Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I’d love it if he got a chance to go to a team like Brighton on loan. A technical, forward thinking side, where he’d have loads of the ball. But without a buy clause, I can’t see them wanting to develop him for us. But that’s the sort of team he needs.

A BL loan or somewhere like Ajax might also suit.

Mr PG

Dortmund are sneaky bastards .. their scouts have a very good eye for talent and they were hoping we were clueless enough to sell him for £15m because he’s young . Good on the ball , great motor… he’s a fighter he’s not someone who will shrink when the going gets tough.

The one tiny bit that always holds back Bruno from being the best midfielder in world football is he can’t dribble so his game depends a lot on his teammates. When we’re overran like we were against city in the fa cup final with relentless pressing he can’t bail us out of trouble with a dribble to relieve pressure and find his teammates or shift packed defenses. A dribbler would also be able to create his own chances to score and I feel like that’s the next phase for Hannibal .

Mr PG

I love Mason Mount btw but I feel Hannibal is a better midfielder and by the end of the season he will have taken his spot ….

city-puma

His loan spell is bad in terms of developing his technical and tactical part of game, but is wonderful to prepare him physically and mentally as we have seen in preseason. I hope he can be integrated to the squad this season to tune his game play in EPL level. Is he a quick learner? We will find it out.

gajender

When the boss spends time talking to a player… he likes him. Last season Eric was on camera talking to Kobbie for an extended period of time… he’s a smart coach and that’s his way of establishing a relationship with a player he likes. I think wrexham game was the turning point because the next game against atletico he held his shoulder and gave him lengthy instructions. Kobbie, Hannibal, Dan Gore are the future of united midfield for years to come
Even if one of them could become mainstay of United's Midfield capable of challenging for biggest trophies we should be over the moon . Coming back to Hannibal it seems he might finally get his chance this season to make his case .

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Hannibal’s style is like what we all thought Pogba would be.
Hope he gets a chance to prove it with us because i think he’s nailed on to make it big eventually.

Mr PG

Every level Hannibal played at it didn’t take him too long to be deemed too good for that level. He got into a growth-spurt that threw his game off a little bit but watching him now he’s overcome all that. He’ll only get better as he fill in and grows into a man’s physique.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Even if one of them could become mainstay of United's Midfield capable of challenging for biggest trophies we should be over the moon . Coming back to Hannibal it seems he might finally get his chance this season to make his case .
If we had sold McTominay perhaps. As it stands, I fear it would be one too many for him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If we had sold McTominay perhaps. As it stands, I fear it would be one too many for him.
Really is an abysmal decision to keep him, 0 logic behind it.

BerryBerryShrew

I love Mason Mount btw but I feel Hannibal is a better midfielder and by the end of the season he will have taken his spot ….
I'm still perplexed by the Mount transfer tbh. In an ideal world, Mount will prove his value and Mejbri also gets a chance and takes it. I fear both of these things can't happen simultaneously though, and if anything it's more likely that neither happens.

gajender

I still hold hope that we might sell Mctominay otherwise you are correct , Mainoo might be only youngster who will get a look in .

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Zero chance of that happening. Hannibal won't start more than 2 games if he stays this year. I really hope he goes, for his sake.

Alemar

Zero chance of that happening. Hannibal won't start more than 2 games if he stays this year. I really hope he goes, for his sake.
Why wouldn’t he start more than 2 games?

mav_9me

Thats the thing, its pretty obvious to you and me and yet we have folks here who don't see it and that he offers nothing special.
He is a technical player with a high motor -- and that's something you can't teach.
That's the unique thing about him. Which is why I've always had high hopes for him to become a starting 8 for us. But admittedly he hasn't shown much with the seniors.

OsloRed

I'm not the one you're responding to, but Mainoo will probably get the starts of our young midfielders. He's looked better than Hannibal has for us by a distance. If we get Amrabat as well there won't be many more starts to go around.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Because I don't think ten Hag fancies him, and there's quite a lot of competition for his favourite position.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That’s a very good game. Even if it’s only his successful involvements, there are so many of them, and so many that turns up the heat in our attacking play. He doesn’t need too much game time at that level anymore I should think.
I think he can give us what Martin Odegaard gives Arsenal potentially. He's definitely too good for the reserves.

Marcus

Looks great in that game. But in the EPL where you are closed down much quicker, he needs to be able to adapt to thrive.

AltiUn

I think he can give us what Martin Odegaard gives Arsenal potentially. He's definitely too good for the reserves.
He’s one of the most talented U21s I’ve seen here in years, people think we exaggerate but when he’s on it he’s legitimately fantastic. He does have some serious drawbacks that potentially are holding him back though.

AltiUn

Looks great in that game. But in the EPL where you are closed down much quicker, he needs to be able to adapt to thrive.
Very true, his snap decision making and decision making in general needs to improve if he wants to make it here.

MUFC OK

Clearly never making it at this level. City would sell for £20m, we’d be lucky to get £8m.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Looks like a brilliant performance
The game has slowed down for him so much now, after a year out on loan. He used to be more frantic at this U-21 level but now he is calmer and seems to have more time to pick his passing options now.

He has the energy of Mount and the vision of Bruno.

I assume he will go out on loan now. But I hope next season, ETH will have the patience to integrate him into the 1st team.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He’s one of the most talented U21s I’ve seen here in years, people think we exaggerate but when he’s on it he’s legitimately fantastic. He does have some serious drawbacks that potentially are holding him back though.
I would've integrated him into the team this season but it seems like he's going to go out on loan again. I think we lack midfielders with the profile of Mainoo and Hannibal. EtH quickly made a decision on James Garner and we moved him on, but it seems like Hannibal has impressed and will go out on loan.

I hope he's sent out on loan to a club that looks to play a more dominant brand of football. I think it would be better to send him on loan to a team like Feyenoord rather than a team like Luton in the EPL. If we look back on the loans Martin Odegaard was sent on from Real Madrid. Those loans really helped develop his game and he was sent on loan for almost 4 straight seasons to Heerenveen, Vitesse, Real Sociedad and then on loan to Arsenal in the winter window at 22 years of age. Modric was sent on loans to Bosnia and then domestically in Croatia before he returned to his parent club Dinamo Zagreb. So the point is that it can be very beneficial to start your young career on loan at unfancied clubs in Holland, Bosnia or even Croatia. Hannibal has already been on loan to Birmingham but I hope the next loan is either in Holland or France. Feyenoord and Stade Rennais have been linked and I think both clubs provide a great platform for Hannibal to potentially thrive whilst having good managers to work with aswell.

And of course there's going to be posters who are paranoid about certain aspects of the club. But I think Hannibal has the talent to be a Man Utd first team player.

Still Going…

I really think he should be getting some game time and I think he can do good work in deeper areas. I don't really get why he's always kept at a distance from the first team, even in friendlies. It looks like the manager doesn't rate him but I don't see why. To me, he's got a great chance and if he doesn't quite make it at United he's going to be a good player at a good level, surely.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is too good for that level. Wonder what are we going to do with him this season, another season of loan (preferably to a PL club)? or promote him on the bench?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Doesn't score enough to be a no.10 and his touch is occasionally a bit loose when playing deeper. He's a terrific player though, those long balls were :drool:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He’s not good enough sadly. He’d be getting mins in the first team by now if he was. City/Chelsea would recoup nearly £20m if he was there - we’d be lucky to get £10m for him.
You do realise that he is only 20? Bruno at age was playing for a Serie C club.

garelo

He wasnt even among championship best players last season, Cleverley, Deano, Gardner still found it difficult to break into our starting XI.

Two or three times he makes a bad decision in a dangerous spot and gets away with it, whereas in the league he'd be dispossessed and give away a certain chance on goal. I think he has a lot of work to do to reach the first team.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He's one of those that is too good for that level, but not good enough for the top.

He needs to change leagues for his own sake.

Bertie Wooster

He’s not good enough sadly. He’d be getting mins in the first team by now if he was. City/Chelsea would recoup nearly £20m if he was there - we’d be lucky to get £10m for him.
You do realise that he is only 20? Bruno at age was playing for a Serie C club.
There's definitely a feeling from some that if a player hasn't established himself with us once they're no longer a teen then they won't make it here.

And obviously there's some historical support of that - many players who play over 50 times for us do go straight into the first team squad as teens rather than go out on a few loans first.

However that's not always the case and players do develop - physically, mentally, technically - at different rates. So I've definitely not given up hope on Hannibal getting his chance here yet. He's been a slower developer than some in terms of physical (strength) and mental (temperament), but has always screamed of being very good technically and with good energy levels and work rate.

I definitely think he's 'good enough' to merit us putting in the time with him and giving him some deserved opportunities. But whether that'll actually happen is another thing.

The Irish Connection

Good to see. He needs to be looking above that level.

Would like to see him get some starts with us this season, or else a good loan.