Get your league tables out for the lads

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I can see from that table that there are only three or four games gone. My advise to you Dumpstar, is not to take the piss until you are still above us and the number 38 appears in the Games Played column.
Seconded. Of course by the time 38 games are gone all the dippers will be on about how they closedthe gap between the top two and next year will definitely be their year.

Fred the bin dipper

Don't blame me mate, it's everyone else's fault.
There is, Fergie is and has been a remarkable manager...

Come on Fred, say it.

It's not a stoning offence.
i've not said Ferguson hasnt been a great manager, of course he has, his record speaks for itself. but trying to compare his record to Shanklys is daft in the extreme. Shankly built a football club from nothing. Busby did the same.

Bearded but no genius

Fergie built a football club from relegation fodder.

You lot like to pretend he inherited a squad of world beaters.

Fred the bin dipper

Fergie built a football club from relegation fodder.

You lot like to pretend he inherited a squad of world beaters.
85/86 - 4th
84/85 - 4th
83/84 - 4th
82/83 - 3rd
81-82 - 3rd

they were Uniteds finishing positions in the league in the 5 years pre Fergie. so unless i missed something and the bottom 18 were relegated during the 80's, you were hardly relegation fodder. ferguson done his best to turn you into relegation fodder and almost achieved it in 1990. nice attempt to pretend you know what you were talking about there Jason, but you have failed rather miserably on this occasion.

Bearded but no genius

85/86 - 4th
84/85 - 4th
83/84 - 4th
82/83 - 3rd
81-82 - 3rd

they were Uniteds finishing positions in the league in the 5 years pre Fergie. so unless i missed something and the bottom 18 were relegated during the 80's, you were hardly relegation fodder. ferguson done his best to turn you into relegation fodder and almost achieved it in 1990. nice attempt to pretend you know what you were talking about there Jason, but you have failed rather miserably on this occasion.
More relevantly, where were we when Atkinson was fired?

Go on, the truth will set you free.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
85/86 - 4th
84/85 - 4th
83/84 - 4th
82/83 - 3rd
81-82 - 3rd

Those positions may as well be relegation fodder, we set ourselves higher standards...

Sir Alex has turned long time under-achievers that couldn't win a League title for 26 years, into a team that has dominated for nearly two decades, and a household name throughout the world.

REd FUn DevIl

hahahaha clowns start to write crap after 4 matches...
funny, let time pass by and we'll see...

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
because if you dare to post anything negative about you lot on here you are deemed as being on the wind up.
Exactly. I've got two infraction points :confused: for creating the same league table threads that were evident most of last season. Oh well, such is hypocrisy.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Exactly. I've got two infraction points :confused: for creating the same league table threads that were evident most of last season. Oh well, such is hypocrisy.
It's just the way you do it though isn't it... It's a bit of a cheap shot don't you think?

I can't believe you didn't claim to have just as many (infraction) points from one post than United have after 3 games... you missed a treat there! ;)

P.S. I agree with Sultan.

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
There is, Fergie is and has been a remarkable manager...

Come on Fred, say it.

It's not a stoning offence.
I think Fred is being genuine enough. He biased, but so are we.

i've not said Ferguson hasnt been a great manager, of course he has, his record speaks for itself. but trying to compare his record to Shanklys is daft in the extreme. Shankly built a football club from nothing. Busby did the same.
I would say that trying to compare it favourably is daft....how do you separate Busby, Ferguson, Shankly and Paisley....I wouldn't, because I wouldn't believe what I was saying. Different era's, different challenges....remarkable people.

gerrydaly

Praying to have a guy on top of him
It's just the way you do it though isn't it... It's a bit of a cheap shot don't you think?

I can't believe you didn't claim to have just as many (infraction) points from one post than United have after 3 games... you missed a treat there! ;)

P.S. I agree with Sultan.
:lol:

That would have actually made me laugh...:lol:

I always agree with Sultan...:angel:

Sjarkus

I suspect you do realise that you doing this on a United-forum isn't the same thing as United-fans posting the league table on a United-forum when their on top. Had you done it when United were on top, on the other hand.. Of course, that would be pointless and the entertainment factor would be 0. For you.

Fred the bin dipper

Those positions may as well be relegation fodder, we set ourselves higher standards...

Sir Alex has turned long time under-achievers that couldn't win a League title for 26 years, into a team that has dominated for nearly two decades, and a household name throughout the world.
prior to 1993, you had won the league once more than Sunderland. i love the way you lot try and rewrite history.

Davo

85/86 - 4th
84/85 - 4th
83/84 - 4th
82/83 - 3rd
81-82 - 3rd

It always makes me smile when you see one of the mancs post about the supposed relegation fodder that Ferguson inherited. It's one of those myths that fans who weren't around back then choose to believe.....truth is that they were consistently around the top and had made a bad start to the season. Ferguson's early years were pretty crap...he wouldn't have been given so long with nothing to show in means of a return thesedays, and the majority of Man Utd fans would have got their wish and seen him sacked...

Spoony

The People's President
Yes, the premier league has never existed...

17 years
I think we can go further back. Before the early 70's. . . a few clubs had only 7 league titles inc LFC Pool. I reckon we delete the late seventies and early 80's.

MUFCgal

Shit we're in 19th position, surely relegation looms!! :rolleyes:

Put simply, we win today and we go to 5 points - two behind the Dippers and five behind the Renties so I ain't too worried at the moment. I actually like it when the opposition fans (especially the Dippers) act like this and spout shit because it just makes it that whole much sweeter when we'll eventually go above them in a matter of games :lol:

DJSpaz

Incredibly Stupid Bitter Biased Embarrassing Caf C
Like Nottingham Forest...you've won it two times..
I doubt it, compeltly different situation. United have dropped points agaisnt strong sides, a point at Portsmouth is a good result. Liverpool lost a bunch of easy games then couldn't recuperate the points in the tough ones. I'm a neutral and you Liverpool have been sounding pretty desperate for a while now, just look at United's side, they're going to challange just on wealth of talent alone because they could easily go on a long winning streak. It wouldn't shock me if they were top by November.
Reading are not a 'strong side'. If they are, then there are 12-14 'strong' sides in the league and if that's your benchmark, you wont come anywhere near the title. You have to generally win those games.

As for us last season, we didnt lose a 'bunch of easy games', we lost at OT, Emirates, Woodison, Stamford Bridge and Bolton. The 5 hardest away games, basically.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Erm....wasnt so long ago we won 11 on the bounce...without conceding, i think.
As I said the team didn't look like it could go on a run and become champions. It's all well and easy going on a decent unbeaten run, as United did near the end of the season before last but were too far off Chelsea. To become champions a team has to keep the level up throughout the whole of the season in the way Chelsea and United have, combining a good run with only a small blip and then going on another (basically one long run), not just one stretch of 11 games and slipping up every so often in the other 20 odd.. If you get what I mean.. You have to admit that it just didn't look like it was 'on' in that respect last season don't you?

Fair enough this time you have added to the squad more positively than before and bought a good striker, it will be interesting to see if the players can rise to the occasion.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I got one for calling a mod stupid.

Power hungry idiots.

zing

Zingle balls
How do you know how many infraction points you've received?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I got one for calling a mod stupid.

Power hungry idiots.
I'm surprised by some of the controversial characters they've actually made mods. Its like a collection of really bad premiership referees, they ruin it for everyone not just a handful fans.