Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
:lol: give it a rest. I’ve been critical of him when he’s been poor, but I don’t see him as being as bad as people make out. Good player in poor form and hopefully today was a sign of him playing himself back into form
Then keep believing. He's done for me at this club.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
RIght? Now they are even scapegoating him for goals that didn't count. Pathetic bunch we have. Maguire was contender for man of the match today. Imagine if it was him who didn't pick up iheanavho for their goal instead of Varane? TheCaf would be going into meltdown...
I find it really, really bizarre. When he plays poorly, criticise him. But don’t look for ‘mistakes’ that don’t lead to anything when he played well :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

Was quite suprised when I saw him lineup on the right. Obviously, I know he did that for England having been partnered next to a left footed player in Tyrone Mings, but I didn't expect to see him there today. Worked out well, though. Felt he was solid throughout and didn't put a foot wrong.

Irwin99

Played well, better than Varane I thought, and got a fair few tackles/blocks in. His movement in going to ground for the disallowed goal was a bit ...weird, but of no consequence in the end.

Hope he can build on that good form for the rest of the season.

TheReligion

Abusive
Was quite suprised when I saw him lineup on the right. Obviously, I know he did that for England having been partnered next to a left footed player in Tyrone Mings, but I didn't expect to see him there today. Worked out well, though. Felt he was solid throughout and didn't put a foot wrong.
Rangnick just mentioned this. Said he decided to move him and it’s the best side for him. Also helps in bringing the ball out.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If he had played like Varane today the likes of @Andycoleno9 would be here in no time. I wonder if they are as quick to call out mistakes by other players. Well I already know the answer.
Bloody hell, this was one game. Where he was very good. And? So based on this game i should say that i was wrong or something? Or i should praise him because he played one game good (after whole season being shit). I don't understand your point.

This is story of Caf. Player needs one good game and all of sudden he becomes great again. And btw, in many posts i said that Harry is solid defender but not good enough for United and not good enough for playing in attacking system.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Bloody hell, this was one game. Where he was very good. And? So based on this game i should say that i was wrong or something? Or i should praise him because he played one game good (after whole season being shit). I don't understand your point.

This is story of Caf. Player needs one good game and all of sudden he becomes great again. And btw, in many posts i said that Harry is solid defender but not good enough for United and not good enough for playing in attacking system.
You are one of the biggest agenda posters around and a lot of times you are the first to post negative stuff in this thread and about him in the match day thread. But nothing like this when your favourites do mistakes. Same pattern every single time. And I am sure you know it.
You even have a special „talent” to blame him for other players’ mistakes.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

No one said he's suddenly become great again. Literally no one. Only that he performed more like himself today and is hopefully making a return to good form.

Foxbatt

No he was better than his recent games but he also was a big problem because he did not step in to the empty space in the midfield where the Leicester CF dropped into all the time. He should have stepped in and let Varane deal with the space behind.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You are one of the biggest agenda posters around and a lot of times you are the first to post negative stuff in this thread and about him in the match day thread. But nothing like this when your favourites do mistakes. Same pattern every single time. And I am sure you know it.
You even have a special „talent” to blame him for other players’ mistakes.
I admit that i have agenda against few players and i don't hide it.
But i am not making stuff up. If something is negative i say it. If something is positive, i say it.
I just have high standards for United players. Sorry

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Decent game by Maguire. He still had an occasional lapse in judgment positional-wise but he was pretty much spot on in every active defensive action that he performed tonight*.

* disallowed goal aside... but it was disallowed

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was mostly good today. A couple of bad moments which he needs to iron out, but it was a step in the right direction.

In general he has been ok for most of the last two months or so. Not great. Not even good. But not dreadful either, which some people have been making out he has been. He certainly was dreadful for the first half of the season, but there's been some improvement since then.

Maniron

Let's hope it is a turning point for him and he can start to rebuild his confidence

flappyjay

Decent performance and Ralf was wise to move him to the right of the partnership.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
He was fine , nothing more nothing less.

It shows how far opinion of him has fallen when that's classified as a really good game.

He didn't do anything ridiculous (even then he did, it just didn't count) so it's a really good game.

I wouldn't go out of my way to criticize him for today but I wouldn't go out of my way to praise him either, It wasn't like he was prime Ferdinand out there.

nickyboy1981

Solid today, good progress at getting back to something resembling decent form. I don't see anyone slating Varane for doing a Maguire impression in the second half, luckily Ihenacho is shite.

Ananke

It shows how far opinion of him has fallen when that's classified as a really good game.

He didn't do anything ridiculous (even then he did, it just didn't count) so it's a really good game.
This is what does my head in with the Maguire ***** on here.

How far have you people let your standards drop? His performance today is what his bare minimum should be. If that disallowed goal stands, it’s one of those typical fumbling wtf maguire moments that have happened all season long.

Today was a ‘that’s your job’ day. Hopefully he kicks on from it but ‘kin ell I won’t be holding my breath.

roseguy64

He was mostly good today. A couple of bad moments which he needs to iron out, but it was a step in the right direction.

In general he has been ok for most of the last two months or so. Not great. Not even good. But not dreadful either, which some people have been making out he has been. He certainly was dreadful for the first half of the season, but there's been some improvement since then.
Yeah agreed. But even in 2022 he's had too many questionable moments. This was one of the rare games where he really had no questionable moments that counted.

Bondi77

Played well today and he seems more comfortable on the right but the downside to that is we have to watch Varane passing with his left foot which is Smallinglike.

Sylar

Had a decent game for his standards. That's my compliment for him

Ruud89

It happens all the time. I really don't get it. It's almost like our own fans are rooting against him...
If you had watched the game closely you would have noticed that our players were more busy trying to protect Maguire than to actually win. I think Goldbridge said something similar.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rangnick just mentioned this. Said he decided to move him and it’s the best side for him. Also helps in bringing the ball out.
Decent point actually, pretty sure he played on the right side for Leicester also?

It seems he and Shaw have a poor partnership down the left side also so I think it's a good idea to try and switch it around. Varane seems comfortable on his left foot also.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
He was really good tonight. And the fact that this thread hasn’t been bumped already shows that. Hes not been as bad as people have made out for about a month now, but today was his best game for a long while
'Really good' is a bit of an overstatement I think.

Solid enough, wasn't at fault for the goal which would probably lie with Varane, although the ball in was absolutely superb.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's not leaving chaps whether you'd like him gone or not. I'm not his biggest fan at all but he will still be here next season for sure. Nobody is going to pay decent cash for him after the season he's had.

jem

If you had watched the game closely you would have noticed that our players were more busy trying to protect Maguire than to actually win. I think Goldbridge said something similar.
We don’t mention that name when talking to Sadler:nervous:

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I still find it funny how Maguire takes so much blame for a team that doesn't have a DM and a keeper who won't leave his line. Then all these same people say " strange how he seems to always play well for England". Are you putting it all together yet? Maguire is not the problem with our team. It's the guy behind (who can't even make the Spain bench anymore) and the guys in front. How good do you think VVD would be without a proper DM and a proper keeper?
Goldbridge is a tool. I heard his spiel. One of the players he has an agenda against has a good game so he makes up excuses. Truth is players are supposed to work both ends of the field but now when they do it's to protect Maguire? Give your head a shake

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's amazing how what some nobody on YouTube says can influence what people think they've seen.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It's amazing how what some nobody on YouTube says can influence what people think they've seen.
It's his jedi mind trick. It only works on the weak minded. Unfortunately there are a lot of weak minded people. Goldbridge clearly has agendas. What he does is he repeats it over and over again and expresses his "opinions" as facts. Next thing you know you have TheCaf full of people repeating him word for word while they think they are expressing their own thoughts...

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Solid performance. Guess they can't all be duds.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's his jedi mind trick. It only works on the weak minded. Unfortunately there are a lot of weak minded people. Goldbridge clearly has agendas. What he does is he repeats it over and over again and expresses his "opinions" as facts. Next thing you know you have TheCaf full of people repeating him word for word while they think they are expressing their own thoughts...
I've only ever seen comedic clips of over reactions, I assumed that's all people watched him for but it seems not.

Lyng

Maguire had a decent game. Nothing special, but at least he didnt do his usual mistakes.

RPT_Reddevil

Had a decent game. Better than a lot of others who were there on the pitch, specially considering the whole negative mood around him lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.