Get your league tables out for the lads

Il Tulipo Nero

We'll beat Everton, they're nothing special. They just had a bit of luck, they got found out last week against Reading and now theyre losing at home to Blackburn. And im confident at home against Chelsea aswell.

Ive been told Rooney could be back for the Everton game or Chelsea game at latest(yes, bizarre but I trust this guy) and Ronaldo's suspension will have ended.

People are seriously underrating United just because of a bad start, we've got around 8 players to come back, 2 of which come back tomorrow.

I am confident we won't be 17+ pts behind like Liverpool were in October. We're better than that, write us off at your peril.

MDFC Manager

there is a very real danger you could find yourselves in the position we were in last year, all but out of it by sepember. i think you lot will win tomorrow, but you have a few tough games coming up that i dont think you will win, against Everton and Chelsea, and if us, Chelsea and Arsenal keep winning, then you could find yourselves too farbehind all 3 and make catching all 3 pretty unlikely.

You cant really compare our current situation with yours last season. We have a much better attack and than you lot did last season and our defense isnt exactly being pummeled

MehdiMahdavikia

there is a very real danger you could find yourselves in the position we were in last year, all but out of it by sepember. i think you lot will win tomorrow, but you have a few tough games coming up that i dont think you will win, against Everton and Chelsea, and if us, Chelsea and Arsenal keep winning, then you could find yourselves too farbehind all 3 and make catching all 3 pretty unlikely.
I doubt it, compeltly different situation. United have dropped points agaisnt strong sides, a point at Portsmouth is a good result. Liverpool lost a bunch of easy games then couldn't recuperate the points in the tough ones. I'm a neutral and you Liverpool have been sounding pretty desperate for a while now, just look at United's side, they're going to challange just on wealth of talent alone because they could easily go on a long winning streak. It wouldn't shock me if they were top by November.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I don't mean to take the piss but in reality looking at the Liverpool team last season early on I just didn't think you could go on a long run of champions form sweeping everything aside and grinding out results. I always thought you would lose costly points along the way. Saying that you have a much better team this year and are on the edge but I don't see you being champions as of yet.

After last season and the way we have played football so far, clearly dominating teams, I believe we are capable of such a run and we aren't a massive total behind either. If we win tomorrow it will be 5 points behind Chelsea.

In my opinion, there are many a tough games but last season we managed to brush aside Everton and Spurs etc... I'm not saying we will do that again, I'm just saying that we will drop points unexpectedly, like we have already, but bouncing back from those is what helps the team to become champions.

Fred the bin dipper

Don't blame me mate, it's everyone else's fault.
You cant really compare our current situation with yours last season. We have a much better attack and than you lot did last season and our defense isnt exactly being pummeled
of course you can compare the two. and for a team with such a fantastic attack, why havent you been scoring goals? what is it now, 1 goal in your last 7 games in the premiership? last season we created chance after chance in the premeirship, but couldnt get the ball in the net. this season, in the 3 games you have played, you have done exactly that. your attack is not as good as it was last year, and a lot of your key players, Giggs, Scholes, VDS etc area year older and you cant expect them to perform to last years standards again. already this season, Scholes has looked well of the pace.

Fred the bin dipper

I don't mean to take the piss but in reality looking at the Liverpool team last season early on I just didn't think you could go on a long run of champions form sweeping everything aside and grinding out results. I always thought you would lose costly points along the way. Saying that you have a much better team this year and are on the edge but I don't see you being champions as of yet.

After last season and the way we have played football so far, clearly dominating teams, I believe we are capable of such a run and we aren't a massive total behind either. If we win tomorrow it will be 5 points behind Chelsea.

In my opinion, there are many a tough games but last season we managed to brush aside Everton and Spurs etc... I'm not saying we will do that again, I'm just saying that we will drop points unexpectedly, like we have already, but bouncing back from those is what helps the team to become champions.

last year you also brushed aside City and Reading. last year counts for exactly nothing.

Salvation

Damnation
We have the experience to recover from deficits, unlike you lot though, which has contributed to you not winning it all this while

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
of course you can compare the two. and for a team with such a fantastic attack, why havent you been scoring goals? what is it now, 1 goal in your last 7 games in the premiership? last season we created chance after chance in the premeirship, but couldnt get the ball in the net. this season, in the 3 games you have played, you have done exactly that. your attack is not as good as it was last year, and a lot of your key players, Giggs, Scholes, VDS etc area year older and you cant expect them to perform to last years standards again. already this season, Scholes has looked well of the pace.
So after 3 games (one of which missing Ronaldo, our best attacking player, and two and a half of them Rooney) you've concluded that our attack isn't as good as last year's? Or is it wishful thinking?

And statistically, it is indeed 1 goal in 7 games. Realistically, you should should factor in the things that come with having already got the premiership in the bag with 3 or so games to go. And why are we counting last year's games? "last year counts for nothing".

MDFC Manager

I somewhat agree with that but arent we comparing the start to the season? You were poor at the start especially at away games. We just cant score.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
You should change that to Giggs and maybe people will agree. You're probably going off the first game where Scholes had a poor game (by his standards) but since then he has been good, scoring our 1 goal so far.. :D

Fantastic attack you say? Thanks, but you of all people will know how many injuries and suspensions we have. We are just getting Ole & Saha back, Rooney out, Ronalda suspended, Tevez just come back into training and was a yard of the pace... Not that those are excuses mind..

last year you also brushed aside City and Reading. last year counts for exactly nothing.
Is that the only thing you could take out of my post? I said myself in the post I'm not saying that we will do the same again.. forget it.. Care to explain why you have that particular tagline?

CR#7

when we beat spurs, sunderland then everton THEN chelsea its ON! COMMON UNITED.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
why, because i have a different opinion and point of view to you?
Of course not, no, it's because you have said things like..

Liverpool themselves are much better off than they were last year nevermind United who were champions that same season and have added to the squad as well.. Comparing United to the Liverpool of last season is a little silly don't you think? As I said before you didn't look like a side that could go on such a good winning run and become champions, something that we did!

(I already posted a post on the above anyway)

In summary, our Prem season ended when we played City, not fielding our full first team after that until the start of this season. You say we have such a fantastic attack but have totally ignored the fact that such an attack hasn't been allowed to be fielded.. Also those players above are seasoned veteran's and have consistently been performing at good levels for years now, you can have the odd off game you know... And Scholes only looked off the pace in his first match.

Earlier I posted this..

And you could only come back with this...

Try to take a closer look at the last paragraph in my post which I have underlined..

because if you dare to post anything negative about you lot on here you are deemed as being on the wind up.
Posting negatively is one thing, doing it in such a manner one can only assume you're just taking the piss.. No?

Il Tulipo Nero

we'll all be banned and you lot will all be calling for Fergies head again.
Only idiots and the Liverpool fans pretending to be United fans would call for his head.

Fickle bastards, United are lucky to have the greatest manager in the history of british football, you know that, I know that and everybody else who know their football knows that.

Sir Alex could shoot me and id still love him forever

Il Tulipo Nero

You must obviously be a 'Premiership Pup', with no memory of Fergie's early years in charge.
Fergie wasn't sitting on his arse for a few years, he had a vision, he set up the new academy he would later enjoy the fruit of with several top class players being produced. Back then things werent as easy as they are now, he transformed the whole club.

And nothing a little jealous, bitter, pathetic bindipper like you say will change that. Get a grip of yourself. 'premiership pup' . Do you do know how silly you sound. Fckin cnut.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
You must obviously be a 'Premiership Pup', with no memory of Fergie's early years in charge.
Bill Shankley regarded by many Pool fans as the greatest ever manager managed only 52.9% wins for Liverpool

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn Win %

Carlisle 1949 1951 108 48 27 33 44.44
Grimsby 1951 1953 80 47 17 16 58.75
H'field 1956 1959 134 49 50 35 36.57
L'pool 1959 1974 753 393 175 185 52.19
TOTAL 1075 537 269 269 49.95

Fred the bin dipper

Bill Shankley regarded by many Pool fans as the greatest ever manager managed only 52.9% wins for Liverpool

fergusons win percentage is 57%. Bob Paisleys was 58%. Bob lost 18% of ghis games, Ferguson 19%. there is no "e" in Shankly

Fred the bin dipper

Matt Busby, regarded by many Manchester United fans as the greatest ever manager managed only 50.1% wins for Manchester United

Smith's Cove

Something Man Utd fans loved doing most of last season:

Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
1 Chelsea 4 2 0 0 4 2 1 1 0 3 2 3 10
2 Man City 4 2 0 0 2 0 1 0 1 2 1 3 9
3 Wigan 4 2 0 0 4 0 0 1 1 2 3 3 7
4 Liverpool 3 0 1 0 1 1 2 0 0 4 1 3 7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Arsenal 3 2 0 0 3 1 0 1 0 1 1 2 7
6 Everton 3 1 0 0 2 1 1 0 1 3 2 2 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Portsmouth 4 1 1 0 4 2 0 1 1 2 3 1 5
8 Newcastle 2 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 1 2 4
9 Blackburn 2 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 2 1 1 4
10 Aston Villa 3 1 0 1 3 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 4
11 Birmingham 4 0 1 1 2 3 1 0 1 4 4 -1 4
12 West Ham 3 0 1 1 1 3 1 0 0 1 0 -1 4
13 Reading 4 1 0 1 2 2 0 1 1 0 3 -3 4
14 Sunderland 4 1 0 1 1 2 0 1 1 2 5 -4 4
15 Tottenham 3 1 0 1 5 3 0 0 1 0 1 1 3
16 Middlesbrough 3 0 0 1 1 2 1 0 1 2 2 -1 3
17 Bolton 4 1 0 1 4 3 0 0 2 2 5 -2 3

18 Fulham 4 1 0 1 3 3 0 0 2 2 4 -2 3
19 Man Utd 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 2 -1 2
20 Derby 4 0 1 1 3 4 0 0 2 0 5 -6 1

:lol::lol::lol:
I can see from that table that there are only three or four games gone. My advise to you Dumpstar, is not to take the piss until you are still above us and the number 38 appears in the Games Played column.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Matt Busby, regarded by many Manchester United fans as the greatest ever manager managed only 50.1% wins for Manchester United
The stats make remarkable reading seeing Sir Matt had no previous managerial experience and the team got struck by the Munich air disaster taking eight playing members with it.

Fred the bin dipper

The stats make remarkable reading seeing Sir Matt had no previous managerial experience and the team got struck by the Munich air disaster taking eight members with it.
Bob Paisley had no previous managerial experience. he won 3 European Cups and 6 titles in 9 seasons. Shankly took over Liverpool, who at the time were a struggling 2nd division side.