Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Deleted member 101472

Because it was a peaceful meeting. Having seen the dead I guess he realised that was more of a priority? That's what I took from that anyway.
Aye maybe. I hope it was him Saying that he's coming for him because those two need to fight each other.

AshRK

Brilliant episode. Some brilliant acting. Star of the episode for me was : Jaime fecking lannister. I thought he was a goner but he is now gone from kings landing . The best written character for me.Would love to see him interacting with danny, jon and his biggest nemesis brann:D.

Overall a wonderful episode.

Deleted member 101472

Already been mentioned, but the Jamie and Cersei scene was fantastic. All throughout I was thinking, yeah, she wont kill him. Then I got to a point where I was thinking
Shit they gonna have mountain kill him right now. And when Cersei nodded, I thought, shit, its going to happen, then it didnt happen.

It was so well done.
Yup, it was brilliant. I honestly thought jaimes head was getting chopped off.

Deleted member 101472

I think that was the point of that dialogue. Hope so too!
The first thought that went through my head with it was "wait, do the cleganes have a mad sister? Is it brienne?" Haha

The whole episode was excellent. The very long walk to the dragonpit was perfect given the complaints with speeding everything up.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Not sure about Dothraki. Defo the second sons iirc.
How many in second sons?

Ahhh ffs, this wait until the final season (or second half of the final season if you will), is going to be agonizing.
I think 2000 strong.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Dead I'm guessing. Looks like the whole of Eastwatch pretty much caved in.
They were on top of the wall looking down. The part of the wall that fell was the bit ending into the sea (which was the location of the castle). So they're still alive on top of the wall I think.

Sylar

Aye maybe. I hope it was him Saying that he's coming for him because those two need to fight each other.
Thats how I took it. Hound knew it was a chance to kill Mountain, but it was not the right time.
but hes wanted to get him and he eventually will, when the right time comes.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
So im going to assume, Rhaeger, Danny and Viscerys mum and dad, mad king whomever their mother was, were related?

Targaryens are known for incest, and i cant understand why Jon has black hair..

The fact that John has black hair, makes me wonder why Ned was so shocked that Joffrey and the rest had blonde hair, as clearly hair colour can change.

Deleted member 101472

Dead I'm guessing. Looks like the whole of Eastwatch pretty much caved in.
If those two were dead, we'd know for sure.

Although not sure what their purpose would be. Bran knows what's going on so he can tell everyone.

Also, we had bran tell us what he can do, see the past and see things that are happening. He can't see into the future?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
So im going to assume, Rhaeger, Danny and Viscerys mum and dad, mad king whomever their mother was, were related?

The fact that John has black hair, makes me wonder why Ned was so shocked that Joffrey and the rest had blonde hair, as clearly hair colour can change.
It was more that all Baratheons had black hair. Presumably the Targaryens all had the same hair because they were all inbreeding. Rhaegar then made off with a Stark, which wasn't really a known combination.

Pscholes18

THERES ONLY ONE AEGON, THERES ONLY ONE AEGON, THERES ONLY ONEEEE AEEEEEEGON, THERES ONLY ONE AEGON......

Aegon fecking Targaryan! Good finale.....Cersi still the cnut u love to hate, knew Euron leaving like that was just bs....Sansa had me fooled.... thought she was buying all that LF bs.....I did like Lf, but he had to go....dragon took down Eastwatch very easily.....so what was it breasthing? Assuming it was ice? Aegon and Dany finally hitting it.....they set iup as if something is going to happen beforeEfore they can tell him.

Half of Eastwatch was still standing....I'm sure T & B are still alive.

RDCR07

The Mad King had three children - Rhaegar, Viserys and Daenerys. Jon is Rhaegar's son. Hence Jon is heir to the throne and nephew of Dany. Jon could have black hair cause he could have taken up after his mother, like Beric said in the previous episode.

R'hllor

Brilliant episode. Some brilliant acting. Star of the episode for me was : Jaime fecking lannister. I thought he was a goner but he is now gone from kings landing . The best written character for me.Would love to see him interacting with danny, jon and his biggest nemesis brann:D.

Overall a wonderful episode.
Dont think they gonna trust him right away.

RDCR07

He had already briefed his commanders and told them to head north by the time Cersei came and had a chat with him.
Maybe he can convince them that Cersei is finally batshit crazy and bring the Lannister armies north, as was their original objective.
He could try but Queen is the Queen no matter how crazy. They know she will have them murdered for disobeying her and that could weigh in on their decision.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
One thing I don't understand is that this season has deliberately forced us to focus on the "real war" from beyond The Wall, but the biggest bomb of the episode was revealing that Jon is the heir to the Iron Throne. Is Jon really going to abandon everything that's made him who he is and feck Daenerys over so he can have the crown? I'm not sure it's in is nature at all. Whenever he's been put in a position of power it's never been what he wanted, he's just taken up the reigns because there was nobody else. His entire existence is the result of being a Stark bastard - he won't change that much because Sam and Bran tell him he's a legitimate Targ, will he?

Deleted member 101472

One thing I don't understand is that this season has deliberately forced us to focus on the "real war" from beyond The Wall, but the biggest bomb of the episode was revealing that Jon is the heir to the Iron Throne. Is Jon really going to abandon everything that's made him who he is and feck Daenerys over so he can have the crown? I'm not sure it's in is nature at all. Whenever he's been put in a position of power it's never been what he wanted, he's just taken up the reigns because there was nobody else. His entire existence is the result of being a Stark bastard - he won't change that much because Sam and Bran tell him he's a legitimate Targ, will he?
If they tell him

FéNaSeleção

If there's anything I've learned from this show: a character isn't dead until they state it blatantly. Tormund and Beric are probably somewhere. Maybe another floating up to the surface and gasping for air scene like we've recently seen with Jon and Jaime.

Sylar

Would be funny if Dany finds out Jon is the real heir. And it makes her conflicted despite everything she has said so far.
Even if Jon comes out and says, nah, dont want it anyway.

If those two were dead, we'd know for sure.

Although not sure what their purpose would be. Bran knows what's going on so he can tell everyone.

Also, we had bran tell us what he can do, see the past and see things that are happening. He can't see into the future?
Seems like he cant, otherwise I think he would have mentioned it. And probably would told Jon ensure a dragon isnt taken to the fight :lol:
Maybe only the NK can?

RDCR07

Yeah I think he is too nice to go back on his word. Remember he proclaimed Dany as his queen and he is a man of his word. He made that abundantly clear in this episode. I think when the time he might give up his claim or she might for him. Just hope they are both alive at the end to face that problem.

Deleted member 101472

Would be funny if Dany finds out Jon is the real heir. And it makes her conflicted despite everything she has said so far.
Even if Jon comes out and says, nah, dont want it anyway.

Seems like he cant, otherwise I think he would have mentioned it. And probably would told Jon ensure a dragon isnt taken to the fight :lol:
Maybe only the NK can?
3 eyed raven plans from the past, NK from the future. Works for me. NK is awesome.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
If they tell him
Apparently - this is just based off something I heard on a Game of Thrones podcast a couple of weeks ago - GRRM's initial plan, way back before he even started the series, was to have Jon and Arya as an incestuous couple, fighting their feelings and suffering tonnes of internal conflict because their relationship was disgusting. Maybe the show writers will work that into Jon and Daenerys' relationship if he ever finds out? If Sam, Gilly and Bran have anything about them, and I'd like to believe they do, saying nothing might just be the best course of action.

Pscholes18

Honestly we wont know until they start filming which isnt till October. I am still saying late next year.
With the way some of the writing went this season and from what I've heard about the dbl ds being tired of the show, I can see a S8 in 2018.

Sylar

Somebody needs to make a video of Jamie and Bronn saying "its all about cocks"
then cut to cockless Theon winning a fight... cos he has no cock.

3 eyed raven plans from the past, NK from the future. Works for me. NK is awesome.
Yeah, it would be great and make them even more dangerous. I guess people would question how can the NK ever be defeated if he knows the future, but, infinite possibilities and such.

FéNaSeleção

Is Jon really going to abandon everything that's made him who he is and feck Daenerys over so he can have the crown?
Jon wouldn't do that, no. But what will Daenerys think? How will she react? Could she go a bit nutty like she has several times in the past? The seemingly most romantic route is for them to marry and rule together: Jon fulfills his destiny as a Targaryen, and Daenerys finally gets what she desires. However, this show never takes the easy route, does it?