General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Are we expecting a swing to May after the events in London? I was expecting a swing to Tories after Manchester, as the public often does swing to the right in times like these, but perhaps that's complicated by May having overseen police cuts which are now under immense scrutiny.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Are we expecting a swing to May after the events in London? I was expecting a swing to Tories after Manchester, as the public often does swing to the right in times like these, but perhaps that's complicated by May having overseen police cuts which are now under immense scrutiny.
I'm expecting it to be irrelevant.

My uninformed thoughts are that the country seems pretty unaffected by the London attack and that at this stage in the campaign the only thing that makes much of a difference (assuming no monumental cock-ups) is what side of bed we wake up in on Thursday.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Jez seems to have backtracked on his tactical masterstroke from earlier

Ubik

Indeed.

I should have said the tory government, she was an integral part of it since 2010 though, and fallon is still there. you get him with may.
Trouble with that is, Corbyn is literally on video at a rally a few years back calling for further cuts to the military and to scrap Trident.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Jez seems to have backtracked on his tactical masterstroke from earlier

It really wasn't much of anything, in the same way that it wasn't a masterstroke this recent comment isn't really much of a backtrack.

The original video

DenisIrwin

I'm expecting it to be irrelevant.

My uninformed thoughts are that the country seems pretty unaffected by the London attack and that at this stage in the campaign the only thing that makes much of a difference (assuming no monumental cock-ups) is what side of bed we wake up in on Thursday.
...whilst the uniformed thoughts run contrary

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
...whilst the uniformed thoughts run contrary
Quite. There seems to be a consensus that is helps the Conservative campaign.

As I've said before, in some thread or another, Manchester didn't seem to boost the Tories and Cox's murder didn't seem to help Remain, so I'm skeptical as to whether these things make a noteworthy difference.

Ubik

Oh dear. Not another case of the text misrepresenting the video! Becoming a bit of a habit with Corbyn isn't it?
Wait, he literally says "indeed I would" to a question about whether he'd back calls for her to resign. The text says "he would back calls". Where is the misrepresentation this time?

Dobba

Wait, he literally says "indeed I would" to a question about whether he'd back calls for her to resign. The text says "he would back calls". Where is the misrepresentation this time?
He literally clarifies it at the end of the clip, after hearing the question, that the election is the best opportunity to deal with it. A clip that is a whole 31 seconds long, Ubik.
So he's hardly 'backtracked on his tactical masterstroke from earlier' as you so eloquently put it has he?

montpelier

I'm still inclined to be thinking that more Plod is a better idea for identifying, monitoring & generally catching all kinds of bad guy than less Plod is.

Ubik

He literally clarifies it at the end of the clip, after hearing the question. A clip that is a whole 31 seconds long, Ubik.
So he's hardly 'backtracked on his tactical masterstroke from earlier' as you so eloquently put it has he?
So, he did back calls for her to resign then?

Fully Fledged

It really wasn't much of anything, in the same way that it wasn't a masterstroke this recent comment isn't really much of a backtrack.

The original video

So in the original interview he said that we have a election on Thursday and that's the best way to deal with it.

then he back tracks to Sky by saying.

"I think we should vote on Thursday to decide who our MPs are and decide who our government is."

Isn't that the same message.

Dobba

So, he did back calls for her to resign then?
:lol: You're brilliant. I'm going to miss your inability to watch video and instead simply take the text as gospel, when the election is over.

Another longer more revealing excerpt...
How odd that the BBC chose not to include the shoot to kill bit immediately after he talks about the election. At the very least you'd think they'd appreciate the shout-out he gives the BBC Trust!

So in the original interview he said that we have a election on Thursday and that's the best way to deal with it. Then he back tracks to Sky by saying:

"I think we should vote on Thursday to decide who our MPs are and decide who our government is."

To the untrained eye, yes. But, because the text says he's backtracking, he's 100% backtracking and nothing like say... video footage, can change that.

montpelier

''Conservative candidate Maria Caulfield and a group of tactical voting campaigners are engaged in a war of words following a Sound of Music inspired protest in Lewes.''

http://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/news/lewes-election-protest-sparks-war-of-words-1-7993725

''...campaigners dressed as nuns sang an adapted version of the Sound of Music’s ‘How do solve a problem like Maria?’, with lyrics changed to criticise Ms Caulfield’s record as the constituency’s MP.''

Ms Caulfield criticised the protest - “The tolerant left at their best in Lewes yesterday preaching hate.''

Smores

So in the original interview he said that we have a election on Thursday and that's the best way to deal with it.

then he back tracks to Sky by saying.

Yeah but he breathed in between the statements so its okay or something....

Ubik

:lol: You're brilliant. I'm going to miss your inability to watch video and instead simply take the text as gospel, when the election is over.

How odd that the BBC chose not to include the shoot to kill bit immediately after he talks about the election.

To the untrained eye, yes. But, because the text says he's backtracking, he's 100% backtracking and nothing like...say video footage, can change that.
I miss your frequent references to immigration mugs and abstainers that stopped after Corbyn pledged controls on immigration and put forward a manifesto that did this to the poorest
All things have to end, I suppose.

Dobba

I miss your frequent references to immigration mugs and abstainers that stopped after Corbyn pledged controls on immigration and put forward a manifesto that did this to the poorest. All things have to end, I suppose.
We've already been there Ubik and I said it was shite, but you know this already. Are we going to complete the hattrick of you ignoring video tomorrow because the last two days have featured some absolute crackers on your part.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

DenisIrwin

The UK's intelligence failure elephant is shown to be in the room and the MSM have to acknowledge it.

Ubik

We've already been there Ubik and I said it was shite, but you know this already. Are we going to complete the hattrick of you ignoring video tomorrow because the last two days have featured some absolute crackers on your part.
You said the return of the mug policy was "less than ideal" or something, and blamed the rightwing of the party for the benefit policy. For someone who continually talked about mugs and abstainers, it seems to have gone down your priorities list.

Fully Fledged

Is there a video of him telling Sky that he did not think she should resign as they are reporting?

Jeremy Corbyn has said he does not think Theresa May should quit over police cuts just hours after suggesting she should resign.

DenisIrwin

Anti-terrorism voting records:

Cabinet:
Prime Minster - Theresa May (18.1% for)
Home Secretary - Amber Rudd (100% for (she only had the one vote))
Foreign Secretary - Boris Johnson (16.1% for)
Defence Secretary - Michael Fallon (18.1% for)

Shadow Cabinet:
Leader of the Opposition - Jeremy Corbyn (7.7% for)
Shadow Home Secretary - Diane Abbott (29.3% for)
Shadow Foreign Secretary - Emily Thornberry (92.4% for)
Shadow Defence Secretary - Nia Griffith (99.2% for)
Amazing! Has there ever been a worse use of stats?

Dobba

You said the return of the mug policy was "less than ideal" or something, and blamed the rightwing of the party for the benefit policy. For someone who continually talked about mugs and abstainers, it seems to have gone down your priorities list.
Oh so you already knew I'd spoken against it? It's the, for want of a better phrase, downside of having a democratic party. The alternative is what the Tories went with and had them rushing to clarify pledges because ministers hadn't seen them prior to the manifesto's release.

It isn't perfect but, there's enough in Labour's manifesto and backed up by the speech made on Saturday for me to back both it and Corbyn.

Ubik

Oh so you already knew I'd spoken against it? It's the, for want of a better phrase, downside of having a democratic party. The alternative is what the Tories went with and had them rushing to clarify pledges because ministers hadn't seen them prior to the manifesto's release.

It isn't perfect but, there's enough in Labour's manifesto and backed up by the speech made on Saturday for me to back both it and Corbyn.
So just to confirm, you were calling Corbyn/McDonnell "tory wannabe cnuts"? Because they were the ones in control of the manifesto, Rachael Reeves didn't break in to take them out.

It's shite and proof that the party is still full of absolute Tory wannabe cnuts. Next? Was I supposed to go in a Dan Hodges/centrist strop and vote for the Lib Dems or something?

Love abstainers being in quotes like it's up for debate, by the way.

Dobba

So just to confirm, you were calling Corbyn/McDonnell "tory wannabe cnuts"? Because they were the ones in control of the manifesto, Rachael Reeves didn't break in to take them out.
Nice try, Ubik. Clause V of the Labour Party rule book:
When not in Government the NEC, the Shadow Cabinet, the Parliamentary Committee of the Parliamentary Labour Party (‘PLP’), the Leaders of the Scottish and Welsh Labour Parties, and the Chair and three vice Chairs of the NPF and eight Trade Union members of the TULO Contact Group shall decide which items from the Party programme shall be included in the manifesto that shall be issued by the NEC prior to every general election. The joint meeting shall also define the attitude of the Party to the principal issues raised by the election which are not covered by the manifesto.
It is weird because this is the exact excuse given for why 'Red Ed's' manifesto wasn't as revolutionary as he'd have liked and nobody seems to have issue with it then.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
It is they have got a Labour Councilor Elif ERBIL voted in in 2017 and a Labour MP Joan Marie RYAN voted in in 2015.
We have a shit Labour council too. They've just wasted nearly £50m on a controversial cycle lane: which not only do very few people seem to use, but is even purportedly a danger to health. Should either a Have or a Have-not be unfortunate enough to require an ambulance, it'll now struggle to build up speed due to the road modifications. This, of course, would on its way to our one remaining A&E unit in the borough.

Ubik

Nice try, Ubik. Clause V of the Labour Party rule book:
They agree to it at the clause V meeting. You'll remember that the draft manifesto was leaked before that meeting, and it went through with no major revisions.

Dobba

They agree to it at the clause V meeting. You'll remember that the draft manifesto was leaked before that meeting, and it went through with no major revisions.
Which explains why Trident renewal isn't in it because Corbyn is famously against nuclear weapons and as he was, as you put it, 'in control of the manifesto' it naturally wouldn't make the cut. Oh hang on...