Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He hasn't though. Has he had some rough patches? Definitely. The entire team has. But our problem hasn't been conceding. Our problem has been at the other end of the pitch (especially since Ralf took over where we have scored more than 1 goal only 6 times in 22 games). We rarely Sure, if you look at the table it's going to look bad with 42 goals against in 31 games, but a large chunk of those goals came in 4 games (City 4-1, Liverpool 5-0, Leicester 4-2 and Watford 4-1). 4 games where I agree, Maguire was dreadful (as was the rest of the team). Take away those 4 horrible games and those 17 goals and all of a sudden 25 goals against in 27 games isn't all that bad (should still be better though). And all this without a proper keeper or DM. Imagine City without Ederson and Rodri or Liverpool without Allison and Fabinho. This is why for me, our most important positions that need to be addressed are a DM and a keeper who can do more than just make saves
You are literally saying taking away his poor performances, he wasn’t poor. And goals conceded had nothing to do with defenders. Ok, but then no players are poor if taking away their poor performances too, no CB are bad as it’s always DM/keeper faults, you realize how ridiculous this sounds?

Sure we have problems everywhere, I never said Maguire is our biggest problem, far from it actually. But I still think he is probably the worst CB in the league this season, because he has had more poor performances and cost more goals than most other defenders in league. No one wants a CB to be shaky and make errors after errors after errors which cost goals. He does it all though.

Last edited:

romufc

Do you know them well personally? Did they ever tell you Maguire is having a good season?

In fact by ranking every players with game time in order, there would be worst rated player who plays a lot of games too, do your think coaches with badges rated them all just because they played them?

Following your line of logic, there won’t be any worst player in the league afterall, as everyone of them are good players, just because their coaches let them play, regardless of their performances. You know what, you are just not making any sense at all.
Looks like you know them personally, cause they told you they thought he isnt having a good season.

So are you saying Maguire is worst rated CB or bad form? Now you're not making sense.

There are clubs where players who are in bad form or are not great have to play because they cant afford a new player or there is no replacement.

Examples that show that if you are a rated player but in bad form include Grealish, Lukaku where they do not play. Maguire starts games whilst there is other CB's at the club.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Looks like you know them personally, cause they told you they thought he isnt having a good season.

So are you saying Maguire is worst rated CB or bad form? Now you're not making sense.

There are clubs where players who are in bad form or are not great have to play because they cant afford a new player or there is no replacement.

Examples that show that if you are a rated player but in bad form include Grealish, Lukaku where they do not play. Maguire starts games whilst there is other CB's at the club.
You are the one speaking of them (professional coach with badges) trying to bring them up in for conversation, let’s not change this fact.

I am just here to give my own opinion, which has been shared by majority. You seems can’t handle this, hence keep bringing up the coaches as if you know them all personally.

romufc

You are the one speaking of them (professional coach with badges) trying to bring them up in for conversation, let’s not change this fact.

I am just here to give my own opinion, which has been shared by majority. You seems can’t handle this, hence keep bringing up the coaches as if you know them all personally.
You're talking about Maguire being Worst rated yet he starts every game for Manchester United and England competitive games.

So clearly you just have an agenda against a player.

Yes, calling players for being out of form, since when is form = ability?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You're talking about Maguire being Worst rated yet he starts every game for Manchester United and England competitive games.

So clearly you just have an agenda against a player.

Yes, calling players for being out of form, since when is form = ability?
He is the worst among all first team CB in the league, what makes you so hard to understand this?

Of course you could always argue those didn’t play are even worst, and hence whoever starts isn’t the worst by definition. But such argument so irrelevant/weak anyway, because it just makes every starter automatically being a good player by definition regardless of their performance. And look, I could only give my honest opinion on those who actually played and had worst performances. That’s what players discussion on internet is all about.

And Maguire is easily the among the worst (first team) CB in the league, in terms of their performance on the pitch, is it really so hard for you to comprehend this?

Last edited:

Marwood

He is the worst among all first team CB in the league, what makes you so hard to understand this?

Of course you could always argue those didn’t play are even worst, and hence whoever starts isn’t the worst by definition. But such argument so irrelevant/weak anyway, because it just makes every starter automatically being a good player by definition regardless of their performance. And look, I could only give my honest opinion on those who actually played and had worst performances. That’s what players discussion on internet is all about.

And Maguire is easily the among the worst (first team) CB in the league, in terms of their performance on the pitch, is it really so hard for you to comprehend this?
I don't think there's any way you've watched enough of the other CB's in the league to say he's the worst. Worse than the Leeds CB's, worse than Norwich's?

Remember it's easier to be a CB in a team that isn't expected to control a game and attack.

We're no good at controlling a game and attacking but we still play that way because of the demands on the club. It's the worst kind of situation to be in as a CB.

If you were to put a few other CB's in the situation ours often are I think they'd struggle to an even greater degree.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don't think there's any way you've watched enough of the other CB's in the league to say he's the worst. Worse than the Leeds CB's, worse than Norwich's?

Remember it's easier to be a CB in a team that isn't expected to control a game and attack.

We're no good at controlling a game and attacking but we still play that way because of the demands on the club. It's the worst kind of situation to be in as a CB.

If you were to put a few other CB's in the situation ours often are I think they'd struggle to an even greater degree.
That’s why I am not going to insist he is “the worst” as I don’t follow every games of every CB out there. But he is definitely easily among the worst from what I’ve seen this season.

Marwood

That’s why I am not going to insist he is “the worst” as I don’t follow every games of every CB out there. But he is definitely easily among the worst from what I’ve seen this season.
Well you said he's the worst of all the first choice PL centre backs. That's at least 38 players. I'm not totally convinced you've seen enough of those 38 players to make such a claim.

That's an almighty amount of football you must be watching if so.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well you said he's the worst of all the first choice PL centre backs. That's at least 38 players. I'm not totally convinced you've seen enough of those 38 players to make such a claim.

That's an almighty amount of football you must be watching if so.
On the very same post I said this, I also said he is “among the worst” on the last paragraph. See, I didn’t insist. He is in fact the worst CB I’ve seen, but I didn’t study everyone in detail, so be it.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You are literally saying taking away his poor performances, he wasn’t poor. And goals conceded had nothing to do with defenders. Ok, but then no players are poor if taking away their poor performances too, no CB are bad as it’s always DM/keeper faults, you realize how ridiculous this sounds?

Sure we have problems everywhere, I never said Maguire is our biggest problem, far from it actually. But I still think he is probably the worst CB in the league this season, because he has had more poor performances and cost more goals than most other defenders in league. No one wants a CB to be shaky and make errors after errors after errors which cost goals. He does it all though.
No...what I'm saying is that these are the games he was really poor in. The rest he's been quite good but he's been scapegoated as being our biggest problem. I'm not sure when and where it all turned for Maguire, but at some point he became the most hated man in Manchester. Anything that went wrong was blamed on him. People literally go out of their way to find a reason to blame him for a goal we concede or for points we drop. Sorry, but it's going to be hard for any team to get 3 points every week when they can't score more than 1 goal

romufc

Anything that went wrong was blamed on him. People literally go out of their way to find a reason to blame him for a goal we concede or for points we drop. Sorry, but it's going to be hard for any team to get 3 points every week when they can't score more than 1 goal
This is what people don't understand. If the forwards are not creating chances and scoring, how can you expect to win games?

People are here acting as if we concede 4 goals and lose 4-3 every game and Maguire scores 2 own goals every game.

JB7

Well this seems to be a well balanced and thought out argument that doesn't at all contradict itself.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
What metric did you use to arrive at this conclusion?
1. He has made many defensive errors which cost us goals
2. He has made more stupid errors than anyone else I’ve seen this season
3. He has more poor performances than anyone else I’ve seen this season
4. His season avg rating in RedCafe this season is 4.8, which is by far the worst rating CB in the team
5. He is a joke on many occasions, as shown below:

romufc

1. He has made many defensive errors which cost us goals
2. He has made more stupid errors than anyone else I’ve seen this season
3. He has more poor performances than anyone else I’ve seen this season
4. His season avg rating in RedCafe this season is 4.8, which is by far the worst rating CB in the team
5. He is a joke on many occasions, as shown below:

A youtube clip is your metric? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Of course not just a youtube clip, but its recollection of what I've watched of him in his performance this season

Grow up.

Aso, the video I post has 8+ long mins of his poor performance, yours only have 5+ mins of good performance (including England games). Do the maths.

mu4c_20le

He's had a poor season by his own standards, no question there. Though he does sort of have an excuse in that his ego got a bit rattled by the arrival of the GOAT.

romufc

Of course not just a youtube clip, but its recollection of what I've watched of him in his performance this season

Grow up.

Aso, the video I post has 8+ long mins of his poor performance, yours only have 5+ mins of good performance (including England games). Do the maths.
And do you know why youtubers make such clips? Views. I am sure you are aware that more views = more money.

They are just good at journalists in this, clickbait.

Go to the channel, have a look at the videos, there will be no videos of Maguire being good becuase it wont get views.

There are a few Maguire compilations, the one you posted has 4.9m views and another one with 205k views, look at the other videos getting less than 20k views with odd one doing well.

This is why people take every Maguire clip, knowing United fans will make them money.

Stadjer

Is that a serious clip to show off how good Maguire is? The first defensive action (on the player with number 8, is it Cleverley?) is a foul. Didnt he get a red card for that? Wasnt that after he messed up and tried to fix it with that tackle?

ariveded

Always felt he is like Henderson of LFC and Man Utd foolishly tried to emulate the same model. Henderson, was the big English money signing, and made captain.

Yet, the difference was Henderson is luckier, as supported by better players, and plays in a different position where his mistakes or limitations would not be severely punished.

Maguire could be good enough for the 2/3rd defender choice, yet terrible as captain and his every mistake amplifies because of that.

romufc

Is that a serious clip to show off how good Maguire is? The first defensive action (on the player with number 8, is it Cleverley?) is a foul. Didnt he get a red card for that? Wasnt that after he messed up and tried to fix it with that tackle?
Its to show that Youtube clip does not reflect much really.

Marwood

Grow up.

The 3 minute difference in Youtube vids is a pretty compelling argument.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
And do you know why youtubers make such clips? Views. I am sure you are aware that more views = more money.

They are just good at journalists in this, clickbait.

Go to the channel, have a look at the videos, there will be no videos of Maguire being good becuase it wont get views.

There are a few Maguire compilations, the one you posted has 4.9m views and another one with 205k views, look at the other videos getting less than 20k views with odd one doing well.

This is why people take every Maguire clip, knowing United fans will make them money.
I do not need the clips to see how bad he was, you asked me for criteria, I just give you glimpse of what I've watched throughout the season. Clips only capture part what I've seen in the match.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The 3 minute difference in Youtube vids is a pretty compelling argument.
It wasn't. But it was alarming regarding the long length of compilation on how bad he was. Defenders who have only made a few understandable mistakes on occasions won't make it that long in compilation. It does tell how shaky he was on so many occasions.

Foxbatt

He is not a top class CB for sure in a team that wants to play on the front foot. But worst in the PL? Someone must be silly.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Hi Harry, nice to see you back in your own thread. Please defend during matches the same way you defend yourself here. You might actually become that worldclass defender you claim to be!
Ok...but maybe you guys should try cheering me on. I do play for the team you pretend to support

JeffFromHK

He is not a top class CB for sure in a team that wants to play on the front foot. But worst in the PL? Someone must be silly.
People like to exaggerate. IMO, he is just a standard CBs with clear shortcomings rated 80-81 on Fifa, someone similar to Silverstre or David May we had back in the days. He is not good enough to be a starter for us but definitely not the "worst CB in PL" as some say

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The thumbnail is a pic of him wearing a headband so based on that, the video was meant to show the viewers that Maguire is the new Nesta.

Aresma7

Well it is quite obvious they rate him. I have my reasons that back it up.

Ole kept starting Maguire - People say he is favourite and doesnt have balls to drop him. OKay.
Carrick played him - people say he was Ole's boy. Okay.
Ralf keeps picking him too - Whenever he is available he starts, ahead of Lindelof, Bailly.
Southgate keeps picking him ahead of other PL CB's.

I mean it is quite obvious they think he is a good player, or else he wouldn't play.

Ralf came in and decided AWB, Martial, Rashford are not playing well, or didn't rate them, go have a look at their minutes compared to Maguire who always starts.
And look where we are! 7 th !

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It may be controversial for some but Maguire in form is not better than Evans or Smalling in similar form. Which is a good level and shouldn't be ridiculed the way many do but it's also probably not good enough.

Man Utd 3:2 Norwich

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The term agenda gets thrown around far too often on the internet, but I am utterly convinced there is one against Harry Maguire.

The matchday thread today was beyond belief.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Does he think he plays in a 3 man defense? Why is he constantly leaving his position? :annoyed:

edgecutter

The term agenda gets thrown around far too often on the internet, but I am utterly convinced there is one against Harry Maguire.

The matchday thread today was beyond belief.
Agenda? The guy isn't good enough and he is costing us goals in nearly every game we have played this season. He was at fault for Norwichs first

Status
Not open for further replies.