5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

That miss was fecking maddening, haven't been that angry about football in years. Then Rashford goes and equals it!

Vaibhav Raj

An absolute choke artist every time he steps on the pitch. The ability is there to be at least an okay squad player. Off the ball, he is decent. But on the ball he does some really stupid things and does so in most critical of moments.

saik

We sorely missed Eriksen. Such a clown and missed couple of good opportunities as well.

NZT-One

Thought he was pretty dire today. Wouldn't overly critizise him for the miss though, it was a difficult one and there were 4 defenders, whose only objective was to prevent him vom getting the ball on goal. The fact he brought it as close as he did, was actually a suprise to me.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Fred was a little better in the second half, but not much. How can a player be at this level and not know what they are doing before they get the ball. Fred takes the ball down, then assesses the situation. By the time he figures out what to do he's either been tackled or the pass he should have made with his first touch isn't on anymore...

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Such a strange player. I don't know how to describe him...he does everything, but at a very low level. When he makes good passes, they're slightly underhit or overhit. When he controls a ball, it bobbles slightly around his feet. When he gets into positions to affect a game, like his chance, the end results ends up looking like something a Sunday league player attempted.

TempusFugit

His performance affected me personally, shockingly bad today. He should be made to re-watch his performance in the game and feel utterly embarrassed.

Jev

What happened to him? He was decent last season and I was pretty optimistic about him in a Ten Hag side but he barely looks like a footballer this season. Shocking technique to the extent that you're bemused when he makes a decent cross-field pass to Shaw at the end.

Josh 76

Fred was a little better in the second half, but not much. How can a player be at this level and not know what they are doing before they get the ball. Fred takes the ball down, then assesses the situation. By the time he figures out what to do he's either been tackled or the pass he should have made with his first touch isn't on anymore...
This will be his last season at Utd

Djemba-Djemba

He's getting worse.

This season so far has been the shittest he's ever looked for Utd.

He looks like a competition winner.

Oranges038

He's terrible. No idea how or why he's still getting played. Not many who could do worse.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
At the end of the day Fred just isn't good enough. We spent £50m downgrading on Ander Herrera.

Stadjer

He looked okay last season. A lot of underserved critism at that time just because its Fred. He was by far the better one from the McFred duo. Fast forward and McT actually managed to keep Casemiro out of the team for a short period and play okay while Fred has been on the bench and cant even control a ball or do a quick pass when he is on the pitch.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How. Tough ask for who was worse between him and Ronaldo today IMO.

El Jefe

He was 0/10 in the first half but improved a lot after the break. Its been obvious for years he's not a good player but he somehow has a fan club here, just a sign of the mediocrity present in the club at the moment.

Thankfully Woodward is no longer here as we'd probably offer him a new contract to 'keep his value'. Hopefully we don't even trigger the player option for him so we can finally be free of the Fred nightmare.

Erics_Collar

Fred is now the litmus test for where we are in terms of retaining average and below-aversge players on astoundingly overpaid contracts, which has been one of the more cancerous ailments of this club the last decade.

He's out of the contract in the summer and will be 30 years old.

There's absolutely no way he should be retained, but I fully expect us to renew.

Abraxas

I liked his breaking into the box. Nobody did that enough today so I give some credit for being somebody with the initiative to actually do something purposeful.

But unfortunately his technique was a shit show today, everything from passing to finishing.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Not going to blame Fred when the attack was as bad as it was.

Based Adnan

Fred is now the litmus test for where we are in terms of retaining average and below-aversge players on astoundingly overpaid contracts, which has been one of the more cancerous ailments of this club the last decade.

He's out of the contract in the summer and will be 30 years old.

There's absolutely no way he should be retained, but I fully expect us to renew.
You know full well he'll be getting a new 2+1 contract to preserve his value. There'll be some in the fanbase saying it's a good decision as well because he's a Brazillian international.

Nothing's changed.

acnumber9

Can’t pass. Can’t shoot. Can’t defend. He’s now in his fifth season as a midfielder at Manchester United. That sums our team up.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I love the guy (not sure why, probably because of his attitude) but damn, his final product today was atrocious.
I had hoped that he may reinvent himself next to Casemiro but it doesn't look promising so far.

stevoc

He's not a DM to get the best out of him he needs a top DM playing behind him. Look at his performances for Brazil beside Casemiro, if we had a player like that beside Fred he would shine.

Last edited:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
This thread is easily the worst on Redcafe, really just some childish overreactions all over the place. But you could always count on some morons here to go overboard here.

Objectively speaking Fred had a mixed game and got better as the game went on, it is kinda expected for him to be a bit rusty after not playing at all for many weeks.

Yeah and he should have scored but it wasn't the easiest position in that speed and being tackled, Rashford just shat his pants fearing he could have missed an open goal which was still easier finish, but yeah split second decision making.

I am sure that this is also a source of all of the hate but noone cares about how horrible the two main men Ronaldo and Bruno were, jsut stinking the palce for more than two full seasons.. but yeah scapegoat FC here blaming the box to box defensive midfielder, sheer stupidity.

Golden Nugget

The miss sums up Fred. Great drive and desire to burst into the box (no one else did) - poor decision to use his left foot instead of right.

I’m a big fan of Fred, but he was poor today. Was hoping ETH would give Iqbal a run in the second half but never happened

Lyng

Funny thing is, if you didn't watch the match and only look at stats you would be led to believe Fred had a great game.

Litch

This thread is easily the worst on Redcafe, really just some childish overreactions all over the place. But you could always count on some morons here to go overboard here.

Objectively speaking Fred had a mixed game and got better as the game went on, it is kinda expected for him to be a bit rusty after not playing at all for many weeks.

Yeah and he should have scored but it wasn't the easiest position in that speed and being tackled, Rashford just shat his pants fearing he could have missed an open goal which was still easier finish, but yeah split second decision making.

I am sure that this is also a source of all of the hate but noone cares about how horrible the two main men Ronaldo and Bruno were, jsut stinking the palce for more than two full seasons.. but yeah scapegoat FC here blaming the box to box defensive midfielder, sheer stupidity.
Absolutely right...

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Seeing the lineup I thought it would be a good opportunity for Fred in a system that would favour him.

I didn’t see the game, but clearly I was wrong. Never really rated him anyway, time to get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.