5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welbeckham

People have short memories if they don’t think Herrera is capable of similar performance. None of our midfielders have been consistently good this season. But Fred did well, first time he looked good enough.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I think even if he makes a mistake in the PL games just keep playing him. We need to get him ready for next season.

AJ10

Played really well just like that wolves games before the screw up.

Maybe we have a decent player on our hands.

Prodigy24

Been decent in these last few games he's played, that mistake at Wolves was unfortunate. Was very good tonight. Should start together with Pogba and McTominay from now on. Send Herrera to the reserves and put Matic on the bench.

Ashley R1+O

Confident performance and definitely his best this season, better than what we've seen. Still don't really like him at the base of midfield.

Fosu-Mens

His passing was fine, a cool head too in possesion.
If you study his passing, you might discover that he is not consistent in his passing. Simple passes are often to hard, on the wrong foot etc. I like him when he is pressing though. Knows how to cover space, even though he sometimes makes mistakes regarding when to press and when to fall back.

Cloud7

Looked good tonight. Considering Herrera has been struggling for form, perhaps it’s time to give him a run in the league? Wouldn’t mind seeing Fred and McT rather than Matic and Herrera.

GledTheRed

If you study his passing, you might discover that he is not consistent in his passing. Simple passes are often to hard, on the wrong foot etc. I like him when he is pressing though. Knows how to cover space, even though he sometimes makes mistakes regarding when to press and when to fall back.
No player plays a perfect game, Fred was fine tonight some of his passes were excellent.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Poor in the first half, great in the second... Where he played more on the front foot, won us the ball back and was far more decisive on the ball... Basically everything he wasn't in the first half

el3mel

He's improving currently. Good to see. Should keep playing ahead of Herrera who we don't know his future yet.

Web of Bissaka

Fine game again.

Like the look of the McT-Fred partnership.
Could it be it's McT all along that compliments his midfield partner?
We got McTominic and we know how good that is, and now McFred. :lol:
Wouldn't surprise me at all if McT would help make Pogba (if they play a more holding role together) or even Herrera cooler, sadly he wasn't given the chances yet.

When he play sole CDM and LCM/LDM, his performances is a lot more stable than him playing on the righter side of midfield.
Ole should stick with that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant today and brilliant in possession and on the ball which to me is the most important thing. Players can have excellent games individually without really so much being super encouraging for the long term Hope's of that team (in terms of it still being visible they arent good enough to play a certain way, as we often saw with Fellaini). Fred was brilliant on the ball, under pressure, with his passing and defensively very good as well. Hope he keeps it up and pushes on as it's exactly the type of player we've been missing. Someone to really control on the ball. We're missing a few of those actually but Fred is a good start instead of thinking we need more.

mu4c_20le

For some reason he rushes his passes in the league, still needs to get used to the pace of it but he can ping a long ball. Reminds me so much of first season Anderson but also two footed, and a good engine.

MetoTTT

Like I said it many times this season, let's play him, be patient and he'll do it here. Great game! Glad for the lad! Keep it up, Fred!

matt23

Impressive today, both him and Scott were everywhere they needed to be. More please.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Great performance. Shat on Pogba in comparison. Without Fred in this game, there to run for two and we played with Pogba we would have been smashed 5-0. Pogba bottom level is worse than Fred, and Fred top level proved to be closer to Pogba best than the reverse. McTominaytor the same.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He did really well tonight, really happy with that performance. He looks really good as the deepest midfielder, did he play there for Shaktar?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Maybe he’s more suited to the continental game rather than the Premier League where most teams employ a pressing / harrying tactic and he gets less time and space on the ball.

Rajma

Maybe he’s more suited to the continental game rather than the Premier League where most teams employ a pressing / harrying tactic and he gets less time and space on the ball.
Barca was pressing us like no other PL team what are you on about? Same against PSG.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can't say I agree with those saying he performs differently/better in Europe. I thought he was just as good - if not better - against Arsenal.

I've said for ages there's a player in there and hopefully we're beginning to see it with him finally getting a run in the team.

redom

We need to be getting this level of performance from him 7 or 8 times out of 10. He was good tonight but consistency is what we need from him now, especially if Herrera is taking a bit of a back seat.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is that missing link( as Jose said). You have dmc who destroys and plays simple, you have amc who is playmaker and you must have all round player like Fred. He is not top class in anything but he is good in everything. All round midfielder who is good on the ball but can play defence. I like what i see and as much i love Herrera's spirit, Fred is better on the ball and should play instead of him as 3rd midfielder.

NinjaFletch

Good performance, if we're getting rid of Herrera ( :( ) I'm not certain I trust him enough not to do utterly braindead things to play regularly at the base of that midfield (even today he played an absolute hospital pass which lead (I think) to the Suarez chance) but I'd certainly like to see us experiment with it because that's finally something to build on.

Ekeke

He is that missing link( as Jose said). You have dmc who destroys and plays simple, you have amc who is playmaker and you must have all round player like Fred. He is not top class in anything but he is good in everything. All round midfielder who is good on the ball but can play defence. I like what i see and as much i love Herrera's spirit, Fred is better on the ball and should play instead of him as 3rd midfielder.
He didnt play Ander's role. McTominay did - only much further forward than Ander normally does.

He played Matic's role but with less help than Matic normally gets.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
As I stated many many many times before, I m baffled to why our managers and some of our fans don’t rate him. His work ethic was phenomenal. He was an elite destroyer today. His best performance in a United shirt and I m sure there will be plenty more with a competent manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.