Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

Hopefully this lights a fire under him. There’s probably a player in there somewhere, at the very least there’s one better than what we’ve seen for the past few months. He’s been an absolute liability.
There’s definitely a player in there. A player that should be playing every couple of weeks at Turf Moor.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I’ve probably played longer than you’ve been alive. Your delusional stance of just “play it into space” is becoming more and more ludicrous the more you keep spouting it. It’s at a point where you can’t even explain your way out of it.
I've been playing for about 43 years (since I was 4). Either way, if you don't know what I mean by playing your first touch into space then you obviously never played at a level outside of house league

MemeFather

defence was so calm and composed. never seen so few chances against us.
please keep this clown away from the defence

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
German commentator was saying with Maguire we make more vertical passes. But the Caf will obviously not like this.

Red_toad

Finally dropped and what do you know the defense looked better.
We looked worse once Shaw came on and had his usual brainfart with Varane rather than Maguire. Defence had very little to do to if we're honest, Watford were truly awful and lived a charmed life. Upcoming games will be where we can genuinely judge central defensive partnerships.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
German commentator was saying with Maguire we make more vertical passes. But the Caf will obviously not like this.
Lindelof is probably the best with the vertical passes up through the middle of the pitch (although I don't remember him doing many today). Maguire is the best at getting our fullbacks/wingers into good positions out wide.

lex talionis

We were noticeably more composed at the back today. Even if the opponent was Watford, our defensive performance was solid.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Finally dropped and what do you know the defense looked better.
Why is it when a player doesn't play he is "dropped"? Was Varane dropped a couple games ago? Was Shaw dropped today? If there's one thing our team desperately needs, it's squad rotation and I have absolutely no problem with any pairing of Lindelof, Maguire and Verane. But then again, I cheer for the team, not just certain players...

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
It was his best performance of the season today.
Clean sheet and MOTM.

Why is it when a player doesn't play he is "dropped"? Was Varane dropped a couple games ago? Was Shaw dropped today? If there's one thing our team desperately needs, it's squad rotation and I have absolutely no problem with any pairing of Lindelof, Maguire and Verane. But then again, I cheer for the team, not just certain players...
Ironic coming from Maguire's mom

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Clean sheet and MOTM.

Ironic coming from Maguire's mom
Maguire is nowhere near being my favourite player. I just don't like how a bunch of people clearly scapegoat him. If someone is playing poorly, call them out. But don't say someone is playing poorly when they aren't. Maguire got blamed for the goal by Athletico the other day by a lot of people. If that's not proving a clear agenda against the guy then I don't know what is...

A-man

Lindelof is probably the best with the vertical passes up through the middle of the pitch (although I don't remember him doing many today). Maguire is the best at getting our fullbacks/wingers into good positions out wide.
We often lose the ability to play from the back when Matic plays. He basically sits and waits for the ball on Lindelof’s route forward, making it difficult for the CBs to both carry the ball or hit long balls or through balls.

Last edited:

TSE123

Maguire is nowhere near being my favourite player. I just don't like how a bunch of people clearly scapegoat him. If someone is playing poorly, call them out. But don't say someone is playing poorly when they aren't. Maguire got blamed for the goal by Athletico the other day by a lot of people. If that's not proving a clear agenda against the guy then I don't know what is...
Maguire was at fault for the goal against athletico. He didnt follow his man!

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Maguire was at fault for the goal against athletico. He didnt follow his man!
If you truly feel that Maguire is at fault for a great goal, then you definitely have an agenda. "If" I'm going to pick out a player to be at fault then it would be Fred because his man walked around him like he wasn't even there. But you can't blame Maguire. If we scored that goal there is absolutely no way anyone would say their defender should have done better. It was a good goal. That's it. Drop the f***ing agenda

Jericho

Maguire is fit and has been playing every game, so it at least appears he was dropped.
Varane has been injured, that can't be confused with being dropped.
Shaw probably was dropped, Ralf has already dropped him for Telles before.

TSE123

If you truly feel that Maguire is at fault for a great goal, then you definitely have an agenda. "If" I'm going to pick out a player to be at fault then it would be Fred because his man walked around him like he wasn't even there. But you can't blame Maguire. If we scored that goal there is absolutely no way anyone would say their defender should have done better. It was a good goal. That's it. Drop the f***ing agenda
haha:lol::lol::lol:
You are by far the funniest (not in a good way) person/bot on this forum, except for @Vidyoyo (but his funny in a good way).

I think you have some sort of sponsorship or bet on which means you get paid according to how many times you use the word "agenda".

Back to the question regarding the AM goal.
Of course its never only one player at fault.
Fred could be blamed for not getting in the way of a great cross.
BUT Maguire had the area into which Felix (who is a great player) ran. He lost Felix (read: was not fast enough or alert enough to keep up with him). Felix scores a great goal.
According to your logic a midfielder must block every ball into the United box. Of course that would be great, and a lot of balls should be blocked. BUT every game there will be a good few balls played into the box, which is what happened. The CBs are then expected to deal with it. Maguire didn't. Instead he lost the one man he was supposed to look after.
Summary, even if Fred didn't do as well as he should, it was Maguires marking mistake that in the end meant that Felix could get his head on the ball.

Roboc7

It’s a very good finish but Maguire can see ball being crossed, is close to Felix and doesn’t do anything. It’s probably a case of him just being so slow off the mark he can’t really do anything but he certainly doesn’t cover himself in glory and we should expect better.

Jackal981

Bla bla bla. How is Maguire by the way ? Hope you do not forget to cook for him and tuck him before he sleeps. Maybe you can help him write an agenda book before he goes to train every day so he does not forget how to defend

Last edited:

United in sin

He was dropped and rightly so. I think RR would go as far as to relinquish him of the captaincy if he could without a media shit storm. I believe the story about Ralph trying to convince Maguire to quit the captaincy on his own volition so as to take pressure off him.

In reality the guy is shit and Ralph knows this. I do think he will return against City but a shit performance will probably see him dropped again and they'll be some spin. I don't think Maguire's absence is merely down to rotation, that's a clever reason to give the Varane and Lindelof partnership a game and they looked comfortable together. Fully expecting you to label me an agenda poster

https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...its-dropping-maguire-for-watford-draw-4405741

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-harry-maguire-dropped-26336796

Last edited:

JB7

He was dropped and rightly so. I think RR would go as far as to relinquish him of the captaincy if he could without a media shit storm. I believe the story about Ralph trying to convince Maguire to quit the captaincy on his own volition so as to take pressure off him.

In reality the guy is shit and Ralph knows this. I do think he will return against City but a shit performance will probably see him dropped again and they'll be some spin. I don't think Maguire's absence is merely down to rotation, that's a clever reason to give the Varane and Lindelof partnership a game and they looked comfortable together. Fully expecting you to label me an agenda poster

https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...its-dropping-maguire-for-watford-draw-4405741

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-harry-maguire-dropped-26336796
I don't know if you actually read the quotes from Ralf in those two links but he's literally saying that the team was rotated, so there is nothing at all in his comments to suggest Maguire was dropped so I don't see why there would be any "spin" if he came back into the team.

United in sin

I don't know if you actually read the quotes from Ralf in those two links but he's literally saying that the team was rotated, so there is nothing at all in his comments to suggest Maguire was dropped so I don't see why there would be any "spin" if he came back into the team.
I'm reading between the lines and that's what I deduced from it

Oranges038

Can someone help me?

Rio has said Maguire's biggest weakness is the inability to play a defensive high line.

Is this due to Maguire or De Gea though?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/rio-ferdinand-harry-maguire-manchester-united-title-b2025495.html?amp

It's both.

Maguire is just too reactive to play a highline, he's also just too damn slow on the turn. De Gea is just all wrong for anyone wanting to play any sort of highline.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's both.

Maguire is just too reactive to play a highline, he's also just too damn slow on the turn. De Gea is just all wrong for anyone wanting to play any sort of highline.
I remember us playing a higher line when Henderson dethroned de gea and Maguire looked much better during that time for playing in a high line I thought.

Revaulx

I remember us playing a higher line when Henderson dethroned de gea and Maguire looked much better during that time for playing in a high line I thought.
Yes I agree.

Though we successfully played a high line with De Gea behind Smalling and Blind in LvG’s second season. De Gea’s distribution was really decent at that time though; it deteriorated massively under Jose, who preferred the ball being hoofed as hard as possible, regardless of possession invariably being lost.

JB7

Yes I agree.

Though we successfully played a high line with De Gea behind Smalling and Blind in LvG’s second season. De Gea’s distribution was really decent at that time though; it deteriorated massively under Jose, who preferred the ball being hoofed as hard as possible, regardless of possession invariably being lost.
That was when he was being coached by Frans Hoek, the only time he has really shown any improvements in the sweeping & distribution side of his game. Once he left with Van Gaal we brought De Gea's coach from Atletico, Alvarez, and almost overnight all progress was lost and he was back to being the prehistoric goal-line keeper we see today.

As for Maguire, he's fine in a high line and has shown it for us last season and with England at times. He's badly out of form and has been pretty much all season and he suffers more than any other player from the lack of any relationship with the goalkeeper. He's not quick but everybody knows that and it's not something that tends to us cost him even in a higher line.

Status
Not open for further replies.