5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sellddg

Nobody can change my mind that Fred is a fraud and not an actual professional footballer. He should have been sold by Ten Hag (or even being gifted) instead of Garner.

Djemba-Djemba

I don't particularly rate him anyway but he's been especially awful so far this season.

Should be nowhere near the first 11 if everyone is fit.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s been my favourite player over the last few years of overpaid players not working nearly hard enough and throwing in the towel at the first sign of adversity. While he’s been really poor this season he was out best midfielder, admittedly in a poor midfield, for the last few seasons

Last edited:

Kingofwinners

Sort of an inverse witch hunt with Fred to be honest, he seems to have a core of defenders that make excuses for him no matter how badly he plays. He seems a good guy who wants to give his best every game so nothing against him on a personal level.

Not sure I’d agree he was our best last year, he worked hard but that whole defensive midfield area was often messy and many Fred supporters seem to argue, he played badly because he was out of position but by the way he was our best player….. Maybe but only because the bar was so low it was almost buried.

If we forget sunk costs and accept he is competing for a squad place and imagine you saw him somewhere else and were writing a scouting report on him, what would it look like?

shooting- awful
Passing- sometimes good but many shockers, very hard to play possession game with him involved
Strength in 50 t50s - awful
Defensive play and positioning - awful
Attitude- great
First touch - poor
Physical presence and aerial ability - poor
Future upside potential- none, he won’t improve radically
Dependable- poor he is very erratic

My point is he is clearly not good enough for a regular starting midfield in a club that aspires for top 4 (to be transparent I don’t believe he is good enough for a top half club). He is a poor backup as he is not dependable or versatile- he can’t just slot in to a position and be depended on to give a 6 out of 10 when a better player is not available.
Maybe we should have kept Garner as our reserve midfielder but there is no way Fred is capable of this role, he doesn’t do the steady hold the ship job reliably nor can he be a high impact change the game sub.

Giving him a new contract would be lunacy.

grahamo

The only thing good about him is his attitude. Hes incredibly inept. Very poor close control so He almost always loses the ball when its given to him. Poor passer of the ball. The one thing a DM needs to do is make a good pass. He can't even do that. Watch any game He plays in and count how many times He gives the ball away.How is He still at United?

Stacks

Sort of an inverse witch hunt with Fred to be honest, he seems to have a core of defenders that make excuses for him no matter how badly he plays. He seems a good guy who wants to give his best every game so nothing against him on a personal level.

Not sure I’d agree he was our best last year, he worked hard but that whole defensive midfield area was often messy and many Fred supporters seem to argue, he played badly because he was out of position but by the way he was our best player….. Maybe but only because the bar was so low it was almost buried.

If we forget sunk costs and accept he is competing for a squad place and imagine you saw him somewhere else and were writing a scouting report on him, what would it look like?

shooting- awful
Passing- sometimes good but many shockers, very hard to play possession game with him involved
Strength in 50 t50s - awful
Defensive play and positioning - awful
Attitude- great
First touch - poor
Physical presence and aerial ability - poor
Future upside potential- none, he won’t improve radically
Dependable- poor he is very erratic

My point is he is clearly not good enough for a regular starting midfield in a club that aspires for top 4 (to be transparent I don’t believe he is good enough for a top half club). He is a poor backup as he is not dependable or versatile- he can’t just slot in to a position and be depended on to give a 6 out of 10 when a better player is not available.
Maybe we should have kept Garner as our reserve midfielder but there is no way Fred is capable of this role, he doesn’t do the steady hold the ship job reliably nor can he be a high impact change the game sub.

Giving him a new contract would be lunacy.
Sadly a correct analysis. Maybe he is also too ambitious for his ability also with his passes, long shots and standing over free kicks

Cloud7

Sometimes it's still hard to believe that we signed him.

I wonder what Jose hoped Fred was going to bring to the team? When our scouting team looked at Fred and (presumably) presented their reports on him, what did they report on as his strong points and how was he meant to improve the team?

Kostov

Fred should be out of the door, knowing our inept planning some idiot is writing his new contract as we speak. They guy tries his best but he is and always ahs been out of his depth. In addition we are wasting game time playing him when we would probably get better performance from someone like Iqbal or Savage.

Sellddg

I wonder what Jose hoped Fred was going to bring to the team? When our scouting team looked at Fred and (presumably) presented their reports on him, what did they report on as his strong points and how was he meant to improve the team?
I guess you don't remember the whole story. Mourinho wanted a midfielder. Fred's name was never linked to Man Utd. A few days into the transfer window Man City "showed" interest on signing him for £50m.

In my opinion Mourinho never wanted Fred but that was the decision of the useless board (because if City and especially Guardiola wants a certain player then this player is a top one). City has baited us a handful of times into making awful transfer decisions.

Kostov

I can not believe how a coach of Mourinho pedigree can watch Fred play football and okay the club paying 50m+. If that kind of ineptitude happens in any other line of business we will be talking about financial fraud.

Cloud7

I can not believe how a coach of Mourinho pedigree can watch Fred play football and okay the club paying 50m+. If that kind of ineptitude happens in any other line of business we will be talking about financial fraud.
It is very strange. Mourinho is usually quite good at transfers, even if he doesn't then use them adequately. Pogba, Mkhi, Ibra, Bailly, Matic, Dalot were all really sensible signings that I was on board for. I was never a fan of Lukaku but I could at least see some rationale in thinking he was ready for a step up. Alexis you could see what Jose wanted him to become. The only maybe iffy one was Lindelof but apparently he was highly rated before? However, Fred is a complete outlier there. I simply cannot see what Jose thought Fred was going to bring or become to the team.

Cloud7

I guess you don't remember the whole story. Mourinho wanted a midfielder. Fred's name was never linked to Man Utd. A few days into the transfer window Man City "showed" interest on signing him for £50m.

In my opinion Mourinho never wanted Fred but that was the decision of the useless board (because if City and especially Guardiola wants a certain player then this player is a top one). City has baited us a handful of times into making awful transfer decisions.
I mean, I saw that story but I really didn't want to believe that was the only reason we signed him :lol:

Kostov

It is very strange. Mourinho is usually quite good at transfers, even if he doesn't then use them adequately. Pogba, Mkhi, Ibra, Bailly, Matic, Dalot were all really sensible signings that I was on board for. I was never a fan of Lukaku but I could at least see some rationale in thinking he was ready for a step up. Alexis you could see what Jose wanted him to become. The only maybe iffy one was Lindelof but apparently he was highly rated before? However, Fred is a complete outlier there. I simply cannot see what Jose thought Fred was going to bring or become to the team.
Absolutely appalling piece of transfer. We would barely get 10m if we are to sell him now.

Gordon Godot

Really!!! Look at Mourinho era clips, Bailly would go completely missing a couple of times a game and generally cost us a goal each time. He always played like he was on speed and was constantly on the edge of a red card or injury. He was a terrible signing. Pogba for the money was woeful, character above all else missing. Mkhi absolute shambles. Matic fine if a squad player but legs had gone. Lindelof a joke from the outset, I think it was Sheff Untied in his first or second match where his mistakes cost 2 goals, and he never had the physicality or bottle for premier league. Alexis you 'could see what Jose wanted him to become'. What??? he barely played and was truly awful. That one not all on Mou but will go down in history as one of worst signings in history of club vs money spent.

Mourinho just followed his agents, mainly Raiola, you wondered if he even watched these players.

Either or WUM or dont understand football.

Abraxas

I have to say I am surprised at how poor he has been and so far I have got it wrong on him. I thought he was setup for a really good season under this manager who will play him in a more aggressive role and use some of his natural strengths.

But it has not panned out. The usual effort is there but the inconsistency of his play has gone through the roof which is disappointing. Theres no excuse for him putting in performances like Sunday when he's playing in a suitable position and has a Brazilian teammate alongside him. Everything is there for him to do the job.

Needs to sort it out. I think he's probably played himself out of ETHs best side for a few weeks, but he's still going to play a lot.

Cloud7

Really!!! Look at Mourinho era clips, Bailly would go completely missing a couple of times a game and generally cost us a goal each time. He always played like he was on speed and was constantly on the edge of a red card or injury. He was a terrible signing. Pogba for the money was woeful, character above all else missing. Mkhi absolute shambles. Matic fine if a squad player but legs had gone. Lindelof a joke from the outset, I think it was Sheff Untied in his first or second match where his mistakes cost 2 goals, and he never had the physicality or bottle for premier league. Alexis you 'could see what Jose wanted him to become'. What??? he barely played and was truly awful. That one not all on Mou but will go down in history as one of worst signings in history of club vs money spent.

Mourinho just followed his agents, mainly Raiola, you wondered if he even watched these players.

Either or WUM or dont understand football.
All these things are said in hindsight. At the time of signing they all made sense. Pogba was the most exciting young midfielder in Europe. Mkhi was coming off a season as the Bundesliga’s most productive player. Bailly was a rapid young CB with great tackling and a lot of promise. Alexis was one of the best attackers in the league for many years and his one off season was attributed to wanting to leave Arsenal. Matic was supposed to be the missing piece of our midfield and actually was for a while until his aged showed.

All these signings made sense at the time of signing. That they didn’t work out is unfortunate and a failure of Jose and subsequent managers but they were not bad signings at the time. Whereas Fred never made sense.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hope he steps it up. He's clearly eriksens backup, but has been out of form. Could be important today

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Poor player, never good enough. Huge liability whenever he plays.

Makes the same mistakes, game after game.

Based Adnan

Back to back stinkers against Omonia and Newcastle only to then start again vs Tottenham

Ghostrider318

Back to back stinkers against Omonia and Newcastle only to then start again vs Tottenham
I can see Spurs targetting him to steal possession in our half and put pressure on our defense. I thought McT was back for this game. I will take him over Fred right now

sammyhol

What a performance

so good further up the pitch.

you can forgive the odd sloppy pass up there cos his pressure just creates so much panic.

and he is never ever still

always on the move

best I’ve seen him in a United shirt that

Aint gota Kalou

Fred Bruno midfield is pure intensity and chaos. Played excellent today and is so much better in that position than deeper. Will be interesting to see if he starts again with Eriksen back.

Skills

Snitch
We've won the midfield battle in each of the games he's started now with Casemiro

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Wheres the Fred haters now....?
:lol: you were just waiting for the thread to be unlocked eh?

Fred had a good game. Lots of hustle as we all expect. Always pleased to see a player score. If we are honest, both his goal and “assist” were massively lucky, but he should have had a genuine assist from his ball to Rashford, so fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.