g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Hunting endangered species

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Rats with wings. Whether they fly from the gutter or the grove.
I'd eat a rat if all it had fed on was seeds and nuts. In fact squirrel is basically just this and it's delicious.
If you want something really gross, when we had squirrel faggots on the menu a while ago, we'd run the back of the knife down the squirrels belly and pop out its testicals. We'd then tempura them and nibble on them as chef treats. Delicious.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
I'd eat a rat if all it had fed on was seeds and nuts. In fact squirrel is basically just this and it's delicious.
If you want something really gross, when we had squirrel faggots on the menu a while ago, we'd run the back of the knife down the squirrels belly and pop out its testicals. We'd then tempura them and nibble on them as chef treats. Delicious.
You've spent too much time in Sydney.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I hope a squirrel shoots her and poses with the photo of her dead body to honour her.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So much honour. Look at me I killed a defensless animal with a big gun. Maybe after this she can do a bare knuckle cage match with a gorilla. The picture of that outcome, now that would impress me.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why would you kill giraffe?

Okay.. maybe wishing death on her is a bit harsh but she’s really a horrible human being. She doesn’t deserve anything than a big dose of Karma coming her way.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
As the CBS video suggests, big game hunting brought in about 215m compared with 17b from ordinary tourism (Safaris etc). The recreational hunters are basically lying to soften up public sentiment so they can continue their hunting.

GiddyUp

Okay.. maybe wishing death on her is a bit harsh but she’s really a horrible human being. She doesn’t deserve anything than a big dose of Karma coming her way.
In my opinion that giraffe is more interesting and worth a thousand people like her.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Why would you kill a giraffe.
Exactly. A thoroughly despicable human being.
Quite how any right minded individual would decide to shoot such a beautiful animal is beyond me.
She should feel totally embarrassed and ashamed of herself.
Hope she cannot sleep at night.

Cloud7

I vehemently disagree with you! I wish death on her with no remorse. Her and all trophy hunters deserve to die, preferably at the mouths and claws of the animals they’re ‘honoring’.

Tarrou

Doesn't seem like hunting to me, because I doubt the giraffe feels any threat from a human so wouldn't be trying to get out the way or anything. Basically any human with about 2 minutes gun training could execute a giraffe. So where do they derive the pleasure from or sense that they've 'hunted' something? Scum.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
She also did a good job of conflating her recreational Giraffe kill with conventional hunting where people hunt to actually eat what they kill (deer, elk, wild boar etc).

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I vehemently disagree with you! I wish death on her with no remorse. Her and all trophy hunters deserve to die, preferably at the mouths and claws of the animals they’re ‘honoring’.
Haha. Didn’t want to run the risk of getting infracted or even banned over her stupid existence. I agree though.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Utter cnut. They kill these creatures to mount on their wall. There is no honor in that.

Okay hunting a deer to eat I understand. I eat venison that my father in law kills. But he does it for food and gives it to the family.

Same with sport fishing. I don't agree with killing fish to just mount on your wall. If you kill it you eat it.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
What drives people to do this while claiming respect for the animal?

If you respect it, then let it live ye stupid cnut.
To be honest depends on the animal. Some are really difficult to hunt and getting them is like a game. Hunting say mountain goats can be very difficult and in the process you respect how they climb almost vertically on sharp edges.

Hunting a giraffe is just sub human level stuff though. I think the idea of hunting is very stupid BUT nothing wrong with it if you hunt animals that aren't endangered, under a proper legal license and CONSUME the animal. You have to eat the meat or use the animal for some benefit else its really dumb. .

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Doesn't seem like hunting to me, because I doubt the giraffe feels any threat from a human so wouldn't be trying to get out the way or anything. Basically any human with about 2 minutes gun training could execute a giraffe. So where do they derive the pleasure from or sense that they've 'hunted' something? Scum.
Exactly I even see hunters cringing at this

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
To be honest depends on the animal. Some are really difficult to hunt and getting them is like a game. Hunting say mountain goats can be very difficult and in the process you respect how they climb almost vertically on sharp edges.

Hunting a giraffe is just sub human level stuff though. I think the idea of hunting is very stupid BUT nothing wrong with it if you hunt animals that aren't endangered, under a proper legal license and CONSUME the animal. You have to eat the meat or use the animal for some benefit else its really dumb. .
I think if you respect the animal, you can hunt it and take a picture. Just as exciting, probably more difficult, too.

Killing things you aren't going to eat suggests some extreme form of inferiority complex. Like somehow killing something that isn't even thinking about you makes you better than others. It's sad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
80% of trophy hunters are American. Wow.

It's no excuse, but when your country's leaders best bid to combat the 100s of mass shootings that happen every year is to add more guns to the mix, then it's probably not a surprise.