Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
An unfortunate, inevitable side effect of being shit for 4 seasons in a row.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Why is Reus not in either of those line-ups?

This fella is being bought instead?
No, it was just about the "i have no idea how to pronouce it" names they added to the team in Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan. Reus will be a regular starter, no doubt about that.

Devil may care

No, it was just about the "i have no idea how to pronouce it" names they added to the team in Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan. Reus will be a regular starter, no doubt about that.
Ohhhh *Feels like an idiot*

NoLogo

I could actually see Lewa spending some time on the bench this year if Abuame..., well that African lad can adept to the new league and Dortmunds style fast enough.

But seriously they couldn't have singed two players with more complicated names even if they would have searched for it.

On top of that Sokratis sure name isn't much easier either, but thanks god he is not using it.

NoLogo

Good player?

Can't really say tbh because I haven't seen much of him apart from the CL games this year.

He scored 25 goals and got 10 assists in 29 league games last season which looks pretty good for a midfielder but only 2 goals in 8 CL games and no assits which looks like he can't really maintain the level he plays at in the Ukrainian league when it comes to playing in the CL.

Will be interesting to see if he can make it in the Bundesliga.

Ekeke

Well I didnt notice this guy enough in the CL to know if its a good signing. But Aubemeyang had an interesting article written about him on whoscored. Stats wise he's one of the most comparible finishers to Lewandowski

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Well I didnt notice this guy enough in the CL to know if its a good signing. But Aubemeyang had an interesting article written about him on whoscored. Stats wise he's one of the most comparible finishers to Lewandowski
Me and a friend both follow some St Etienne matches every now and then, my friend being a big fan of Aubemeyang, we both agreed that its a fantastic signing for Dortmund. He's very quick, good skills, and can finish. I'm surprised it hasn't been made a bigger deal tbf.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Good player?
Short answer: very good player.

Long answer:

"Heno" (this is his usual nickname according to media reports) has in a lot of ways a similar play style as Kagawa (in Dortmund days).

While he does lack some of the enormous mobility of the Japanese, he compensates it with stronger physical attributes and pace and they both share their field of influence. Both are very central players, who use the length of the field very well, dropping deep to collect balls and push into the box often, if the opportunity presents itself. Both have strong shooting and passing technique with both foots and a good first touch.

However, it is another similarity that makes me believe that Klopp wanted the Armenian to a great extend. Klopp did not reveal a lot of his plans for Dortmund in the coming season. He did say one thing, though. He wants to increase the pressing game once more and here comes "Heno" in the play.

To put it simply, "Heno" is in terms of pressing an absolute monster. This does not root that much from the strength in 1 vs. 1 situations. He is solid there, but not outstanding. It is a different abilitiy that makes him that strong there: anticipation. He can read the game extremely well.

The first thing I noticed about him in the CL were his freakingly clean running paths. He knew exactly, where he needed to be at any point of the game. This makes him very frustrating to play against and lead to an extremely high number of interceptions for an offensive minded AM in the CL (did not see much of him in the league tbh).

In terms of pressing, "Heno" was probably the best (realistic) option Dortmund had on the market and I fully believe, that he will be worth every cent of his high transfer fee for them.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Can see why Rodgers wanted him then. Completely fits the profile of player LFC are looking for.

DocRockter

Hope they already did the tattoos in Liverpool.. That's a name you can't change for Kevin Nolan in couple of years when they are searching for 15 goal scoring AM..

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think Aubameyang will be their main striker even if Lewandowski stays for another season. Lewandowski has disrespected the club and tried to make them look silly, I doubt they'll want to have him as their first choice forward in what could be a crucial season for the club. I hope that's the case and Bayern refuse to buy him in a year because they find someone else and he'll be left choosing between Hamburg and Lazio.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Why would you have hated him to begin with?

It's different for us "smaller" nations. Considering he's Armenia's best player, I'd definitely have to "love" him. and I wouldn't like to "love" a liverpool player.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think Aubameyang will be their main striker even if Lewandowski stays for another season. Lewandowski has disrespected the club and tried to make them look silly, I doubt they'll want to have him as their first choice forward in what could be a crucial season for the club. I hope that's the case and Bayern refuse to buy him in a year because they find someone else and he'll be left choosing between Hamburg and Lazio.
That would be beyond mental because there is such a gulf in terms of ability between Lewandowski and Aubameyang. They're also very different type of players. Aubameyang doesn't bring others into like Lewandowski can, he loves to run after those long passes.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I doubt Klopp cares that much about him wanting to move. As long as he works hard in training and on the pitch and doesn't act like a cnut within the team, he will start. I don't think Lewandowski said anything bad about Dortmund, the players or the manager in the past. He wants to leave, that's it, that's not disrespectful to the club. Dortmund should ban his agents from the club facilities though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That would be beyond mental because there is such a gulf in terms of ability between Lewandowski and Aubameyang. They're also very different type of players. Aubameyang doesn't bring others into like Lewandowski can, he loves to run after those long passes.
He could even be playing on the right wing instead of Kuba, he played quite a lot on the right for St Ettiene.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
oh well, can't say I blame him. Let's hope we have a back up plan.

Dortmund are becoming a real force and this will benefit their Champions League campaign next season.
Probably one of the favourites to win it along with Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
oh well, can't say I blame him. Let's hope we have a back up plan.

Dortmund are becoming a real force and this will benefit their Champions League campaign next season.
Probably one of the favourites to win it along with Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

Very bold prediction to pick all 4 semi finalists from last year.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

It wasn't a prediction. I would imagine 3 of those 4 would be the top teams in the betting odds, maybe Dortmund lower down.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Some people on here said Dortmund will be a midtable club soon, so in comparison to that, calling them a favorite to win seems very bold. Götze most definitely has way more potential than Mkhitaryan and probably will be a better player the next years, but he wasn't as influential in Dortmund's success over the last three years as other players in the team and Mkhitaryan is a great player who has the ability to be as good as Götze was in the last 2 years.

Dortmund signed three quality players and were a great team without Götze, good enough to beat anyone in europe. With most of the young players in the team (Hummels, Gündogan, Reus, Bender, Subotic) probably getting better each season, Sahin after a full pre-season maybe back to his best and hopefully Lewandowski acting professional and not like a crybaby, Dortmund could be even stronger and will have more squad depth to compete in all competitions.

Do you think any of the english teams improved enough to be considered as a favorite ahead of those 4? I'd probably pick Barca, Bayern and Real slightly ahead of Chelsea, Dortmund and Juve right now. No idea how to rate United with Moyes as manager and no important signings so far and no idea where to put City, in theory a great team, in reality so far a shocking team in europe.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Definitely agree, Lewandowski as a pure 9 is brilliant, he suits the way Dortmund play perfectly by holding up the play and bringing others in. Plus Aubameyang's biggest strength is his pace, the guy is lightning quick, it would be better to have him just a level behind Lewandowski and use him in the counters. He's a good buy for them in that respect, I don't know whether he'll make it at the top level (I'm curious to see how he does) but it'd make no sense to put him in Lewandowski's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.