much possession alltogether, but when we attacked, there wasn't many egoistical incidents that lead to missing a good pass/goal opportunity.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Funny how he has been shit for us in every game until second half yesterday. He really stepped up when we needed him to :drool:. Crazy transition really, he went from looking like one of our worst players in recent time to playing like he does on his youtube clips from Shakhtar.

Nick7

Looked very good last night. Hopefully he looks to Lindelof's progression since last season and keeps this up.

OldTrevil

Pogba, Herrera and a reborn Fred in the middle. Man I'm looking forward to these three firing on all cylinders. It's going to be breathtaking.
Exactly, that trio on paper is our best midfield. Let's hope we see it soon.

Andrew~

Can we all just agree to stop writing players off after half a season transitioning for a foreign league?

Status
Not open for further replies.