How much trouble are Liverpool in?

GMoore23

Fabinho was the most no-brainer signing in the history of no-brainer signings but we didn't even have a go at it. Let them get him instead. Double OG.
That was on Mourinho. He wanted Matic.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Obviously not in trouble generally but relative to the other top sides in the league I'm not sure how their squad will hold up.

Though maybe I'm overestimating how robust other teams' squads are too.

TheReligion

Abusive
Couldn’t find the Liverpool thread but genuinely interested to hear some opinion on this @Klopper76 @B20 @Rob @PickledRed

It seems Liverpool are heavily linked to Bellingham who I do think would be good. That said he will cost upward to £100m I imagine especially if he performs well during the World Cup. Either way Dortmund will demand a premium.

Now there’s no guarantee Liverpool will get him but if they do, and it does seem by the Melo loan they have plans for that area which they don’t want to disrupt, will this be enough?

Looking at Thiago (31 and injury prone), Henderson (32 and injury prone), Milner (37 in January and likely to retire) I think it’s fair to say there’s a bit of work to do in that area?

The transfer budget this summer was blown on Nunez and I can’t really see much more coming in if you manage to get Bellingham? Unless the owners sanction a £250m+ spending spree?

I’m just not convinced you are being a shrewd as you once were and I’m wondering why. Edwards leaving or something else?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Couldn’t find the Liverpool thread but genuinely interested to hear some opinion on this @Klopper76 @B20 @Rob @PickledRed

It seems Liverpool are heavily linked to Bellingham who I do think would be good. That said he will cost upward to £100m I imagine especially if he performs well during the World Cup. Either way Dortmund will demand a premium.

Now there’s no guarantee Liverpool will get him but if they do, and it does seem by the Melo loan they have plans for that area which they don’t want to disrupt, will this be enough?

Looking at Thiago (31 and injury prone), Henderson (32 and injury prone), Milner (37 in January and likely to retire) I think it’s fair to say there’s a bit of work to do in that area?

The transfer budget this summer was blown on Nunez and I can’t really see much more coming in if you manage to get Bellingham? Unless the owners sanction a £250m+ spending spree?

I’m just not convinced you are being a shrewd as you once were and I’m wondering why. Edwards leaving or something else?
Yeah, everything seems to indicate that we’re going for Bellingham next summer. But it’s a gamble because as far as I know, there’s no reason why he would choose us over, say, City, Chelsea or even you guys. And frankly, I never watch the Bundesliga so I’m just assuming he’s really good because everyone talks about him.

And also, we will need to replace all of Henderson, Milner and Keita in a year, and with injury prone Thiago being a year older.

I know mentioning net spend is a big no no on here, but our’s is around 100m including every window since 2019. And that’s with us winning both the cl and pl. So unfortunately I can’t see them splashing the cash even if I think we’ll need it.

Witchking

It is a given that Jude will move to Liverpool next season. There are already murmurs that Dortmund hope he stays post 2023. Everyone knows Liverpool went for loan this year to open up the space for Jude next season. Klopp would have had some initial discussions where he would have been encouraged to wait for next season.

taribhumpu

Not jinx-ing at all but I have a feeling that tomorrow's going to be yet another red card for Nunez a 1-1 draw for the dippers

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

It is not enough. We need at least another midfielder. We're basically a year behind the curve. Milner should be retired and Hendo phased into the Milner role.
Instead we went into the season with Milner in the Milner role and a belief that the midfield could easily churn out another season.

cyberman

Theyre as bad as Chelsea. Klopp will walk if this carries on.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
with the way we are now we're looking at 6th place - whole team is totally dysfunctional

Teja

Been saying this for a year or two (back when their initial CB injury woes started). Their key players have legs for maybe this season but that's basically it. They need to duplicate Mane - Salah - Firmino level signings if they are to keep challenging.

Unfortunately for them, everyone uses data (well everyone except us it seems) and it's not that easy to find bargains w/o other clubs being all over them.

Loon

:lol:
I wish it were more than I honestly think they are. I’d love to watch it all crumble. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.

UDontMessWith24

Fun aside, none at the moment. They've shown they can weather storms under Klopp, so there's no reason to believe the bottom will fall out this time. We can hope, but it's unlikely

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I don't think "Liverpool are in Trouble" as much as I think "Liverpool are in Trouble when they play a midfield 3 that includes Milner and Elliot".

It's the same 11 that struggled vs United and I have no Idea why Klopp would play it again and expect a different result.

The midfield is completely dysfunctional at the moment.

Once they have Thiago/Keita/ Henderson back regularly and incorporate Arthur their midfield will offer their defence more protection which will allow their wingbacks to provide more service to their front men.

They won't challenge for the league but they will probably go deep in Europe.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not enough. Let's see them bottom half after Xmas, then I'll celebrate.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Prime Wijnaldum was a great player for them, could cover lots of ground.

cyberman

They simply can’t score or defend. If that were in England Napoli missed all but one chance and Liverpool get a draw out of it. Hopefully this is the dam breaking on them. Suddenly teams not missing easy chances.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
on a scale of jesus to epstein i’d say they’re about at the stage where they’re getting their own island.

Someone

Something
Still don't think they're in deep trouble like how we were last season. But I think it's fair to say they won't be challenging for the league or the CL. They'll have to recover quickly to avoid missing out on top 4 and I think they will, but this will be nothing like last season.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I don't see what the problem is. They had the most possession which, as any good Arsenal fan will tell you, means they were clearly the better team.