g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

French League - 'Ligue 1' 2016/17 | AS Monaco Champions!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is Bastia the club with some sort of racial issue? I feel like I vaguely remember a reddit post about one dickhead French league club and I feel like it was Bastia
They don't really have a racial issue, they just have dickheads who will provoke or insult opponents by any means.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They don't really have a racial issue, they just have dickheads who will provoke or insult opponents by any means.
Ah, I see. I just searched around, it was the fans who made monkey noises at Balotelli.

NYAS

Marseille turning it on against Saint-Etienne.

Two beautiful goals and playing with a lot of confidence.

JPRouve

Scout
Ah, I see. I just searched around, it was the fans who made monkey noises at Balotelli.
I think it happened to Eder too but at the same time they will love you if you play for them like for Modeste.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
PSG make Alexis Sanchez their summer window priority

PSG have made Arsenal attacker Alexis Sanchez their summer transfer window priority after President Nasser Al Khelaifi held constructive talks with the player’s agent recently, according to L’Équipe.

The French daily claims that the Chilean international does not want to sign a contract extension with Arsenal, his current deal expiring in 2018, and has rejected multiple offers from Arsène Wenger in this regard, perceiving them to be not lucrative enough.

The Chilean would take up a non-EU spot, which PSG currently do not have free, but will do when Maxwell leaves this summer after his contract expires.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Chinese sides have all also been in contact for the player.

But PSG are backing on Wenger’s good relationship with Al Khelaifi and the Frenchman’s likely desire not to sell to a direct Premier League rival, to enable Les Parisiens to beat the competition for the Chilean.

Lille face competition from a host of sides interested in Thiago Maia

Ligue 1 side Lille have registered an interest in Santos’ 20-year-old defensive midfielder Thiago Maia, according to Téléfoot.

Maia, who has previously told South American media that he is dream is to join up with his friend at PSG in Marquinhos, is on the shortlists of AS Monaco, Napoli, Schalke 04 and Liverpool, according to the French TV show.

Marco Verratti expects big signings in summer, or he will ask to leave PSG

Italian central midfielder Marco Verratti is expecting PSG to make big signings this summer, and if they do not do so, he will ask to leave the club, according to Le Parisien.

The elimination of PSG from the Champions’ League vs Barcelona has led Verratti to asking himself questions about whether he could ever win Europe’s premier trophy with Les Parisiens.

Verratti now wants to be reassured about the long-term aims of the project and is waiting to see huge summer transfer window moves at the club. He noticeably recently said in an interview that he would love to see Neymar at PSG.

If he does not see the improvements he desires, he will demand to leave, according to the French newspaper.

PSG seeking to tie up Mahamadou Dembélé amid Liverpool interest

Ligue 1 champions PSG are seeking to tie up a professional contract for 17 year old central defender Mahamadou Dembélé, according to L’Équipe.

Liverpool have been in talks with the player, but the Dembélé camp is currently leaning to remaining with Les Parisiens and becoming professional there.

PSG have offered Serge Aurier a new deal; Europe’s elite remain on alert

PSG Director of Football Patrick Kluivert has recently offered Serge Aurier a three year contract extension until 2022, according to France Football.

For the moment, the player has not yet responded, but the door remains open to negotiations.

Europe’s elite remain on alert for the Ivorian international, who has largely lost his starting XI place to Thomas Meunier this season with PSG.

Manchester City are following his situation with interest, having sent representatives to Ivory Coast’s November friendly with France to watch the player. Pep Guardiola likes the player and needs to find a replacement for Bacary Sagna and Pablo Zabaleta.

Manchester United and Liverpool are also monitoring the player’s progress.

Barcelona have put the player’s name on their summer short list, with the signing of a right-back a major priority for them in this summer transfer window.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He didn't score that goal. That was the equalizer which Dirar scored on the rebound.

Don't be bitter my friend! :lol:
Good job for detecting the intellectual shortcut :D

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Think Aurier will be waiting until summer to sign a new contract if he does so. Can't see either him or Meunier happy with a bench role going into next season and Meunier seems to be first choice now.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Think Aurier will be waiting until summer to sign a new contract if he does so. Can't see either him or Meunier happy with a bench role going into next season and Meunier seems to be first choice now.
The same. Moreover, Aurier was - for good or bad reasons - the target of the French media with diverse scandals.

I feel he would be happy to leave the French media landscape.

On the other hand, he has an excellent relationship with Nasser Khelaifi who never sells an important player under contract.

50/50 IMO

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The same. Moreover, Aurier was - for good or bad reasons - the target of the French media with diverse scandals.

I feel he would be happy to leave the French media landscape.

On the other hand, he has an excellent relationship with Nasser Khelaifi who never sells an important player under contract.

50/50 IMO
Yeah that is true. It is a tough one. He has a better relationship with Khelaifi than he has with the managers. At least he's been quiet on social media this season I think.

Moiraine

Can someone shed some light on what triggered that violence. Why Bastia fans were beating Lyon players ?

Old rivalry or racism or whatever... (my mind just can't comprehend).

JPRouve

Scout
Can someone shed some light on what triggered that violence. Why Bastia fans were beating Lyon players ?

Old rivalry or racism or whatever... (my mind just can't comprehend).
They are in conflict with the club owners and decided to create a mess. Why Lyon and not an other club? Probably because Bastia believe that they have been robbed by the referee during the game at Lyon.

Moiraine

They are in conflict with the club owners and decided to create a mess. Why Lyon and not an other club? Probably because Bastia believe that they have been robbed by the referee during the game at Lyon.
Thanks for enlightening, hope they get banned for a couple of seasons.

JPRouve

Scout
Thanks for enlightening, hope they get banned for a couple of seasons.
The thing is, it's an historical club and they are in that situation because of the current owners, the club needs help more than anything else.

Moiraine

The thing is, it's an historical club and they are in that situation because of the current owners, the club needs help more than anything else.
But there is no excuse whatsoever to invade field and attack players. This is just unacceptable and has to be punished severely.

JPRouve

Scout
But there is no excuse whatsoever to invade field and attack players. This is just unacceptable and has to be punished severely.
No one is making excuses, the people who did it need to be punished by the justice, the club also need to be sanctioned by the league but there is no need to go over the top. Remember that thousands of fans of Bastia did nothing wrong, they shouldn't be punished because 50 imbeciles try to sabotage the club.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
PSG 2-0 up at Metz. Metz held out until 33 minutes then Cavani got his 30th goal of the season and Matuidi added another 3 minutes later.

DocRockter

Why Metz, why?!? I watched the game until PSG scored their second and came to see if they'd scored a few more., This game is cruel..

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Granted I don't watch PSG much, but every time I do, Goncalo Guedes is constantly missing great chances to score.

Hojoon

Monaco plays their C team while PSG go full strength. This could get ugly.

DadiBG

Why is Jardim throwing this game? Shocking team.
Maybe wants to rest players for the league and champions league ? Sad, but reasonable, unfortunately. Shame, cause I was quite looking forward to this, guess I'm watching Bayern - Dortmund. How unfair :D

NYAS

Maybe wants to rest players for the league and champions league ? Sad, but reasonable, unfortunately. Shame, cause I was quite looking forward to this, guess I'm watching Bayern - Dortmund. How unfair :D
I've been following Monaco for several years and have a huge soft spot for them but there are no excuses for this kind of line-up.

JPRouve

Scout
I've been following Monaco for several years and have a huge soft spot for them but there are no excuses for this kind of line-up.
The players need rest and everyone understand it.

NYAS

The players need rest and everyone understand it.
No one is denying they need rest. But these kinds of total changes to the team in this kind of occasion is extreme, I think deep down you know it.

JPRouve

Scout
No one is denying they need rest. But these kinds of total changes to the team in this kind of occasion is extreme, I think deep down you know it.
Your first sentence is the only thing that matters, they need rest. If you don't bring your best team against PSG you will lose, so logically Jardim rested the team fully.