Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
All these interview is causing more anger. Why cant they wait and get few wins before opening their mouth?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He and Wan Bissaka are money not spent wisely, you can't spend the sort of money we've spent on them for them to still have the sort of weakness they've got!!

They'll both need replacing sooner than later as they aren't good enough.

United in sin

He and Wan Bissaka are money not spent wisely, you can't spend the sort of money we've spent on them for them to still have the sort of weakness they've got!!

They'll both need replacing sooner than later as they aren't good enough.
AWB is a better defender than our clown of a captain

red4ever 79

Should be nowhere near a Manchester United starting lineup based on current form. Unfortunately he will start again. Out of his depth as captain of this club also. Not used to the expectations and scrutiny a club of our size brings. He wilts
The performances this week. You see this is where the big problem is with Ole, Maguire. They focus on the Liverpool result and they honestly think the fans are over reacting. Never mind 1 point from 12, no clean sheets in 20 odd games, been shit all season except maybe Leeds

VanDeBank

Ma’am
AWB is a better defender than our clown of a captain
If AWB was a better defender he'd be a CB. His positioning is lacking. Lifts offside countless times. Last season he had a game where he did it 3 times in the span of 2 minutes.

I struggle to think of a RB at a top club that offers as little on the ball as him. Dumfries? Then again he scores 5 goals a season.

Maguire shouldn't be our captain and wasn't worth his fee, but he's a solid CB.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
AWB is a brilliant young player. A proper coach will take him to the next level.

Maguire on the other hand, is a slow plodding busted flush.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
AWB is a brilliant young player. A proper coach will take him to the next level.

What's brilliant about not being able to give Ronnie one useful cross 10 games in or not being able to do anything with the space he is afforded on the right side of the pitch? He'll be 24 next month, lacks technical ability and still doesn't know how to defend outside of 1v1's. The difference between him and Shaw is staggering

He can't get into the England team because of Trippier who didn't exactly set the world on fire at Spurs and Kyle Walker who's bang average. Maguire on the other hand was one of the better CBs of the euros.

TsuWave

He was an ever present for 2 seasons and prob had 2 or 3 bad games in that time...
:lol: this is just not true. Maguire has mostly been underwhelming to outright bad since we've signed. He's had moments of good form, but "need to find a partner for Maguire" is a campaign that ran pretty much up until we bagged Varane, and now there are suggestions that Varane-Lindelof might actually be a better pairing than Varane-Maguire.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Adnan
What do you make of this? Pretty surprising, no? Would have thought the new infrastructure was there to support the players.
Tbh with you I'm not sure how things translate from the data science department to team algorithms or even individually from a statistical perspective. From what I've read and heard from other data scientists that appear on a podcast I sometimes listen to, (Training ground guru) the 5 man team led by Mick Court who all work in the data science department at the club, work on recruitment in conjunction with Marcel Bout who runs the rule before passing on the names to Mick Court and his team to do the number crunching.

Dominic Jordan who we recently appointed is the one who it seems is the one whose domain will be to help the coaching staff and players achieve success on the pitch by applying a data driven approach with emphasis on team algorithms and individuality when it comes to collating the numbers.

Skyhightrees

I've never seen enough quality in Maguire, even when he was on form, he always had a mistake or two in his locker.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Tbh with you I'm not sure how things translate from the data science department to team algorithms or even individually from a statistical perspective. From what I've read and heard from other data scientists that appear on a podcast I sometimes listen to, (Training ground guru) the 5 man team led by Mick Court who all work in the data science department at the club, work on recruitment in conjunction with Marcel Bout who runs the rule before passing on the names to Mick Court and his team to do the number crunching.

Dominic Jordan who we recently appointed is the one who it seems is the one whose domain will be to help the coaching staff and players achieve success on the pitch by applying a data driven approach with emphasis on team algorithms and individuality when it comes to collating the numbers.
Knowledgable as always, cheers. Seems the car is being built as we drive. For all the talk of identifying weaknesses and problem areas, it just seems to me quite staggering that he's not been relayed statistical information to help him understand his weaknesses and the team as a whole. And it does further support the popular opinion that the players are not really being coached properly and when we hit a rough patch (not like now, all the other times) it is just motivational speak.

Let's hope the next manager and coaching staff are highly intelligent and obsessive over details, as they should be. For you can talk about small margins, and then there's doing something about those margins.

United in sin

If AWB was a better defender he'd be a CB. His positioning is lacking. Lifts offside countless times. Last season he had a game where he did it 3 times in the span of 2 minutes.

I struggle to think of a RB at a top club that offers as little on the ball as him. Dumfries? Then again he scores 5 goals a season.

Maguire shouldn't be our captain and wasn't worth his fee, but he's a solid CB.
If AWB was a CB he'd have a higher ceiling than the absolute fraud that has fooled a nation. AWB offers more on the ball than you give him credit for. For instance he has 9 assists for United since he joined two seasons ago while Shaw has 14 for united since he joined in 2014

THIS!

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
There is no way that they are not looking at the statistics.
Are you surprised?
I like the bloke, but he’s not known for being truthful is he?

Oh, and regards the pointless slagging he’s getting.
He was praised to high heaven last season and he’s just off the pace at the moment. Slagging him off on forums isn’t going to help him find his mojo and Ole ain’t going to drop his captain so why?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Knowledgable as always, cheers. Seems the car is being built as we drive. For all the talk of identifying weaknesses and problem areas, it just seems to me quite staggering that he's not been relayed statistical information to help him understand his weaknesses and the team as a whole. And it does further support the popular opinion that the players are not really being coached properly and when we hit a rough patch (not like now, all the other times) it is just motivational speak.

Let's hope the next manager and coaching staff are highly intelligent and obsessive over details, as they should be. For you can talk about small margins, and then there's doing something about those margins.
Below are quotes from a recent interview with Dominic Jordan whose remit is to help the players and staff when it comes to understanding data, algorithms etc when it comes to improving the collective using a data driven approach. Thought you might be interested mate.

Dominic Jordan: “I have seen first-hand how data used in the right way can transform organisations of all kinds. To get the opportunity to do exactly that for the football club I love – well, it was a no-brainer.

“My job will be to build a team of data scientists and analysts who will gather, clean and combine data from all kinds of sources to help the true experts make effective decisions with more confidence.

“There is so much potential for data science to benefit the club, from assisting with player recruitment, automatically analysing patterns of play to extracting information from video feeds in real time.

“At first it’s a question of determining which problems are the most important for the club and tackling those to deliver quick but effective results.”

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/fan-v...-fans-react-to-director-of-data-science-hire/

SamVimes

Are you surprised?
I like the bloke, but he’s not known for being truthful is he?

Oh, and regards the pointless slagging he’s getting.
He was praised to high heaven last season and he’s just off the pace at the moment. Slagging him off on forums isn’t going to help him find his mojo and Ole ain’t going to drop his captain so why?
What? I am not slagging him off. I just find it unbelievable that in this age of data that he is claiming that no one is looking at statistics of his performances with him. We have a whole data analytics department at United. FFS I know an amateur GAA footballer who is walking around with a tracker 24/7 and coaches are dissecting and discussing the data with him.

Oranges038

I can't be the only one who can't endure to hear or read anything this guy says? All his apologizing quotes feel so cringey.
He's just so bland, like a loaf of white bread.

He also looks like he doesn't even believe the words that are coming out of his own mouth.

RooneyLegend

Pressing and playing a high line with him in the team is just a bad idea. Another player we should use in certain games and not in others.

AFC NimbleThumb

I can't be the only one who can't endure to hear or read anything this guy says? All his apologizing quotes feel so cringey.
He’s always been wooden but he’s been afforded less press time during his dips in form but now he’s been thrust forwards more often it’s painful to think this man is considered ’the leader’ in our dressing room.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
What? I am not slagging him off. I just find it unbelievable that in this age of data that he is claiming that no one is looking at statistics of his performances with him. We have a whole data analytics department at United. FFS I know an amateur GAA footballer who is walking around with a tracker 24/7 and coaches are dissecting and discussing the data with him.
Sam, I’ve read back and I apologise for my clumsy use of words. It wasn’t meant to be aimed directly at you, I’d intended it to be a general comment but I can see that it didn’t read as I’d intended.

I agree that he was lying, that was plain as day and as farcical as his Greek episode, but I was trying to inject a bit of respect for him as a player and I put that into my response with the intention that it would be read as being for the consumption of the wider audience.

So yes he’s a liar, and a poor one at that, but as a player he’s the best that England have at what he does. I think he’s just going through a rough patch and that’s not helped by the way the side’s set up at the moment.
I think he’ll come good when the side settles properly into whatever shape is best to accommodate the personal changes that have got the whole side looking panicked when under any kind of pressure recently.

I‘m guessing that we’ll see the tried and tested ‘low block & counter attack’ again today, Maguire will be fine and that it’ll be more of a team performance.
It’s a way of playing that’s stood you in good stead in recent seasons with very few losses on the road.
I honestly can’t see you losing today if Ole gets back to what‘s proven to work so well.

Smores

I guess the data outcomes flow through to the coaching staff and they translate that into coaching on specific elements. Or at least that's the idea.

I really don't see Ole going through the type of process that LvG did where it was detailed view of a players issues and one to one coaching. It's too negative for him and he'll be aware of previous push back against it.

There's too many repeated issues that are never fixed for us to be doing that type of coaching.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
So much hatred and slagging Maguire off on here at the moment. Most of it uncalled for IMHO, he has had a few bad games like most of the players around him, he was thrown into the team unfit by his manager and all of a sudden he is a waste of money, waste of space, a poor captain etc.

He isnt the most mobile player, we know that, we didnt buy him for his searing pace. He didnt choose the price tag...that was the club.

He was an ever present for 2 seasons and prob had 2 or 3 bad games in that time...how many bad games has Bruno AWB or Rashford had in that time? All 3 of these have been atrocious in back to back games for long periods and pull out a wonder goal or a last ditch slide tackle and all is forgiven.

Removing his captaincy is not the answer, we need him to have a good run alongside Varane and give the guy a bit of respect.
Absolutely correct. There are some short memories.
He was much of the reason for Utd‘s Premier League record breaking run of 28 away games without defeat.
There’s too much misdirected anger around the place at the moment.

Born2Lose

Not usually a fan of these kinds of videos, but this one I think is really good and shows why the defence is often blamed undeservedly for how we lose.

People are very shortsighted if they think changing Maguire for someone else will magically solve all the problems.

Raven

Not usually a fan of these kinds of videos, but this one I think is really good and shows why the defence is often blamed undeservedly for how we lose.

People are very shortsighted if they think changing Maguire for someone else will magically solve all the problems.
It's been a catalog of individual errors from Maguire leading to goals lately, you really can expect it to be different if he's replaced in the starting xi with Varane.

Revan

Assumptionman
There is no way that they are not looking at the statistics.
It is quite possible that we don't. Bruno chose to shoot penalties second last year, despite that the ones who shoot first win around 60% of the times. He was not aware of that.

We have amateurs in charge.

LoneStar

If Varane is fit to play, should he be dropped for today's game? I think so. Idk what's wrong with him, but he needs some time off the starting 11.

Tottenham 0:3 Man Utd

YouknowNani

Can't stand watching him in our defence anymore. Varane is on a different level to this guy. Varane and Lindelof would be a far better partnership. Both better defenders and they can actually move with the ball instead of these strange 2mph robotic movements we see from Maguire. Sorry, but it's painful to watch and he needs to be dropped. We only need a back 5 because the rest of the defence has to carry Maguire.

Last edited:

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s awful and has been in most games he’s played for us. We should dress him up real nice and sell him to the lovely new owners at Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.