Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

And they say debate on the caf is dead.....state of this presumably you're a grown ass man :lol:

You should have stopped at this
Calling out a player for bad form Vs having an agenda so bad that you take a clip, edit it to suit your agenda is the same thing.

Me saying Maguire defended badly during that game is the same as taking a clip saying he cant do rondos?

Presumably you're a grown man that believes a professional footballer cant kick a football :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Speak for yourself. He'll get a good reception from me, I know that much. While he's our player and on the pitch for us, he should be supported.
Honestly, where I was sat at OT for the Atletico game Maguire was getting hammered by our fans.

Massive cheer when he handed over the captains armband and was subbed off.

So I think some of our fan base at least have scapegoated him in particular and would continue to do so.

Stadjer

And they say debate on the caf is dead.....state of this presumably you're a grown ass man :lol:

You should have stopped at this
Just ignore it.. if he posts a reply that makes him look like an idiot than that is on him. What can anyone he quited gain from replying to a stupid post like that anyway? :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This moron thinks Maguire is better than Varane. He isn't even as good as Lindelof. Another golden generation down the drain because of another clueless cnut in charge.
I agree with most things but he needs to calm down about Maguire being the best CB at United. Feck me Im glad he is with England, otherwise we might try to get him as next manager!

Idxomer

As with most stuff nowadays, the reaction ends up being far more ridiculous than what the initial action warranted.

Smores

Calling out a player for bad form Vs having an agenda so bad that you take a clip, edit it to suit your agenda is the same thing.

Me saying Maguire defended badly during that game is the same as taking a clip saying he cant do rondos?

Presumably you're a grown man that believes a professional footballer cant kick a football :lol: :lol: :lol:
But no one here has taken and edited a clip which takes me back to twitter.

You're on some rant about an imaginary witch hunt when 99% is just genuine commentary on his awful form. It wasn't so long ago the argument was about finding his partner instead, the only the thing that has changed is his consistent bad form has changed opinions.

romufc

But no one here has taken and edited a clip which takes me back to twitter.

You're on some rant about an imaginary witch hunt when 99% is just genuine commentary on his awful form. It wasn't so long ago the argument was about finding his partner instead, the only the thing that has changed is his consistent bad form has changed opinions.
Its an edited clip posted by a United fan, then posted on here and everyone making it look like he cant pass.

I mean I get he's had a bad season doesn't mean people look at clips, edit it to suit the witch hunt.

I think almost every United fan will agree he has had a bad season, like every other player.

Its not just Maguire either, its every player that divides the fan group, Bruno, DDG, Maguire. Its almost as if fans dont want players to do well.

Ananke

Its an edited clip posted by a United fan, then posted on here and everyone making it look like he cant pass.

I mean I get he's had a bad season doesn't mean people look at clips, edit it to suit the witch hunt.
When you say edit, nothing has been edited...it's a clip. The footage is what it is. As if people think a professional footballer can't do rondos :lol: . Edited to suit the witch hunt? :lol:

romufc

When you say edit, nothing has been edited...it's a clip. The footage is what it is. As if people think a professional footballer can't do rondos :lol: . Edited to suit the witch hunt? :lol:
There you go... watch the full clip.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
This moron thinks Maguire is better than Varane. He isn't even as good as Lindelof. Another golden generation down the drain because of another clueless cnut in charge.
Why the vitriol? Of course most won't agree Maguire is the best CB at his club, but it's a just a national manager bigging up one of his players who has just been booed by the team's fans.
The level of hatred and spite in this thread is deeply unpleasant.

PoTMS

Why the vitriol? Of course most won't agree Maguire is the best CB at his club, but it's a just a national manager bigging up one of his players who has just been booed by the team's fans.
The level of hatred and spite in this thread is deeply unpleasant.
Because it's utter tripe served by a inept moron who is holding the England team back. There's bigging up your player and then there's that. It's the equivalent of saying Rashford is better than Mbappe.

JB7

Honestly, where I was sat at OT for the Atletico game Maguire was getting hammered by our fans.

Massive cheer when he handed over the captains armband and was subbed off.

So I think some of our fan base at least have scapegoated him in particular and would continue to do so.
There was the same around me but in fairness there were a good number of people calling them out on it as well. I'm sure it will continue at OT but it's not something I'll partake in, any player on the pitch for United will get my support regardless of my views away from the game as to whether I think they are good enough or not.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Because it's utter tripe served by a inept moron who is holding the England team back. There's bigging up your player and then there's that. It's the equivalent of saying Rashford is better than Mbappe.
Depends how you frame it I guess. He's the second most succesful manager ever too.
He was never going to say he was second or third best at his club, realistically. Should've just said he is the captain of Man United.

Lentwood

But don't you find it odd that those who are paid to assess and manage football players continually select Maguire, whilst most of the criticism comes from people NOT paid to assess and manage football players i.e. pundits and social media 'influencers'.

I go back to the point I make every time....if Maguire was even 1/10th as bad as people like to make out, why did Ole select him every week, why does Rangnick select him every week and why does Southgate select him every week?

The truth is, people want a scapegoat, and Maguire has become that scapegoat. People don't like the fact he is ex-Leicester and Hull, they don't like the fact we paid £80m, they don't like the fact Ole signed him (or was the manager at the time at least) and they don't like the fact he was made captain.

JB7

Exactly

The problem with that tweet from Carragher is that it was his manager last night who came out speaking about the boo's. He did show character by performing well during the game. Maguire did his job and the noise around him was not exactly his fault last night so to come out and try and make out that he's being weak or didn't just "get on with" it is completely false. Carragher is usually an excellent pundit but he's read the situation wrong based on that particular tweet.

PoTMS

But don't you find it odd that those who are paid to assess and manage football players continually select Maguire, whilst most of the criticism comes from people NOT paid to assess and manage football players i.e. pundits and social media 'influencers'.

I go back to the point I make every time....if Maguire was even 1/10th as bad as people like to make out, why did Ole select him every week, why does Rangnick select him every week and why does Southgate select him every week?

The truth is, people want a scapegoat, and Maguire has become that scapegoat. People don't like the fact he is ex-Leicester and Hull, they don't like the fact we paid £80m, they don't like the fact Ole signed him (or was the manager at the time at least) and they don't like the fact he was made captain.
Yeah, it tells me all 3 of those managers are clowns. You don't need to be a football genius to know Maguire has needed dropping this season. Just look at the current selection of ex-footballers/managers that are now pundits, it's clear that being in the game doesn't mean shite. In fact, most of the time they are bigger idiots than the ones outside.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The Harry Maguire mocking has gone way overboard. It's one of those things where even causal football fans who know feck all are jumping on the bandwagon because he's been turned into a meme.

He's been very poor this season and the signing was a terrible one by Ole but A) he's usually excellent for England and B) players can have poor seasons. He's not a bad defender but a fairly good one whose having an awful year and isn't quite at the level needed (and nowhere near the level for the fee paid).

Member 101269

The Harry Maguire mocking has gone way overboard. It's one of those things where even causal football fans who know feck all are jumping on the bandwagon because he's been turned into a meme.

He's been very poor this season and the signing was a terrible one by Ole but A) he's usually excellent for England and B) players can have poor seasons. He's not a bad defender but a fairly good one whose having an awful year and isn't quite at the level needed (and nowhere near the level for the fee paid).
I couldn't follow your logic.

Traits, capability for united, decision making, overblown ego. What feedback is available for football consumers?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I couldn't follow your logic.

Traits, capability for united, decision making, overblown ego. What feedback is available for football consumers?
Sorry I don't know what you're talking about. Inflated ego?

We've had 7/10 defenders before which is what he is. It's just the cool thing nowadays to pick a player having a bad time and pretend he's a 2/10 or something.

Tap

No wonder why the crowd gave him the Bronx cheer when he was pulled out of the match when we were chasing a goal.

He really earns the nickname of Captain Fatf*** and that's not even funny anymore.
He is not fit to be a PL player, much less for Man Utd.

AFC NimbleThumb

The boos last night made Luke Shaw’s nonsense at the weekend even more ridiculous. England fans for the most part spent 20 years eating shit from United ones. If they can turn on David fecking Beckham & Wayne Rooney then these current crop are one bad game away from the block. The sooner the likes of Maguire realise this the better, United > England.

Member 101269

Sorry I don't know what you're talking about. Inflated ego?

We've had 7/10 defenders before which is what he is. It's just the cool thing nowadays to pick a player having a bad time and pretend he's a 2/10 or something.
You acknowledged he's not good enough. It's cool nowadays? Nowadays players/ex-players say "F fans" or have a go at them, people try to silence fans perceptions. You can go through history, there are fans favourites and those who aren't. Fan don't have peanuts, cabbages or other items to thrown at player, they have feedback in one of the only ways possible. People want to silence the cow, and only milk it.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
England fans continuing their fine form from the euros?

Teja

Yeah a few sensible takes coming in. The reaction from his teammates I'd think would be reserved for things like racist abuse, or big incidents like Salah taking laser pointers in the face and Senegal fans storming the pitch to jeer at him or whatever.

A bit of booing isn't that big a deal for me, deal with it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Le Tissier wading in

Customarily dim from Le Tiss, who has had some horrific posts in the past.

The "pay your money, say what you want" argument is always a bit loathsome, as some take it to the full extent of the law and think it includes abusing someone.

"I pay your wages", says a guy who perhaps pays for about 23seconds of one week of Maguire's wage.

Anustart89

This feels like the Streisand effect, with everyone feeling the urge to publicly address the booing he's been subjected to.

432JuanMata

The fact a playing being booed is so newsworthy talks volumes about his performances this season.
He has been woeful for us and how he is our captain and selected for England is beyond me.

erinoco

Supports
Arsenal
One lesson for United: don't make a confidence player a captain.

RedDevilQuebecois

Southgate is such an idiot for selecting players who have been abysmal this season and then exposing them to boobirds. If the national manager has any judgment, there is no way that Maguire should be with England now. Fans are not blind, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.