ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Should have never been part of the squad. Oz would have dropped a player like this two years back from ODI squad. Instead we want to give him a farewell tour in this cup. He can only lose us a game here not win one.
That’s why Aussies genuinely dominated for a decade and won three consecutive world cups without hardly breaking a sweat, no passengers or leeway for past greats. Can somebody do the job better than this guy? Yes. Then replace him

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
My Anger is mostly due to not even trying as it was a good batting pitch and England bowled well but it was nothing where we couldn't even score specially first 10 and last 5.

Dhawan going has weakened our batting even more and having test match players doesn't help. Not really worried about this defeat as it pisses pakistan fans off and we'll make Semi's regardless.

Anyways good win for you lot. Congrats.
:lol: Yeah I'm sure that's a sweetener to the defeat for you.

Definitely in different conditions at a different ground you're capable of turning anyone over, including us of course. For the sake of the tournament I hope you stick with Pant, get him some games and he'll be great, and that Rahul either shapes up or is replaced, but for the sake of England I hope you don't!

It would be very us to win this one then get eliminated by NZ, so I'm certainly not relaxed about that last round-robin game just yet.

dbs235

That’s why Aussies genuinely dominated for a decade and won three consecutive world cups without hardly breaking a sweat, no passengers or leeway for past greats. Can somebody do the job better than this guy? Yes. Then replace him
On top of that, Australia have that knack of coming good for tournaments, just like Germany do in football.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We (mostly Dhoni) has previous for this. As in he stops trying to win the game if target goes out of reach and just tries to get a respectable total instead. Was glad at least Kohli did not defend this approach this time like he had in the past.
Kohli didn't defend him? Didn't he say that MS was trying to hit boundaries?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Should have never been part of the squad. Oz would have dropped a player like this two years back from ODI squad. Instead we want to give him a farewell tour in this cup. He can only lose us a game here not win one.
We (mostly Dhoni) has previous for this. As in he stops trying to win the game if target goes out of reach and just tries to get a respectable total instead. Was glad at least Kohli did not defend this approach this time like he had in the past.
Just last year Dhoni got booed in England for batting like this
Pity no India fans called up and made these points.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
My Anger is mostly due to not even trying as it was a good batting pitch and England bowled well but it was nothing where we couldn't even score specially first 10 and last 5.

Dhawan going has weakened our batting even more and having test match players doesn't help. Not really worried about this defeat as it pisses pakistan fans off and we'll make Semi's regardless.

Anyways good win for you lot. Congrats.
Looks like you edited your post significantly, which kind of reinforces the view of some Pakistan fans that India threw the game.

There was a view that India wanted to preserve their run rate, with qualification being in the bag, because their bottom 4 are rubbish with the bat. I'm an England fan, but I am starting to think the victory was, perhaps, a bit hollow.

KM

Looks like you edited your post significantly, which kind of reinforces the view of some Pakistan fans that India threw the game.

There was a view that India wanted to preserve their run rate, with qualification being in the bag, because their bottom 4 are rubbish with the bat. I'm an England fan, but I am starting to think the victory was, perhaps, a bit hollow.
Don't be silly ffs. On a flat pitch, England are a better side.

zing

Zingle balls

Nothing hollow about the victory.

Nrr qualifications are not affected if we lose by 30 or 60, it's averaged out over the entire tournament and 30 runs less makes nearly no impact.

We didn't throw it with Pakistan in mind. We were bit shit and England were better.

AJ10

??

Not sure which part you think I've edited (I haven't edited anything in this post) but Why would me or any fan editing a post (if I did) reinforce anything? Why would my opinion count towards what Team India have done or not done today?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Kohli didn't defend him? Didn't he say that MS was trying to hit boundaries?
In past he has given the excuse of NRR. This time he said it is upto the two batsmen to explain why they played that way. So may be excuses why they could not score but not the style of batting.

AJ10

Question to everyone blaming the afghan captain, did Kohli fixed the match?
India chasing a big total vs Gulbaddin screwing his team when they were winning, not sure thats the same thing.

Not that I think it was fixed, more like he was trying to be a glory hog.

KM

In past he has given the excuse of NRR. This time he said it is upto the two batsmen to explain why they played that way. So may be excuses why they could not score but not the style of batting.
Kohli is one of Thalatards isn't he?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Don't be silly ffs. On a flat pitch, England are a better side.
There are arguements and counter arguments.

Vaughan and the Indian presenter on 6.6 made perfectly valid points. Equally, the Pakistan supporting callers may just have been sour grapes, because it makes it more difficult for them to qualify, and there is, shall we say, animosity, between the two countries.

It would have been better if some Indian supporters had called in, although I didn't listen until the end.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Think Dhoni's reputation is kind of affecting the expectations from him and the fact that the rest of the lower middle order can't contribute much isn't helping either . He has somehow ended in this team where Jadhav is completely out of touch , there is no regular number 4 and the bowlers are hopeless with the bat which puts a lot of responsibility on him and he just doesn't have it to be that guy anymore. He could play as a wk who helps with tactics and who bats a bit but India can't be expecting him to win matches with the bat . If he does it that's great but it's going to be rare

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
??

Not sure which part you think I've edited (I haven't edited anything in this post) but Why would me or any fan editing a post (if I did) reinforce anything? Why would my opinion count towards what Team India have done or not done today?
Someone quoted your post and there were significant differences to the post I saw.

See the post from @12OunceEpilogue above.

MJJ

India chasing a big total vs Gulbaddin screwing his team when they were winning, not sure thats the same thing.

Not that I think it was fixed, more like he was trying to be a glory hog.
Afghanistan defending a small total vs India scoring 27 off the first 10 overs = screwing over the team.

Like I said yesterday, the people saying he had fixed the match were being stupid yesterday.

KM

In general, yes. Dhoni backed him heavily early on in his career so he is never going to drop him.
There are still loads who believe that Dhoni is our best option as ODI wicket keeper. I don't know what's wrong with them.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Maybe Dhoni wants to preserve his 50 average until he retires? Could explain why he's so risk averse these days.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think that not many people here actually believe that Gulbadin fixed the match . It's more like the decisions were so bad that I would much rather say that it was fixed rather than believe that someone could be that stupid

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
There is zero chance that Dhoni plays for India after the WC , for the first time I have seen that he is having physical issues and just isn't that fit anymore. His wicket-keeping isn't the same either and he will 100% retire and play IPL for a couple more years

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Question to everyone blaming the afghan captain, did Kohli fixed the match?
Kohli just met a better side on a flat pitch which excuses the first and last 10 overs. Gulbad however failed to win from a winning position against a worse* team.

*according to his CEO

ZupZup

There are arguements and counter arguments.

Vaughan and the Indian presenter on 6.6 made perfectly valid points. Equally, the Pakistan supporting callers may just have been sour grapes, because it makes it more difficult for them to qualify, and there is, shall we say, animosity, between the two countries.

It would have been better if some Indian supporters had called in, although I didn't listen until the end.
I think it’s a bit unfair to talk about throwing the game when England were comfortable favourites after the first innings...

India have never chased an ODI total that high outside of their own country. It was a big ask and the odds were never in their favour.

AJ10

Afghanistan defending a small total vs India scoring 27 off the first 10 overs = screwing over the team.

Like I said yesterday, the people saying he had fixed the match were being stupid yesterday.
Right... then there were 40 overs left after those ten.... vs Afghan spinners bowling brilliantly and pak batmans looking like kids trying to figure out which delivery it was, then gulbaddin came in and gave away 18 runs when he didn't need to bowl himself. That took all the pressure off pakistan and all they needed was run a bowl after that.

Both weren't fixes and they are not the same thing, Strange argument.

MJJ

Right... then there were 40 overs left after those ten.... vs Afghan spinners bowling brilliantly and pak batmans looking like kids trying to figure out which delivery it was, then gulbaddin came in and gave away 18 runs when he didn't need to bowl himself. That took all the pressure off pakistan and all they needed was run a bowl after that.

Both weren't fixes and they are not the same thing, Strange argument.
I agree on that atleast.

AJ10

Sorry, I fecked up :D

But still, the fact that losing doesn't bother you because which is exactly the point being made on the radio.
I wouldn't say loosing today didn't bother me, ofcourse it did (I've posted lots of comments moaning about the pitch being in Englands favour from previous pitch at this ground as I wanted us to win) but we lost, so no point crying about it....Move on, better team won.

Look for positives in defeat (one of them being Diminishing chances of Pakistan progressing, as a rival their fans would have the same opinion in a similar situation as would any English and Aussie fans), fortunately this defeat for us isn't as bad because we're in a good position but I still wanted us to win.

Of course other fans might have a different opinion from mine but that doesn't mean team India shared their opinion.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I was just checking the numbers from India Vs England last year and Dhoni scored 37(59) and 42(66) in the 2 games he batted it and India lost both of them . India actually hit 2 sixes in those 2 games and those were by Shardul thakur. So today wasn't much different to that

AshRK

The best thing happening to England was Bairstow's interview of complaining about the pitch. There is a reason many including a lot of Indian fans were saying england are the favorites because no one can beat England in a batting paradise. They have been preparing and playing on these type of pitches for last 2 years atleast. This is why Bairstow played the whining card.

Also, heard Kohli's post match interview. It was petty but I also think his frustration was also with the pitch and which is what he kept on referring flat tracks and changed deck from previous match. Ofcourse you won't expect kohli to directly question the pitch but it was clear how the pitch was going to be the moment Bairstow's interview came. I would not be surprised if we see mostly flat decks for England's remaining games. Making England favorites again.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
The best thing happening to England was Bairstow's interview of complaining about the pitch. There is a reason many including a lot of Indian fans were saying england are the favorites because no one can beat England in a batting paradise. They have been preparing and playing on these type of pitches for last 2 years atleast. This is why Bairstow played the whining card.

Also, heard Kohli's post match interview. It was pity but I also think his frustration was also with the pitch and which is what he kept on referring flat tracks and changed deck from previous match. Ofcourse you won't expect kohli to directly question the pitch but it was clear how the pitch was going to be the moment Bairstow's interview came. I would not be surprised if we see mostly flat decks for England's remaining games. Making England favorites again.
You said this a few times in this thread, I doubt ginger northerners have much of an impact on ICC directions on groundmen. This is up there with Gulbadin being on Pakistan's payroll.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

Also, heard Kohli's post match interview. It was petty but I also think his frustration was also with the pitch and which is what he kept on referring flat tracks and changed deck from previous match. Ofcourse you won't expect kohli to directly question the pitch but it was clear how the pitch was going to be the moment Bairstow's interview came. I would not be surprised if we see mostly flat decks for England's remaining games. Making England favorites again.
Are you ok mate, this is only the 37th time you’ve mentioned this today?