Hargreaves vs. Carrick, Feadingseagulls vs. Noodle, Chief (Bayern Fan!) vs. Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Hehe

I didn't mean it to be, I was just pissed off.
No worries, you put a grin on my face.

My opinion on the subject of Hargreaves worth will be made at the end of next season. He deserves as much time to settle and adapt as anyone else has been given.

He has been fairly average for the most part so far but that doesn't mean he won't be able to do a job for us in the future. I was always under the impression he was bought for the purpose of games against the likes of Milan and Barca etc in the later stages of the CL, still think that is the case.

From what I've seen so far though he isn't worth what we paid for him, I think Fletcher has shown he is more than capable of doing the same job and has a lot more to offer going forwards too, but as I said give him time.

acnumber9

A defensive midfielder's main job is to win the ball back in midfield. In addition to stopping the opposition from playing and keeping their main attacking midfielder under wraps, to enable the defence behind him to only have to deal with strikers and wingers. Which is the defensive job in midfield.
Hence the role being described as one that "shields the back four".

That has nothing to dor with stopping or helping a team from conceding goals. That has always been and will always be the job of the entire back four and the keeper alone. Not anyone in midfield. Unless you are using a 3rd center back/defender in midfield like Makelele.
I'm sorry but that's complete nonsense. Any team that left it to just those five players to defend would be soundly thrashed every week.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
It's all getting a bit serious again, back to the original porpoise....

O’er eighty pages now and going strong
The Chief will not give up his wild crusade
Nay say him and you’re lying, not just wrong
The very soul of football you’ve betrayed
FS (who’s style reminds me of Gillespie)
Defends the Chief from those who would attack him
Nood’s jokes are intellectual dishonesty
Most posters want to meet FS - to smack him
It seems the thread will run and run and run
Just like it’s own eponymous hero
And whilst the effort is denied by none
The net effect is sadly close to zero
Some posters say the thread will drive them mad
Some posters say it rots their teeth enamel
Some posters say that Hargreaves’s not that bad
Some posters say he feeds on ocean mammal
I say this thread is just like Graham Poll
It’s due to disappear up it’s arsehole
:lol:

How did this go unnoticed in this thread, like so much driftwood?

It's probably cocking Hargreaves' fault for eating all the porpoises.

Sam

How's he doing then ?

I was unable to see the first half.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
But this is the thing, you make these claims but everyone is watching the same games (in fact many of us are watching the same games live, i.e. when we can see the whole pitch rather than just what the TV cameras show us) and there's a clear consensus that Hargreaves has underperformed so far for United.
:boring: Find another excuse. That one's getting old. On top of being fecking lame:boring:

You think this is because everyone else in the world is "mad" or "stupid" or "young" or "dumb" or a "liar" or a "fool" or because for some irrational reason they "hate" Hargreaves or are on some sort of "campaign" to rubbish him.
No. It's not a matter of thinking. I know that its because people like you are dishonest. On top of being haters of Hargreaves. Based on the stupidest reasons that ever existed in the history of the universe. I hope this helps

Myself and others who have posted believe the discrepancy between your view of his current performances and the majority is actually accounted for by the fact that you are a Bayern fan and (a) really want him to do well because you loved him at Bayern and (b) are judging his current performances on how he played in a much weaker Bundesliga.
You have done no such thing. You've consistently just posted plain rubbish. Like claiming I've been saying Hargreaves is better than Keane, it's the role of a defensive midfielder to stop his team from conceding goals,and this stupid crap that my being a Bayern fan is the some how the reason I want Hargreaves to succeed. As if I would ever let personal reason's get in the way of me judging a players ability.

As for your alter ego on this board, why was it posted that you had more than one username if it wasn't true? You should have taken that allegation up with the mods really if it wasn't true.
I did. It hasn't stopped arse holes on here from still claiming I had the alleged alter ego.

Anyway I hope not of this has seen me removed from the top of your "hate list". Remind me, just how old are you again? ;)
Why should I tell you my age? It wouldn't be a cure for your insanity. :p

Parks Life

He did well tonight I thought.

What I wonder is, whats happened to the Scholes - Carrick partnership? They've not played together for months despite both being fit.

I know against some of the better teams it has fallen short before but against teams like Bolton at home they are perfect. We lacked the control we normally had without them.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
He did well tonight I thought.

What I wonder is, whats happened to the Scholes - Carrick partnership? They've not played together for months despite both being fit.

I know against some of the better teams it has fallen short before but against teams like Bolton at home they are perfect. We lacked the control we normally had without them.
I would think both Carrick and Scholes would start on Sunday. Fergie gambled with the line-up and it paid off. Job done, especially considering that the Liverpool game, although not must win, is damn important.

acnumber9

You are a fecking idiot. Stopping your team conceding goals is not "defending alone". Never has been never and will be.
You state that astopping the opposition from scoring is the responsibility of the defence and keeper alone and I am the fecking idiot? Get your head out of your hole.

Ekeke

Fletcher was again chosen in midfield instead of Hargreaves.

Hargreaves still dilly dallied on the ball for no apparent reason and Bolton's best chance in the first half was down to Hargreaves trying to play as a center back and leaving his man at the far post.

Thankfully PIG stopped Taylor.

He did okay for much of the match though. It's certainly less of a worry him playing there than in central midfield.

His feeble passing ability wasn't shown up too much - just everything else.

Nucks

RT History Department

Hargreaves still dilly dallied on the ball for no apparent reason and Bolton's best chance in the first half was down to Hargreaves trying to play as a center back and leaving his man at the far post.

He did okay for much of the match though. It's certainly less of a worry him playing there than in central midfield.

You sir are fecking retarded.

He didn't leave his man. He followed his man who made a run across the face of the goal. The man who was unmarked at the far post was Piques man who drifted behind him and into the open.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
That's not really true Chief. The best teams always defend as a team.

Also, if it were true, it would render Hargreaves truly pointless since he does pretty much feck all in attack, thus pretty much defeating your own argument.

acnumber9

For me Hargreaves did the right thing in that instance. He came in to cover the centre backs as the ball had beaten them and there was a man attacking the 6 yard box.

OH always banged on about how his grandparents were English from like Bolton or summat and he felt that he would be more at home in England than at Bayern...:p.
:lol: Why would you think that would razz me?:confused:

plus any culture he is accustomed to is also influenced by that of English speaking Canadians, who, by and large are well influenced by British culture.

just typing, like.
Canadians don't have a footballing philosophy. Which is the culture I was referring to:p:p

You're a loony.

Has it occurred to you that your extreme, compassionate love for anything Hargreaves makes it seem to you that everyone else hates him, when most in fact simply think he has yet to prove himself?
No. Because I don't have any such "compassionate" love for Hargreaves or anything connected to him. Like you have for Carrick. I just rate Hargreaves as a player. For he has proved his quality over years. Plain and simple. So I wont stand by as poeple talking baseless rubbish about him. Like you and your clique often do.

ralphie88

Ekeke, Sam, Lizard, ralphie and Mozza hate Hargreaves. Just ignore what they post about him as its mostly spastic.
Why the feck would I hate any United player? I pay their fecking wages ffs. I stand and chant their names. I cheer when the team is read out over the tannoy. I support Hargreaves in ways that you can only dream of.

Oh, and tonight he was fecking shite. Couldn't even take a throw-in. And when he was skinned at the end - terrible and embarrassing stuff for the lad. I actually felt sorry for him tonight.

Ekeke

You sir are fecking retarded.

He didn't leave his man. He followed his man who made a run across the face of the goal. The man who was unmarked at the far post was Piques man who drifted behind him and into the open.
When you are playing right back, your man is the wide man on the left.

Not the striker in the middle.

He was all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.