Fred | no longer Fred the Red but now a Turkish delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Ndombele is no way near being £50m rated if that's what you mean

Spurs would be lucky to move him on a perm for a fee considering he's reportedly on 200k a week and can't run for more than 15 minutes
They brought him for £50m after we brought Fred and like you said he was their top earner at 1 stage.

Point being when you price up both players, I fail to see how Ndombele is less complex unless it’s a loan. Levy won’t take that financial hit.

mu4c_20le

So the £50m player is easier to complete than the £15m valued transfer. So are Spurs looking to give Ndombele away?
Don't know what they are asking but Galatasaray offered 8m. Seems they are really skint.

Gandalf

Don't know what they are asking but Galatasaray offered 8m. Seems they are really skint.
Turkish football does not have that much money to splash around, 8M would be about par for a big signing at a top Turkish club and to put it into perspective the club record signing for Galatasary is 17M Euros. Nobody is going to get rich selling to clubs in Turkey but it may depend on how hard Fred pushes for a particular move and whether the club feels like he deserves to have his wishes met. Fulham would probably pay more but Gala can offer European football which might be a sticking point for Fred.

James35

I have a horrible feeling we are stuck with Fred and McTominay again next season. We’ll sign no one else after Hojlund and Fred will then leave on a free next summer.

croadyman

I have a horrible feeling we are stuck with Fred and McTominay again next season. We’ll sign no one else after Hojlund and Fred will then leave on a free next summer.
So Donny staying too then?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
So the £50m player is easier to complete than the £15m valued transfer. So are Spurs looking to give Ndombele away?
Galatasary are living on a different planet if they think Ndombele is cheaper than Fred based on the two season each of them just had.

Kostov

I wonder what the Fred supporting **** is making of the non interest for our midfield maestro? 15m fee is probably a pipe dream at this stage.

mikeyt

Thinking the same, all quiet on the McT side of things and unless someone like Fulham come back in for Fred we'll either sell him far too cheap or hang on to him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
With an inflation rate of 57% I guess Turkey as a whole is skint currently

OldTrevil

I'd rather sell McT and lose Fred for free next year, rather than be subjected to any more performance by McHoudini.

zenith

Mctominay and Fred will both likely be gone at the end of the season. It'll be a good deal if we can get around 45 million pounds for both combined.

I wonder what the Fred supporting **** is making of the non interest for our midfield maestro? 15m fee is probably a pipe dream at this stage.
He's 30 years old and reliant on his energy, with massive wages to boot. What more is there to say? He's been one of our better players over recent years but his time is coming to an end.

Kostov

He's 30 years old and reliant on his energy, with massive wages to boot. What more is there to say? He's been one of our better players over recent years but his time is coming to an end.
No he hasn't, for the simple reason of despite his good games he has also been one of our worst players in many games. But that's besides the point, as you said he is 30, reliant on energy and on high wages, only some desperate deadline day club or Saudis will splash 15m+ for him IMO.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
No he hasn't, for the simple reason of despite his good games he has also been one of our worst players in many games. But that's besides the point, as you said he is 30, reliant on energy and on high wages, only some desperate deadline day club or Saudis will splash 15m+ for him IMO.
Surely the genius that is Dvid Moyes could be persuaded to take him as part of a package :rolleyes::)

Oranges038

Probably think no interest means clubs thinks he's too good to join them and they have no chance of enticing him to leave.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've always liked Fred but understood he has many limitations, despite being able to pull out some great performances on his day.

The way you talk about him is so serious though. Just zero emotional attachment to a player who in his time here has been very endearing to the fans. I find it odd to see someone look at it so black and white as 'he's crap, needs to go, anyone who appreciates him is a ****'.

Kostov

Surely the genius that is Dvid Moyes could be persuaded to take him as part of a package :rolleyes::)
Davie likes British core and 1.9m tall mate, does not feck around with brazilian midgets :lol:

Probably think no interest means clubs thinks he's too good to join them and they have no chance of enticing him to leave.
And Madrid had to blow their budget on Jude, while saving for Mbappe, while Barca have no levers left otherwise would be lining up to take him.

Kostov

I've always liked Fred but understood he has many limitations, despite being able to pull out some great performances on his day.

The way you talk about him is so serious though. Just zero emotional attachment to a player who in his time here has been very endearing to the fans. I find it odd to see someone look at it so black and white as 'he's crap, needs to go, anyone who appreciates him is a ****'.
I think you got me wrong here, I like yourself understood his limitations and the reality of his quality. I hold more grudge on some United fans who were overrating him to ridiculous levels. Some were delusional thinkin that he is worth much more, while the reality is different. 10m for Fred on the last year of his contract is a good fee IMO.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think you got me wrong here, I like yourself understood his limitations and the reality of his quality. I hold more grudge on some United fans who were overrating him to ridiculous levels. Some were delusional thinkin that he is worth much more, while the reality is different.
Ah fair enough!

Oranges038

Davie likes British core and 1.9m tall mate, does not feck around with brazilian midgets :lol:

And Madrid had to blow their budget on Jude, while saving for Mbappe, while Barca have no levers left otherwise would be lining up to take him.
To be fair he does like Paqueta.

Spent 100m on Jude when they could have got Fred for a 30m bargain. Idiots.

CloneMC16

He's the type of player that a lot of his value comes from his work rate and stamina. He's at an age where that could fall off quite soon. I'm not really surprised.

I still think he's worth more than Galatasaray were offering us.

Varun1

What! He has been the most inconsistent player in recent years. I'd keep Mct over him even though he's quite an average player.

I've said it many times before, at least with Mct you know what you're getting.

We've made some really strange signings in recent years!

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

Seems a good guy, he's had some decent spells here but overall, he's been underwhelming.

CloneMC16

What! He has been the most inconsistent player in recent years. I'd keep Mct over him even though he's quite an average player.

Yeah, a player that does next to nothing on the pitch. Fred is always doing something. Even if it's not always good. He's had way more good games for us than McTominay.

When played in the correct position he's been mostly good and certainly the best of the non core midfielders. The inconsistencies stemmed from being played too deep.

Based Adnan

Wouldn't mind keeping Fred if there are no suitors. Good squad player.
Do you not think there'd be a multitude of clubs in for him if this were true? A good squad player for a side aiming for trophies/finishing top 4 for ~15m would have clubs queing at the door.

He's too inconsistent and his bottom level far too low to be considered a good squad player for us imo and that's without going into how he doesn't fit the managers style of play moving forward.

MyBloodIsRed

Has he been filmed in training at all??? I'm sure Rasmus wants that 17 shirt vacated! :cool:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Do you not think there'd be a multitude of clubs in for him if this were true? A good squad player for a side aiming for trophies/finishing top 4 for ~15m would have clubs queing at the door.

He's too inconsistent and his bottom level far too low to be considered a good squad player for us imo and that's without going into how he doesn't fit the managers style of play moving forward.
No, he is a very good squad player. The problem is his wages, much like the rest of our squad.

Gandalf

Well non interest is just blatantly untrue isn't it. Galatasary and Fulham have made verbal offers that did not meet our valuation and sadly for those wanting a big pay day it was reported that although he had offers from the Saudi League he was determined to stay in Europe. He will be sold and the price will probably be close to 15M with add ons, there is almost a whole month left in the transfer window and clubs start getting a lot more desperate closer to the deadline.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Fred has been much better and more consistent for us than McTominay. Well unless you consider Scott being consistently bad as being 'more consistent' which technically would be correct in the worst way possible.

Some people significantly exaggerate how often Fred has his bad games. He does tend to often start games poorly which is a nasty habit, but the majority of times he steps up after 20 minutes or so and is decent to good for the rest of it. Especially in the last 18 months since he was moved into the position he obviously should have been playing all along instead of the deeper position he was played in before. Whereas Scott tends to have about one month a season where he actually looks good, but the rest of the time he basically doesn't do any of the absolute basics you want in a midfielder and barely impacts the game either in or out of possession.

RuudTom83

I think EtH has used Fred better, and limited his appearances to cameos where he has grabbed a few goals. But he is not going to start many games unless there is some kind of injury crisis.

So he needs to tell his agent to work harder (if he actually wants to play 90 minutes)

Either way he has 12 months on his contract so the Fred chapter will be close within the next year.

Varun1

Yeah, a player that does next to nothing on the pitch. Fred is always doing something. Even if it's not always good. He's had way more good games for us than McTominay.
Fred has been much better and more consistent for us than McTominay. Well unless you consider Scott being consistently bad as being 'more consistent' which technically would be correct in the worst way possible.

Some people significantly exaggerate how often Fred has his bad games. He does tend to often start games poorly which is a nasty habit, but the majority of times he steps up after 20 minutes or so and is decent to good for the rest of it. Especially in the last 18 months since he was moved into the position he obviously should have been playing all along instead of the deeper position he was played in before. Whereas Scott tends to have about one month a season where he actually looks good, but the rest of the time he basically doesn't do any of the absolute basics you want in a midfielder and barely impacts the game either in or out of possession.
That's the point! Although Mct offers little in big games, you know what you're getting. Whereas you don't know which version of Fred will turn up, be it a big game or not.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That's the point! Although Mct offers little in big games, you know what you're getting. Whereas you don't know which version of Fred will turn up, be it a big game or not.
So you'd prefer somebody who is good 20% of the time and poor 80% over someone who has probably a 60% good and 40% bad split (actually probably better since he's been moved into his natural position)?

Status
Not open for further replies.