5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

Very good performance. Some nice through-balls that Rashford and Lukaku should have done better with. Disappointing free-kick into the wall. I think his other shots were blocked. Won possession a few times.

Cliche Guevara

I like him and can’t understand why so many people wrote him off too quickly.

Just give him games now, he’s not going to get more consistent otherwise.

Phil Osophy

I hope he keeps starting games. It's not like Matic guarantees nothing anyway, so let's see in the coming weeks if there's a player here. Today he was very fine.

Devil may care

People are getting gassed off McTominay's performance and he did play well, but I thought Fred was our MOTM, there were a couple of times where he got carried away on the ball but overall he used it well and his tracking of runs and ability to nick the ball of Barca's players allowed us to have some good periods in the game where we built a bit of momentum.

m1tch

Did very well tonight, let's hope he goes from strength to strength now.

tomaldinho1

Was excellent, who would have thought the McT - Fred midfield base would become 1st choice

Yagami

Good post resistant
Only Alba, Rakitic, Busquets and Messi made more passes than him.

That's pretty impressive considering we only had 33% possession. He made 74 then the 2nd most passes from our end was Young with 45 then Pogba with 41.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Did well in the second half. Loved it when he won the ball back in their half a few times after we lost it. Kept the pressure on and it means they're awkwardly positioned in a transition to attack which could be threatening if we do it regularly. Need more of that.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I like him and can’t understand why so many people wrote him off too quickly.

Just give him games now, he’s not going to get more consistent otherwise.
Because he made so many mistakes. I like him and think he could be a player given opportunity, but he joined us as a bag of nerves, and that was only exasperated when he gave a few unconvincing performances. I agree though, he needs game time. With Matic shot and Herreras future in turmoil, there’s no time like the present.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Like I’ve always said, he just needed time to settle. He’s clearly a good player that just needed to stop being anxious with nerves.

Every performance recently has been positive, and I think our first choice midfield is now Fred pogba mctominay.

We just need to get the front boys firing.

PaulScholes99

There is a top player in him. Has to be more concentrated to avoid the easy errors like against wolves or often the easy passes he fails to succeed, but there is clearly a very good player in him. I hope so much that he will begin to shine now, maybe he can be our Fernandinho from next year on (imo most important City player, now i can understand why Guardiola wanted him - as backup for Fernandinho + replacement in 1-2 years)

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Beauty of through ball into Rashford who wasn't alive to it and miscontrolled.

Was very good bar one sloppy moment. Just needs to cut out those moments and there's a player in there.

Walters_19_MuFc

One of his biggest assets at Shakhtar was his ability to play the ball through the lines. We saw a bit of that today and you could see he grew into the game.

Really happy with his performance tonight, both on and off the ball.

Would like to see him as the deepest midfield on more occasions.

Paul_Scholes18

One of his biggest assets at Shakhtar was his ability to play the ball through the lines. We saw a bit of that today and you could see he grew into the game.

Really happy with his performance tonight, both on and off the ball.
Yeah I can understand why Mourinho might not like the risks he takes. Although for Ole he seem like a player suited for the way we play. So strange why he didn't play for so long.

deadrevelz

Played really well. Only concern for me is that his best performances have come in Europe. In the PL the pace and physicality looks more of an issue. Hopefully he adapts.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Played really well. Only concern for me is that his best performances have come in Europe. In the PL the pace and physicality looks more of an issue. Hopefully he adapts.
He played Exactly the same against arsenal and wolves tbh. People were just blinded by the mistake he had. Tonight he didn’t put a foot wrong and suddenly he’s great again! That’s the caf for you though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Big positive from tonight along with Mctominay, we might only need the one midfielder in the summer.
Still need 2 who are capable of starting and being key midfielders for the next few years. You want one top squad option who will compete with the starters anyway and provide rotation. Pogba, 1 holding mid, 1 quality on the ball top midfielder, Fred, Matic and McTominay are basically our midfield options next season if we sign 2 like we need to. That's a good blend and would be light if we only signed one.

deadrevelz

He played Exactly the same against arsenal and wolves tbh. People were just blinded by the mistake he had. Tonight he didn’t put a foot wrong and suddenly he’s great again! That’s the caf for you though.
I thought he had good offensive moments in those games but he lost the ball more iirc. Still not totally sure what role he is going to play long term. But happy to see him back in the team playing well after the absence this season.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Thought he played really well tonight. He has a Veron-like knack of playing well in Europe but below par in the league.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Thought he was brilliant tonight.

Really like the look of this midfield with McTerminator, Fred and Pogba.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Defining game from him. This is the sort of reference game he can look back on to see how he can succeed in this team.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I hate to be opportunistic but this game might have gotten us a great price for him in the summer. Even better if he can improve in the league and play like this consistently for us without giving away goals every other game.

Canagel

Defining game from him. This is the sort of reference game he can look back on to see how he can succeed in this team.
He already played well in Paris and had other good games dictating our football but it's only now that he's getting some more attention. Theres still even more to come next season when he settls fully and gets sustained games.

the_irish123

Fitting that the other Fred, the legendary #9 for Brazil, scored a hat trick tonight in Copa Libertadores.

RooneyLegend

Great performance, easily man of the match. His defensive work was top notch, great to see him finally finding his feet here.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Only Alba, Rakitic, Busquets and Messi made more passes than him.

That's pretty impressive considering we only had 33% possession. He made 74 then the 2nd most passes from our end was Young with 45 then Pogba with 41.
We had 38% possession which isn't abnormal against Barca. Fred played well, was our best player along with McTominay.

Dion

He already played well in Paris and had other good games dictating our football but it's only now that he's getting some more attention. Theres still even more to come next season when he settls fully and gets sustained games.
I think this game was important because it wasn't purely defensive. He got forward a lot too.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He played well didn't he! Good to see especially with the news of Herrera leaving.
Along with McTominay, hopefully they can kick on next season and be good squad options in the midfield.
He might as well be played for most of the matches now until the end of the season.

Negan

Well, you guys must have been watching a different game to me. He lost the ball a load of times and misplaced passes. If that’s a good game, fair enough. I’m used to watching world class midfielders at United. I guess this is now the standard...

Dion

Well, you guys must have been watching a different game to me. He lost the ball a load of times and misplaced passes. If that’s a good game, fair enough. I’m used to watching world class midfielders at United. I guess this is now the standard...
He has 87% pass accuracy and by far the most passes in the team. He gave the ball away 9 times, that's less than McTominay did despite making a third more passes.

redasian

Even Scholes used to lose the ball and misplace passes, and he's my favourite. I don't think anyone is saying Fred is world class, but he just played a very good 90. Give him some credit.

Negan

Even Scholes used to lose the ball and misplace passes, and he's my favourite. I don't think anyone is saying Fred is world class, but he just played a very good 90. Give him some credit.
We lost. We had 0 shots on target. The entire game was Ashley Young attempting to play football.

Excuse me if I’m not feeling generous with the compliments tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.