Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Usual tosh in here. He was brutal last night but has been largely excellent in his performances this season. He brings energy and bite to us from the bench and has shown plenty going forward in the more advanced role he's been given, goals, assists plenty of clever little balls around the box. That's not what he was asked to do last night and everything went wrong for him. Erik will decide whether he needs upgrading as a squad player but anyone writing him off completely after last night can't have been watching us this season.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Usual tosh in here. He was brutal last night but has been largely excellent in his performances this season. He brings energy and bite to us from the bench and has shown plenty going forward in the more advanced role he's been given, goals, assists plenty of clever little balls around the box. That's not what he was asked to do last night and everything went wrong for him. Erik will decide whether he needs upgrading as a squad player but anyone writing him off completely after last night can't have been watching us this season.
exactly, but has anyone mentioned McT yet?

Kostov

Sorry you have the memory of a pillow. Did you actually see our first 5 games of the season? I did and Fred was probably the worst player on the pitch. Yes he had a couple of good games and it was noted on here, but so did Lingard and where is he now?

Lecland07

He certainly wasn't the only player to struggle yesterday. A lot of our players lost possession to Leeds in dangerous areas. It was a pretty panicky performance, which I have no doubts comes from Leeds playing out of their skin for a new manager. They haven't put that kind of effort in all season.

He has had a lot of good games this season. Well worth keeping.

Last edited:

MichaelRed

"Whenever you play against Fred, you let him get the ball".

"He has to take three or four touches. He doesn’t know how to do one or two touches".

"Anyone who watches his game will know when he gets it facing the wrong way, turns, turns, chops, chops".

"Four times a game, he will give you the ball". - Troy Deeney on Fred

And here we had people arguing that he should definitely start in Nou Camp over someone who can pass the ball.
Deeney was wrong though. He won't give it 4 times a game, yesterday he gave it to them 25 times..

fergieisold

Nice to see a balanced view on the situation!

Valencia Shin Crosses

Sorry you have the memory of a pillow. Did you actually see our first 5 games of the season? I did and Fred was probably the worst player on the pitch. Yes he had a couple of good games and it was noted on here, but so did Lingard and where is he now?
The poster you quoted literally stated how Fred is at his best in a more advanced role and not asked to play DM, and then you complain about when he was playing DM at the start of the season :lol:

He's not a fecking DM, he's an energetic 8 that ideally we use as a squad player off of the bench to outrun teams in the final 30 minutes and give freedom to harry the oppo while popping up with some goal contributions. Problem is we don't have any other options so it was worth a shot last night to see if he could cope, but he clearly can't.

Giggsy13

For a United career that has had some ups and many more downs that arguably was his worst performance. What made it so bad was that he was trying to get into spaces that Sabitzer was trying to occupy, which completely exposed our back 4. Sabitzer can be forgiven, he's only been at the club for about a week! But Fred, who's stolen a living for 5 years should know better. If we're going to progress into eventual title contenders, this joker has to go.

Last edited:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Well, we've played 31 matches between then and ladt night and I would contend that's a pretty decent sample size to measure whether he's contributing or not. Also, pillows these days have excellent memory, so the jokes on you, Kostov.
Pillows for dummies
Let's put it to bed now, eh? See what I did there?

Olecurls99

I don't understand why Sabitzer wasn't given the 6 role outright and why they were swapping it. Sabitzer is obviously more suited to the role. Hopefully Teny adjusts for Sunday.

CloneMC16

Very tiresome seeing these definitive 'opinions' on him.

Saying things like he's crap, useless, etc.. is just not accurate is it?

He's had games where he's looked absolutely brilliant. He's definitely a very unpredictable player in terms of how he's performed and he's had his fair share of shockers, but he does have his uses and strengths and weaknesses like most players. There are certain midfield partnerships that don't suit him and expose his flaws pretty harshly but he's not rubbish. He's inconsistent, sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.

I've watched games where he seems to cut out every single pass and is all over the pitch Ji-Sung Park style and then other games where he constantly tries to dive in or guesses the wrong passing lane to block. It's up and down with him and that's what you get, but he's not crap. One person said he's the worst player to ever play for us, I mean come on.

It's like some people are just incapable of any nuance and just have to blurt out the first primal thought that smashes around the walls of their skull.
100% agree with this. He's had plenty of great games for us, but also games like yesterday as well. He's one of the most hot and cold players I've ever seen play for us. I will still never understand anybody that says he's one of the worst player that's ever played for us. That's definitely a reactionary opinion.

His bottom level games will stand out more. How he played yesterday isn't accepted for a Man United player. You still can't forget the great performances he's had for us. He's had quite a few. I think our best game this season was against Spurs and Fred was MoTM. He's mostly been good this season. He had a poor start, but improved after being used from the bench and then starting with Casemiro.

I've always liked Fred. I would like him to stay, but I understand people that would prefer a replacement. A player with a more rounded skillset and a higher bottom level.

GregM40

Was only the other week he bossed De Bruyne in the derby. Fred is a very good player, but can’t be relied on without a DM next to him. Him and Sabitzer were almost making identical runs last night, neither knew when to sit. It’s not his fault Casemiro is suspended, he’s been top this season.

Robaldo

Yes, exactly. Even with his terrible passing and complete failure to be available to receive the ball from the back 4, if he wasn't always wildly out of position while defending he would be adequate. Instead he strays out of position, lunges into to tackles in a panic and usually just ends up whiffing completely.

No, not really. He did not disrupt Leeds' attacks at all. He was useful against City because he was told to tightly man mark a specific player, but if you have to rely on him to position himself properly to shield the front 4, you are in trouble. He has no sense of where to position himself in defence and he's an awful tackler.
You've misread my post mate.

ti vu

I don't understand why Sabitzer wasn't given the 6 role outright and why they were swapping it. Sabitzer is obviously more suited to the role. Hopefully Teny adjusts for Sunday.
Sabitzer himself is an action player. He's never your traditional no6.

He maybe the most influential playmaker in Nagelsmann's last Leipzig team, but he doesn't like to sit, or playing the anchor role. Leipzig press as an unit, which Sabitzer is just cog of the machine in this tactic. Nagelsmann play a pseudo back 3, which allows one of his CBs to step into midfield to break up play when required, partially do the job of a no6. Sabitzer is an everywhere player too. For tactical reason, he could be seen deployed as playmaking RB for example.

What we saw in this game is that Sabitzer and Fred almost move, react identically tactic wise. (Fred played much worse, but still had fuel for the game game while Sabitzer looked like he ran out of gas). We really didn't play a no 6 this game, and it showed.

Last edited:

SuperiorXI

For anyone taking the piss out of Fred, what do you expect when he is asked to execute a role he is completely unsuited to? He cannot do that job but he is the most suited to all the players we had available, it's literally the only option. Fred needs a Casemiro/Eriksen in order to thrive and utilise his best assets. He needs someone to mop up after him.

jackal&hyde

Has his moments but needs to be let go. Just not a reliable squad player at all unfortunately. Him and McTom need to make way for better players.

Olecurls99

Sabitzer himself is an action player. He's never your traditional no6.

He maybe the most influential playmaker in Nagelsmann's last Leipzig team, but he doesn't like to sit, or playing the anchor role. Leipzig press as an unit, which Sabitzer is just cog of the machine in this tactic. Nagelsmann play a pseudo back 3, which allows one of his CBs to step into midfield to break up play when required, partially do the job of a no6. Sabitzer is an everywhere player too. For tactical reason, he could be seen deployed as playmaking RB for example.

What we saw in this game is that Sabitzer and Fred almost move, react identically tactic wise. (Fred played much worse, but still had fuel for the game game while Sabitzer looked like he ran out of gas). We really didn't play a no 6 this game, and it showed.
Yeah, we needed one alright and will do while Casemiro is out. I think he could definitely do a much job in there than Fred.

Greck

Has his moments but needs to be let go. Just not a reliable squad player at all unfortunately. Him and McTom need to make way for better players.
He is actually a great squad player. Problem is when he does his job well everyone wants to promote him to weekly first teamer, rinse and repeat the brutal cycle where we're once again reminded how he got to the bench in the first place.

Leeds United 0:2 Man Utd

Bobski

Fantastic today, and in a very tough game in midfield.

People, try to look at each match in isolation and take your preconceptions out. You had people shitting on him throughout the match seemingly ignoring what was actually happening.

strandty

Two of the most contrasting performances you’re ever going to see this week :lol:

Lecland07

Every player has poor games. He is a great player to have in the side.

He made 10 tackles today. Insane amount

CloneMC16

He does it again :lol:

Said it before in this thread, but I've never seen a player like him for us. His performances can swing widely from game to game. The match thread was strange, because he played well throughout the game. People shit on him when he's doing well.

He also won the ball back for us before Rashford scored.

avgp_1

More back to his usual that. Getting the freedom to run around and having Sabitzer sitting

criticalanalysis

People, try to look at each match in isolation and take your preconceptions out. You had people shitting on him throughout the match seemingly ignoring what was actually happening.
Yes same.

I saw quite a few saying Shaw was MOTM. His cross was absolute class but he amongst pretty much everyone else had really poor individual games. Fred included but he put out so many fires today and was arguably our most 'consistent' player. He's never going to get the assist or do match changing moments but his energy and chaos is much needed, however risky that is.

Only player who probably deserved MOTM was Martinez for me and that's coming on a sub playing for only 30mins :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
MOTM. How’s everyone coping in here?

Sylar

Given he got a fairly early yellow he did so well to help nullify them. Also didn't daftly go into a challenge which was possibly a 50-50 but a chance to give the ref something to do with the crowd screaming at him

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Shows how idiotic/knee jerk people can be
Yup. We are lucky to have Fred and he is a very valuable squad player. But yes is prone to the odd shocker. The abuse he gets is embarrassing from some of the folsk on here

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905

You can't take those posters seriously, they will always find something to bash their out of favour player, at least they will shut up now for a while now like they did the last month when he put another 2 or 3 MOTM performances in.

Fred was amazing today, absolute miles ahead of anyone else from the minute one, when evryone looked way off pace, that's why I love about him, he's always absolute ready, considering the hostile cirumstances, his teammates being asleep and Sabitzer being poor too, it's definitely one of his top performances.

Can't believe he got recognition from Sky as well, you can tell he had a absolutely great game when the homegrown Rashford scored and didn't get the usual MOTM..

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fred is such an RNG player. :lol: I love him and infuriated by him all at the same time.

He was vital today though, made some big 2nd man challengers in and around the box. Great ratting today.

Lecland07

He was ok today. Still unreliable on the ball but matched the work rate of the Leeds midfield.
He won the ball back twice as many times as any player on the pitch: 10 tackles is a huge number in midfield. That was far more than okay.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
10 tackles. Most on a yellow card. He and Martinez turned the game in our favour.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Slightly erratic in first half but better in 2nd half. He needs someone like Casemiro next to him to shine

Status
Not open for further replies.