Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
'Sensible fans' hate one of our own players because a previous manager clearly overpaid for him and overpromoted him, and he's been on a rotten run of form for the last season or so? Yes he's frustrating and underwhelming and loads would like him sold, but the level of vitriol from our own fans is deeply unpleasant. Some clearly revel in his failings so they can shit on him more.
If you think he doesn't get abuse from oppo fans try watching an England match.
More fool Southgate for picking him too. Should be nowhere near that England team either. No other top 6 team would have him on their bench, but he's our captain and starter.

And yeah, Pogba had a great time here didn't he? Not many seem to be too disturbed about that? Lingard, Rashford and Fred also felt the 'love' of United fans on a regular basis. But let's all cry for Harry fecking Maguire.

He's the symbol of everything wrong with United right now.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
More fool Southgate for picking him too. Should be nowhere near that England team either. No other top 6 team would have him on their bench, but he's our captain and starter.

And yeah, Pogba had a great time here didn't he? Not many seem to be too disturbed about that? Lingard, Rashford and Fred also felt the 'love' of United fans on a regular basis. But let's all cry for Harry fecking Maguire.

He's the symbol of everything wrong with United right now.
Several of our players get abuse that unnecessarily veers into the personal, but we're in the Harry Maguire thread, so we're discussing him.

I don't think Maguire, a fairly earnest, but at best solid but unspectacular defender with limited pace, defender is the epitome of everything wrong with United. He's indicative of ill-judged recruitment, but not the kind of petulant mercenary we've also been regularly overpaying for.

If he is going to play, I'd have thought most 'sensible fans' would want him to at least return to the functional defender he initially was so he can at least be of use this year then moved on more easily over the summer. I don't get the fervid hatred he attracts, nor the seemingly gleeful pile-ons whenever he makes a mistake.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Several of our players get abuse that unnecessarily veers into the personal, but we're in the Harry Maguire thread, so we're discussing him.

I don't think Maguire, a fairly earnest, but at best solid but unspectacular defender with limited pace, defender is the epitome of everything wrong with United. He's indicative of ill-judged recruitment, but not the kind of petulant mercenary we've also been regularly overpaying for.

If he is going to play, I'd have thought most 'sensible fans' would want him to at least return to the functional defender he initially was so he can at least be of use this year then moved on more easily over the summer. I don't get the fervid hatred he attracts, nor the seemingly gleeful pile-ons whenever he makes a mistake.
That's the point! This is Manchester United. We should not be putting up with earnest, functional players and especially installing them as captain. This is why he is the epitome of what is wrong with United. Look at how City splashed out on GKs and defenders, realised they could do with better and did exactly that, bought better. They're moving like a big team now.

He's never going to be good enough for Manchester United so why bother with him. It's not his fault, he struck gold with the United deal but they should be big enough to say sorry, pal you're just not what we need. But what is irking United fans is they won't even bench the fecker! And it's not as if we don't have better alternatives too. Like I said, no other top 6 side would even have him on their bench.

His lack of self-awareness is shocking too and the fact he regularly hides as captain when we lose is disgraceful. Sorry, the more I think/talk about this guy the less appeal and redeeming qualities he has.

Just get rid of the fecker. He is trash!

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It was Eriksen coming towards the ball to draw a midfielde out of the areas that a second ball would be contested. Jesus Christ no wonder you don't get it.
And a long ball would go past midfield. You don't need to draw in a midfielder to go direct to a forward. This play is done to make a first time pass to a wide player and Erikson messed it up. This play happens several times per game without issue

NewYorkRed

Can’t see him starting for us regularly in 2-3 weeks. It’ll be Varane and the new kid (tbh not convinced about Martinez either but lets see how he does this season, far too early to judge).

Adamsk7

So between Ronaldo, Varane and Casemiro we have 14 Champions League medals and Maguire is the captain……

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It was Eriksen coming towards the ball to draw a midfielde out of the areas that a second ball would be contested. Jesus Christ no wonder you don't get it.
Go to the minute mark of this video and see the pass Henderson gives his player. The guy has several Valencia players around him. Henderson doesn't give him that pass because he thinks he's open. He gives him that pass because another player is open who he can then pass it to. It's really pretty basic stuff

Lyng

Go to the minute mark of this video and see the pass Henderson gives his player. The guy has several Valencia players around him. Henderson doesn't give him that pass because he thinks he's open. He gives him that pass because another player is open who he can then pass it to. It's really pretty basic stuff

Its a completely different situation. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RedDevilQuebecois

Meh. Ronaldo, Casemiro and Varane will play the part of Stone Cold Steve Austin and Kane. Meanwhile, Harry Maguire plays the Paul Bearer part.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Glazers trying everything to take our attention away from the Glazers Out movement. Hilarious :lol:

Revaulx

You’re forgetting what Harry says: 3 managers have picked him as captain, so he’s a great captain.
Yawn. One manager "picked him" as captain. The other two have chosen to leave the captaincy where it is; rightly in my opinion, as it's the way it's always been done.

The only time I can remember an incumbent United player losing the captaincy was Wilkins when Fat Ron gave it to Robson. All the other captaincy changes have been due to the player leaving or retiring.

AdNani

Think it's best for both parties for him to leave, he's NEVER going to win the fans over.

Varane is better and Martinez is going to play. IF Chelsea is interested then we should go for it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a disgrace. His people brief that he's unhappy when it comes out that he might be dropped.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I’d rather us disband the club than sign Harry Maguire.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Not a chance is this true!
To get rid of Maguire and at the same time get money and make another PL team weaker, it would be dream land.

Tuchel isn't stupid though

saik

I’d rather us disband the club than sign Harry Maguire.
Come on man! Don't be like that. T.Silva and Koulibaly are there to baby-sit him in a back 3 and he will be actually OK in your setup covering for his weaknesses.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Chelsea won't be signing Maguire ffs. Don't get your hopes up chaps. We just aren't that lucky.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Has he ever even played in a back 3 for any extended run?

Status
Not open for further replies.