5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Singh

One thing you get from Fred is 100% effort and for that he deserves some respect, he seems better when playing on instinct as against Spurs he seemed to misplace 5/10 yard passes on a couple of occasions. I’ll always love Fred as he has great energy and always smiling!

Idxomer

His ability to turn quickly with the ball is the biggest benefit of having him in the team.

He isn't as good as Varane with his weaker foot, but he's one of the few players in the squad who isn't afraid to use it which also helps move the ball quickly.

Gordon S

Good point.

It’s particularly great to see when you consider the record of South America players at United over the last 20 years or so. Which is generally pretty terrible. We’ve waited a very long time to finally benefit from a continent that’s always been absolutely stacked with talent.
Yeah, you remember the Verons and Heintzes, Klebersons and Possebons. Never thought i see this day :)

Litch

Can you please elaborate on this insightful post?

Fred was dogshit again what’s your point?
This guy is absolutely pathetic. Just the worst type of football fan. Happy to dine out and fill his boots when a player plays bad, but it sticks in his throat when they play well.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Yeah, you remember the Verons and Heintzes, Klebersons and Possebons. Never thought i see this day :)
I actually remember Heinze being fantastic for us, including player's player of the year, one season. Got hurt, lost his job to Evra and became unsettled, similar to Tevez (except Tevez should've never lost his place to Berba). I think South American footballers, especially Argentines, require a different man management that many European managers don't quite get. I think Ferguson and Tevez is a classic example.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Thankfully this time wheel of fortune spins in the right direction for Fred.

Perhaps more minutes on the pitch will warm up the engine to optimal performance... God knows and perhaps Erik knows it even more.

Kostov

This guy is absolutely pathetic. Just the worst type of football fan. Happy to dine out and fill his boots when a player plays bad, but it sticks in his throat when they play well.
Nothin more pathetic than someone who gets into the middle of an argument without understanding the context.

Looking into your post history, you've waited until 23:10 last night to post " Wheres the Fred haters now?" tell me is there anything more pathetic than that?

Last edited:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I'm a long time Fred hater, but that was a fantastic display from him.

Glad he's been relegated to a squad player to rotate in & out and come off the bench as the schedule dictates.
I don't expect that level of performance from him every game, because he's simply incapable of doing so, but his passing & press resistance should be the standard we expect from him.

Litch

Nothin more pathetic than an idiot who gets into the middle of an argument without understanding the context.

Looking into your post history, you've waited until 23:10 last night to post " Wheres the Fred haters now?" tell me is there anything more pathetic than that?
Its a public forum, if you want a private conversation, its the wrong forum. I fully understand context as I do when someone cant offer any positivity despite when everything else around them can (even if you dont rate a player). Its called an agenda and you were called out specifically because you clearly have one.

Pathetic challenging those who already said specifically that we would lose because he is playing, the worst player to wear the shirt amongst other derogatory stuff, dont think thats Pathetic after that performance.

Whether hes good enough or not, for me its beyond football. There arent that many players in a sea of negativity, criticism from ex players, media and fans, continues to respond to his critics. I think hes very much a utd player.

Whether you rate him or not, he would die for the shirt and we have seen whilst others shy away, any disagreement on the pitch, hes the first to defend his teammate.....that counts for something for me, even beyond ability

Last edited:

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Think ETH needs to manage the variety he has on his bench.

I think Casemiro and Bruno are both automatic starters, but Fred should be kept in games when we need to take the ball back high and with intensity, when Eriksen is more suitable against low blocks.

We saw Fred against Newcastle struggling with the technical aspect, when yesterday he chased everything on the pitch and realease it as soon as possible.

Davicho

We have in our team, the first choice midfield of the strongest National team in the world right now. Don't know if you have analized that.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I'm not saying he is above being a squad player. You're still wrong though.
For him to do 'a lot more right than he does wrong' would mean that on the balance of his appearances for us, he plays better a lot more frequently than he plays poorly.
That's just quite simply not true. He's played 150+ matches for us in about 4 years, and I'd struggle to say he's comfortably played 1/3 of them very well.
His range is often average to poor with a few very good performances here & there.

Chief123

His tenacity and pressing is much more productive further up the pitch. He’ll still lose the ball but it’s not as dangerous losing it in the final 3rd than in our own half. He played very well.

The big question is, who starts against Chelsea? Fred or Eriksen?

There’s a strong argument for Fred to start as we’ll need similar levels of energy in midfield against their midfield.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His tenacity and pressing is much more productive further up the pitch. He’ll still lose the ball but it’s not as dangerous losing it in the final 3rd than in our own half. He played very well.

The big question is, who starts against Chelsea? Fred or Eriksen?

There’s a strong argument for Fred to start as we’ll need similar levels of energy in midfield against their midfield.
Don't think you can change the team really.

Eriksen is better when we will see plenty of the ball, but against Chelsea we need a combative threat too. Kovacic will waltz through Eriksen, especially if he's unfit.

He deserves to start again, and if it's not working swap him out for Eriksen.

Kostov

Its a public forum, if you want a private conversation, its the wrong forum. I fully understand context as I do when someone cant offer any positivity despite when everything else around them can (even if you dont rate a player). Its called an agenda and you were called out specifically because you clearly have one.

Pathetic challenging those who already said specifically that we would lose because he is playing, the worst player to wear the shirt amongst other derogatory stuff, dont think thats Pathetic after that performance.

Whether hes good enough or not, for me its beyond football. There arent that many players in a sea of negativity, criticism from ex players, media and fans, continues to respond to his critics. I think hes very much a utd player.

Whether you rate him or not, he would die for the shirt and we have seen whilst others shy away, any disagreement on the pitch, hes the first to defend his teammate.....that counts for something for me, even beyond ability
Well you vent your frustration on the wrong guy.

As far as I remember I don’t remember blaming a single player for loosing a game, be it Fred or anyone else.

And I never ever have questioned his attitude and commitment. I am sure I have credited his application many times in these past years.

And after that provocative post directed on the guy who was obviously waiting to tag me, I have explained my views on his contribution last night.

I gave him a 7 rating for tonight on par with Shaw and Martinez and only bellow Bruno at 8. Some of you are just so butt hurt it’s laughable.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Don't think you can change the team really.

Eriksen is better when we will see plenty of the ball, but against Chelsea we need a combative threat too. Kovacic will waltz through Eriksen, especially if he's unfit.

He deserves to start again, and if it's not working swap him out for Eriksen.
Sounds logical to me, but Ten Hag does seem to like to make a strange choice here and there, and possibly it's due to how players are looking in training, and how they've come out the previous match.
It wouldn't surprise me if he brings Eriksen, or McTominay back, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the same 11.
It's good that we now have choices in midfield, we need to bolster RB, CB, and striker and I think we will be pushing strongly for top four if we can keep most of our players fit.

Adam-Utd

Sounds logical to me, but Ten Hag does seem to like to make a strange choice here and there, and possibly it's due to how players are looking in training, and how they've come out the previous match.
It wouldn't surprise me if he brings Eriksen, or McTominay back, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the same 11.
It's good that we now have choices in midfield, we need to bolster RB, CB, and striker and I think we will be pushing strongly for top four if we can keep most of our players fit.
He seems to like continuity and considering that's the best we've played in a while, I think he'd want to see it go again (fitness allowing)

I know Eriksen has been a key part of midfield though, perhaps if he doesn't want to press as much away he will go with the better ball mover.

As you say, midfield choices?! feels strange.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He seems to like continuity and considering that's the best we've played in a while, I think he'd want to see it go again (fitness allowing)

I know Eriksen has been a key part of midfield though, perhaps if he doesn't want to press as much away he will go with the better ball mover.

As you say, midfield choices?! feels strange.
I thought the end of game experiment was quite interesting. Eriksen was in and Bruno to the right. Perhaps Bruno on left, Eriksen in center, and Antony on right is doable. Then Fred can continue as starter.

Adam-Utd

I thought the end of game experiment was quite interesting. Eriksen was in and Bruno to the right. Perhaps Bruno on left, Eriksen in center, and Antony on right is doable. Then Fred can continue as starter.
We've done that a few times in the past already when Casemiro came into the matches. Not sure we'd start that way but it's an option.

GL21

Anything but a utd player. History would tell us clubs would envy our midfielders, there isn't a pl club would be interested in fred

Last edited:

GL21

die for the shirt? Dont make me laugh. Backs out of most 50/50s and only does coward tackles like the one on the edge of the box last night. Also isnt very brave in terms of when he makes himself available for the ball. Never demands it unless his safe pass is on which help his stats for retention. Aside from last night which was a very good performance his forward passing is 9/10 losing possession. Just my opinion but fred is a fraud and covers it with perceived effort. Never united quality

Abraxas

For him to do 'a lot more right than he does wrong' would mean that on the balance of his appearances for us, he plays better a lot more frequently than he plays poorly.
That's just quite simply not true. He's played 150+ matches for us in about 4 years, and I'd struggle to say he's comfortably played 1/3 of them very well.
His range is often average to poor with a few very good performances here & there.
This is not remotely the case in my opinion. I think he's been our best midfielder over the last number of years.

Admittedly it's not a very high bar because Pogba was a total show pony, McTominay is limited, Matic was good for about 6 months. But I think once Fred settled after a poor start at the club he's had some very good seasons.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
This is not remotely the case in my opinion. I think he's been our best midfielder over the last number of years.

Admittedly it's not a very high bar because Pogba was a total show pony, McTominay is limited, Matic was good for about 6 months. But I think once Fred settled after a poor start at the club he's had some very good seasons.
You can think he’s been our best midfielder, but that doesn’t mean he’s played a lot better (imo) more often than he’s played average or poorly.
The two can exist at once, I’m just glad he’s a squad player now.

You can think he’s been our best midfielder, but that doesn’t mean he’s played a lot better (imo) more often than he’s played average or poorly.
The two can exist at once, I’m just glad he’s a squad player now.
With Fred you have to consider when he has played out of position or in a poor team. He's a real system player. When the team is functioning well he is almost always in the running for motm. When the team is full of static players and not doing well he is often poor. I don't think he's got much football intelligence, his game is very instinctive and he can't think too much or adapt. I think it's unfair to judge him when he's playing next to players like Matic and Maguire.

He's not a player who can turn a bad performance into a good one but we never expected him to be. Put him in the right system and there are few better at what he does, and he is consistent with it.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
With Fred you have to consider when he has played out of position or in a poor team. He's a real system player. When the team is functioning well he is almost always in the running for motm. When the team is full of static players and not doing well he is often poor. I don't think he's got much football intelligence, his game is very instinctive and he can't think too much or adapt. I think it's unfair to judge him when he's playing next to players like Matic and Maguire.

He's not a player who can turn a bad performance into a good one but we never expected him to be. Put him in the right system and there are few better at what he does, and he is consistent with it.
I don't think we give that same grace to a lot of our players, and Fred gets given it because one thing he never lacks is effort & commitment. While it's commendable, we're still levels off where we want to be, and part of that is lowering standards beyond where we know they should be.
For me, being a Man United midfielder isn't about only being good when you have a good team around you or only being good as part of a specific system - that certainly suits a squad player for a club like ours, and I have no issue with him being used as a rotational player or impact sub.

But to suggest there are few better at what he does is simply false, that would mean that he's one of the best midfielders around and he wouldn't be a system player. Unless you're saying there are few better at being a system player than him? That may be true, but I can't say that's a metric that is a priority for us right now.

I don't think we give that same grace to a lot of our players, and Fred gets given it because one thing he never lacks is effort & commitment. While it's commendable, we're still levels off where we want to be, and part of that is lowering standards beyond where we know they should be.
For me, being a Man United midfielder isn't about only being good when you have a good team around you or only being good as part of a specific system - that certainly suits a squad player for a club like ours, and I have no issue with him being used as a rotational player or impact sub.

But to suggest there are few better at what he does is simply false, that would mean that he's one of the best midfielders around and he wouldn't be a system player. Unless you're saying there are few better at being a system player than him? That may be true, but I can't say that's a metric that is a priority for us right now.
No, what I'm saying is that in a high pressing team there are few better at being the energizer bunny in midfield. Somebody who goes around harrying opponents and forcing errors, and every high pressing team needs that, and a high pressing team is what ETH is known for and what we want to move towards.

Chelsea 1:1 Man Utd

el3mel

How come he played so good against Spurs then few days later he put on such performance ? I don't get it.

So inconsistent.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Woeful today. Which is why we can't rely on him or get fooled by the odd good performance. The guy has no control over what he does. He's constantly at war with his limbs.

Sylar

How come he played so good against Spurs then few days later he put on such performance ? I don't get it.

So inconsistent.
Hit and miss. No in between for him :lol:
Am wondering what his position was when he came on today as we seemed to not play a three where he could be same as he was against spurs
Doesn't excuse how sloppy he was

Status
Not open for further replies.