Has political correctness actually gone mad?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
It's not a big deal, no. Although I do think it's pathetic that anyone would spend any time trawling through decades old content looking for their "gotcha" moment. Get a life.
It does sound like a bit of a depressing existence, yeah.

tomaldinho1

I don't really get why she would owe any kind of apology here? The comment paints her as not the nicest person but, really, that's about it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

This one is going around a bit recently. Bloke has been doing piano videos at St Pancras for years. A group of British-Chinese?* people in the video don't like being filmed and tell him they don't want it shared or posted anywhere, he tells them we aren't in communist China now and it's a free country...British-Chinese? person says it's become racist now and cue police involvement.

*Not sure what nationality they are as they say British/Chinese in video at different times and might also be part of other groups.

Sweet Square

This one is going around a bit recently. Bloke has been doing piano videos at St Pancras for years. A group of British-Chinese?* people in the video don't like being filmed and tell him they don't want it shared or posted anywhere, he tells them we aren't in communist China now and it's a free country...British-Chinese? person says it's become racist now and cue police involvement.

*Not sure what nationality they are as they say British/Chinese in video at different times and might also be part of other groups.
Reading some Reddit comments about this(So could be bollocks)and it’s all a bit of a mess.

Both the piano player and the Chinese group are right and wrong. Apparently you can film with iPhones in public spaces(As long you aren’t harassing anyone which is a high bar to reach)but you need to get permission if making a commercial content. This guy is massive YouTuber who is making commercial content but using a iPhone.

So yeah it’s all very strange. Although the answer is people shouldn’t be arseholes. The group of Chinese people should have said they weren’t comfortable with getting filmed and the piano guy should have agreed(without saying all the bigoted commie stuff) to stop filming until the group have moved on. Plus hitting the keys so hard is really fecking up that piano.

Withnail

Reading some Reddit comments about this(So could be bollocks)and it’s all a bit of a mess.

Both the piano player and the Chinese group are right and wrong. Apparently you can film with iPhones in public spaces(As long you aren’t harassing anyone which is a high bar to reach)but you need to get permission if making a commercial content. This guy is massive YouTuber who is making commercial content but using a iPhone.

So yeah it’s all very strange. Although the answer is people shouldn’t be arseholes. The group of Chinese people should have said they weren’t comfortable with getting filmed and the piano guy should have agreed(without saying all the bigoted commie stuff) to stop filming until the group have moved on. Plus hitting the keys so hard is really fecking up that piano.
Well I think if he's making commercial content he probably should have a way to blur their faces before uploading it if someone requests it, even out of common courtesy.

However, I saw him being interviewed and he pointed out their issue wasn't a personal one. They were filming an ad/commercial of some kind themselves and were filming him, which you can see in the video. They had some kind of disclaimer stating nobody could film them in the station and that seems to be the piece of paper the first lady has and what she was saying initially. I'm not sure how legal that document is or that is even possible to enforce such a thing in a public place like that.

I am losing sympathy for him though after seeing him bang on about virtue signalling etc when he went on Piers Morgan.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So yeah it’s all very strange. Although the answer is people shouldn’t be arseholes. The group of Chinese people should have said they weren’t comfortable with getting filmed and the piano guy should have agreed(without saying all the bigoted commie stuff) to stop filming until the group have moved on.
That pretty much summed up my thoughts too.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
That was great entertainment. Maybe the guy was a bit defensive but it probably comes with the territory of filming in a public space as I can't imagine it's the first time he's had aggro. Could be why he's on first name terms with the rozzers.

To the Chinese people's credit, I'm not sure they did anything wrong except the total weirdo who went off on a tangent about the fella touching his missus.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well I think if he's making commercial content he probably should have a way to blur their faces before uploading it if someone requests it, even out of common courtesy.

However, I saw him being interviewed and he pointed out their issue wasn't a personal one. They were filming an ad/commercial of some kind themselves and were filming him, which you can see in the video. They had some kind of disclaimer stating nobody could film them in the station and that seems to be the piece of paper the first lady has and what she was saying initially. I'm not sure how legal that document is or that is even possible to enforce such a thing in a public place like that.

I am losing sympathy for him though after seeing him bang on about virtue signalling etc when he went on Piers Morgan.
At the end of the day, they were all in a massive train station, so why do they need to stand right beside a guy who is clearly a) playing the piano and b) filming himself? Just walk away. No need to confront him. Piano guy obviously couldn't move. This doesn't mean he isn't a twat, mind you.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The PC movement is a dead-end problem. It has reached his height, it can't grow much more than it is right now. That's why it's now walking backwards and try to expand their views into things that already happened.

But what it really lacks is empathy and sensitivity to understand that cultural values of a society change through the years. The past has already happened, no matter how much censure you will try to apply to it. This was what fascist and communist regimes used to do, and doing the same is being an hypocrite.

Big Andy

Bloke
Yes it has. I got given the middle finger by some special needs kid who was next to me in the car yesterday.

Sweet Square

Would be interesting to know how legitimate that disclaimer paper was. Seem very strange.
I had no idea about this. Although predictable he would go gone down this route. It’s a very daily mail outrage story.

cafecillos

Surely the legal ramifications are a bit more complex than freeze peach, this is a free country and all those totally unsuspicious soundbites, and the Chinese group were being probably a bit too precious, but I'd be extremely uncomfortable fully siding with that monumental twat. He made me feel as if it would be easier to discuss anything with David Brent than with him.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Jesus Christ. Imagine filming that and posting it. The fella is an absolute thundercnut of the highest order. Prick.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

"arrested on what charge? Filming the Chinese? Filming the succulent Chinese people?"

Abizzz

I watched the stream the day (or 1 day later) it happened. I'm not buying that those people were filming anything there. They didn't want evidence of them being there that day going around on the internet, for whatever reason, and went about it in the worst possible way.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I watched the stream the day (or 1 day later) it happened. I'm not buying that those people were filming anything there. They didn't want evidence of them being there that day going around on the internet, for whatever reason, and went about it in the worst possible way.
Which is fair enough tbh. The only mystery is why they didn’t just walk away from the person they knew was filming something to go on the internet. Such an odd decision to try and make him stop filming.

UnrelatedPsuedo

That’s what I thought too.

But, bottom line, he’s a nuclear level throbber. Disaster of a human and a raging bigot.

He was asked very politely to not use any content of them. He caused a scene and uploaded the whole thing to the internet.

Also… sunglasses on inside when it’s -4. Prick.

Tarrou

they did a cracking job of that then :lol:

Abizzz

Which is fair enough tbh. The only mystery is why they didn’t just walk away from the person they knew was filming something to go on the internet. Such an odd decision to try and make him stop filming.
Yeah I think it's reasonably to expect not to be the center of whatever a person is filming, but being in a shot of someone else filming themselves while in public is a bit much.

Agree to everyone saying he's a bit of a knob head. However I'd argue that that fact doesn't really make a difference to the fact that they had no business telling him to stop filming.

Withnail

Watch it back. You can see that they were filming. The guy in white who can be seen at about 5:20 has a camera and appears to be filming the piano player. He wanders into the shot again at 6:18 and you can see it in his right hand.

Abizzz

Watch it back. You can see that they were filming. The guy in white who can be seen at about 5:20 has a camera and appears to be filming the piano player. He wanders into the shot again at 6:18 and you can see it in his right hand.
I meant filming (themselves) for some sort of commercial or other professional production. I should have been clearer reading my original post now.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yeah I think it's reasonably to expect not to be the center of whatever a person is filming, but being in a shot of someone else filming themselves while in public is a bit much.

Agree to everyone saying he's a bit of a knob head. However I'd argue that that fact doesn't really make a difference to the fact that they had no business telling him to stop filming.
There's absolutely no reason both parties here can't be knob heads. Although no doubt opinions like that aren't allowed on Twitter where your politics must dictate whether you're team China or team Shades Indoors.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
That’s what I thought too.

But, bottom line, he’s a nuclear level throbber. Disaster of a human and a raging bigot.

He was asked very politely to not use any content of them. He caused a scene and uploaded the whole thing to the internet.

Also… sunglasses on inside when it’s -4. Prick.
It was a live stream so it was on the internet regardless of the Chinese group being there or not.

I've seen his stuff before and he's an odd bloke but they should have just... moved away. They weren't the centre piece of the video, they were just in the background and it would have remained that way if they just fecked off to another part of the massive station.

UnrelatedPsuedo

It was a live stream so it was on the internet regardless of the Chinese group being there or not.

I've seen his stuff before and he's an odd bloke but they should have just... moved away. They weren't the centre piece of the video, they were just in the background and it would have remained that way if they just fecked off to another part of the massive station.
I’ll go to bat for good people. But he’s just not one of them. He’s a weird dude who melted at the suggestion that not filming strangers is some kind of infringement of his civil liberties. His cameraman kept filming them.

Fully Fledged

It was a live stream. I think he might have been alright if he had just brushed it off after the incident, but all the Talk Tv coverage that he courted made it a much bigger incident than it needed to be. It's coming back to bite him in the balls.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Islington cancel their semifinal match with MHFC - when they discover the MH actually stands for Munter Hunters and that their social media content matches their name.

Tbf I genuinely wouldn't play for a team called "Muntrr Hunters" if only because you know for a fact its going to predominantly be a bunch of insufferable idiots. Also because I have become extremely hopeless at footballl

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Islington cancel their semifinal match with MHFC - when they discover the MH actually stands for Munter Hunters and that their social media content matches their name.

Don’t see a lot wrong with that, I’ll be honest!