Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
Surely they'll go to jail for insider trading if that's true.
They never do, proving it is the hard part. Nacy Pelosi has been insider trading for years, it's public knowledge at this point, no one's gone to jail. I think Elon Musk got a fine once for buying a bunch of stock, tweeting he was going to buy the company and then selling the stock, but that's about it.

strandty

Ah yes the exclusive that a plan COULD include plans to build a state of the art stadium.

croadyman

Ah yes the exclusive that a plan COULD include plans to build a state of the art stadium.
Yeah John Cross and Daily star equals zero reliability whatsoever,presume Luckhurst is just quoting his story in article

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
What about the possibility to sell AR tickets to matches for fans around the world using apple technology in the new purpose built stadium? Potential tie ins with Apple Watch in terms of fitness - the more you think about it the more it could make sense.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
They’re no different to the owners of City or Newcastle is my point. Whether their wealth comes from oil or any other source is irrelevant. They’re scumbags and don’t want them tarnishing our club.

And they’re an absolute monarchy that torture and lock up dissidents and stifle any free speech. Ipso facto a dictatorship.
Lots of sweeping statements.

Utd7

I wouldn’t dismiss the Apple rumors eventually bearing fruit. They paid 2.5B to broadcast the MLS. They’ve shown serious interest in the NFL and NBA broadcast deals. Bottom line is Apple is now investing in the sports world. Having direct access to the massive global fan base of United would be beneficial for them.

TheGodsInRed

I wouldn’t dismiss the Apple rumors eventually bearing fruit. They paid 2.5B to broadcast the MLS. They’ve shown serious interest in the NFL and NBA broadcast deals. Bottom line is Apple is now investing in the sports world. Having direct access to the massive global fan base of United would be beneficial for them.
Apple have almost as much cash as a sovereign wealth fund in off-shore banks. They can't re-patriate it to the US without paying massive tax, so I'm surprised they are not into more investments of this type.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well Luckhurst is known to be connected whereas Cross just seems to create stories related to Utd that often come to nothing
Would be interesting that Luckhurst is putting his name to it then in that case.

Seems like plenty are running with the Apple link tbh so I wouldn’t be so adamant it’s nothing

Chief123

Nah feck this Debenhams, Zara or iPad ownership nonsense.

Give me an oil state any day. I’m all about winning trophies!

bosskeano

Apple woudl be brilliant b/c they have plenty of capital to back the club properly....only piece would be who runs the club considering Apple is a company not a consortium

they would need someone from the football side to help run the club but they woudl clearly know how to run the business/financial side of things

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
But then when it comes to them bidding on PL rights wouldn't there be a conflict of interests as they would own a club.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Not enthusiastic about the potential owners

Ratcliffe seems like a blagger and won't much different to the Glazers but at least there won't be gross moral strings attached

Some American hedge fund comes in and buys us. Would probably be like Jim and the Glazers. That would probably have a worse effect on British football as it becomes more Americanised

Dubai or another oil rich nation buys us, we'd get a lot of investment but we'd be washing another kingdom's dodgy reputation.
So basically no one can satisfy you regarding being new owner?

Fully Fledged

What about the possibility to sell AR tickets to matches for fans around the world using apple technology in the new purpose built stadium? Potential tie ins with Apple Watch in terms of fitness - the more you think about it the more it could make sense.
You'll only be able to buy tickets at Apple Store.

lex talionis

Of all the possible suitors for United, Apple intrigues me the most. There are no guarantees with any new owner, but this looks to be a great fit for club supporters and other parties to such an agreement all the way down to the iconic Apple logo on the shirt.

Ole'sattheWheel

Apple would be interesting. You could imagine how they would innovate in the data & analytics department. Custom software built onto iPads for the coaches to track player training data etc. All the technology they could bring to revamp OT. Delicious kit designs and best-in-class hires in senior positions.

Yes i wrote this on a macbook

Chief123

Anyone hoping Apple, forget about it.

This is not a business proposition Apple would have any interest in. They’d rather and are more inclined to put a significantly smaller amount into a tech company and make it worth billions.

Sweet Square

Not enthusiastic about the potential owners

Ratcliffe seems like a blagger and won't much different to the Glazers but at least there won't be gross moral strings attached

Some American hedge fund comes in and buys us. Would probably be like Jim and the Glazers. That would probably have a worse effect on British football as it becomes more Americanised

Dubai or another oil rich nation buys us, we'd get a lot of investment but we'd be washing another kingdom's dodgy reputation.
But you don’t mind UK selling weapons to Saudis who then use them to kill innocent women and children!?

Someone

Something
Apple would be great as far as investors go. They'd invest but wouldn't treat the club as a plaything and no political motives.

Andersons Dietician

Apple have more money in the bank than the annual GDP of most countries on the planet.

but it won’t happen, why would they bother? They’re the worlds most recognisable brand already.
Not positive on this but I’d imagine their are markets they aren’t as popular in where Manchester United is a well known and liked brand. Association with such could help ease their way in to Asian markets.

To me it would sort of make sense for someone like them to buy United. Seems like with investment there could be opportunities to make serious money.
I think if someone like Apple bought United there would be serious branding possibilities and someone like Addidas would probably love that. Look at PSG with their Jordan line and stuff. Revamp the entire MUTV, its archaic. There are so many possibilities just the Glazers weren’t willing to invest to modernise this club.

Edit:

Just went and checked “The Greater China area” is rapidly increasing in growth for Apple but it seems the likes of Japan and the rest of Asia pacific are lagging behind. Surprisingly so was Europe. Bulk of their income is the Americas.

Last edited:

largelyworried

Apple occasionally surprise us with new developments. It only seems like 5 minutes ago that Apple producing films would have been unthinkable.

But every time Apple does something unexpected, they're either following a general tech company trend or its a logical next step given their current interest. Buying a sports club would be leftfield to say the least, and wouldn't support their overall strategy in any way I can tell. If they bought the Premier League TV rights, that would make sense, they could use them to drive Apple+ subscriptions. I could even imagine them buying MUTV if they were really arsed about content. But buying the club outright? Why? What would that get them that they can't get in a thousand easier ways?

So no, don't believe this whatsoever.

Roario

Apple woudl be brilliant b/c they have plenty of capital to back the club properly....only piece would be who runs the club considering Apple is a company not a consortium

they would need someone from the football side to help run the club but they woudl clearly know how to run the business/financial side of things
Apple would be beholden to shareholders to make sound investments. They can't just throw money at us.

SuperiorXI

Apple occasionally surprise us with new developments. It only seems like 5 minutes ago that Apple producing films would have been unthinkable.

But every time Apple does something unexpected, they're either following a general tech company trend or its a logical next step given their current interest. Buying a sports club would be leftfield to say the least, and wouldn't support their overall strategy in any way I can tell. If they bought the Premier League TV rights, that would make sense, they could use them to drive Apple+ subscriptions. I could even imagine them buying MUTV if they were really arsed about content. But buying the club outright? Why? What would that get them that they can't get in a thousand easier ways?

So no, don't believe this whatsoever.
Manchester United is a holy grail in sport, it can't be got in "a thousand other ways", it's a behemoth of a club with untapped potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.