6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanrouge

Those of us who saw a footballer in there despite some of his early performances should pat ourselves on the back that we know our football. I never understood why people seemed so determined not to see the potential there, given a decent run in the team. I'm happy for him that he's persevered and shown his quality to the doubters.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Looks every bit Brazilian. Looks every penny worth of 50 million.

Signing has came through.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Turning into quite a player. His levels of energy are phenomenal and he has been running our midfield for months now, regardless of who he's been partnered with. Set price delivery is atrocious and needs to get more consistent with his passing.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His work rate and engine is just awesome, played full game vs Newcastle, 48 hours later played full game vs Burnley. In almost every game he is either first or second in distance covered.

redshaw

Very good again, picking up the loose balls without sliding in and giving away needless fouls.

Gordon S

Very good today! Still room for improvement. Amazed by his engine, would not be surprised if he played 90 vs Arsenal as well.

Red_Aaron

He continues his good form and is starting to stake a real claim for long term selection.

What impressed me most today was his awareness, he loves to play on the half-turn and regularly creates space for himself in tight areas, he also spotted a number of good passes beyond the most obvious one available.

I've been very harsh on him in the past and with hindsight I often think fans are far too quick to write off new transfers. The upheaval of moving to a new country, uprooting your family, swapping trusted teammates with what are essentially strangers. New language, new routines, new playstyle etc then add in the fact Jose is sacked and Ole starts culling all his signings his head must've been all over the place.

I guess the point I'm making is he's now playing with a little confidence for the first time since he joined us and given everything he's been through it was probably harsh to judge him prior to this

DoomSlayer

What a turnaround of his United career. Quickly becoming one of the first names on the team sheet, it's great to see how much better our midfield is looking.

drdoityourself

He's got excellent stamina, and he was quick and expansive in his passing today. Is becoming a very good player.

manunited1919

He is putting in great displays now, he is quite a player with all his energy. I hope one of these shots he is putting up in the bleachers ends in the back of the net, and maybe that will open the flood gates with shooting and goal scoring. After all he is Brazilian.

Welbeckham

If he can keep this up, he has no business appearing in all these biggest flop signings conversations. Not a laughing stock anymore, finally looking like a good player in these last few months. Happy for him.

mu4c_20le

One of the best thing he did in this match was finding open space and making himself an outlet for our defenders to pass to. When we were under pressure in the last ten minutes, he was often left unmarked and did very well transitioning the play into a quick counter.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is looking like a nice little upgrade on Herrera. So good to see that he doesn't play within himself anymore and has cut out those tendencies of losing the ball when pondering with the ball between his feet.

He is really pacy and tenacious. Reminds me a bit of Kanté, or a quicker Herrera. He isn't as good defensively as Kanté but you can't fault his effort. His tackling and screening is quite effective. His engine is not to be questioned either, just like nobody would with Kanté. He is a bit of a sloppy passer so he looks really bad if he has a bad game, but it's a negative trait that doesn't matter much when every pass hits its target. Bossed the midfield against a team that epitomise the toughness of English football, he is now fully acclimatised.

Herrera was really bad at shooting. Took 100 hopeless shots for us, yet he scored a few crackers. This guy just curls them consistently over the bar, or just shoots wildly for no reason. I guess it is good that he tries, but sometimes it might be better to not go for the spectacular when you suck at it. Shouldn't be on free kicks or even corners.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He is looking like a nice little upgrade on Herrera. So good to see that he doesn't play within himself anymore and has cut out those tendencies of losing the ball when pondering with the ball between his feet.

He is really pacy and tenacious. Reminds me a bit of Kanté, or a quicker Herrera. He isn't as good defensively as those guys but you can't fault his effort. His tackling and screening is quite effective. His engine is not to be questioned either, just like nobody would with Kanté. He is a bit of a sloppy passer so he looks really bad if he has a bad game, but it's a negative trait that doesn't matter much when every pass hits its target. Bossed the midfield against a team that epitomise the toughness of English football, he is now fully acclimatised.
The most perfect assessment of Fred

Yagami

Good post resistant
I just wish we could combine him with Matic. He's still good, but if he had Matic's composure, dribbling and press resistance attributes we'd have one hell of a midfielder.

I do think Verona's Sofyan Amrabat could become that type of CM.

The United

He has been great. If he can cut out the habit out touching the ball more than once before passing, he would be even better.

He'sRaldo

Imagine if Pep had got his hands on this guy!

Fantastic game yet again. Yet another MOTM or 2nd MOTM showing.

Andersons Dietician

He was impressive today. Easily hands down man of the match. Feel like Matic gave him a good base to work off of just hanging back and letting Fred do his thing but today his pass selection at times or how he was just orchestrating stuff was excellent.

i really enjoyed that he was pinging early balls out in front of Williams inviting him to make the run. We never do enough of stuff like that. It’s always pedestrian like out to our fullbacks but today Fred was the conductor and he was getting a tune out of everyone.

ghagua

Excellent game again today from Fred. He is showing the player we paid out so much for. Much better than Herrera already without the dirty fouling. Now if we can get a proper playmaking #10, then we're really in business.

mancan92

He's not an upgrade on Herrera he hasn't shown the top level Herrera did. He still loses the ball in poor situations and passing is average. But if he can play consistently like this then he can be a useful player.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He continues his good form and is starting to stake a real claim for long term selection.

What impressed me most today was his awareness, he loves to play on the half-turn and regularly creates space for himself in tight areas, he also spotted a number of good passes beyond the most obvious one available.

I've been very harsh on him in the past and with hindsight I often think fans are far too quick to write off new transfers. The upheaval of moving to a new country, uprooting your family, swapping trusted teammates with what are essentially strangers. New language, new routines, new playstyle etc then add in the fact Jose is sacked and Ole starts culling all his signings his head must've been all over the place.

I guess the point I'm making is he's now playing with a little confidence for the first time since he joined us and given everything he's been through it was probably harsh to judge him prior to this
Good post.

It thinks it symbolises or a metaphor the team itself. Young, new players. Needs time to bed in, get used to the new environment and ideas. Nothing in life is a straight line upwards.

The problem is that fans are quick to judge and worse -- they have proven to be too thick to have learnt from the past eg Vidic, Eva or even Marcus etc.

AR87

He's not an upgrade on Herrera he hasn't shown the top level Herrera did. He still loses the ball in poor situations and passing is average. But if he can play consistently like this then he can be a useful player.
I disagree. I think Fred is held to a much higher standard than Herrera ever was because of his fee and other reasons.

Herrera was also more injury prone and imo his forward passing and dribbling were of a lower standard. I do think Herrera was more clever at keeping possession in deeper areas of the pitch and was a more effective tackler.

Overall I think they're of similar quality, but Fred has a bit more flair.

SAFMUTD

Happy to be proved wrong, never thought he’d turn it around after his start where he looked so useless but he seems a proper player now, hope he keeps improving.

Red_toad

What did they say about him? Never understood writing him off as early as so many others did.
I remember posting that he appeared to range from looking excellent to looking like a pitch invader. I can understand how Nev and co would criticise him. I don’t believe they ever said he won’t make it at United.
It was obvious there was a good player in there, but took a very long time to find it. Early on he was certainly poor with occasional flashes of a very good player and it’s taken him well over a year to show any consistent good play.

Norris

Wonderful game yet again from Fred. Some of his passing was so crisp and perfect, plus the disruption he causes against opposition teams can never be understated. Tremendous performance!

ManRed

Great game, oozed confidence. What a turnaround for him this season especially since Pogba got injured. Most improved player at Manutd?

Only negative is his shooting technique, needs to improve on that massively or stop taking long shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.