6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The timing actually makes sense, in that he would have hoped to be with the Brazil squad this summer, hence arranging a wedding after the tournament has finished - and if he had been selected, he would have time off, like Sanchez.

But WTF - he also got married last year!!! This just got interesting...
He's not going to get married every year is he?

El Jefe

If it is true that he's missing the trip to wed the same woman he did last year that's disgraceful from Fred and the club. Imagine any player telling SAF that, they would have to get married in Perth or it would be their last game for the club.

SAF was a very compassionate man but this reeks of irresponsibility and pisstaking from Fred if it is true.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't be getting married again?
Is polygamy allowed in Brazil?

haram

Waste of fecking time “marrying” the same bird two years running.

Nick7

Is he actually getting married or are we all just believing Luckhurst?

Wheato

So he has been given time off to renew his vows with the same woman that he married last year. And the reason why he didn't do it in May or June is because he thought he would be playing for Brazil in the Copa America. Surely when he found out he wasn't in the squad, he could have just re-married her in June. Seems a bit daft. Especially when he is trying to stake a claim to a spot in our midfield.

Johan07

How people are taking Luckhurst´s word for this and then getting pissed off about it is either annoying or entertaining. I haven´t decided yet.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I really do not see the point of sniffing around players like Longstaff or Lemina instead of trying to use this guy in a proper way. I remember watching him a few times for Shakhtar. Good ball winner and workhorse doing the dirty work.
Also pretty good shielding the ball and can play quick passes.
Surely not the most gifted and creative midfielder ever but right now I would trust him more than most names thrown around.
He is the kind of midfielder a great manager could transform into a key player.

RedorDead21

I really do not see the point of sniffing around players like Longstaff or Lemina instead of trying to use this guy in a proper way. I remember watching him a few times for Shakhtar. Good ball winner and workhorse doing the dirty work.
Also pretty good shielding the ball and can play quick passes.
Surely not the most gifted and creative midfielder ever but right now I would trust him more than most names thrown around.
He is the kind of midfielder a great manager could transform into a key player.
Well yeah if 50m is what they want for Longstaff I think we'll look elsewhere. Fred needs to step up can't always blame our admittedly sketchy improvement of players. Diff managers will be wanting different things from him. He's playing in a struggling team. He's not the only player struggling. I'm willing to give Ole and everyone a full season, ideally would have included preseason but you can't expect the world from our club in it's current dysfunctional form.

BigBebe

Does anyone know if he has turned up on the tour yet?

Of all or our squad, he was the one in most need of a solid pre-season imo.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
So he planned the wedding so as to not miss the Copas (which he did not play in) but thought United pre-season was good sport? I hope it's not some other personal reason but this is just taking the piss really.

Is he interested in making a name at United? he absolutely needs a good pre-season!

DoomSlayer

Basically Fred got married in a modest way last summer but I guess planned some grandeur wedding for this one without even thinking about his career at United.

No sympathy from me considering that he was arguably the biggest flop from the whole PL. I'd rather give Gomes and Garner a chance, hopefully we get Fernandes too and we'd be alright without this guy.

Based Adnan

After the season he's just had you'd have hoped he'd be looking to impress as much as possible. Instead he assumed he'd be a part of the Brazil squad and they'd make the final. Didn't bother rescheduling or cancelling after finding out he wasn't in the squad and has now missed valuable pre season time.

You'd think with his performances and the amount he gets paid you'd get a bit more commitment. This combined with his performances last season means he should be moving on in my opinion.

ArjenIsM3

So what he got married during pre season. Had he done it earlier it would have interfered with the Copa. Later and it would have been during the regular season.

DoomSlayer

So what he got married during pre season. Had he done it earlier it would have interfered with the Copa. Later and it would have been during the regular season.
What Copa? Fred wasn't in the Brazil squad and basically had a very long vacation this summer, but still decided to extend it. Total waste of space.

ArjenIsM3

What Copa? Fred wasn't in the Brazil squad and basically had a very long vacation this summer, but still decided to extend it. Total waste of space.
Yeah but he probably didn't know that for certain when they planned it and a lot of their guests might have been attending. You realize a wedding takes ages to plan plus the club signed off on it?

DoomSlayer

Yeah but he probably didn't know that for certain when they planned it and a lot of their guests might have been attending. You realize a wedding takes ages to plan plus the club signed off on it?
I honestly don't care about his wedding mate. Our club makes him a millionaire, paid a crap ton of money to get him anyway, he was probably the worst flop in the league last season and yet 2 weeks into the pre-season, he is nowhere to be seen.

Plus they married last summer too. This wedding is just for a show-off, it's insane to use it as an excuse.

Snafu17

Seems like a bit of weird reason to skip a part of preseason, especially after the really underwhelming first season he had. Surely it's at least a bit unprofessional.

haram

He deserves another season. He deserves to be harshly critiqued this season though, personally I reserve total judgement until the second season. It is not easy playing in this United team period.

So he got married AGAIN today. To the same woman he married last year.
Maybe this is a cultural thing, if not, I really don't understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.