Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFC NimbleThumb

He could play well from now until the World Cup break, in relation to the rest of his United career it means very little. Anyone basing their verdict of him on the a game or few really should exit the chat.

acnumber9

I’m no fan but West Ham will carry all their threat at set pieces. Makes sense to start him in Varane’s absence.

lsd

The Oracle
Absolute joke how he is starting over Lindelof. Disappointing from Ten Hag bowing to the media who will only rip him apart when it goes wrong

FujiVice

He was great all game. I imagine people will happily want to get the pitchforks out, but that was a quality performance by old slab head.

avgp_1

Second half as we went deeper he became much better. Won some crucial challenges at the end

Chief123

Not his fan, but I have to be fair and credit him for a good performance under scrutiny. Looked shaky first half but got better as the match went on. Well played.

acnumber9

Finished the game well but he induced panic constantly. Forget everything else about him as a player but I’ve never seen a player less suited to be a captain. Has all the leadership skills of a timid toddler.

edgecutter

Better, but that's only because we defended deep which he likes. Still way behind martinez and varane

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Shit in the first half, second half was the type of game where he's of use

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
From what we got at the start of the season to that.

Better but nlt quite there

Sylar

The end when he sits in the box under the cosh is where he excels.

El Jefe

Got to give him credit he was incredible in the last 20mins. Before that I felt he was poor but for once in a long time he showed concentration and character to defend against the West Ham onslaught at the end.

Hopefully this win and clean sheet can get him into a bit of form.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Delighted for him. Wasn’t amazing but put in a decent performance considering and made some vital clearances.

Godfather

Better in the second half. No wonder as we sat really deep and that's where he is good at. Not a fit to the football we want to play

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He was quite poor throughout the game but fair fecks to him, he really helped us out in the end.
I'd still play Lindelöf against any other team though.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Didn't do that much wrong, but I don't think it's any coincidence that as soon as he's back in the lineup, we're back to relying on De Gea heroics to save us again.

caid

Difference between Maguire in first half and second half was pretty stark. You can definitely see how he could be useful to us, dont think we'll face many tougher challenges in terms of set pieces this season and he did well with them. First half was a bit nervy which is fair and forgivable with injury. But he just doesn't look comfortable defending stuff in behind and hes going to have to adapt to most of his defending being against stuff in behind to be more than a squad player for the West Hams of the world.

Tony247

Every now and then he takes those extra 2-3 seconds before releasing the ball. That makes world of difference when the team is trying to play from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.