Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffFromHK

It may be controversial for some but Maguire in form is not better than Evans or Smalling in similar form. Which is a good level and shouldn't be ridiculed the way many do but it's also probably not good enough.
He is a player just delivers a comical moment at least every single game.
The way he injured Pogba's head with his foot is just unbelievable. He is just a walking meme, and I can bet with all my monies that if we get rid of him this summer, we will concede less goals next season, and the team that takes him in will concede more goals than this season

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Agenda? The guy isn't good enough and he is costing us goals in nearly every game we have played this season. He was at fault for Norwichs first
Okay, you explain to me how he was more at fault for the goal than Dalot or Telles.

Then I'll have my turn.

the hea

The term agenda gets thrown around far too often on the internet, but I am utterly convinced there is one against Harry Maguire.

The matchday thread today was beyond belief.
Yup. People where blaming him for the first goal when he did exactly what he was supposed to do and tracked the run.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Why was he picking up blame on the 2nd goal? That situation is under control until Lindelof decided to randomly leave their one attacking player alone.

I mean he was terrible, but that wasn't his fault. Needs the summer off. Still a decent player in there.

edgecutter

Okay, you explain to me how he was more at fault for the goal than Dalot or Telles.

Then I'll have my turn.
Dalot has got pletters for his shite performance as well.

Maguire gets pulled out of position (his choosing) and that means Lindelof and tells are pulled across for that first goal. Maguire also gave the ball away for Norwich to get possession to get the goal.

80 million defender that has made our defence worse, but let's pretend he's not a problem.

Based Adnan

Guy abandons his position for fun. Only he knows why he decided to follow the guy to the right back position and leave a massive gap for Norwichs first.

the hea

Maguire gets pulled out of position (his choosing) and that means Lindelof and tells are pulled across for that first goal. Maguire also gave the ball away for Norwich to get possession to get the goal.

80 million defender that has made our defence worse, but let's pretend he's not a problem.
Maguire 100% needs to track that run or Norwich has one easy through ball to the runner and he is in behind our defensive line in a ton of space. The big mistake is Pogba not dropping deep and covering the space in the middle.

SAFMUTD

Maguire clearly made a mistake on the first goal leaving a hole behind him, but the goal it's more on Telles who just didn't even bother to track his man.

Second goal is totally on Lindelof.

He's been shit, he's not up to it, we must replace him, but it seems every goal we conceed it's on him when it's clearly not.

edgecutter

Maguire 100% needs to track that run or Norwich has one easy through ball to the runner and he is in behind our defensive line in a ton of space. The big mistake is Pogba not dropping deep and covering the space in the middle.
The runner was nearly out by the corner flag, he didn't need to come out that far. Look at the gap created between him and lindelof.

Reddevildans

Missed the game until 80mins. Turned on the stream and see maguire boot the ball out of play on the left. I won't talk about his defending. But his passing is utterly useless. His short passes lack any pace and his crossfield long passes float in the air far too long and go out of play so many times. We paid 80m for this plank. He's only going to get slower and slower with age.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He might have been the biggest joke in world football for a few months, but to be fair to him, Arsenal are trying really hard to get their title back.

the hea

The runner was nearly out by the corner flag, he didn't need to come out that far. Look at the gap created between him and lindelof.
I think he is doing exactly what he is supposed to in this situation. If Maguire did not track the run of the Norwich player here he would be in behind our defensive line in a ton of space. The big mistake is Pogba not dropping deep to cover the space and Elanga not tracking the run of Pukki.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

Then I'll have my turn.
People see him near a player and they decide it was his fault. Their first goal started with Elanga marking Pukki and as soon as Pukki passed it, Elanga turned his back to him and let him go, yet some how Maguire is at fault because it was his side of the field. Had Maguire switched to pick up Pukki they would have passed it to the guy Maguire was marking. On the second goal, who is Lindelof marking? He doesn't even look at Pukki and just lets him go. But yeah, it's all Maguire's fault and these guys aren't scapegoating him at all

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The only thing he does right, is when he gives a good kick at Pogba's head.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I think he is doing exactly what he is supposed to in this situation. If Maguire did not track the run of the Norwich player here he would be in behind our defensive line in a ton of space. The big mistake is Pogba not dropping deep to cover the space and Elanga not tracking the run of Pukki.
Yup...and Elanga is caught ball watching while Pukki runs right past him. But people want to blame Maguire. Patheitc

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
That goal wasn't his fault but his overall performance was crap. So the fact that the goal wasn't his fault doesn't make things any better.

United in sin

It may be controversial for some but Maguire in form is not better than Evans or Smalling in similar form. Which is a good level and shouldn't be ridiculed the way many do but it's also probably not good enough.
Smallings top form is something Maguire can only dream of. Evans too and he was shite at united in all honesty. A drop down in expectation/pressure did Evans a world of good and he is a far more accomplished CB at Leicester than Maguire ever would've been in my opinion

United in sin

Yup...and Elanga is caught ball watching while Pukki runs right past him. But people want to blame Maguire. Patheitc
More pathetic that you never see fault in anything Maguire does. He's distinctly average/par for the course at his optimal best at united and absolutely diabolical at his worst, which is more often than not in the balance of things during his time here

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

That's really what you saw? Okay, you're welcome to your opinion mate. It's all good :p

Telles wasn't pulled anywhere, he was stood on the 18-yard line throughout the attack. The goalscorer got round the back of him undetected and thus unmarked for an easy finish. Telles was caught ball watching.

*edit* not for the first time this season if I recall. He's been guilty of ball watching a few times this season.

Dalot doesn't know how to defend, neither mentally nor technically. The way he stands opposite the Norwich winger, square on with his legs wide apart was absolutely criminal. Any sensible fullback stands side-on, forcing the attacker to beat him on the outside. That's common knowledge even for Saturday footballers. To not know that as a PL player is beyond belief. He should never play for the club again.

You could say Maguire made the wrong call by tracking the runner, maybe, if you were being harsh. But then again, it's natural for a central defender to track an unmarked runner. Defenders get pulled out of position all the time. But again, Maguire would have had to make that call if Dalot was in line with the rest of the defence. Either way, it all leads back to Dalot. Also, Mctominay would have covered for Maguire if he was playing - that's literally his job. He wasn't playing, so he was exposed.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
More pathetic that you never see fault in anything Maguire does. He's distinctly average/par for the course at his optimal best at united and absolutely diabolical at his worst, which is more often than not in the balance of things during his time here
He had a good game considering we played without a DM today, as did Lindelof by extension.

I don't even blame Lindelof for the second goal. He was stuck in a position where he either goes with the runner or closes down the oncoming player. He was stuck in no-mans land because we have lazy midfielders who continually got caught forward this afternoon.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That pic does Pogba no favours either. He should be busting a gut to plug the gap there. Mctominay or Fred would have.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
People see him near a player and they decide it was his fault. Their first goal started with Elanga marking Pukki and as soon as Pukki passed it, Elanga turned his back to him and let him go, yet some how Maguire is at fault because it was his side of the field. Had Maguire switched to pick up Pukki they would have passed it to the guy Maguire was marking. On the second goal, who is Lindelof marking? He doesn't even look at Pukki and just lets him go. But yeah, it's all Maguire's fault and these guys aren't scapegoating him at all
It is blatant scapegoating. Sad to see.

mu4c_20le

Nobody was prepared for Dalot to get ghosted like that, so everyone was out of position when the free cross came in. I'm pretty sure Maguire wouldn't have decided to charge out like that if he had, because it's unrealistic to expect Pogba to plug in the space.

RedIan

Looked like he had 10lb of lead in each boot..
donkey performance. Needs replacing. He just doesn’t fit Man Unoted.

Red-17

Thank you. Maguire leaving him there would literally cause the exact same scenario just for a different player. The problem is that Elanga and Pogba both fail to mark Pukki. Why we are blaming the player who is properly marking and not the two who don't is baffling to me.

Red-17

I’ve never known a player be scapegoated as much as he is
It is honestly ridiculous. Have never seen a player so consistently targeted for things that are either not their fault or freak occurrences. Has he been good this season? No not at all, but people acting like he is a championship player when he is still a very good player. No one would look good if held to the scrutiny he gets.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It is honestly ridiculous. Have never seen a player so consistently targeted for things that are either not their fault or freak occurrences. Has he been good this season? No not at all, but people acting like he is a championship player when he is still a very good player. No one would look good if held to the scrutiny he gets.
There are players in the current side that have had it worse.

Red-17

There are players in the current side that have had it worse.
Apart from maybe Pogba, I don't think so. The bandwagon of hate is over the top for a player who is far from our biggest issue, especially given that he was arguably our most important player last season.

Stadjer

I would blame that goal on Elanga not following Pukki his run. I suppose Pogba could have slotted into the central defense but he isnt a defensive midfielder and is blocking off a passing lane to the two players outside the box. Dont think it is a huge mistake from Maguire, a nice change.

Maguire is still a very average defender and he is so clumsy. Has there ever been a more clumsy player playing for Manchester United? He looks clumsy, cant turn and run, mishits loads of his passes, deflects shots into the goal and now even manages to kick his teammates in the head. It is very unlucky but ofcourse it happens to be Maguire who kicks Pogba in the head :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.