Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

He’s awful and has been in most games he’s played for us. We should dress him up real nice and sell him to the lovely new owners at Newcastle.
What a complete crock of ball bags. Our best central defender last season. Off form and brought back very quickly from an injury that was going to keep him out a lot longer than it did, this season. He was dominant in the air tonight and controlled in everything he did.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What a complete crock of ball bags. Our best central defender last season. Off form and brought back very quickly from an injury that was going to keep him out a lot longer than it did, this season. He was dominant in the air tonight and controlled in everything he did.
I feel sorry for you fella if this is what you are seeing. He’s a constant disaster and most of our team’s problems start with him. We will never ever win anything with him in the team and having him as captain compounds the problem. He’s too slow, can’t play a high line, can’t make a decent pass under pressure, can’t dominate aerially, can’t pick up a man from set pieces, doesn’t communicate with his teammates, doesn’t show any emotion or other leadership qualities. Other than that he’s OK.

Red_toad

I feel sorry for you fella if this is what you are seeing. He’s a constant disaster and most of our team’s problems start with him. We will never ever win anything with him in the team and having him as captain compounds the problem. He’s too slow, can’t play a high line, can’t make a decent pass under pressure, can’t dominate aerially, can’t pick up a man from set pieces, doesn’t communicate with his teammates, doesn’t show any emotion or other leadership qualities. Other than that he’s OK.
I’d say I’ve a better appreciation of the game then you, so I won’t worry about your opinion.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's probably the most aerially dominant CB in the world. Maybe you've been watching Tobey Maguire?

Andersons Dietician

Showed signs of life today. Still at times went for a wonder and got lost but Varane and Lindelof did a good job of calling him back in but he did seem to be reading things a lot better but I guess his positioning is just something that will always be an issue. It’s just made worse by his slow feet.

That call he made when he left Locelso to track the runner was a top bit of play.

gza the genius

Wasn't great still despite us doing everything we can to be defensively sound and Spurs being every bit as bad today as we were against Liverpool. I'd like to see a back four with Lindelof and Varane given a go.

Classical Mechanic

I’ve long been a defender of Maguire and while I think he’ll come back into form and be a good player for us again I think he needs to be replaced as captain. He does little to inspire as the face for project Ole and Keane was right to criticise his interviews. He come across as defensive, meek and unimpressive. I think it would be better for him to keep him out of that kind of spotlight because he isn’t cut out for it. Bruno or Ronaldo would better fit the role.

westmeath

All the Harry defence team mobilised as usual. It’s just bizarre that people can’t see how useless this guy is. Not going to argue, there’s clearly some kind of mental block at play. I know you guys have invested a lot in supporting Harry but sooner or later the reality will dawn on you.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Below are quotes from a recent interview with Dominic Jordan whose remit is to help the players and staff when it comes to understanding data, algorithms etc when it comes to improving the collective using a data driven approach. Thought you might be interested mate.

Dominic Jordan: “I have seen first-hand how data used in the right way can transform organisations of all kinds. To get the opportunity to do exactly that for the football club I love – well, it was a no-brainer.

“My job will be to build a team of data scientists and analysts who will gather, clean and combine data from all kinds of sources to help the true experts make effective decisions with more confidence.

“There is so much potential for data science to benefit the club, from assisting with player recruitment, automatically analysing patterns of play to extracting information from video feeds in real time.

“At first it’s a question of determining which problems are the most important for the club and tackling those to deliver quick but effective results.”

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/fan-v...-fans-react-to-director-of-data-science-hire/
Thanks for the link. It looks very promising for the future whilst alarming for the time up to now as we really should have already been on the case. There are so many areas that it can benefit the team and individual players.

I guess the data outcomes flow through to the coaching staff and they translate that into coaching on specific elements. Or at least that's the idea.

I really don't see Ole going through the type of process that LvG did where it was detailed view of a players issues and one to one coaching. It's too negative for him and he'll be aware of previous push back against it.

There's too many repeated issues that are never fixed for us to be doing that type of coaching.
I don't think it's an effort to not be negative. I don't think he's the most intelligent manager out there, but I also don't think he's a child, which he'd have to be to cater to players softness like that.

jem

Looked a lot more comfortable with Varane helping him out, but I still don't think he's ultimately good enough, at least not to be a nailed-on starter, let alone team captain.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
3 at the back help him tremendously. Knowing he has cover he can come out of the defense for the ball or with the ball. Go for the long balls from GK and know he has enough cover even if he misses it. His lack is pace isn't an issue here.

YouknowNani

I’d say I’ve a better appreciation of the game then you, so I won’t worry about your opinion.
You should worry, he's spot on and you have absolutely no 'appreciation of the game' if you can't see Maguire as absolutely woeful. He's the worst player in this team by a mile.

All the Harry defence team mobilised as usual. It’s just bizarre that people can’t see how useless this guy is. Not going to argue, there’s clearly some kind of mental block at play. I know you guys have invested a lot in supporting Harry but sooner or later the reality will dawn on you.
Completely agree. I don't dislike the guy but am getting extremely frustrated that he remains in the team and remains our captain despite quite obviously being our biggest problem along with the DM position. Even if we had a world class DM we'd still need 5 at the back if Maguire remains in the team. He's so often caught out of position and repeatedly makes mistakes that pulls the rest of the defence out of position due to having to cover the gaping spaces he leaves for the opposition. It's painful to watch.

AFC NimbleThumb

Looking better because we’ve sacrificed an attacking player & had to put one of the worlds best CBs in to babysit him is hardly him turning a corner. Looked better yesterday but the formation is there cover weaknesses in the team not play to its strengths.

Red_toad

You should worry, he's spot on and you have absolutely no 'appreciation of the game' if you can't see Maguire as absolutely woeful. He's the worst player in this team by a mile.
I have no need to worry, your opinion isn't correct nor important.

westmeath

He's probably the most aerially dominant CB in the world. Maybe you've been watching Tobey Maguire?

I doubt Tobey Maguire would get caught out so many times at set pieces. Seriously “most aerially dominant CB in the world”??
The level of delusion in the Harry camp is just eye watering at times.

lex talionis

Another player who needs some rest. Varane and Lindelof should be able to cope with Atalanta while Harry gathers himself for City three days later.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I doubt Tobey Maguire would get caught out so many times at set pieces. Seriously “most aerially dominant CB in the world”??
The level of delusion in the Harry camp is just eye watering at times.
Piss off with turning every disagreement into "camps" and calling others delusional because they watch games and have eyeballs.
Read the first page of this thread and tell me which camp I'm in exactly.

He is. Won 84% of his aerials in the euro, the highest percentage ever recorded for a CB. You clearly have never watched a United game if you think Maguire is bad in the air. He's so good at it, it's blatantly obvious and all the stats confirm it. Maguire has issues but you have to be some WUM to deny he is insanely big and strong.

Which means nothing if you're absolute shite at heading which Harry Maguire is
Wrong, for a defender just winning out in the aerial duel means everything. Having good aim is a bonus and yes Virgil and Ramos are better at aiming it, that's hardly something to criticize Maguire for. For someone that's supposedly shite at it, he scores quite a lot of headers.

Maguires official PL stats 20/21
Duels won203
Duels lost105
Aerial battles won135
Aerial battles lost43

for comparison Dias last season:
Duels won111
Duels lost78
Aerial battles won62
Aerial battles lost39

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Piss off with turning every disagreement into "camps" and calling others delusional because they watch games and have eyeballs.

He is. Won 84% of his aerials in the euro, the highest percentage ever recorded for a CB. You clearly have never watched a United game if you think Maguire is bad in the air. He's so good at it, it's blatantly obvious and all the stats confirm it. Maguire has issues but you have to be some WUM to deny he is insanely big and strong.

Wrong, for a defender just winning out in the aerial duel means everything. Having good aim is a bonus and yes Virgil and Ramos are better at aiming it, that's hardly something to criticize Maguire for. For someone that's supposedly shite at it, he scores quite a lot of headers.

Duels won203
Duels lost105
Aerial battles won135
Aerial battles lost43

Duels won111
Duels lost78
Aerial battles won62
Aerial battles lost39
This is such a myth. Maguire has been a pro footballer for almost 10 years and he's scored 17 headed goals in that time period. Most of those goals came when he was still playing in the Championship. If you include this season's goals he only has 6 EPL headed goals to his name

westmeath

Duels won203
Duels lost105
Aerial battles won135
Aerial battles lost43

Duels won111
Duels lost78
Aerial battles won62
Aerial battles lost39
Talking about winning duels ignores the important duels that Harry misses out on, specifically the free headers in our box from which we concede lots of goals. These are duels that he should be contesting but instead he is out of position rooted to the spot.

If he really was the best aerial defender or whatever you said he was, we would not be leaking goals at our current rate.

I agree he is very big and does not look like a professional footballer.

Based Adnan

You shouldn't be captain when you're one of the worst players costing the team week in week out. Said the same with Ashley Young.

Strip him of the captaincy already and give it Ronnie or Burno.

What’s happened to him. Fallen off a cliff. Putting in some of the worst performances I’ve ever seen this season. Must be a Euro hangover surely?

Reactions: Cheimoon

acnumber9

Continuing to pick him is a sacking offence in its own right. He’s cost us about 8 goals in two weeks. We used to have captain marvel now we have captain mediocre.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He should've been dropped for Spurs and tonight, but now there are no alternatives so he'll be in the team for City. He's absolutely useless. I don't understand how he's still captain or in the team.

Roux

World class at sticking his hand up for offside, everything else - rubbish.

One of the worse signings we've ever made.

Bwuk

He’s been terrible for a while now. If he wasn’t captain he’d be dropped.

AFC NimbleThumb

There’s no wonder players who’ve been benched for less are now leaking things to the press when this man gets to play every game with no consequence.

A terrible signing, was never worth the outlay & horrendous limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.