Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

saint Jose

Should’ve been dropped at the early stages last season and sold this summer.

Best news I have heard in a while that this clown might be dropped for Liverpool!!

Sadly as much as i would love to see him nowhere near the club ever again why would he agree to go go if we do accept an offer?
He's on crazy wages and no sane team is going to come close to what we offer.

The club is to blame for being stuck with players like maguire due to putting crap players on insane wages and long contracts.. Harry and his agent knows he will never see 80m transfer(thus bigger cut in agent fees) or 200k weekly wages ever again so why move? If anything woodward/glazers are to blame for destroying the club because he was the one that offered the £80m to Leicester plus 200k wages so can you blame slabhead for accepting terms to steal a living?

First thing that needs to happen after being dropped is to remove his captains armband because he is becoming a meme at this point

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
“Tell me you don’t know how to play football without telling me you don’t know how to play football.” You’ve gone first.

Ten Haag has literally stated himself that's what he expected De Gea to do. But of course, you know better.
He may have thought De Gea would have done that there, but I'm sure there are tons of other moments in the game where he thought a player would do something else, but they didn't. That doesn't mean the play was right or wrong. Again, I'm not a fan of De Gea. Not even in the slightest. But that was a simple play that Erikson fecked up. That play happens several times in a match without fuss. If you don't know that, then don't bother with me because I'm obviously out of your league

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It takes a player out of the area where the 2nd ball is likely to be contested.

It is fairly basic stuff.
You don't need a striker to come forward to play a long ball. The striker could have stayed exactly where he was and not tracked Erikson and a long ball would take him out of the play

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I will donate £50 to a mental health charity if he is dropped for Liverpool, because of the mental trauma he has caused me over the last 18 months.

Chief123

He may have thought De Gea would have done that there, but I'm sure there are tons of other moments in the game where he thought a player would do something else, but they didn't. That doesn't mean the play was right or wrong. Again, I'm not a fan of De Gea. Not even in the slightest. But that was a simple play that Erikson fecked up. That play happens several times in a match without fuss. If you don't know that, then don't bother with me because I'm obviously out of your league
It was a bad pass by De gea. If you’ve played football you’d know. He’s pressed by 2 players right next to him. The pass was never on. But obviously you know better than even ETH. Fascinating.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It was a bad pass by De gea. If you’ve played football you’d know. He’s pressed by 2 players right next to him. The pass was never on. But obviously you know better than even ETH. Fascinating.
The pass was hit so Erikson can hit it first time to Dalot. It was a basic play that Erikson messed up and this pass happens several times per match without fuss. I wish there was a button I could press every time this pass happens so that people like you who think they know more than they really do would possibly understand, but you obviously don't so please don't bother replying to me again until you're at least close to my level

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Too much to hope we can shift him this window and use the money to upgrade the midfield?
To all those Maguire fans if hes that good why hasn’t anyone come in to buy him? Surely we would get back at least 75% of his fee?

Or is it that hes absolutely trash both as a player and captain and no one wants him?

wangyu

Despite him being a bad player for us, he is the one player I’d back to play a superb string of games because the shit he gets thrown at him from all over the planet must hurt badly. The price tag literally killed his career.

Lyng

Quotes are just that. Quotes. Part of a statement. I don't need to read a quote. I've been playing this game for over 40 years and have obviously forgotten more than you will ever know
You have played this game for over 40 years on a so low level that even basic tactics like the afrementioned arent used.... :lol: :lol:
Playing a bit of five a side with your grandkids isnt exactly premier league

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Despite him being a bad player for us, he is the one player I’d back to play a superb string of games because the shit he gets thrown at him from all over the planet must hurt badly. The price tag literally killed his career.
I hope so. He gets more abuse from supposed United fans than he does from all oppo teams' fans combined. The guy had an awful season, but bomb and death threats is insane and even on this page he's being branded 'trash', people claiming he's giving them 'mental health problems', another wants to eject him into space. I guess people love an internet pile on.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
You don't need a striker to come forward to play a long ball. The striker could have stayed exactly where he was and not tracked Erikson and a long ball would take him out of the play
It was Eriksen coming towards the ball to draw a midfielde out of the areas that a second ball would be contested. Jesus Christ no wonder you don't get it.

ForeverRed1

So far, no manager has had a balls to drop him and take captaincy away. Not ole, not ralf, not ETH (so far). The penny has to drop.

i don’t agree with the abuse he gets, he must feel like rubbish and his confidence must be shot to bits.. he’s a walking meme. I don’t agree with that. If he was rapid he would actually be a very good player; for me his pace just lets him down, he isn’t fast enough to keep up with the sheer pace of this league. It’s not his fault he got bought for stupid money and given captaincy. Most players would take that along with the wages he gets. He will of come to the club high on confidence and belief.

hopefully He gets moved on sooner rather than later. Could see him being good in serie A or even bundesliga, there is a player in there, just not one for us.

Chief123

The pass was hit so Erikson can hit it first time to Dalot. It was a basic play that Erikson messed up and this pass happens several times per match without fuss. I wish there was a button I could press every time this pass happens so that people like you who think they know more than they really do would possibly understand, but you obviously don't so please don't bother replying to me again until you're at least close to my level
:lol:

Chief123

You have played this game for over 40 years on a so low level that even basic tactics like the afrementioned arent used.... :lol: :lol:
Playing a bit of five a side with your grandkids isnt exactly premier league
It’s actually shocking that he doesn’t even get the basics of movement to create space and options to other players.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
No point posting here any more. None of us are even close to SadlerMUFC’s level.

mctrials23

I think that with Maguire there are two schools of thought.

We don't have good enough/fit enough CBs to replace him and he is generally very resilient so he doesn't get dropped.

We underestimate him and he is basically doing an impossible job when the cast around him are so hapless most of the time.

I think its probably a combination of both. I think its very very hard to stand out as a CB in a team that is defensively awful. No protection from the players further forward coupled with poor support from the rest of the defence makes it very difficult.

It will be interesting to see how the defence does if we replace McFred.

jeff_goldblum

Dropping him for Liverpool seems a reasonable tactical decision as much as anything. With Núñez out it seems likely Liverpool will be playing a quick, interchangeable forward line, and even at his best Maguire isn't great at dealing with that because he's not quick on the turn, or over 10-20 yards.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Maguire shouldn’t be captain, he doesn’t have the mentality for it. He is also constantly going to be shackled with his price tag, which was clearly too much.

That said, he is a solid PL level defender, and the far bigger issues in our defensive setup are the GK glued to his line, and the complete absence of any holding midfielder. Every CB we have signed (including WC/CL winning Varane) has looked crap in our system - the common fact is what is (or isn’t) behind and in front of them. Put Van Dijk into our team and he would probably struggle similarly.

Maguire struggles especially with De Gea due to his own lack of pace, but ultimately the CBs in our team right now have to cover so much more of the pitch than our rivals equivalents. If we want to play progressive, high line, modern football then we have to sort out the GK and DM positions. Do that and our defenders (including Maguire) might mysteriously look more competent.

The1974s

Sorry you are right, we spent 35m euros on Lindelof and 59m euros on Fred, and no for 20m pounds Maguire would still have been our best CB but nobody would bark on the transfer fee. We have so much absolute dross in the starting eleven that Maguire would not be our biggest worry, just like he is not our biggest worry now.

That's all about opinions and my opinion is as soon as Maguire is dropped we will see a step up in performances. I can't remember the last time he had a 8/10 performance and he's without doubt the worst captain in my lifetime .
He offers nothing positive to the team and the sooner he's dropped the better .

Kostov

That's all about opinions and my opinion is as soon as Maguire is dropped we will see a step up in performances. I can't remember the last time he had a 8/10 performance and he's without doubt the worst captain in my lifetime .
He offers nothing positive to the team and the sooner he's dropped the better .
Of course it's all about opinion that is fine, however some opinions are worth something others are pure crap. If your opinion is that by dropping Maguire we will magically step up our performances of our attack, midfield and defensive line I'd personally not take it serious. Unfortunately some people can't get past Maguire when we have much bigger issues.

Jippy

Staff
Of course it's all about opinion that is fine, however some opinions are worth something others are pure crap. If your opinion is that by dropping Maguire we will magically step up our performances of our attack, midfield and defensive line I'd personally not take it serious. Unfortunately some people can't get past Maguire when we have much bigger issues.
These arguments get so circular- drop Maguire then what, put Lindelof in and he is suddenly the worst CB ever. Drop Dalot we get AWB. Drop Fred and McTominay, we get a midfield of Eriksen and Bruno. We all know the first 11 is weak, let alone the squad depth, yet dropping the scapegoat of the day is supposed to elevate us exponentially.

The1974s

He's hopelessly bad as are a few others but he's meant to be the leader and the sooner the manager does him a favour and drops him the better for everyone concerned .
Maguire playing in a team that sits deep is decent but that's not something we will be doing and haven't done since Ole changed the style of play and no matter what anyone thinks he simply can't play in a team playing a high line

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Arry has a "slight knock" for the Liverpool game and won't make the squad.

Doracle

I don't think Ten Hag will be as kind as to describe it that way to be honest
He will have to surely? He had to haul off Martinez at halftime last week and Maguire and Varane then looked very solid in the second half. It will look like a truly bizarre piece of management if he says he’s gone with Martinez ahead of Maguire on form.

crossy1686

career ending
He will have to surely? He had to haul off Martinez at halftime last week and Maguire and Varane then looked very solid in the second half. It will look like a truly bizarre piece of management if he says he’s gone with Martinez ahead of Maguire on form.
Not really, he said last week he would have subbed off all 11 if he could. It's pretty clear to see that Maguire playing as a right CB isn't working and he's mentally shot to bits, he looks like he reads everything that's written online about him. I think if Lindelöf or Varane are fit then they start before him. He'll say it's a tactical reason.

Doracle

Not really, he said last week he would have subbed off all 11 if he could. It's pretty clear to see that Maguire playing as a right CB isn't working and he's mentally shot to bits, he looks like he reads everything that's written online about him. I think if Lindelöf or Varane are fit then they start before him. He'll say it's a tactical reason.
Fair enough but still odd. If he thought Maguire is the issue, you’d have expected him to take him off last week and it’s making a rod for his own back to bring back Martinez after the defence looked relatively settled in the second half last week. It’s a brave call if he makes it.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I don't think Ten Hag will be as kind as to describe it that way to be honest
As it's all hypothetical i can't see ETH admitting to dropping our world record signing CB captain which would just reflect on how bad in the transfer market we really are. He doesn't have enough credit with the club at the present time. Best case scenario is Maguire is injured (nudge nudge wink wink), Varane and Martinez strike up a great partnership making it difficult for Maguire to regain his starting place and Varane takes over the armband. Two birds one stone. That is until Varane gets injured again of course. Then we go back to square one.

BlahRules

I can guarantee you Maguire will be playing on Monday. This man won't ever be dropped. The last time he was dropped we did okay and then Lindelof had burglary and took some time off Maguire came to fold and we had started our drought again. Lidelof and Varane partnership was no more.

Martinez will be dropped than Maguire. This guy must have nude of someone at top, that's the only reason he keeps getting selected even after numerous disaster class.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I hope so. He gets more abuse from supposed United fans than he does from all oppo teams' fans combined. The guy had an awful season, but bomb and death threats is insane and even on this page he's being branded 'trash', people claiming he's giving them 'mental health problems', another wants to eject him into space. I guess people love an internet pile on.
Why is it that Bailly/Varane etc. can have one bad game then they're binned for the next five but Maguire who has been a trainwreck for the last 18 months at least gets chance after chance? Yeah, the bomb threats are out of order but the guy IS trash. He doesn't get abuse from oppo fans. They use him to troll United because they can see what people inside United clearly can't. He's a laughing stock. Now even Martinez is getting it after just one game while Teflon Maguire soldiers on.

He's even shit as a captain and rarely faces the music after a defeat, sending DDG, McTom, Dalot usually to do the post-match dirty work instead.

That's why the sensible fans dislike him so much. If he had his fair share of benching, he'd probably be accepted more. I'm just hoping that the Varane thing has been a fitness issue because if ten Hag is going to start picking Maguire ahead of him on a regular basis, it's going to start getting ugly for him sooner rather than later.

TOKUGAWA-X

IF Casemiro signs up for United then Maguire will finally have a decent HM in front of him and he can be that ETH CB we all know he can be.

GlasgowCeltic

IF Casemiro signs up for United then Maguire will finally have a decent HM in front of him and he can be that ETH CB we all know he can be.
he’d better because Ronaldos ‘clique’ has just got stronger and Maguire’s position as captain potentially weaker

Last edited:

Jippy

Staff
Why is it that Bailly/Varane etc. can have one bad game then they're binned for the next five but Maguire who has been a trainwreck for the last 18 months at least gets chance after chance? Yeah, the bomb threats are out of order but the guy IS trash. He doesn't get abuse from oppo fans. They use him to troll United because they can see what people inside United clearly can't. He's a laughing stock. Now even Martinez is getting it after just one game while Teflon Maguire soldiers on.

He's even shit as a captain and rarely faces the music after a defeat, sending DDG, McTom, Dalot usually to do the post-match dirty work instead.

That's why the sensible fans dislike him so much. If he had his fair share of benching, he'd probably be accepted more. I'm just hoping that the Varane thing has been a fitness issue because if ten Hag is going to start picking Maguire ahead of him on a regular basis, it's going to start getting ugly for him sooner rather than later.
'Sensible fans' hate one of our own players because a previous manager clearly overpaid for him and overpromoted him, and he's been on a rotten run of form for the last season or so? Yes he's frustrating and underwhelming and loads would like him sold, but the level of vitriol from our own fans is deeply unpleasant. Some clearly revel in his failings so they can shit on him more.
If you think he doesn't get abuse from oppo fans try watching an England match.

Status
Not open for further replies.