Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Ygritte is annoying, she gets some really good lines but the delivery is so forced they always fall flat.

Oona Chaplin's bum is better than her grandfather's.

I can't feel sorry for Theon, I mean I have compassion for the pain he's going through but my god he's a cnut.

Charles Dance was great again.

Bronn needs his own series or something, so underutillised.

The Jaime story is really keeping the show going at the moment. Does he love oafette or is it just a friendship? Will Cersei and Tywin turn him back to his old self if/when he gets back to King's landing. I've got a feeling we may see his cnutish (or perhaps maybe knutish) side before the season is out.
People say this about Masuka in Dexter and they're wrong. If he had more screen time he would simply become tedious, saying the same things all the time.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I found the latest episode rather boring.

Jon and Ygritte's story is dreadful, it just drags on with nothing happening, her trying to be smart and as soon as she doesn't agree saying "you know nothing Jon Snow". Oh do shut up.

Bran's story is at a standstill, nothing happening there. Arya is one of my favourite characters but her story is also a bit dead at the moment, might pick up a bit. She just spent the episode being nasty to Thoros and Beric. Ok, we get it, they betrayed Gendry. Sansa is incredibly dull, nothing happening there. Doesn't help that the actress is ugly and can't act. Even Daenerys is starting to annoy me, spending her time betraying her word a being a right little bitch. Yeah her dragons are cool, but her storyline didn't really advance much. And don't get me started with Robb whose scene was only there to show us his wife's bum which we hadn't seen in a while.

The two scenes that were genuinely very good were the ones with Charles Dance addressing his grandson, and Jaime talking to the doctor. Jaime is my favourite character and I feel the actor is doing great justice to the development he's going through, really bringing flesh to the moral dilemmas he's constantly faced with.

It felt like another filler episode, just like the previous one. Hope the speed picks up a bit last week, the good thing I could say about the first season was that in each episode time flew by, I don't really feel the same way anymore. I feel a lot of episodes drag on despite having so many different narratives in place.

That'sHernandez

Have a word with yourself, Danaerys' story is great. She's winning hearts and minds through freeing slaves, if you don't understand what she is doing and why she's doing it, that's your problem and not the story's. She hasn't betrayed her word once.

That'sHernandez

I don't find Sansa particularly attractive myself but I wouldn't call her ugly.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Didn't particularly like the ending like others, infact it was disappointing.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Have a word with yourself, Danaerys' story is great. She's winning hearts and minds through freeing slaves, if you don't understand what she is doing and why she's doing it, that's your problem and not the story's. She hasn't betrayed her word once.
Of course she has, when she freed the Unsullied. You might argue that burning the merchant alive after transfer of the goods was implicitly not part of the deal, wouldn't you? And her whole stance is completely hypocritical. She's against slavery but has used the concept to her advantage (notably only freeing the Unsullied after she had destroyed the city). I agree her story is brilliant by the way, but I think the evolution of the character was most interesting during the first season. Second season she didn't do much, now she's actually active but I feel the writting lacks a bit of subtetly when it comes to her storyline. It's all a bit too straightforward for me.

And no way is Sansa ugly.
I don't find Sansa particularly attractive myself but I wouldn't call her ugly.
To each his own I guess, I really find her unattractive. Ugly might have been too strong, I use the word pretty freely to be honest. But I find it hard to go along with the fact she's meant to be one of the most beautiful girls in Westeros.

That'sHernandez

There's a difference between you finding someone attractive and them being ugly.

acnumber9

I think the show is starting to buckle under the weight of trying to follow the books. The series has been relatively dull and difficult to follow and the characters are not progressing at all. Another season like this and it may not make it to the end.

Drainy

Arya is one of my favourite characters but her story is also a bit dead at the moment, might pick up a bit. She just spent the episode being nasty to Thoros and Beric. Ok, we get it, they betrayed Gendry.
Yes, it was a filler episode with a general theme of 'relationships, love and sex in Westeros'

I'll just point out that Arya has now been kidnapped by The Hound.. so something did happen in her storyline.

Moby

Dick
I'm sorry, what?
How many times have we seen the youngest child of a popular character watching him killed and probably the rest of the family (not in this case because Sansa and Catelyn are fecking useless and no one gives a shit about them) and then get trained and look for revenge? It is there in every similar show. She looks like the one who will kill Joffrey, which would hardly be surprising. Whatever she will do will be far from logical.

Member 39557

Yes, it was a filler episode with a general theme of 'relationships, love and sex in Westeros'

I'll just point out that Arya has now been kidnapped by The Hound.. so something did happen in her storyline.
Jaime freed Brienne, Arya got Kidnapped, Dany basically declared war on a new city and we found out Rob Stark's due to be a father. Quite a lot happened really, but it was swamped a bit by involving too many characters.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
How many times have we seen the youngest child of a popular character watching him killed and probably the rest of the family (not in this case because Sansa and Catelyn are fecking useless and no one gives a shit about them) and then get trained and look for revenge? It is there in every similar show. She looks like the one who will kill Joffrey, which would hardly be surprising. Whatever she will do will be far from logical.
The way the show is written it's much more likely she stays useless for 3 more seasons, probably almost dying at one point and then looking for her face-changing friend and taking lessons in becoming an assassin for 2 more seasons while Joffrey is killed by a yet unknown sister of a yet unknown whore which he humiliated at one point for no reason. Filled with anger because she couldn't carry out her revenge she becomes the villain and is killed by Bran because he couldn't convince her to stop.

Still I agree, her character is one huge cliche. The stories around her are pretty interesting though.

Zen86

Is it me or does the actress playing Sansa seems to have large shoulders ?
She does have some quite broad shoulders and neck.

As for her general looks, she's far from ugly and even if she was, give her a fecking break, she's only 17 or so.

On a side note, Jaime's quickly becoming my favourite character on the show, surprising considering how much I hated him in the first season.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
The best looking actress in the show is.... the dwarfs whore in my opinion.

Theon's balls. :nervous:

Arya would have known what margaery was talking about better than Sansa. The actress is blonde in real life, says a lot really.
Devil!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's not doing that at all, he's just disagreeing with your opinion on her, like I am. Don't be a dick.

binary bot
Arya Speculation
I think it's clear she's going to have a major impact, she's probably come into contact with the most different families/people in the story and her storyline seems to have loads of emphasis put on it despite it not being significant thus far.