Gay footballers | Czech Republic international Jakub Jankto comes out as gay

Strachans Cigar

You're homophobic. Just reiterating unless you didn't understand earlier.
Whatever. Got up close and personal with the same sex more than quite a few on here. Sorry, didn’t take photos to verify that at the time. So I’m homophobic because I decided it ultimately wasn’t for me?

I mean, if the Caf say so, it *must* be so.

So I’ll just reiterate something as well. Just so we are clear. Not got a problem whatsoever with people being gay. It’s their choice. However, ultimately I don’t think it can be classed as normal behaviour on the basis of pure biology and absolutely nothing I’ve heard in here has refuted that particular -blindingly obvious- point.

And when the aggressive LGBT agenda starts taking over pure common sense, as with the PCC of Cheshire Police, yeah, I have a problem with that.

stepic

Whatever. Got up close and personal with the same sex more than quite a few on here. Sorry, didn’t take photos to verify that at the time. So I’m homophobic because I decided it ultimately wasn’t for me?

So I’ll just reiterate something as well. Just so we are clear. Not got a problem whatsoever with people being gay. It’s their choice. However, ultimately I don’t think it can be classed as normal behaviour on the basis of pure biology and absolutely nothing I’ve heard in here has refuted that particular -blindingly obvious- point.

And when the aggressive LGBT agenda starts taking over pure common sense, as with the PCC of Cheshire Police, yeah, I have a problem with that.
You have already accepted earlier in the thread that there is homosexuality in the animal kingdom. Are you suggesting that animals also choose to be gay?

schwarzfahren

Who the feck would 'choose' to be gay? I love who I am now, but lord knows I tried so hard for 10+ years to 'choose' to be straight. It would certainly make my life easier.

Strachans Cigar

You have already accepted earlier in the thread that there is homosexuality in the animal kingdom. Are you suggesting that animals also choose to be gay?
Not enough is known about that for science (still less mere me) to conclude anything at the present time. Maybe they do, yeah. One example being a comparative few not being able to attract the opposite sex to mate therefore ‘having to choose’ a member of their own sex. Bit like the old stereotype of humans in prisons for long periods having no alternative?

Like I say, lot more research needed.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah I do. I was unsure, hence the dabbling. Wasn’t for me. Maybe for others though.

Wait? Are you saying it’s genetic?

Proof please.
Proof it's a choice?

You don't understand biology.

Strachans Cigar

You don't understand biology.
I totally understand that it is no coincidence whatsoever that a Penis is usually a very good fit for a Vagina. And by engaging in that action, it procreates this species. Seems pretty normal to me.

Certainly a better fit & design than certain alternatives.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Not enough is known about that for science (still less mere me) to conclude anything at the present time. Maybe they do, yeah. One example being a comparative few not being able to attract the opposite sex to mate therefore ‘having to choose’ a member of their own sex. Bit like the old stereotype of humans in prisons for long periods having no alternative?

Like I say, lot more research needed.
That explains your dabbling, but not why there is homosexuality in the animal kingdom

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
I think the best point made in this thread with regard to the difficulty for an elite level player to come out is the range and diversity of cultural and religious backgrounds and beliefs in most squads. Even if a teammate of an unaccepting background was individually fine and supportive of it you can imagine the difficulty and potential drama any time that player was say on international duty back in his own nation and the questions he would face and the potential headlines as a result.

MAME DIOUF 32

I totally understand that it is no coincidence whatsoever that a Penis is usually a very good fit for a Vagina. And by engaging in that action, it procreates this species. Seems pretty normal to me.

Certainly a better fit & design than certain alternatives.
It's natural for a segment of the human population not to want or need to procreate in a grossly overpopulated world.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think the best point made in this thread with regard to the difficulty for an elite level player to come out is the range and diversity of cultural and religious backgrounds and beliefs in most squads. Even if a teammate of an unaccepting background was individually fine and supportive of it you can imagine the difficulty and potential drama any time that player was say on international duty back in his own nation and the questions he would face and the potential headlines as a result.
Correct. A lot of players hail from countries that are not as progressed on this issue.

Red Stone

I totally understand that it is no coincidence whatsoever that a Penis is usually a very good fit for a Vagina.
So I'm not allowed to have anal or oral sex with my girlfriend any more? Man, she's going to be so bummed... although not literally.

Halftrack

Who the feck would 'choose' to be gay? I love who I am now, but lord knows I tried so hard for 10+ years to 'choose' to be straight. It would certainly make my life easier.
For the attention, obviously. You want to kiss your girlfriend in public for shock value, and ram your gayness down the throat of upstanding and clearly not bigoted people like @Strachans Cigar and @Le Red.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I don't see why we should care who they sleep with in the privacy of their own homes? What matters is on the pitch.

Jacob

Is it still frowned upon not having a liberal view on homosexuality? Is it OK not to accept other peoples' opinions as facts? Just checking.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Is it still frowned upon not having a liberal view on homosexuality? Is it OK not to accept other peoples' opinions as facts? Just checking.
Don’t dance around it, give us your thoughts

matt10000

Based on what you say the only normal behaviour for a penis is pissing and reproduction! Therefore wanking, blowjobs, tit wanks, toe jobs, bum fun.....all not normal? How about sex standing up? That reduces the chance of getting pregnant so that must be abnormal? How about contraception? God no that means you are doing it for fun instead of for reproduction that must be abnormal? How about if you have had the snip or or infertile? No chance of babies so abnormal?

Last edited:

Tarrou

what the hell is that supposed to that mean?

Halftrack

Define the "liberal view" you're talking about, and we might be able to provide you with an answer.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Depends on what your view is really. Having a cnutish view will certainly be frowned upon. Try not to be a cnut would be my advice.

Jam

“The aggressive LGBT agenda”

Jesus. And what’s this aggressive agenda? Celebrating their identity which has historically (in comparatively recent times, this century) been prosecuted and hated?

If they want to hold a big ol’ gay parade in your city let them. They’re not trying to turn your children gay, they’re not trying to make you gay, they’re not trying to make the human race extinct. They want relationships with the people they like and to celebrate their own sub-culture.

They’re “normal”. What isn’t normal is in 2019 still holding bigoted views and saying other people aren’t “normal” based on your limited world view.

Why don’t you take your own “aggressive agenda” else where.

...what.

Homosexuality being fine isn’t an opinion. It’s a fact. Accepting LGBT isn’t a “liberal view”, it’s basic human decency.

Please. Don’t mince your words; tell us directly what you’re hinting at behind this post?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The fact that you see being accepting of people’s sexuality as liberal says everything. It shouldn’t be a liberal view it should be a world view. If two people love each other then that’s a great thing, it does not matter who loves who.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
Is it the socio economic make up of football clubs fan base that makes it hard for a gay footballer to come out?

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
It is simply inconceivable that their are not high profile gay footballers. IF one did come out they would be pilloried and hassled and until that reality changes the status quo will persist

MalcolmTucker

From what some of the guys have mentioned here about not being able to show their true selves must not only be hard, it must also affect their careers.

When you look at the "marketable" players, it seems that the actual football they produce is becoming less important in comparison to their online presence.

For example, I know Pogba is an extremely talented footballer, but he hasn't exactly pulled up trees over the last couple of seasons, but he's still valued as one of the most expensive men in football. Because he's marketable. And from what I can see, he's marketable because of his social media presence.

The reason I mention it is that if a gay footballer can't show his whole life on social media, he's less marketable, so wanted less, so is paid less and is transferred for less. If that is the case, it's a pretty shit situation. ,
This is the real tragedy, footballers that want to shamelessly show-off their lives earning £100k instead of £200k p/w because they can't show a picture of them with their partners in the Seychelles on instagram.

Bwuk

It is simply inconceivable that their are not high profile gay footballers. IF one did come out they would be pilloried and hassled and until that reality changes the status quo will persist
I’d be very surprised if there isn’t at least one gay player in the top 6.

The players will know if there team mates are gay etc. Games changed, they won’t care. It’s the clowns online and idiots at games the player would get abuse from.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Shall we do a sweepstakes on which page Jacob pretends to be gay to ‘prove’ how stupid white knighting liberals are? I’m going with 22.

Last edited:

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
It's funny all "liberal" want everyone to come public about what they do in their sex life. Also it's funny that being gay its normal but everyone wants to know what the hell it's happening in the life of someone who is gay. If it's something that no one should care and be accepted why is it important for people to know who or what sex they shag? Do you also ask players to come state if they are straight?

Fingeredmouse

I don't think I can post meaningfully in this thread without losing my head and getting banned: suffice to say, going by some of the posts in here, it is clear why footballers still feel the need to conceal their sexuality if it deviates from heterosexual.
@Bruno Marques : You're missing the point so spectacularly with the sentence "Its funny all "liberal" want everyone to come public about what they do in their sex life" (sic) that I struggle to believe that sentence has been written in good faith.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Caf’s Law: Anyone vocally opposed to the promotion of out gay players in football under the disingenuous cloak of “why should anyone care?” is only ever a maximum of 9 posts away from pretending to be black to win an argument on the Internet.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I don't think I can post meaningfully in this thread without losing my head and getting banned: suffice to say, going by some of the posts in here, it is clear why footballers still feel the need to conceal their sexuality if it deviates from heterosexual.
@Bruno Marques : You're missing the point so spectacularly with the sentence "Its funny all "liberal" want everyone to come public about what they do in their sex life" (sic) that I struggle to believe that sentence has been written in good faith.
This is like the blackface thread all over again...It seems to be winding down, then another weapon charges in.

Denis79

Crazy how the lottery of birth controls so much when it comes to social acceptance, scary even. I was given the winning lottery, white, male and hetero-sexual, of course this makes me entitled to love, respect and higher wages. feck me how broken this world is...