Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

Sorry to be the nearest of bad news, but Maguire lost his concentration and let Felix go. Otherwise actually had a decent game, but he is at fault for the early goal we conceded, even allowing for how brilliant the cross and the header were.

Anders80

But when people have an agenda they will look for reasons to blame a particular player...
But when there's an agenda like there is against Maguire, this is what we get...
Your posts made me laugh, bud. You're in the Lindelöf thread calling him complete shite in a hundred different posts, and anyone disagreeing with you has an agenda. Then you're in this thread calling Maguire great, and anyone disagreeing with you has an agenda. :lol:

Chief123

The only reason Fred was under pressure was because he tried to control it to his feet rather than touch it into space. It was a basic play that any midfielder should deal with easily. If his first touch is 3 feet to his right there is no issue. But he tries to control it and invited pressure and then blames Maguire for his miscontrol.
That's not correct at all. If you watch it again, you'll see it was a poor pass from Maguire to Fred in that it was in the air when it should have been a ball to feet along the ground. There was no reason for Maguire to pass it the way he did. Fred had no option but to control a ball hip height and then play it or to play it first time which is a high risk pass to play at that height. I'm not a big fan of Fred as I don't think he's good enough for us, but in this instance Maguires pass caused the problem.

You're defending Maguire because you feel you have to defend everything about him which is the other extreme of an agenda against him.

jem

The only reason Fred was under pressure was because he tried to control it to his feet rather than touch it into space. It was a basic play that any midfielder should deal with easily. If his first touch is 3 feet to his right there is no issue. But he tries to control it and invited pressure and then blames Maguire for his miscontrol.
You clearly have an agenda against Fred. Maybe you should form your own opinions and not blindly follow the opinions of pundits like Goldbridge...

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
You clearly have an agenda against Fred. Maybe you should form your own opinions and not blindly follow the opinions of pundits like Goldbridge...
I think it's both. Maguire's pass was bad. Fred's touch was bad. I'd lean on it being more on Fred because a better player takes control of that, and then bollocks the defense for that pass. You'd naturally expect your centre midfielder to have a better touch.

But I do agree with @Lentwood. There was a clear agenda against Maguire. Goal wasn't even his fault. Just an excellent goal. Felix came from his blindside and conjured up a special finish.

And I thought blaming Maguire for Rashford's form was laughable. Rashford gets afforded a lot of protection from the footballing media. I do wonder why, sometimes....

Sylar

I think it's both. Maguire's pass was bad. Fred's touch was bad. I'd lean on it being more on Fred because a better player takes control of that, and then bollocks the defense for that pass. You'd naturally expect your centre midfielder to have a better touch.
Sure, but surely Maguire knows what Fred is capable of. So passing like that (lets be honest Maguire should be passing it on the floor) is a mistake by him.
Saying that, Maguire was the better CB yesterday. But both CBs were not helped by a piss poor midfield.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’m no fan of either but I have to credit you for sticking to the Maguire cause as much as you do, that was what is known in the game as a hospital pass. You don’t play that pass in that situation to that player.

Tragically Hip

Just admit it was not a great pass considering the proximity. You're blaming Fred for trying to 'control it to his feet'? I mean, come on.

jem

But I do agree with @Lentwood. There was a clear agenda against Maguire. Goal wasn't even his fault. Just an excellent goal. Felix came from his blindside and conjured up a special finish.

And I thought blaming Maguire for Rashford's form was laughable. Rashford gets afforded a lot of protection from the footballing media. I do wonder why, sometimes....
They are both shite.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Just admit it was not a great pass considering the proximity. You're blaming Fred for trying to 'control it to his feet'? I mean, come on.
Yes I'm blaming Fred. If I know how to handle that pass and can control that pass, so should he. If you don't understand what I'm saying, then just bow out. You obviously don't know what you're talking about

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I’m no fan of either but I have to credit you for sticking to the Maguire cause as much as you do, that was what is known in the game as a hospital pass. You don’t play that pass in that situation to that player.
It was a hospital first touch. All Fred has to do is touch it into space and all is good. But because he tries to control it he invited a challenge. Not every pass is going to be perfect. Fred should know how to touch it into space and turn. And never try and control to feet without having a look around first. It's basic football...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Not at all. I like Fred. I just don't scapegoat. It wasn't a perfect pass but it should have been handled easily. Can you imagine Roy Keane whining because the pass was too hard and not perfect? give your head a shake

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
That's not correct at all. If you watch it again, you'll see it was a poor pass from Maguire to Fred in that it was in the air when it should have been a ball to feet along the ground. There was no reason for Maguire to pass it the way he did. Fred had no option but to control a ball hip height and then play it or to play it first time which is a high risk pass to play at that height. I'm not a big fan of Fred as I don't think he's good enough for us, but in this instance Maguires pass caused the problem.

You're defending Maguire because you feel you have to defend everything about him which is the other extreme of an agenda against him.
You are 100% wrong. Do you even know what I mean when I say "touch it into space instead of control to feet"? If not, then you should just stop commenting

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Your posts made me laugh, bud. You're in the Lindelöf thread calling him complete shite in a hundred different posts, and anyone disagreeing with you has an agenda. Then you're in this thread calling Maguire great, and anyone disagreeing with you has an agenda. :lol:
When did I call Lindelof complete shite? I said he's not as good as Maguire but have never called him complete shite. I think he's a great 3rd option to rotate in. I'd also like to see him played at DM because he's obviously comfortable in possession and can pick a pass. But go on, tell more lies

AFC NimbleThumb

It was a hospital first touch. All Fred has to do is touch it into space and all is good. But because he tries to control it he invited a challenge. Not every pass is going to be perfect. Fred should know how to touch it into space and turn. And never try and control to feet without having a look around first. It's basic football...
Again, I commend how steadfast you are in your denial. The action breeds a reaction in this instance. All in all, I’m surprised how this passage of play has grown legs. Our players play poor passes all game every game lately.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

I agee it was a good goal but he shouldve been way tighter even if he cant prevent the goal.

And it was just a really shite pass. Fred was correct. When do you see Pique play balls like that into Busquets? (hint: never ever).

united for life

If we scored that goal that Felix scored everyone would be talking about how great a cross and finish it was. Not a single person would blame their defender. But when there's an agenda like there is against Maguire, this is what we get...
that was poor defending. I have no agenda. It’s just poor defending

jem

Not at all. I like Fred. I just don't scapegoat. It wasn't a perfect pass but it should have been handled easily. Can you imagine Roy Keane whining because the pass was too hard and not perfect? give your head a shake
Agenda FC

Anders80

When did I call Lindelof complete shite? I said he's not as good as Maguire but have never called him complete shite. I think he's a great 3rd option to rotate in. I'd also like to see him played at DM because he's obviously comfortable in possession and can pick a pass. But go on, tell more lies
Hard to read anything else from your zealous negative statements about him. Regardless, you seem to think anyone disagreeing with you has an agenda, when it is you if anyone that has one.

Tragically Hip

Yes I'm blaming Fred. If I know how to handle that pass and can control that pass, so should he. If you don't understand what I'm saying, then just bow out. You obviously don't know what you're talking about
Coming from the guy who says Fred "should never try and control to feet." I bow to your football knowledge.

Chief123

You are 100% wrong. Do you even know what I mean when I say "touch it into space instead of control to feet"? If not, then you should just stop commenting
You really are clouded by your support of Maguire. Anybody who knows anything about football will tell you it was an unnecessary poor pass by Maguire. What Fred did with it afterwards is irrelevant.

With the greatest respect, seeing all your posts it’s becoming pretty evident that you chat a lot of bollocks.

acnumber9

Felix came from his blindside and conjured up a special finish.
Which would be fine if this was an isolated incident. It isn’t. He regularly has people coming from his blindside which begs the question, why does he have so many blindsides? Shaw is poor too because he sees it happens and seemingly does nothing about it but Maguire needs to be looking at what’s around him and not just at the ball. He’s supposed to be a top centre back.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You really are clouded by your support of Maguire. Anybody who knows anything about football will tell you it was an unnecessary poor pass by Maguire. What Fred did with it afterwards is irrelevant.

With the greatest respect, seeing all your posts it’s becoming pretty evident that you chat a lot of bollocks.
That pass happens several times a game without issue. If you don't understand what Fred did wrong then you just shouldn't talk because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Touch it into space and there is no issue. The reason there is an issue is because Fred tries to control to feet.

captaincantona

The “agenda” crowd wreck my head...guy takes a poor touch “agenda”....guy plays the ball directly to a striker “agenda”.
It’s surely only an agenda of it involves the manipulation of a positive performance and still trying to portray the performance in a bad light.

Chief123

That pass happens several times a game without issue. If you don't understand what Fred did wrong then you just shouldn't talk because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Touch it into space and there is no issue. The reason there is an issue is because Fred tries to control to feet.
You keep spouting "touch it into space" :lol: Do you realise how stupid that sounds! So Fred should just hit the ball first time into some random space. Absolute genius! Still denying the fact it was a shit pass by Maguire cause he was put under pressure.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You keep spouting "touch it into space" :lol: Do you realise how stupid that sounds! So Fred should just hit the ball first time into some random space. Absolute genius! Still denying the fact it was a shit pass by Maguire cause he was put under pressure.
You've obviously never played before so this conversation is pointless

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I personally don't blame him for that goal.

That doesn't mean he had a good game but still.

Great ball and header.

Chief123

You've obviously never played before so this conversation is pointless
I’ve probably played longer than you’ve been alive. Your delusional stance of just “play it into space” is becoming more and more ludicrous the more you keep spouting it. It’s at a point where you can’t even explain your way out of it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hopefully this lights a fire under him. There’s probably a player in there somewhere, at the very least there’s one better than what we’ve seen for the past few months. He’s been an absolute liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.