g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
 Fred image 17

Fred Brazil flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Seeing the lineup I thought it would be a good opportunity for Fred in a system that would favour him.

I didn’t see the game, but clearly I was wrong. Never really rated him anyway, time to get rid.
feck me, hardly played a game this season and there are others who have that are clearly struggling. I cant wait for him to be sold to see who we are going to blame instead.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Fred has days when he’s the most committed player on the pitch. And then he has days like this.

SAFMUTD

How is he a Brazilian international, starting over Fabinho and Bruno Guimaraes is beyond me.

Offers top energy and stamina, besides that nothing much.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Every coach plays him, even in the NT above Guimaraes and what not.

I think he is constantly being criticized because he is often in many key actions, arriving in balls no other midfielder would arrive.

My theory is that in training he is also in all those key moments but buries the goals or makes better passes that he can't accomplish during a game

Yeah and he should have scored but it wasn't the easiest position in that speed and being tackled, Rashford just shat his pants fearing he could have missed an open goal which was still easier finish, but yeah split second decision making.
Not a chance in hell Rashfords finish from that angle was easier that Freds in front of the bloody goal. That’s just incorrect.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
feck me, hardly played a game this season and there are others who have that are clearly struggling. I cant wait for him to be sold to see who we are going to blame instead.
It’s not just this season is it though? Fred has never had a single actual strength to his game except being a hard worker. He can’t shoot, he can’t pass, he can’t dribble, he isn’t tall or strong, he just runs a lot.

He doesn’t work in a 2-man midfield because he doesn’t bring enough to the table and is poor positionally. Maybe he can work in a three, but that’s only because he can be carried by those around him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This thread is easily the worst on Redcafe, really just some childish overreactions all over the place. But you could always count on some morons here to go overboard here.

Objectively speaking Fred had a mixed game and got better as the game went on, it is kinda expected for him to be a bit rusty after not playing at all for many weeks.

Yeah and he should have scored but it wasn't the easiest position in that speed and being tackled, Rashford just shat his pants fearing he could have missed an open goal which was still easier finish, but yeah split second decision making.

I am sure that this is also a source of all of the hate but noone cares about how horrible the two main men Ronaldo and Bruno were, jsut stinking the palce for more than two full seasons.. but yeah scapegoat FC here blaming the box to box defensive midfielder, sheer stupidity.
It was a sitter and Rashford did the right thing
edit: updated

Litch

It’s not just this season is it though? Fred has never had a single actual strength to his game except being a hard worker. He can’t shoot, he can’t pass, he can’t dribble, he isn’t tall or strong, he just runs a lot.

He doesn’t work in a 2-man midfield because he doesn’t bring enough to the table and is poor positionally. Maybe he can work in a three, but that’s only because he can be carried by those around him.
How many goals did he score last season compared to other midfielders at utd and even in the league? What was his passing percentage and retention compared to others here and in the league? There is a lot of BS wrote about Fred which isnt true, hes just the scapegoat for everything wrong at this club.....

Can't fault his effort but he's just technically average to poor 80% of the time. First touch is off, passing is dubious and his finishing is a travesty

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
How many goals did he score last season compared to other midfielders at utd and even in the league? What was his passing percentage and retention compared to others here and in the league? There is a lot of BS wrote about Fred which isnt true, hes just the scapegoat for everything wrong at this club.....
He is the opposite of a scapegoat, he has been given far more credit than he deserves. If you want scapegoats look at the likes of Maguire or McTominay, who have contributed far more but been subject to far more abuse.

Litch

He is the opposite of a scapegoat, he has been given far more credit than he deserves. If you want scapegoats look at the likes of Maguire or McTominay, who have contributed far more but been subject to far more abuse.
Than he deserves?

Strelok

Can't fault his effort but he's just technically average to poor 80% of the time. First touch is off, passing is dubious and his finishing is a tragedy.
Fixed it for you :wenger:

I like Fred and his energy but he's so shit today. Better sell him asap. How the feck he could miss that.

One thing I don't understand is Brazilians are renowned for being superb ballers. And we ended up with Fred and Andreas :houllier:

Ekeke

Fixed it for you :wenger:

I like Fred and his energy but he's so shit today. Better sell him asap. How the feck he could miss that.

One thing I don't understand is Brazilians are renowned for being superb ballers. And we ended up with Fred and Andreas :houllier:
Andreas was a youngster in Belgium and Brazil need some workhorses to do the dirty work for the more talented players too

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When you're on the bench, you cannot use the "i have to play several games to get into my best form" because those opportunities need to be snatched. It'd make sense for a new player or a kid but Fred has been here a while, he shouldn't need 10 games in a row to play decently otherwise he makes it very easy to bench him when better options are available

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Has a year left on his contract, with the option for an extra year. Just let him go in the summer.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
It was a sitter and Rashford did the right thing
edit: updated
Even from this replay tell me that you don't think he's not under absolute pressure in full speed being tackled, with one man on the line, on his weaker food, after running 95 minutes in the game. Rashford has an open goal and many clinical striekers would have just slot it in. I don't think Rash did the wrong thing, the cut back was on, but Fred had awful lot to do. Funnily Rashford himself missed another bigger "sitter" right after for which he's not criticised not even remotely as much as Fred for his last ditch shot.

But this is life, sometimes palyer miss chances, you have to create enough of them to score which we didn't as a team.

Raven

He's clearly a much better player than he's been showing. He's been bad so far this season though.

SirScholes

He can't be a bit part player, he needs a few games before he starts playing well, the same thing happens every single time he comes into the team after not regularly playing.
Or he’s just shit

SirScholes

Even from this replay tell me that you don't think he's not under absolute pressure in full speed being tackled, with one man on the line, on his weaker food, after running 95 minutes in the game. Rashford has an open goal and many clinical striekers would have just slot it in. I don't think Rash did the wrong thing, the cut back was on, but Fred had awful lot to do. Funnily Rashford himself missed another bigger "sitter" right after for which he's not criticised not even remotely as much as Fred for his last ditch shot.

But this is life, sometimes palyer miss chances, you have to create enough of them to score which we didn't as a team.
I’ll tell you that an international player at a level good enough to be at Manchester United, should be hitting an empty goal from 15 yards no matter the pressure

Longshanks

Offers almost nothing in the final third, is physically lightweight, useless in the air and his passing and first touch are wildly inconsistent.

Busy, covers plenty of ground, presses well and carries the ball well thorough midfield.

The problem is when it comes down to it, alot of moves break down thanks to his inability in the final third, and he gives the ball away too much in the defensive third thanks to his passing and first touch. And it's far to big a price to pay for his 'good work' which is just running around nicking the ball of people from time to time.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
How many years has he been here? Ultimately will go down as a bad signing. He has had some good performances but he has been here so long he was bound to produce some good games.

Longshanks

I’ll tell you that an international player at a level good enough to be at Manchester United, should be hitting an empty goal from 15 yards no matter the pressure
He panics and just throws his left foot at it, a serious lack of composure. He should take a touch and shift it on to his right foot then take the shot.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Him and Bruno are the busiest pointless players in world football. You see them and you like the energy they bring but watching them you feel drained and exhausted after the match.

Doracle

There is no way that Rashford should have shot from there. It’s just not on from that angle with a defender running back. He played exactly the right pass and Fred should have scored. Rashford would have got absolutely slaughtered on here had he been selfish enough to shoot rather than giving Fred an easy finish.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I actually quite like Fred but having him and Bruno in the same midfield is absolutely brutal.

AndyMUFC

Awful in that first half today especially. He can be a better player than he has been so far this season but at the end of the day, he is not just good enough on the ball to play for this club.

thebelfastboy

There is no way that Rashford should have shot from there. It’s just not on from that angle with a defender running back. He played exactly the right pass and Fred should have scored. Rashford would have got absolutely slaughtered on here had he been selfish enough to shoot rather than giving Fred an easy finish.
He should've at the very least had the confidence in his own ability to bury it from that angle.
Mark Hughes Vs Barca 1991 anyone ?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He should've at the very least had the confidence in his own ability to bury it from that angle.
Mark Hughes Vs Barca 1991 anyone ?
He could've gone for it and it would've been a lot percentage attempt, or he could try to lay it to Fred for a much better chance, which he did. Fred just got under it kind of, or was trying to be too precise, when he just had to hit it straight

In Rainbows

His precision is just awful. I think that's the best way to describe him. Just awful precision in everything he does.

NZT-One

I agree with that. Think, Fred was under serious pressure already so there wasn't an easy shot on. Wasn't it even deflected? Also the defender was there full force, no chance to control the ball to get on his right foot.

He was pretty bad today, don't want to picture it any different than that but that shot shouldn't be the major stick to beat him with.

To me, the Rashford-Fred situation sums up United these days, that Fred is the only player who is getting upfield in such a situation to at least be around the action. Had he stayed where the rest was, he could have saved himself some of the blame he is now getting for the situation...

kaku06

Vulgarian
Ladies and gents, we need a midfielder (again) next season. A starting one. This unholy trinity of Fred, Mctominay and Bruno should be phased out. All three are masters of chaos. I know Scott has done well this season compared to his own standards but we can’t afford to have them in our midfield and expect to evolve into a top team.

The dilemma is Case and Eriksen would be both 31 next season so we basically have to buy couple of midfielders in addition to a CF, RB and GK.

I have no hope for us as long as these 3 keep featuring for us.

Remember the geese

Ladies and gents, we need a midfielder (again) next season. A starting one. This unholy trinity of Fred, Mctominay and Bruno should be phased out. All three are masters of chaos. I know Scott has done well this season compared to his own standards but we can’t afford to have them in our midfield and expect to evolve into a top team.

The dilemma is Case and Eriksen would be both 31 next season so we basically have to buy couple of midfielders in addition to a CF, RB and GK.

I have no hope for us as long as these 3 keep featuring for us.
I can't see us spending what is required. A goalkeeper and a striker are far bigger priorities. The likes of Mainoo and Hannibal will be given squad roles I'd have thought.

thebelfastboy

He could've gone for it and it would've been a lot percentage attempt, or he could try to lay it to Fred for a much better chance, which he did. Fred just got under it kind of, or was trying to be too precise, when he just had to hit it straight
How is laying it to Fred a better chance??

Rashford is past the keeper with an open net in front of him, yes the angle is tight but he's a striker playing for United ffs.

The pass back inside to Fred (who's not exactly clinical) and he's got 4 defenders around him plus another back on the line?

It's cowardly from Rashford. He should be hitting the back of the net.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
For me he was the main reason we didn't win today and that says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.