5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NZT-One

I thought, he didn't have an awesome game today but surely better than in the last one. Rest of the team wasn't playing well so Fred didn't have to do a lot to stand out. Leeds were more in charge than we were and I think, that is also due to the limitations a Fred-Sabitzer midfield has. Think he is a good player to have. Could be crucial against Barcelona.

Longshanks

Good game today, did what he does well covered ground and won the ball back, but he was also missing in action numerous occansions when Leeds were just running through our midfield for fun and one of the main reasons we couldn't build anything through midfield and had to go direct.

mu4c_20le

Midfield destroyer by day, Bruno's unassuming chauffeur by night

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I said after his terrible performance on Wednesday that he would drop a 10/10 today. You just knew he would. Mad player.

Grande

I thought, he didn't have an awesome game today but surely better than in the last one. Rest of the team wasn't playing well so Fred didn't have to do a lot to stand out. Leeds were more in charge than we were and I think, that is also due to the limitations a Fred-Sabitzer midfield has. Think he is a good player to have. Could be crucial against Barcelona.
I disagree, he did have an awesome game. I was so frustrated the last game where he was constantly half a yard in the wrong direction, most of his handling of the ball was off by a yard or three. Today was the stark opposite, even though the team struggled more, he won so many balls, made almost every choice right, was so clean on the ball. Last time he was all over the place. Now he was All. Over. The. Place. Kudos for that.

NZT-One

I disagree, he did have an awesome game. I was so frustrated the last game where he was constantly half a yard in the wrong direction, most of his handling of the ball was off by a yard or three. Today was the stark opposite, even though the team struggled more, he won so many balls, made almost every choice right, was so clean on the ball. Last time he was all over the place. Now he was All. Over. The. Place. Kudos for that.
Probably semantics but I think calling it an awesome performance does a bad service to the word awesome. I agree with you, he was pretty bad in the last game and today he was one if not the best player in our team but that really doesn't mean much. I mean, we did nothing for 80minutes, Leeds was doing just fine, they were able to control the ball without being challenged - I even thought Leeds were only half the team we played a few days ago. An awesome performance from Fred wouldn't allow such output from the opponent. He was just fine and (one of) the best of bad bunch today.

eire-red

He truly made me rage on Wednesday, but he had a good game today, and snuffed out a lot of dangerous Leeds attacks.

I still think we can upgrade in terms of squad players, but he clearly has skills EtH likes and seems like a good guy to have around the squad.

Based Adnan

First half was a continuation from the previous game. Improved in the second half but still a big reason why we weren't able to play through midfield consistently.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Yup. We are lucky to have Fred and he is a very valuable squad player. But yes is prone to the odd shocker. The abuse he gets is embarrassing from some of the folsk on here
A Manchester United midfielder cannot have a bottom level as low as his.

Lucky to have Fred? Did I go into a coma and we got relegated to League One during that time?

You’re lucky to have players like Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, etc. Not fecking Fred

In Rainbows

First half was a continuation from the previous game. Improved in the second half but still a big reason why we weren't able to play through midfield consistently.
That's what I saw. I don't know if there was a player that played well prior to the Lisandro substitution. So the good performance really came from a small period.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
As he himself said he is the piano carrier, not the star.
Unfortunately sometimes it's Sanchez's piano he's carrying.

OrcaFat

Out of his depth supposedly
Love the guy. His attitude is absolutely first rate. We have the ball away far too much yesterday and he did a great job of getting it back.

With Case and Eriksen, we don’t give it away and hence there is far less need to win it back. Fred is a great option off the bench and he is not out of his depth - he’s a Brazil international ffs - but his presence is not conducive to controlled possession.

Grande

That's what I saw. I don't know if there was a player that played well prior to the Lisandro substitution. So the good performance really came from a small period.
I disagree. Fred had two roles before the change-around. In attack he was higher up the pitch, with Sabitzer and Malacia behind, to draw Leeds 4-3-3 into the middle for the team to be able to play through them on the flanks. The ruse often worked, but Dalot, Maguire and Shaw were to pondersome on the ball and Rashford and Sancho couldn’t exploit the extra space well. Fred was in the middle of the ruse in a very congested area, but did well when the ball came for him, as opposed to yhe firat game. In defence, he was crucial, because we were vulnerable when Leeds won the ball from the likes of Sabitzer, Sancho, Weghorst and Rashford. Fred had to transition from an almost 10 position to getting back to snuff out a lot of counterattacking opportunities, and did so brilliantly. Tactics were OK, but with many games and rotation, a lot of players didn’t use the ball well, and without Fred we’d have been punished in that first half, IMO.

OrcaFat

I disagree. Fred had two roles before the change-around. In attack he was higher up the pitch, with Sabitzer and Malacia behind, to draw Leeds 4-3-3 into the middle for the team to be able to play through them on the flanks. The ruse often worked, but Dalot, Maguire and Shaw were to pondersome on the ball and Rashford and Sancho couldn’t exploit the extra space well. Fred was in the middle of the ruse in a very congested area, but did well when the ball came for him, as opposed to yhe firat game. In defence, he was crucial, because we were vulnerable when Leeds won the ball from the likes of Sabitzer, Sancho, Weghorst and Rashford. Fred had to transition from an almost 10 position to getting back to snuff out a lot of counterattacking opportunities, and did so brilliantly. Tactics were OK, but with many games and rotation, a lot of players didn’t use the ball well, and without Fred we’d have been punished in that first half, IMO.
Without Fred it would have been worse because we have nobody else fit.

poleglass red

He never inspires confidence when I see him. He's like Maguire, even when they are doing ok in a game, there is always a mistake on the horizon. That tackle in the 2nd half he backed out of on the half way line, that led to leeds on a breakaway, Shaw cleaned it up for him and then gave him a bollicking. The commentator on my feed was hinting Fred lacked balls, possibly, but I just feel because he was on a yellow he didn't want to commit in case he fouled the leeds player and got sent off. The ball was there to be won had he properly went for it though.

PelleMyk

What game were people watching? Fred was covering the 6, 8 and at times 10 yesterday as Sabitzer is still learning how to cope with the PL. Deservedly getting praise for his performance in the media, but reading this thread you`d think he had a stinker.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Swipe next and there is a small compilation of his performance yesterday

Was very critical of him and Sabitzer after first 30 min but they did well after that.

MadMike

Him and Sabitzer had pretty decent games yesterday in a difficult away fixture against a pretty aggressive team.

Of course I wish his performances were more consistent and not so muchflip-flopping between a 2/10 and a 7/10. But I think we all know by now that’s part and parcel with Fred and it ain’t gonna change.

I wouldn’t mind him staying, since I like his attitude, but let’s be honest he can be improved upon by signing a more consistent performer.

Bobski

What game were people watching? Fred was covering the 6, 8 and at times 10 yesterday as Sabitzer is still learning how to cope with the PL. Deservedly getting praise for his performance in the media, but reading this thread you`d think he had a stinker.
People had already made their mind up over his performance before the game started. It is one of the most annoying things about fandom when it comes to guys like Fred, Maguire, McT. They start with a negative grade, sheep-like circle-jerk of negativity.

Judge every game in isolation, not hard.

Lecland07

Fantastic performance. Great assist and won the ball high up just before the corner. Dominated De Jong.

I don't think people realise it will be much harder to find a better midfielder than they believe. Most midfielders are not the absolute top echelon; in fact, very few are at that level.

Also, that was never a penalty. The ball was played from far too close.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Dominated their midfield in the second half. They couldn’t handle his pace and power. Very few times in football that Fred is comprehensively stronger than the opposition CMs but the twinky Barca boys are one exception

FerociousCorgis

Fantastic performance. Great assist and won the ball high up just before the corner. Dominated De Jong.

I don't think people realise it will be much harder to find a better midfielder than they believe. Most midfielders are not the absolute top echelon; in fact, very few are at that level.

Also, that was never a penalty. The ball was played from far too close.
wow awfully generous. And i only saw the one quick replay but he clearly moves his arm out towards the ball and makes contact to change the trajectory of the ball. Ive seen those given before and had roles been reversed guaranteed people be yelling that shouldve been a pk

Ekeke

Better than I was expecting for sure. Still some frustrating moments and could have given away a penalty, in the last 5-10 mins he was throwing himself to the floor for challenges and not getting close to the ball so taking a chance there

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
First time in a while we had Bad Fred and Good Fred in the same game.

Competition winner in the first half, prime Kante with more ability on the ball in the second.

git_united

Improved markedly as the game went on. Best and worst of Fred on display at times though. But in this kind of match he has to start.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was criminal in the first half, and absolutely great in the second half :lol:

Can't really blame him for inconsistency since he's played lot of football recently.

Abraxas

Brilliant second half. An absolute terrier out there. Soft defending on the set piece. Yet he's crap and got to go apparently. Can perform like that away at the best team in Spain but not good enough for a squad role. Rightio.

Status
Not open for further replies.