Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Loads have read stuff.

There have been leaks for season 8 too, and as much as the guys who've read them claim bullshit, those theories have already creeped in here. So be very careful if people want to at least try to stay unsullied for the end season! :lol:
I'm hundred percent sure that season 8 leaks are bullshit. Anyway I'm not sure what to do about this stuff. I'm considering making a free-for-all thread where everybody could chime in and make the TV thread speculation free. I dunno its frustrating.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I don't think the entire Wall is going to come down. The dead army might be powerful but it took decades to build the thing and it's 700 feet by 300 miles. Enough will come down for the ancient curses to be broken and for the dead to pass through but Castle Black will be left standing. However, once the Night's Watch are aware of the Night King bringing his forces south they'll immediately flee to Winterfell. It's usually the Warden of the North who carries out the sentence of beheading any deserters from Castle Black but I can't see Sansa or Jon choosing to do that when the White Walkers are an imminent threat.
This was the one I went back to having having the last episode ruined for me. So fecking blatant it's unreal :lol:

This is incredible stuff really, feck this.

Woodzy

I just think that as long as speculation is spoiler tagged with a title that says 'Speculation', then we should be fine... but I know it's not always that simple.

Redlambs

I'm hundred percent sure that season 8 leaks are bullshit. Anyway I'm not sure what to do about this stuff. I'm considering making a free-for-all thread where everybody could chime in and make the TV thread speculation free. I dunno its frustrating.
I dunno, the only ones I read were the original first two eps ones and based on those last few episodes, they seem pretty likely that some of it is going to happen.

But yeah, this thread is done. Too many people were at it, way more than actually weren't :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Loads have read stuff.

There have been leaks for season 8 too, and as much as the guys who've read them claim bullshit, those theories have already creeped in here. So be very careful if people want to at least try to stay unsullied for the end season! :lol:
Reading the stuff and presenting it as their theories? God he predicted what happens in what episode, he either read the script or he is the director.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I dunno, the only ones I read were the original first two eps ones and based on those last few episodes, they seem pretty likely that some of it is going to happen.

But yeah, this thread is done. Too many people were at it, way more than actually weren't :lol:
Yeah they're hundred percent fake. If you read the scripts then the person has also added in their own commentary which seems stupid considering they haven't returned to shoot yet.

Redlambs

Yeah they're hundred percent fake. If you read the scripts then the person has also added in their own commentary which seems stupid considering they haven't returned to shoot yet.
I really hope so. In any case, people still shouldn't be using them in here. But I guess there's no way to stop that.

You tried your best bud! But you'd have to ban nearly all of us in here from the thread for one thing or another now :lol:

freeurmind

weak willed
How is Jon the rightful heir? Robert won the throne by conquest, it's not his fault the Lannisters acted the way they did before he got to King's Landing. He has no trueborn sons or daughters and neither did his brothers, so Cersei is rightfully queen.

freeurmind

weak willed
Also, so if the wall was keeping the WWs out, why on earth did they go north to capture the wight? Wouldn't it make more sense just to man the wall properly and defend from there? By going there, they gave them the means by which the wall came down. I was expecting Bran's mark to be the reason why they could cross the wall.

Great episode. My only nitpick is the Arya and Sansa scene after Littlefinger dies. I wanted more reminiscing and more dialogue and a longer scene and ideally for Bran to be there as well. No mention of Rob, Lady Stark or Rickon, no mention of the wolves. I was expecting to hear something about killing Lannisters, the north remembering and winter being here. Just sort of disappointing for me since the Stark's redemption has been the most compelling angle for me and that moment just felt unsatisfying.

foolsgold

How is Jon the rightful heir? Robert won the throne by conquest, it's not his fault the Lannisters acted the way they did before he got to King's Landing. He has no trueborn sons or daughters and neither did his brothers, so Cersei is rightfully queen.
Robert was a usurping pig dog.

Jagga7

I thought the first 40-50mins was boring and really cringey, everything after and including Baelishs death was much better.

The NK riding the dragon really made me laugh. It looked quite odd, he wasn't even moving.

I'm glad Sansa and Ayra are properly united, but why did they have to make Ayra so creepy in earlier episodes.

The whole lets show Cersei an undead was the worst plot line in the show and it was only magnified in this episode.

It took Bran 7 episodes to do something but at least they finally included him.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
The way they killed Baelish felt so unnecessary, not Stark-like at all.

But holy fecking shit that was one epic episode.

Glad they toned down the weird teleporting for the last episode.

Andersons Dietician

Tyrian standing in the dark in the hallway listening to the quality time between an Aunt and her Nephew. What did people make of that? Think he was jealous or just like crud my home boy Jorah.

Hal9000

Tyrian standing in the dark in the hallway listening to the quality time between an Aunt and her Nephew. What did people make of that? Think he was jealous or just like crud my home boy Jorah.
The way i read it as that, he tells Jon that sometimes it's important to tell a lie. When he later speaks with Cersei a big point is made about how much he loved and regrets that all her children died, he then finds out Cersei is pregnant and the meeting cuts. So i think he's possible he's switched sides or at least he knows about Cersei's plan and is either spying or feeling shame for sending Jon and Dany up north based on a lie.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Really enjoyed that finale.

It had everything... Reunions aplenty, Littlefinger wimpering like a little girl, Cersei being a megabitch, incest, zombie giants, a disabled boy staring at a tree...10/10 would watch again.

Hammerfell

I have to say that episode was perfect for me. Didn't think it was slow at any point, but then I much preferred the pacing of previous seasons. It had everything I wanted.

And zombie dragons breathe blue fire.

Fully Fledged

Remarkable foresight.

You quite clearly have read summaries of leaked episodes, because that's far too detailed a "guess" at a timeline prior to a single episode being aired. This thread takes itself a bit too seriously, and I don't particularly care on a personal level (so long as it's all enclosed in spoiler tags, I won't read it anyway) but you should really admit it at this stage if others are calling you out on it.
All of this was available in the trailers before the show aired. My thoughts were along the same lines. You didn't need spoilers to arrive at these conclusions they gave you the information before the show aired.

It wasn't the only conclusion that could be reached. You could have believed that Sansa would fall for LF's schemes and I think in the show she was until LF played his little game at the end. I think he had her up until his last question. Why would she want you dead?
The fact is Arya never wanted to be a lady and Sansa knows this. LF not understanding Arya was where his plan fell apart and the blinkers fell off.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Why do people feel the need to make these 'predictions' anyway? Nobody is impressed if you get them right. It's just a soap opera with tits and dragons and in recent seasons has become marginally less predictable than the outcome of McGregor Vs Mayweather.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
So in the end the WW didn't have any special magic to actually get beyond the wall. Meaning had Jon and co never gone to capture an undead and lost a dragon, the whites would have been permanently stuck on the other side of it, meaning there would have been no war!

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
So in the end the WW didn't have any special magic to actually get beyond the wall. Meaning had Jon and co never gone to capture an undead and lost a dragon, the whites would have been permanently stuck on the other side of it, meaning there would have been no war!
Nah, they would have just had to climb it and fight through if there was no magic.

Edit: your post should be spoilered, no?

Fully Fledged

My guess is he's lamenting the fact they're together now because it's got the potential to end in disaster if things go wrong. Especially since it was paired with the doom of the Rhaegar/Lyanna relationship. But the way he was standing there was a bit like when you're at a party and want to go home, but you have to get your jacket from a bedroom but get the impression something's going on inside, leaving you awkwardly lingering for a while.
Or maybe the opposite and he's hoping for an heir for the succession he is always on about.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This season has been epic in terms of cinematography and 'wow' moments but story wise it's been absolutely all over the place. The Greyjoys are random as feck, popping up now and then to remind you they exist, Jon Snow and his band of brothers are seemingly invincible and this isn't even mentioning the dumb time travel. I get why they're doing it but they could have done it in a way that didn't make it so obviously ludicrous. I doubt they give a feck though with the amount of money they're raking in.

Simbo

Great finale, back to its best from the Littlefinger scene onwards. Loved the shot of King's Landing in the dark with the snow falling...