2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Borussia Teeth

He should be playing for us right now along side Mainoo. He has legs, energy and he is decent at passing and dribbling. We lack these things in our midfield.

One of my (many) gripes with EtH is playing McTominay and Eriksen over this kid.

Red00012

Looks good at that pace - much slower than the prem though. I think he'll add value there - wouldnt be surprised if Sevilla buy him and then sell on for a profit (although we'll get some).
Can’t see Seville spending that much on him unless he really impresses. They are stuck in a relegation fight and won’t have any Europe next season so they’ll have to control what they spend.

Nick7

He should be playing for us right now along side Mainoo. He has legs, energy and he is decent at passing and dribbling. We lack these things in our midfield.

One of my (many) gripes with EtH is playing McTominay and Eriksen over this kid.
I rate him but this is bizarre. He hasn’t shown anything close to suggest he should be starting for us.

daveoliver91

When he came in yesterday, Sevilla were 3-1 down already against Girona, who were playing 3 gears below per usual.
We will need to keep an eye on the following games

Glorio

It's looking good with the amount of trust his teammates already seem have in him, he gives the ball, moves into space, and they find him again. That's the way he likes to play, combining with his team mates and being at the centre of things. With a lot of our youngsters on loan (Amad for instance, Hannibal himself at Brum, etc.) they initially get ignored at the start and gradually gain respect.

I feel at United, he'd pass a ball to someone, run into space, and they'd just ignore him and keep spamming speculative one time balls over everyone as though we're some low level team, trying again and again, hoping that on percentages some Paul Dickov gets 1 or 2 runs in behind the opposition defence.

Eriksen and Mainoo got a lot of flack in the last game against Spurs, but we never used their strengths. Their teammates just kept ignoring them, insisting on playing low percentage long passes straight to the forwards, and thus put them in the position we probably didn't want them to be in i.e. backpedaling against physically superior players.

Bwuk

He should have hit that chance with his left foot rather than attempt the cut back.

Borussia Teeth

I rate him but this is bizarre. He hasn’t shown anything close to suggest he should be starting for us.
He was very good against Burnley and decent against Palace and Galatasaray. He should have been allowed to build on that. We start McTominay in most games ffs.

Hannibal has attributes that our midfield is missing.

Antekera

Supports
sevilla fc
Good morning, as you know, I am from Seville and I have information... Mejbri has not been called up for the King's Cup match because apparently in training he made a pass at Mariano Díaz and he started laughing, the captains reproached him and at the same time It seems like Mariano and him in the locker room there were more than words...it seems shameful to me that they treated Hanibal like this two days after arriving, an absolutely ROTTEN club

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Good morning, as you know, I am from Seville and I have information... Mejbri has not been called up for the King's Cup match because apparently in training he made a pass at Mariano Díaz and he started laughing, the captains reproached him and at the same time It seems like Mariano and him in the locker room there were more than words...it seems shameful to me that they treated Hanibal like this two days after arriving, an absolutely ROTTEN club
Can you clarify this please?:nervous:

Glorio

Sorry - didn't understand the post. Who was laughing at who? Why exactly?
It's odd as I've searched google and haven't been able to find anything.

Would be really stupid for Hannibal to start getting distracted with silly things rather than focusing on progressing his career.

Donut

I guess the pass was so bad that Diaz started laughing which pissed of Hannibal.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not in the squad for missing a pass in training? If we followed the same logic we'd have to forfeit every match for lack of players!

Telsim

Thank you for the info. Looks like you were right.

Obviously we have no specifics pertaining to this particular case, but he always struck me as impetulant and reckless, so it wouldn't surprise me if something escalated.

To be quite honest, he is one of the youngsters who I don't think will make the cut. I haven't seen anything special, and that's before the issues I mentioned. We should cash in during the summer.

Bondi77

A pass could also mean a sexual advance....is that what you mean?

Antekera

Supports
sevilla fc
Not in the squad for missing a pass in training? If we followed the same logic we'd have to forfeit every match for lack of players!
Excuse my English, not for losing a pass but for making a tunnel for a teammate and laughing...according to my source he says that he has arrived at the locker room with an air of superiority and saying I come to save you because I come from Manchester United...anyway Things are bad here and the veterans don't really like these things because the locker room is rotten.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Excuse my English, not for losing a pass but for making a tunnel for a teammate and laughing...according to my source he says that he has arrived at the locker room with an air of superiority and saying I come to save you because I come from Manchester United...anyway Things are bad here and the veterans don't really like these things because the locker room is rotten.
Thanks for the context. Yeah, that doesn't sound very good...

johnnyteutonic

Thank you for the info. Looks like you were right.

Obviously we have no specifics pertaining to this particular case, but he always struck me as impetulant and reckless, so it wouldn't surprise me if something escalated.

To be quite honest, he is one of the youngsters who I don't think will make the cut. I haven't seen anything special, and that's before the issues I mentioned. We should cash in during the summer.
There was also the story that he got into a bust-up with Alex Telles in the summer when Ten Hag arrived. He seems to have form for this kind of thing.

Bondi77

Is your source a Sun newspaper reader?

In Rainbows

Hannibal did not have the air of superiority when he went to the Championship for Birmingham. Now all of a sudden he does it to a team that's in La Liga? I find that hard to believe.

Bondi77

Hannibal did not have the air of superiority when he went to the Championship for Birmingham. Now all of a sudden he does it to a team that's in La Liga? I find that hard to believe.
It is garbage!
Hannibal is not good enough to start for us and we are struggling and he is going to go to a new club and tell them he is going to save them???
Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Sounds like the same issue like with adnan janauz.

Bondi77

There was also the story that he got into a bust-up with Alex Telles in the summer when Ten Hag arrived. He seems to have form for this kind of thing.
He probably came to the conclusion that Telles is a shite footballer ...just like the rest of us did!

SonOfFergie

Have no problem with Sevilla loan. He was a bit raw and to rash in challenges when playing at United.

Glorio

Have no problem with Sevilla loan. He was a bit raw and to rash in challenges when playing at United.
No one's complaining about the loan. More about the fact that a story has emerged that he's had a bust up with one of their players and was dropped as a result.

Ekeke

Sounds strange. Mariano is a striker who hasnt scored this season, Sevilla are terrible just outside the relegation zone with 5 losses and 1 win in their last 6 games in the league and a single bad pass and a useless striker laughing is enough to sour things after a move?

Glorio

When you say a "tunnel" I'm assuming that means he passed it through his legs and had a laugh? In United training vids that's common place and they all have a laugh. All a learning experience for him

Glorio

Sounds strange. Mariano is a striker who hasnt scored this season, Sevilla are terrible just outside the relegation zone with 5 losses and 1 win in their last 6 games in the league and a single bad pass and a useless striker laughing is enough to sour things after a move?
Hannibal was laughing at him apparently

lex talionis

This accounting of events is bizarre and hard to be sure of who put in the wrong foot. Could the problem be as simple as Sevilla players resenting the loanee from “Manchester United” when their season has already gone to shit?

DWelbz19

This was always going to be a silly loan, anyway. Sevilla are 17th having an absolute stinker of a season. A 21 year old joining mid season hardly sounded like the most nurturing of conditions.

We/he needed to target a team in a better position (probably in a weaker league) to get his stats and his PR up and then move him on for a bigger fee. A bad loan at Sevilla just brings him back here with even less of a bargaining position.

Zed is not dead

No offense to the poster, but apart from his post, there’s absolutely no substance to this story.

Mejbri most likely than not was not registered for the Copa del Rey game, and Mariano was also not in the squad because he just returned from injury

Bondi77

No offense to the poster, but apart from his post, there’s absolutely no substance to this story.

Mejbri most likely than not was not registered for the Copa del Rey game, and Mariano was also not in the squad because he just returned from injury
Shooss.h, you cannot be talking common sense on these threads.

userman

I watched the Girona vs. Sevilla match the other day, and one thing that did strike me right away was how openly and overly Mejbri was critisizing his teammates for not passing, movement etc. (in terms of body language/gestures and shouting). Mejbri was especially having a go at their left back (rightly so if you ask me) which in return seemed to get pretty annyoed at him. Perhaps not the best way to blend into a new environment, especially as a young unproven player.

I'm not surprised if the posted rumour turns out to be true; Mejbri and the Sevilla-players might be a bad fit. However, seeing how Sevilla performs I'm not necessarily sure that it's Mejbri that it is in the wrong.

Last edited:

Smores

Part of doing loans for young players is maturing them not just on the pitch but off the pitch as well. Even if it's true he'll learn from it. You hear the 92 lot talk about similar things happening here, it's not uncommon.

If he's to stand a chance at United he'll need to really excel there. New managers will always favour those who have been recently playing for us no matter how shite they are.

united for life

I watched the Girona vs. Sevilla match the other day, and one thing that did strike me right away was how openly and overly Mejbri was critisizing his teammates for not passing, movement etc. (in terms of body language/gestures and shouting). Mejbri was especially having a go at their left back (rightly so if you ask me) which in return seemed to get pretty annyoed at him. Perhaps not the best way to blend into a new environment, especially as a young unproven player.

I'm not surprised if the posted rumour turns out to be true; Mejbri and the Sevilla-players might be a bad fit. However, seeing how Sevilla performs I'm not necessarily sure that it's Mejbri that it is in the wrong.
The fact that his team mates are not playing up to standard does not give him the right to act superior (from what i’ve read). Good they have Ramos there, he’ll put him in his place. A kid like him needs that for his own good