2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ludens the Red

I hope any option/obligation is for a decent fee and for once we don't sell a rated prospect for peanuts. A decent buy back clause added in the deal is a winner.

However for me, I think he is a talented lad but I am yet to see this superlative talent that you read or hear about. He hasn't displayed any outstanding qualities in his limited displays so far. He can run around and foul people for sure, but yet to see any passing, vision, ball carrying ability, defensive nous etc. that you'd expect to see in a top central midfield prospect. Good luck to him. Hope he can forge a decent career for himself in top division football.
Yup, felt this way after his Birmingham loan where he never stood out massively for me. Thought okay Birmingham play shit football and bypass their midfield so maybe some benefit of doubt should be given but then Bacuna and James have stood out in that Birmingham team. And Hannibal hasn’t stood out here as say Mainoo has. I think as a club we need to now need to focus on developing the exceptional talents especially in midfield and not try and force it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Sell for decent fee (15m?) to a club that wants to develop and help him fulfill his potential, and secure a reasonable buy-back fee. If it's only a straight loan I'd like to see him go to Everton to get PL-experience.
Issue or challenge with these PL loans are that these struggling teams will very rarely take risks on youngsters out on loan - more so when they're in a bit of a relegation scrap. He might struggle for minutes at Everton, as some of our previous loanees have. But yeah, would be ideal to get senior minutes under his belt in a top 5 league.

Wigan 0:2 Man Utd

Onerealunited

Lack of respect to introduce him in the 92nd minute against a league one team that you are leading 2-0. If he is on his way out then do not play him and spend the minutes on a young player rather than give the kid such a bad treatment…. Hope for his own sake that he will be sold. He deserves to play for a coach that trust him and where he can develop and reach his talent

Oranges038

Lack of respect to introduce him in the 92nd minute against a league one team that you are leading 2-0. If he is on his way out then do not play him and spend the minutes on a young player rather than give the kid such a bad treatment…. Hope for his own sake that he will be sold. He deserves to play for a coach that trust him and where he can develop and reach his talent
Especially when you're looking at McT out there doing whatever it is he's doing.

Surely Hannibal could do what he does.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Aye, thought so too. And it cup ties him if he were to move within the league.

Gordon S

Looked like he was turning around to leave the stadium immediately when game ended.
Understand if he is frustrated. Scott, Amrabat, Eriksen, Casemiro have taken turns this season looking awful, but he can`t get a look in. Despite looking very lively at least the few games he has played.

Skills

Snitch
I heard he turned down a call up with Tunisia. That's a bit of a slap in the face for him after he's done that.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Thought he was brilliant tonight.

red_devil29

I posted before that i cant se the hype.
He is skinny. To be skinny, you need to be technically strong to perform in the Premier League. His physical shortcomings are not compensated by anything special with the ball. He is really, really overrated. I have never seen anything special in him."

Red00012

I’d be raging.
Should have got 30 mins.
McTominay was on the pitch.

Roboc7

I really don’t understand why we hang on players like Hannibal and Pellistri when there is no intention of playing them. We don’t develop them or cash in when at peak of their value, hopefully both go out on loan this window.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Maybe he's just not that good, atleast at this level.
I suspect he isn’t given the lack of trust the manager has in him. But I don’t see why we didn’t just loan him out in the summer if that is the case. Loitering around the first team here playing and doing little hasn’t helped anyone.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He plays in the position that doesn't exist in the system we play, no wonder he's not getting any chances. I don't think he's particularly good but he has shown some signs of promise, and then was dropped completely so yeah, it really depends how much trust you have in ETH judgment.

Rake

I heard he turned down a call up with Tunisia. That's a bit of a slap in the face for him after he's done that.
The info I read said that he is going out on load and that is why he is not with the national team.

Seems an odd move to bring him on for all of 90 seconds then
Well, either we are complete idiots or he is not going on loan to a PL team.

flameinthesun

He's not as talented as Andreas Pereira who we let go (and is doing well). I like Hannibal but he's just another decently talented youth teamer who for me isn't really United 1st team material. Throughout the years there are always youth teamers that when things are going bad we question why the manager isn't playing them, then eventually they get sold/let go and you realize they were okay but short of united talent. Of all the talents who didn't get appropriate game time or the opportunity to break in to the team, I can't think of one who eventually left that we regretted. You can maybe make the case for young Pogba but outside of that we generally make the right decision regarding letting youth go. I'd have Hannibal behind the likes of Pereira, Januzaj, Gomes who we let go and he's not reached the level of a Greenwood or a Amad even at reserve level. He should take the opportunity to leave and hopefully forge a good career for himself.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's not as talented as Andreas Pereira who we let go (and is doing well). I like Hannibal but he's just another decently talented youth teamer who for me isn't really United 1st team material. Throughout the years there are always youth teamers that when things are going bad we question why the manager isn't playing them, then eventually they get sold/let go and you realize they were okay but short of united talent. Of all the talents who didn't get appropriate game time or the opportunity to break in to the team, I can't think of one who eventually left that we regretted. You can maybe make the case for young Pogba but outside of that we generally make the right decision regarding letting youth go. I'd have Hannibal behind the likes of Pereira, Januzaj, Gomes who we let go and he's not reached the level of a Greenwood or a Amad even at reserve level. He should take the opportunity to leave and hopefully forge a good career for himself.
Teden Mengi at Luton seems to be doing quite fine, and we could probably use a CB with good recovery pace. But you made a good point, it's not like we had talented players that we let go recently. I never got the hype about Hannibal, he was decent but seemed to make up with intensity and application over actual football skills.

DavelinaJolie

I hope any option/obligation is for a decent fee and for once we don't sell a rated prospect for peanuts. A decent buy back clause added in the deal is a winner.

However for me, I think he is a talented lad but I am yet to see this superlative talent that you read or hear about. He hasn't displayed any outstanding qualities in his limited displays so far. He can run around and foul people for sure, but yet to see any passing, vision, ball carrying ability, defensive nous etc. that you'd expect to see in a top central midfield prospect. Good luck to him. Hope he can forge a decent career for himself in top division football.
Agreed. I feel like I've missed something in not seeing his loan/youth appearances because he gets such rave reviews, but I don't see it in his admittedly limited opportunities in the Utd team.

Paddymcc

I think he turned down his country as he is most likely trying to secure a loan or permanent transfer away.

Pointless at this stage of his career sitting on the bench week in week out and maybe getting a few minutes here or there.

We paid a large fee for him for his age at the time around €5m and i doubt he would bring in much more were he to be sold.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I think he's got the opposite problem as Pereira did.

Andreas spent almost his entire time here being played in a deeper midfield position, but the one time he looked decent for us (not good enough to be a starter, but fine as a squad option) was in 19/20 when we played him in a more attacking position as a #10 or to a lesser extent right winger. We sell him to Fulham, they play him as a #10, and suddenly everyone is surprised by him being a quite good PL player for them.

Hannibal has so far only played in attacking positions for the first team. As an attacking central midfielder, a winger, or even as a striker. Personally I doubt he'll ever be good enough for us in those positions. In theory he has the skills and you would think it would allow him to utilise his dribbling more often, but he doesn't seem to have the positioning or movement to really cause problems for the opposition. The position many of us have always thought he'd be better at is in a deeper position, and the one time we've seen him there (admittedly a pre-season friendly in a 2nd string team) he was a completely different player. Demanding the ball, controlling us around and being easily the best player on the pitch. Obviously ETH isn't using that position this season, but if that changes in the future (either under ETH or a new manager) then I would love to see Hannibal given a chance there. The issue is that he'd probably be competing with Mainoo for that spot, unless we decided to partner the two of them together.

aeh1991

He feels like another player most of you would write off based on limited playing time, until we see him thriving somewhere else. He is clearly talented and deserved to get more chances, especially with all the injuries and Mc Tominay getting a free ticket into the starting 11. Would loan him out and give him a proper shot when Eriksen moves next summer.

userman

Issue or challenge with these PL loans are that these struggling teams will very rarely take risks on youngsters out on loan - more so when they're in a bit of a relegation scrap. He might struggle for minutes at Everton, as some of our previous loanees have. But yeah, would be ideal to get senior minutes under his belt in a top 5 league.
While I agree that a lack of playing minutes might be a risk with a PL-loan, Mejbri would still be alot closer to those minutes in Everton then at us. At Everton he would be competing with Onana, Garner, Doucoure, Gueye and perhaps Gomes for 1 of 3 spots, while he would be behind all of Casemiro, Mainoo, Eriksen, McT, Bruno, Amrabat and Mount if he stays. And I would somewhat argue that if he's unable to get minutes at say Everton in the last half of this season, he shouldn't be considered as good enough for us the next one either. A bit of a sink or swim loan.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He is 21 in a few days. At this stage he needs games and lots of them. It's doesn't look like it will happen for him at United when an 18 year old(a special talent tbf) and Amrabat are ahead of him.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
While I agree that a lack of playing minutes might be a risk with a PL-loan, Mejbri would still be alot closer to those minutes in Everton then at us. At Everton he would be competing with Onana, Garner, Doucoure, Gueye and perhaps Gomes for 1 of 3 spots, while he would be behind all of Casemiro, Mainoo, Eriksen, McT, Bruno, Amrabat and Mount if he stays. And I would somewhat argue that if he's unable to get minutes at say Everton in the last half of this season, he shouldn't be considered as good enough for us the next one either. A bit of a sink or swim loan.
Yeah, I get the logic. I guess I wasn't comparing his situation with either Everton or us, but more Everton versus maybe a mid table team in Spain/Germany or somewhere where his minutes can almost be guaranteed (if such a thing exists). But yeah, I'll be honest and say that I doubt he makes it with us - and he doesn't seem the type who will be overly happy with only a squad role. Hoping I'm wrong of course...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well Garner and Onana are better than him and Doucoure is our best performing player under Dyche. I imagine this loan is likely going to be a route to an exit which is why the Sevilla offer is more favourable.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Never really seen it with him. No doubt he'll be back in the summer.

Marwood

I don't think there's much between our midfield three and Evertons.

Him not getting into that Everton midfield doesn't necessarily reflect badly on him. It's the strongest part of Everton's team. It's a very decent collection of players.

It'd be a bad move for him.

mancsarered

I would rather go to Sevilla if it means more minutes, and I may learn a thing or two from Rakitic.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I just don't see it with him.
He stood out at times in the youth team (though not as much as Gomes, Greenwood, Garnacho and Mainoo), but yeah, in the first team he's mainly looked a passion merchant running round kicking people.

I feel like he'd still be useful to a good few bottom half sides. Hopefully he actually gets games on loan and puts himself in the shop window. Unfortunately, it's probably just as likely he barely gets a kick as with Pellistri at Alaves, and he's stuck riding our bench again next year.