g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Hannibal Mejbri image 46

Hannibal Mejbri Tunisia flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He isn't good enough so we should cash in, same goes for Pellstri

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Good deal IF it goes though as permanent but when was the last time anyone made one of our loans permanent by paying the clause?

Sevilla have barely spent in the last few years so I expect he'll be back.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No way will Sevilla spend that much on him.

Rauður Djöfull

I don't know what to make of him yet but surely he's not done worse this season then say Eriksen who seems to be totally done, I'd rather have Hannibal in there with some fight at this point but we'll see, hope he performs well, was so hyped and had so much potential, surely it's still within reach

Bertie Wooster

Having loved watching him at youth levels, and still seeing a real prospect in him, then it's disappointing to see him loaned out - and with a view of a permanent deal suggesting that, even if not Sevilla in the end, we're thinking of cashing in on him this summer.

But as he doesn't seem to have ETH's trust, and a permanent move away looks likely, then that would at least be a decent enough deal if it came off - with an acceptable fee, and the potential for either a buy back or a sell on clause depending how he develops.

Brophs

The One and Only
They took such good care of Telles and Martial that I, for one, have no reason to doubt them.

In Rainbows

Having loved watching him at youth levels, and still seeing a real prospect in him, then it's disappointing to see him loaned out - and with a view of a permanent deal suggesting that, even if not Sevilla in the end, we're thinking of cashing in on him this summer.

But as he doesn't seem to have ETH's trust, and a permanent move away looks likely, then that would at least be a decent enough deal if it came off - with an acceptable fee, and the potential for either a buy back or a sell on clause depending how he develops.
The hope is that he plays deeper than our current midfield setup and maybe he impresses in that environment, which would earn him more trust with the manager than he has right now.

OleGunnar20

With a Buy Option - Does the player get the choice to agree or not or is the contract pre-arranged in case of it being activated I wonder?

I'm sad to see the guy go. He wasn't given a fair chance but looked promising in the slithers of gametime he got in midfield. I think he'll go on to be a really good player.

I just noticed the buy back clause is 35m on a 20m potential sale. I don't think they'd make that deal if they had serious intentions of buying him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That’s a solid deal. If he makes it big there and bets bought we have a reasonable fee to pay if we feel he’s good enough. If not then hopefully he plays more there than he would have here just like any loan deal.

Scholsey2004

Right decision. At this stage he's nowhere near rounded enough to play regularly for a big side and he wont get good enough by getting a few minutes here and there. You cant keep these lads here forever, thats not good for us or them.

prateik

Hypothetically..
what happens if he is brilliant and Sevilla want to sign him for 20m and we want him back?
Does having the option mean they get to sign him and we have to pay 35m to get him back?

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Good luck to him. Hopefully, Sevilla will exercise the option come the summer. Usually, they don't get taken when we are involved. Won't be surprised if he is back in the summer.

greater wall

Good luck Hannibal. Hope to see a more technical player blossom than the marathon runner that is being seen currently.

Glorio

Hypothetically..
what happens if he is brilliant and Sevilla want to sign him for 20m and we want him back?
Does having the option mean they get to sign him and we have to pay 35m to get him back?
I believe so. Effectively we pay a net 15M

Red00012

When has a Spanish team outside of Barca/ Real spent 20m on a player? Very unlikely to be taken up even if he hits the ground running
Add in the fact they won’t be in Europe next season so the likelihood is he’ll be back in the summer

Glorio

It's no surprise but I think he's a special player. At one point he was just too good for the youth teams and opponents couldn't contain him.

Youth football is very different from top level football, I know, but he's shown his ability (beyond off the ball hustling) in glimpses. I hope Sevilla give him a platform and encourage him to play and rely more on his dribbles, short, long, medium passing to hurt opponents and he develops into the player he could be.

Hannibal likes to run games, and as a young player, that won't happen in a team like United. He'd have to build his reputation for his teammates to have to trust him with that responsibility.

Glorio

Looking forward to seeing if he starts getting minutes at Sevilla from the off.

8pm on Sunday night!

Ekeke

Writing was on the wall the moment we signed Amrabat in the summer. Yes he came in for a quick spell while we had an injury crisis and flooded our midfield and to his credit, came on to score and then had a fairly good game the next week suggesting he could do something here. But the manager clearly doesnt rate him and want to develop him here, unlike with Mainoo who hes happy to play.

I think its possible for him to play well enough for a 20 million euro transfer within the loan timeframe, but not a surprise if itd take longer than that so he might be sold for less than that in the summer when he returns

Grande

It's no surprise but I think he's a special player. At one point he was just too good for the youth teams and opponents couldn't contain him.

Youth football is very different from top level football, I know, but he's shown his ability (beyond off the ball hustling) in glimpses. I hope Sevilla give him a platform and encourage him to play and rely more on his dribbles, short, long, medium passing to hurt opponents and he develops into the player he could be.

Hannibal likes to run games, and as a young player, that won't happen in a team like United. He'd have to build his reputation for his teammates to have to trust him with that responsibility.
I had high hopes for him seeing his debut … I’d seen him flamboyant with the kids, but on his first team debuet he seemed to ooze the kond of hunger that would allign perfect with the technical talent.

Oddly enough I get why he’s not been given more shots. The main difference between him and Kobbie Mainoo is the latters just doing his stuff the same way as in the youth games. Hannibal seems to have too much respect for the next level, and just a little less pure talent. He plays it safe, he doesn’t trust his decisions the same way Kobbie and Garnacho does. He might go on to be a player, it’s a numbers game, but
I see why Mainoo and Garnacho gets the shots and Mejbri less so.

Bertie Wooster

I had high hopes for him seeing his debut … I’d seen him flamboyant with the kids, but on his first team debut he seemed to ooze the kind of hunger that would allign perfect with the technical talent.

Oddly enough I get why he’s not been given more shots. The main difference between him and Kobbie Mainoo is the latters just doing his stuff the same way as in the youth games. Hannibal seems to have too much respect for the next level, and just a little less pure talent. He plays it safe, he doesn’t trust his decisions the same way Kobbie and Garnacho does. He might go on to be a player, it’s a numbers game, but
I see why Mainoo and Garnacho gets the shots and Mejbri less so.
Yeah, I agree with both of these.

As I've said before, I also had high hopes for him having seen the potential of his all round midfield game at youth levels. But the above two posts make good points about Hannibal's efforts so far at senior level.

Hopefully he'll get good opportunities with Sevilla and start to get the confidence, and trust of his teammates, to start displaying more of his on the ball attributes that he definitely possesses.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Yes. Got the feeling that this could turn to be another youth Pogba mistake.

criticalanalysis

Happened to come across the Seville game text updates and he got a yellow card one minute after coming on! :lol:

I've never criticised his hot headedness or agreed with the 'he's going to get sent off every game' comments but you've got to laugh sometimes.

daveoliver91

It was actually after 20 seconds. He came in and on the first action he got a yellow straight away.
Girona had the game under control when he came in (3-1), so he just passed and moved, nothing special.

Bertie Wooster

It was actually after 20 seconds. He came in and on the first action he got a yellow straight away.
Girona had the game under control when he came in (3-1), so he just passed and moved, nothing special.
Was the booking for a foul that was worse than what others had been doing all game? Or just one of those where the ref often books the sub for their first foul despite it being no worse than what others had got away with earlier in the match?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Was the booking for a foul that was worse than what others had been doing all game? Or just one of those where the ref often books the sub for their first foul despite it being no worse than what others had got away with earlier in the match?
We’ve all watched him play. So we all know there’s an excellent chance he’s at fault here.

Although young lad trying to get stuck in immediately and make his mark on his debut isn’t the worst sin.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Looks pretty good. Obviously coming into a demoralised team playing against the league leaders (if I am correct). Looks smooth on the ball, composed because he trusts his technique and could have maybe gone for goal himself there once. I hope they don't end up activating the option to buy and either Erik starts trusting in younger player or there is someone in charge who will. He'll be a great player.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Writing was on the wall the moment we signed Amrabat in the summer. Yes he came in for a quick spell while we had an injury crisis and flooded our midfield and to his credit, came on to score and then had a fairly good game the next week suggesting he could do something here. But the manager clearly doesnt rate him and want to develop him here, unlike with Mainoo who hes happy to play.

I think its possible for him to play well enough for a 20 million euro transfer within the loan timeframe, but not a surprise if itd take longer than that so he might be sold for less than that in the summer when he returns
He'd have to be truly exceptional for Sevilla to consider spending that much on him. They are not in the best shape financially and it's rare for a non-top 3 club in Spain to spend this much on a player these days.

He'll be back in June but it's clear ETH does not rate him as someone he could use so will probably be sold to another club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Is it just me or does he physically look bigger in that league? Whenever he's come on for us, he still seems very slight. Anyway, looks like a good debut and if he can consistently string together performances (and not get sent off) he'll either come back a better player or get a good chunk of change for him.

flameinthesun

Is it just me or does he physically look bigger in that league? Whenever he's come on for us, he still seems very slight. Anyway, looks like a good debut and if he can consistently string together performances (and not get sent off) he'll either come back a better player or get a good chunk of change for him.
I'd probably need some stats to back it up but It wouldn't surprise me if on average the teams in la liga are smaller in size than Premier League. May be why he looks bigger in that game.

Hackman2210

Looks good at that pace - much slower than the prem though. I think he'll add value there - wouldnt be surprised if Sevilla buy him and then sell on for a profit (although we'll get some).

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'd probably need some stats to back it up but It wouldn't surprise me if on average the teams in la liga are smaller in size than Premier League. May be why he looks bigger in that game.
Perhaps, just a passing observation, might not be rooted in any truth.