g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

NinjaFletch

I'd 100% not take Willey to the world cup on the basis of pulling out of that delivery.

If you're not backing yourself to hit the fecking stumps when the batsman is standing off the cut strip then you're not a bowler.

PoTMS

Willey pull out game strong. Rashid finishes things off.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

4D chess played by Amir. Not picked in the preliminary squad. Was supposed to impress vs England but didn't feature. Probably would have been smacked all over the park. Instead he gets in by default because all other bowlers got smacked instead.

Also Wahab :lol:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How is Wahab still getting selected :houllier:

Moiraine

Fahim was a better choice than him. But he might not play at all in the tournament as he is way down the pecking order. Hasnain, Amir, Hassan Ali and Afridi would be rotated before they even consider him.

Good to see Shadab back though.

Moby

Dick
4D chess played by Amir. Not picked in the preliminary squad. Was supposed to impress vs England but didn't feature. Probably would have been smacked all over the park. Instead he gets in by default because all other bowlers got smacked instead.
:lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Left-arm rapid isn't he. All teams wan't one. I've always liked him but guess there's a limit to how many lefties you can have in one team.
Pakistan already have Shaheen Afridi who's rapid. Riaz is inconsistent af. Strange selection.

JohnnyKills

Tough on Willey to be left out of the England squad. Thought his batting could be crucial down the order. Hope that one doesn't come back to haunt us.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Nice to see Dawson being picked over Denly . England messed that up and should have given Dawson more games . Moeen is doing really poorly and Dawson is a nice option to have in case Moeen just has a terrible 5-6 games

NinjaFletch

Still think Wood is ridiculously lucky to have made the cut, but presumably he's looking fecking mint in the nets.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Right squad from England, tough on Willey. Can't see him getting another international game now with Sam Curran maturing.

Samid

Commentary squad:

How do the likes of Manjrekar and Raja keep getting picked? At least there's no Shastri, Danny Morrison etc.

Still think Wood is ridiculously lucky to have made the cut, but presumably he's looking fecking mint in the nets.
I don’t know about that

Bowls quick, decent economy rate as well; always expected him to be in. Gives us another option in the middle overs.

Expect him to be rolled in and out of the XI depending on the opponent and his needs for rest; with Curran coming in.

NinjaFletch

I don’t know about that

Bowls quick, decent economy rate as well; always expected him to be in. Gives us another option in the middle overs.

Expect him to be rolled in and out of the XI depending on the opponent and his needs for rest; with Curran coming in.
On the contrary, he averages 45 and has produced that one spell of 4 for something in the West Indies in God knows how long.

His pace is up and it's fair enough to pick him if they think that he's in a better place than he was, but I think he's a bit of a punt whereas Willey has a better record behind him. I'm just a bit surprised they found room for two pacers (along with Archer) who don't really have much of a record to speak of.

JohnnyKills

Commentary squad:

How do the likes of Manjrekar and Raja keep getting picked? At least there's no Shastri, Danny Morrison etc.
Hate Danny Morrison. He's just a rip-off of a U.S. commentator and it's seriously annoying.

JohnnyKills

On the contrary, he averages 45 and has produced that one spell of 4 for something in the West Indies in God knows how long.

His pace is up and it's fair enough to pick him if they think that he's in a better place than he was, but I think he's a bit of a punt whereas Willey has a better record behind him. I'm just a bit surprised they found room for two pacers (along with Archer) who don't really have much of a record to speak of.
Agree. It's hard on Willey. They're chosing raw (and often unreliable) attributes over a proven track record.

That said, we've conceded some massive totals lately. In the Pakistan series we conceded three totals in the mid-300s and a 290, and it was worse in the West Indies. You can't win the World Cup if you're having to chase 300 every game.

If you look at most of the best ODI seam bowlers, they either have loads of pace or they're full of tricks. Willey isn't really either. He's a really useful lower order batsman but the opposition will always look to target him with the old ball.

paulscholes18

My team for the first game would be
Roy
Bairstow
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Woakes
Plunkett
Archer
Rashid

Willy is unlucky to miss out, thought he could have stayed in for Denly rather then brining in Dawson

JohnnyKills

My team for the first game would be
Roy
Bairstow
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Woakes
Plunkett
Archer
Rashid

Willy is unlucky to miss out, thought he could have stayed in for Denly rather then brining in Dawson
Guess you might look at replacing Plunkett with Wood but nothing wrong with that team really. Top seven picks itself.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Just read about Asif Ali and his daughter. Massive respect for him and RIP to his daughter.

Can't imagine the mental strength to carry on playing in that state.

Hope he does brilliantly in this WC for Pakistan(but they lose all the matches ofcourse :D)

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Not a fan of that.

The Pakistan kit looks nice for once.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The top isn’t great but I think it’d look way better with different trousers.

ChrisNelson

I quite like the England kit for the World Cup. It's a throw back to 1992 (obviously). I remember that World Cup because my dad had suffered a heart attack and was signed off work for a few weeks and that was when we first got Sky, so he could watch the matches as he was a massive cricket fan. Thankfully we ended up keeping Sky after that :).

I think it's nice and simple, not trying to be too fancy as that's sometimes when kits end up at their most hideous.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Not a fan of that.

The Pakistan kit looks nice for once.
:lol: looks terrible, the navy blue they normally wear is a lot better. .

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just read about Asif Ali and his daughter. Massive respect for him and RIP to his daughter.

Can't imagine the mental strength to carry on playing in that state.

Hope he does brilliantly in this WC for Pakistan(but they lose all the matches ofcourse :D)
Yeah real sad news, surprised he's playing on.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Thing with Wahab is he has that character to produce on big occasion sometimes and get a tough wicket. That Pakistan bowling attack isn’t in great form but on paper if it clicks they could blow sides away.

Quite like the England retro kit - it’s not pretty but it is certainly nostalgic.

Samid

Thing with Wahab is he has that character to produce on big occasion sometimes and get a tough wicket. That Pakistan bowling attack isn’t in great form but on paper if it clicks they could blow sides away.

His WC record is actually quite decent but there are no minnows there this time around and the two new ball rule means he won't have any reverse swing at the death. Can't see him being anything other than a 90mph spray gun going at 10 per over in these conditions.

NinjaFletch

Could go alright if they us him how England have used Plunkett. Bang it in back of a length, bowl some cutters and a shit load of bouncers. Don't pitch anything up and bowl him exclusively in the middle overs.

RooneyLegend

Was looking forward to this until I saw the pitches. Have no idea why the ICC think we want to see a ru.n fest were the team batting first due to scoreboard pressure instead of balanced contests between bat and ball.